All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. justsomeguy!

FAIR Act to Reform Asset Seizure Laws

That's odd.
  3. Just A Skosh

Charter connection in DC

Anything that big will have too much draft to sail on the Potomac...
  4. Importunate Tom

FAIR Act to Reform Asset Seizure Laws

He's a TeamR party animal in a lot of ways, as he demonstrated clearly when he withdrew from the Presidential race and endorsed Trump. There have been other indications since. But saying he's as libertarian as Trump makes little sense in this thread. The FAIR Act is a libertarian project, not a Trump project. I'm in a good mood so I didn't move your reply to the Kelo thread, where it would look positively idiotic. Trump's a fan of that decision, Paul is in the libertarian camp.
  5. Olsonist

A GOP Congressman Finally Reads The Report

Obstruction of Justice 18 U.S.C. § 1503 defines "obstruction of justice" as an act that "corruptly or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication, influences, obstructs, or impedes, or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede, the due administration of justice."
  6. Importunate Tom

Authorizing Unitary Military Forever!

Last time I had the chance, I voted for the available candidate who didn't back our stupid war in Iraq. How about you?
  7. Malolo_F9A

Corsair F28 Mast Question

I did this alot in the local harbor to duck a bridge on PCH in huntington beach, no problem except I had to fold and unfold the boat. Not needed on F28 with ginpole so should be easy. My 31 uses a gin pole and is very easy to duck bridges by lowering and then raising mast. I use a Milwakee 90degree drill with a chuck which fits in the winch and it becomes a powered winch which means even my wife can raise the mast!!! The bit part is on ebay its aluminum its awesome get the high voltage lithium rechargable unit from Milwaukee its very powerful. Steve F9A Malolo
  8. Forourselves

How many challengers will there be?

Ah ah Unless you're now calling Glenn Ashby a liar too
  9. burritoughs

Steve and Dave Clarks Unidentified Foiling Object

Wickford Regatta (June 8-9) is just around and late fees kick in tonight when the clock strikes 12. Don’t turn into a pumpkin. Get registered right now before late fees kick in. We have 6 UFOs (plus 5 Moths and 5 Waszps) registered already. Come join the party. As always check out www.ufoclass.com/events for all the latest information on UFO activity. -Nick P.S. Here’s the highlights from Foiling Midwinters in Key Largo, FL to get you salivating. Sign up now.
  10. Importunate Tom

As is impeachment. An impeachable offense is what the House says it is. For that reason, Justin Amash is kind of right by definition He's a member of the House, not the whole House, so only kind of. He's right about that. I admit I have not read Mueller's report. The parts and commentary I have read make me think that he attempted to obstruct justice but was thwarted by underlings. Attempting to obstruct justice is obstruction of justice whether or not you succeed. Provable in court beyond reasonable doubt? Who cares? The question is: provable to the satisfaction of enough of the House? edit: forgot to apologize for posting more Koch-$pon$ored Trump cheerleading. I'm as sorry as usual.
  11. Tornado-Cat

How many challengers will there be?

Ah ah, a godspell to Saint Grant from the TNZ parish TNZ made up the numbers like the other teams, the foiling possibility was introduced by Melvin Morelli, same for the wing. Reasons of the success were many: big boats, foiling, amazing place, lots of people, ambiance, anarchists, wind, TNZ winning at the beginning, OR come back. For those who forgot the origin of foiling at the AC: When Pete Melvin co-wrote the design rule for the AC72 catamaran, he knew there were two distinct areas of development that could determine the winner of the 34th America’s Cup; the hard wing, an aspect of Oracle Team USA’s Cup-winning monster cat brought forward to this new era of Cup technology; and the foils. As it turns out, the 130’ wingsail, initially regarded as the radical innovation of this America’s Cup cycle, was overshadowed by the realization that these giant catamarans could not only foil downwind but upwind. https://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/2013/09/17/shaping-foils-re-shaped-americas-cup/
  12. Gantt

New Olympic Dinghy Selection

Not exactly sure what you are disagreeing to Southern Cross. What I'm talking about is the usage of the term "copyright" in the IYRU agreement, and that what is agreed is different to copyright law. For example: and here, where the right to amend and revise is referenced: These are clauses agreed to. It is very clear that over the years some of the parties when loosely saying "copyright", are referring to their contracted rights, rather than copyright law.
  13. Brian M.

Merlin at 75 mph

This. Top of the rudder was coming out of the water at average angles of heel.
  14. martin.langhoff

I read it the same and imo that's not frand, it's not anti-monopoly. There is nothing in the policy, as written, that will do much re monopolies. The usual strategy is what I described. Small niche plays get to hold a tiny monopoly, but actually dominant plays are forced to license it if they want to keep the privilege of being the blessed product. I've seen this in a few segments, mostly electronics and software. The owner of the IP gets a more meagre but safer earnings from licensing.
  15. Horn Rock

Team NZ

The prick should be sued for libel. Knowingly publishing false statements. I hope ENTZ go after you, you weaselly little cock sucker and sue your arse into oblivion.
  16. Bull City

Galley equipment

I cleared all of the peppercorn debris out of the grinder, and the turned the adjustment knob to the right as far as it would go, and it was still very coarse.
  17. warbird

LONQR

That is not quite right...
  18. hasher

Job Growth Slowing

Predicted job growth for Georgia job 2019: 76,600 2020: 61,700 2021: 53,500 Atlanta Journal Constitution
  19. The cycling road race. They always seem to be taking "Nature breaks"
  20. valcour

Craigslist - Not mocking

One of my favs too. Plus it’s a longtime freshwater boat that with a short three month season on Erie. Zero bids. You can get it for far less than $20k. But expect a big project. It’s sat for many years (though the previous longtime owner kept it up pretty well)
  21. Olsonist

There are several Team Red members who tirelessly defend their boy Shitstain yet claim they don't support him. Any explanation?
  22. Poodle56

LONQR

23. DtM

I still call Australia home

But where will you go to? It looks more like you just sunk and the ocean came in. Stay attached LB
  24. Are there any other Olympic sports where you get to go to the head while competing?
  25. Southern Cross

#1 (first sentence) in the Gladwell document is incorrect ~ false ! Matters of building (the Kirby dinghy) relate to Copyright and Design law ~ seperate from Patent Law.
  1. Load more activity

Announcements