All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. A guy in the Chesapeake

Which is more?

That's the point that my friend was making - and I think that the folks who suggest that the comparison is invalid are probably right, but the consideration made me think for a bit.
  3. KeithMagnussen

N2E changes

great song
  4. Olsonist

Warren tosses her Bribe into the ring

Your boy Shitstain is all about the vets: The Department of Veterans Affairs is pushing to suspend a 50-year-old ethics law that prevents employees from receiving money or owning a stake in for-profit colleges that pocket hundreds of millions of dollars in tuition paid through the G.I. Bill of Rights. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/29/business/veterans-affairs-ethics.html
  5. Zonker

Japan had already suspended F-35 Production

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-22/lockheed-s-costly-f-35-to-be-billions-costlier-pentagon-finds Lockheed Martin Corp.’s F-35 jet, the world’s costliest weapons program, just got even costlier. The estimated total price for research and procurement has increased by $22 billion in current dollars adjusted for inflation, according to the Pentagon’s latest annual cost assessment of major projects. The estimate for operating and supporting the fleet of fighters over more than six decades grew by almost $73 billion to $1.196 trillion. <dang. Trillions are real money, even in US defense spending> The increase to $428.4 billion from $406.2 billion in acquisition costs, about a 5.5 percent increase, isn’t due to poor performance, delays or excessive costs for labor or materials, according to the Defense Department’s latest Selected Acquisition Report sent to Congress last week and obtained by Bloomberg News. Instead, the increase reflects for the first time the current cost estimates for a major set of upgrades planned in coming “Block 4” modifications, according to the report.
  6. It will age well in history books. The town founded on stolen land, and named for a two-bit criminal.
  7. Mismoyled Jiblet.

Bullshit . FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. It is just a form - well, online application now. Filling out the application is required for federal student aid, some schools use it for their own aid programs, but they are more than capable of deciding on their own.
  8. BillDBastard

In keeping with the "If some is good, more is better" narrative, which usually is not the case. College costs, in large part, have exploded because the government set up a system for institutions to drastically increase their fees.
  9. NaptimeAgain

Your Yard Anarchy

Yes
  10. BillDBastard

Geeze the reason I posted the graph I did was so that you could see the effects in picture format..... yet still you don't see it. And FASFA isn't "just forms", it is a qualifier for who is eligible for what types of assistance. It is in effect the government deciding who gets what. And yes the GI Bill was transformative, but the reasons for the GI Bill was that a whole host of people that served put aside the pursuit of higher education to serve our country. It was a reset to get those who fought in WWII back on track.
  11. Mismoyled Jiblet.

The Redacted Mueller Report

Dog pearl clutching about process and workarounds and decrying "crazed lynch mobs". You can call Trump an asshole all you like Dog. It doesn't fucking change you in here every fucking day defending his latest bit of assholery. Trump wins because fuckers like you will stand by the party.
  12. I don't think I have ever used ignore. How would I know what silliness lefties feel is worth repeating from the MSM newscasts if I used ignore?
  13. Laser1

Brexit, WTF

Just saw a piece on the local news : Can someone who's been to school longer than I have explain why there is a government scheme to temporarily import 2500 non-eu low skilled workers to work predominantly in the agricultural sector. Cornwall growers now crying wolf because crops cannot be harvested swiftly enough, or at all, or new crops cannot be planted due to the lack of eu workers that have been scared away. 40 Ukrainians have been allocated to a farm which in the high season can do with 400 workers on its own. But worst of all, the local West Cornwall CP MP's George Eustice (useless) ex Gov.Minister for Agriculture & fishing with his gob on telly, Steve Double, Derek Thomas ... all vehement brexshitteers to a T now all on their back legs claiming it is all May's fault that their main constituents industries, agriculture & fishing, are in fear of going down the tube. They want the scheme upped to 30.000 minimum ....... https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/cornish-daffodils-left-rot-lack-2716754 James claimed locals did not want to work in the fields, saying he only had ten applications this year. Of those, eight were offered jobs but only two turned up and they did not last their first week. (btw it pays £8.21 min. per hour if aged 25 years or older) We all knew this would happen and it has been covered upstairs in some shape or form. But now to come out on public telly, spouting this new gospel without blinking........ Really ?????
  14. kent_island_sailor

Which is more?

We are designed for our kids to be sad when we die, not vice versa. One wonders what it was like when you had to have 6 kids to make sure you ended up with three
  15. AJ Oliver

Yeah, I guess when the US Reich gives giant tax giveaways to the already filthy rich, it's not really a bribe - more like a quid pro quo. And I like Malarkey's bizarre logic - giving more $ to the rich only makes ". . . the problem simply grows to absorb the new inflow and the problem remains only bigger." Same with throwing money at the military merchants of death
  16. Rasputin22

Keel Failure

Only a thousand pound keel for that big race boat? You must have dropped a decimal.
  17. Not sure this will age well - NETANYAHU: 'I WILL NAME A GOLAN TOWN AFTER TRUMP' https://m.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Netanyahu-I-will-name-a-Golan-town-after-Trump-587690
  18. Mrleft8

Nautical names for dogs

"This"? I had a friend who had a dog named "The"...... But I guess "This" works too.... "Who's dog is this?" He's mine. "What's his name?"....
  19. d'ranger

Drip Drip Drip

The great thing is Trump tweets what is really going on once you learn to interpret them: "I am not the least concerned with impeachment" = I am fuking freaking out right now. "The press treats me so unfairly" = they nailed my ass again, and so on. If not for the baby sitters surrounding him there would have already been multiple meltdowns and Constitutional crises.
  20. NeedAClew

Larry's AC50 Circus

I TOLD RC to lock the developers up with all the leftover RedBull, but nooooo he has to go sell the leftovers on eBay to get money for new wing paint jobs....
  21. Cal20sailor

Drip Drip Drip

Loved this response: @jdsteinbergMore Replying to @jaketapper The WH Correspondents should hire actors to pose as each and every one of them in the audience. Bring in Alec Baldwin as Trump. I'm glad I never needed a job so badly to be told what I could or could not do on my own time.
  22. C34 Happy

Sun Fast 3300

The order overall on corrected time in the Spi among the "new" boats was (2) SF3300 Sapristi;, (3) J/99 Grassi Bateaux; (18) JPK 1030 Leon, but, as has been pointed out, the winds were apparently light all weekend (non-existent on Sunday?) and the JPK 1030's uneven results (#1 - first overall and on corrected time; #2 - DNF; #3 - 15th; and #4 - 18th) tolled against her. It could be interesting to see how these new, improved-in-light-air boats fare in heavier winds (this year's Fastnet?).
  23. Rasputin22

Your Yard Anarchy

My Grandfather deeded me the 40 acre woodlot that was part of his farm on Sand Mountain that forms the south side of the Tennessee Valley where it dips down across the north part of Alabama. It has not been logged or even managed for as long as I can remember and I should make an appointment with a forestry service type to walk the property and advise on what I should do with the property. I'm fantasising that there will be some nice mature American Black Walnut that can be selectively harvested for a profit. GrandDad's other farm's woodlot was thick with walnut and other valuable trees but that farm was first flooded when the TVA dammed the river and created Lake Guntersville. He was left with 70 acres up against the ridge but then in the 70's TVA decided that they would condemn what was left to erect a breeder nuclear reactor. It never occured to those idiots that the whole area was riddled with limestone caverns and springs which is the last thing you want under the foundation of your nuclear reactor! Didn't stop them from bulldozing the whole place and the two adjacent farm remnants just to place big test towers that measure the sinkage of the land underneath. By the time they saw that the spongy ground there would not do, breeder plants had become 'out of fashion' so now it is just a big blight on the riverbank.
  24. Mrleft8

Your Yard Anarchy

Bamboo.
  25. Mrleft8

Your Yard Anarchy

Your "red cedar" is certainly not a Fir (Abies), almost certainly Juniperus Virginiana. Or "pencil cedar", "Eastern Redcedar", or "Incense Cedar".
  1. Load more activity

Announcements