All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. mad

Brexit, WTF

You beat me to it Jack.
  3. Shootist Jeff

Time to impeach?

Cool story, bro. And a true one at that.....
  4. jack_sparrow

Brexit, WTF

Yes and Bercow forced to remind the Edwardian Pencil that he forgot to remove his fingerprints from supporting Bercow reject May's first presentation of MV3...oops. Bercow must keep a "get square" list.
  5. Point Break

NFL 2019

Well......maybe next year........
  6. revintage

Show your dingy sailing....

Nice pic! Absolutely, but built the "Frankendinghy" from bits and pieces I had lying around. The lightly used sail, that I bought from UK, is probably some kind of prototype with the original luff length, but with shorter(2,3m) foot and 8,5 sqm SA. I don´t think there is a Blaze fleet in Sweden. Seems to be a very active class in UK, though.
  7. Foolish

New sails

Reefable 100% jib - I was using mine in 30 knots yesterday. And a Code 0 for reaching. Lots of fun.
  8. Sol Rosenberg

CUBA- I'm confused

That was wet foot/dry foot, a policy to give Cubans who reached shore a pass, and Hatians who reached shore a trip back to Haiti. That ended when relations were reinstated with Cuba, and we agreed to treat people the same regardless of their voting propensities...skin color...nationality.
  9. Svanen

Fast singlehander for 60 yo's for messsin' about

This would work well, presuming of course that he is a midget. Otherwise, the 420 is a Boat of Pain for any reasonably-sized adult (with or without back problems).
  10. On The Hard

Hangovers are now an "illness"

4 bottles of wine + 3 people = 1 mean hangover illness.
  11. "Today, a meter is “the length of the path travelled by light in vacuum during a time interval of 1/299,792,458 of a second.” Presumably they settled on that for ease of calibration of measuring tools.
  12. Sol Rosenberg

Dropping Like Flies, Now There Are Just 2 Amigos

What the bullshit artists seem to forget is that Mr. Rosenstein failed to include the Ukrainian extortion investigation in his appointment letter which detailed the topics the Special Counsel had authority to investigate, quite likely because it hadn't happened yet.
  13. sailor 5467

Show your dingy sailing....

you should have just stuck with a Blaze...
  14. Saint Greta

Greta

So much for the “Buh Bye”.
  15. SloopJonB

Ugly dodger collection

WOW - that gem appears to have every amateur ferro mistake there was - 27' - really well able to absorb the extra weight, molded in ferro bowsprit, wiggly sheer, ferro deck & cabin by the look of it, incredibly crappy tabernacle, incredibly crappy dodger..... I'd love to see the interior. I'd wager that everything was built "a little stronger, a little beefier" than the plans dictated. "Very stable" - It just sits there.
  16. Bull City

Pool noodles vs. cubitainers

You're Canadian. Why aren't you talking kilos?
  17. Bull City

Spray Foam Sealant/Insulation

Thanks to all. I'll talk to my insurer( lucky that it's been USAA since 1971) and a detailer.
  18. Svanen

what it is

19. SloopJonB

Mocking Ads on Craigslist

That gas tank looks like a very comfortable seat.
  20. B.J. Porter

Best Anchor Drag Alarms

We have the "one hour rule" - basically we always wait on board with someone at least an hour after we set the hook. Usually, by the time people get dressed and cleaned up and the boat tucked away we're close to that anyway. But it's one of our immutable rules.
  21. kent_island_sailor

CUBA- I'm confused

???? I thought Cubans got an express ticket to Miami and bypassed all that unpleasantness intended for Mexicans?
  22. Norse Horse

Mocking Ads on Craigslist

I posted this before but someone has posted a warning. https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/boa/d/abbotsford-southeast-re-7-boat/6991836033.html " RE: 7’ Boat. Needs Reassembly. Can Include Tiller Engine. THIS IS NOT A BOAT.. THIS IS AN AIRPLANE FUSELAGE FROM A Spectrum Beaver Ultralight Aircraft. IF YOU TRY TO USE THIS AS A BOAT, YOU WILL DIE!!!! i HAVE REPEATED TOLD THIS PERSON THAT THIS IS NOT A BOAT. (IMAGE OF HIS CRAFT) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrum_Beaver SPECTRUM BEAVER RX550 "
  23. Grande Mastere Dreade

Pool noodles vs. cubitainers

"well, i'll have to think about it"
  24. Fat Point Jack

Fast singlehander for 60 yo's for messsin' about

Too complex. Really want uni-rig Too heavy: Mail hull 159, float w/beam (is this 1 or 2)40 or 80. That's 240 and no mast or sails. Too wide to trailer, I could probably do it and not caught too often. Maybe too wide for little ramp. Nice boat though and the Charlotte Harbor Regatta is in my back yard.
  25. Sol Rosenberg

CUBA- I'm confused

Here's one that the bullshit artists won't spread with their propaganda: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hamedaleaziz/cuban-asylum-ice-death-suicide-louisiana-detention
  1. Load more activity

Announcements