All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Importunate Tom

Since we know the Russians are here

They're rolls. Although, looking at peopleofwalmart.com, it seems a major role of most voters is eating rolls. It's amazing anyone trying to teach English to foreigners survives.
  3. dacapo

Sarah Huckabee Sanders

i think she enjoys what she does just fine
  4. Rat's ass

Assange has been arrested

FIFY
  5. I guess Hickenlooper's statement is technically true. IIRC, the Vice President's house is across the street from the White House, making him completely unrelated to the administration. You know, like Cheney. The thread on the resulting recall elections has been archived but NBC Did A Retrospective Darn staffers. Always dictating executive actions. A 24 hour day allowed time to speak to noted $peaker Bloomberg, just not sheriffs in his own state.
  6. cmilliken

Reading The Mueller Report

"Intense partisanship and the desire for power, in short, will save the president from the political reckoning he probably deserves." Truth.
  7. Ed Lada

Which is more?

Well, if you want to be philosophical, you need extremes to make things meaningful. There is no beauty without ugliness, there is no pleasure without pain. That's why I can't believe in some afterlife in paradise. So you spend 70-80 years struggling through life and then you go to 'heaven'. I don't care if it is non-stop carnal knowledge with a perpetually 26 year old Scarlett Johannson, there is nothing I can imagine that wouldn't get tiresome if I were doing do it for eternity. That's a long time. We should always learn from life and the bad times teach us more than the good times, in my opinion. Not that I like being pushed to the wall, but I have learned a lot from the painful experiences in my life. If nothing else, I have learned that I am pretty strong and knowing that makes the inevitable future bad times a little easier to endure. You know, if it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger. At this point in my life I am a veritable emotional Schwarzenegger.
  8. Sol Rosenberg

Sarah Huckabee Sanders

I posted elsewhere that she should stay. After every sentence someone should ask if she is just making that up or if she would say that if she was under oath.
  9. Sol Rosenberg

Since we know the Russians are here

Neither. I just want to see if those who repeat talking points can back up the talk with any substance.
  10. Importunate Tom

Reading The Mueller Report

I haven't read the report. Just some Koch-$pon$ored propaganda about it.
  11. Importunate Tom

First Step Act

How FIRST STEP Passed Good for Jared. Not sure whether a yarmulke tip is warranted or not?
  12. Today
  13. Importunate Tom

Drug Prohibition: Still Stupid

The Hunt For Stoned Drivers It's a vexing problem and at the moment we're probably punishing lots of people needlessly, as the opening anecdote in the article shows. That's like texting while driving less. No. Don't do it at all.
  14. bgytr

ORC For Dummies

that's a good thing.
  15. Importunate Tom

California has lots of regulations on businesses And they're doing an interesting juggling act, simultaneously trying to encourage and trying to strangle their legal cannabis industry. I see it as a good thing. Yeah, they're going too far and Puritans and NIMBY warriors are fighting misguided battles and screwing things up but that's a feature, not a bug, of legal markets. Black markets have different rules. Jeff helpfully started a thread that is largely about the results. With all the faults, legal markets are better.
  16. Importunate Tom

Reefer Madness, BTW, is not dead yet "Might have been??"
  17. Mr. Ed

Mocking Ads on Craigslist

Gosh that boat name suggests keeping a considered distance at cocktail hour - bright-eyed evangelicals in a state of near permanent ecstacy are an acquired taste . . .
  18. Importunate Tom

Carl’s Jr. will test a CBD-infused burger "sell on" seems weird there. I found that article from this one. It can, huh? I think some authors on this subject are showing early signs of reefer madness. But good for Carl's Jr anyway.
  19. Importunate Tom

Administrative Searches and the 4th Amendment

RRS means one thing on a sailing site but it can mean Racist Railroad Stations
  20. jack_sparrow

Brisbane to Gladstone 2019

A big boat race and Kerisma was robbed and worse still Ichi losing her stick put those least deserved of anything but a pie in the face on top of the podium it seems. A Saturday night finish for many means, and God forbid some on the LH winner too, lots of fun tonight, but unlike the old days pre social media, not fun enough. Dust off the fan, rum is cheap, scrum down people and pretend that Tongan bouncer and Facebook doesn't exist. Well done you are all keeping offshore sailing alive.
  21. Fiji Bitter

Il Mostro no longer on the Great Lakes??

Well spotted in the interior pictures, or maybe you knew. It's a beautiful wooden cold moulded varnished one. This one on close sister ship Whitefin is even nicer.
  22. Importunate Tom

Assange has been arrested

How about when they say, "Don't look at the traitors who still work for us! Look at that guy who revealed them and doesn't work for us any more!" I'm not OK with going back on the promise to work within the oversight rules. I still think the people who did it should be revealed and fired. But no, the big problem isn't those people and the culture they created of punishing whistleblowers. It's the whistleblowers.
  23. I forgot to note that the guns are required to be locked as well. I guess my question has already been answered: I haven't seen too many other complaints about how lax NYC gun laws are. How are you supposed to get a gun home if it is not allowed to be anywhere else?
  24. I am approaching retirement and thinking of a boat to enjoy that time in. I have only sailed mono's apart from a few fangs in 2 up off the beach style cats and the odd resort sunset cruise. My partner has some mobility issues so a cat has many advantages. I have done some market research and the first obvious thing is Cats are expensive by comparison. We are in the sub $150k bracket. I get the original extra cost due to the construction costs but even old cruising cats think they are still expensive. I did the glass work on a Prout Snow goose in the late 70's and I still find them for sale above $100k. I guess I'm looking for advise as to what to look for, what makes a good local cruising cat. Where we will be, mooring is not an issue so the size is not a problem. One thing I constantly see is steering positions perched up on a chair with limited visibility and a leap of faith to attend to any "strings". Opinions on outboards v inboards would be most welcome. Can a Cat be maneuvered on one motor is another item, I have seen many of these. I have my own ideas but I really would like some input from someone who has done it, it's a bit of a quantum shift.
  25. Importunate Tom

The debate over assault weapons

Mass Shooting In Kentucky Not much is known about this incident but we do know the number four and that means that TeamD knows which guns need banning and confiscating in response, so TnP of DOING SOMETHING.
  26. Importunate Tom

Number of School Shootings Decreased

AP Ruins A Good Scare Story
  27. jack_sparrow

Brexit, WTF

You must have have overlooked where I said (in first paragraph) she repeated that statement to the EU. That is not one country but 28 countries incl the UK, not one that the US Democrats regard the Irish border issue as a national and international imperative. Why should American households give a toss? That probably says it all about many in middle America and as currently reinforced and portrayed to the rest of the world by their incumbent President. Is that a good thing? Many in the world think not. PS. Many in New York City on St Patrick's Day seem to get it though and yes that is Mary Lou up front.
  1. Load more activity

Announcements