All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Tornado-Cat

Team NZ

Absolutely most respect to all of them to sail a new boat, mainly to the TNZ team who did not have any test boat and for whom everything is new. Also they are the ones most often seen on the water in light or stronger conditions. Obviously the boat is not ready yet and even the Team was saying that all was not going according to plans. I make a big difference between the real sailors who know what they are talking about and take risks vs the fans who defends "their" boats without understanding what is happening on the boat and don't even want to see the reality sometimes.
  3. Boink

Team NZ

Unfortunately, TC has become the fLORiDA FuckWit in his absence and taken over his role. There is a posting somewhere here (in AC, not specifically this one) where he has started asking multiple questions, which basically no on responds to, so instead he answers them himself....... Oh wait a minute. Douglas, is that you in that sock drawer?
  4. learningJ24

Immediate withdrawal from Syria

So would the slope change be no fly zones after Iraq 1 or Iraq 2?
  5. Steam Flyer

I think you misremember that decision; at the time our foreign policy position was NOT to advocate for removal of Assad but to remove chemical weapons capability. The Russians jumped in to broker THAT deal, putting them back in the center of the discussion in Syria. From that point, the Russians were there so we were left with the choice to work with them in a limited fashion or risk conflict with a more serious power. It was GW and Cheeto Christ that decided Putin was their friend, not O. Zackly But that's not the right way to do "root cause analysis" anyway. You look at the slope change, when did it turn negative? Not "the last known." But look who's posting, according to the rightie fuck head brigade like Saorsa & Dog & The Joker etc etc, everything bad is the Kenyan Muslim's fault. We should simply pretend he was never President... oh wait, then who would we blame... oh yeah HILLARY!! - DSK
  6. bodega87

anybody board the First 53 at the Annapolis Show?

Will be very popular in the Med. Looks gorg for sure.
  7. OMG, this has turned into "how long is a piece of string?"
  8. Steam Flyer

Two Rudy associates arrested

What a crock. They are not memories of what was said. There are a group of intel officials who write down the conversation live, as it takes place. Then those written records are compared to make sure NOTHING IS LEFT OUT and from those multiple records a combined official record is created. You just said the same thing Sol said. You just have to say "he's wrong" because he pointed out that your team is a bunch of lying-ass crooks, some of whom are thankfully behind bars where they belong. And of course, standard rightie fuckhead talking point #1, anybody who disagrees with rightie fuckhead is wrong! - DSK
  9. Dog

Time to impeach?

You obviously don't light the light to be on your elk. Read it, it's not me, it's Matt Taibbi, one of your own talking.
  10. Gissie

Trump throws Kurds under the bus

Is this another idea of how to deal with this problem? Seems to support leaving them to it.
  11. learningJ24

I think you misremember that decision; at the time our foreign policy position was NOT to advocate for removal of Assad but to remove chemical weapons capability. The Russians jumped in to broker THAT deal, putting them back in the center of the discussion in Syria. From that point, the Russians were there so we were left with the choice to work with them in a limited fashion or risk conflict with a more serious power. It was GW and Cheeto Christ that decided Putin was their friend, not O.
  12. You know, that makes sense. They've fucked our whole country over, and have definitely committed various kinds of malfeasance and mischief along the way. This would be one good way to put a stick in their spokes. Who's going to take the case on contingency, though? - DSK
  13. LionessRacing

Top Speed: What's Your Number?

Hence my sending him to you. It was bedtime here and I have no patience for quibbling.
  14. Gissie

So there is now an American Empire? Well fuck me sideways, I learn things everyday.
  15. Steam Flyer

Time to impeach?

FIFY What took you so long to wake up to this basic fact? - DSK
  16. MR.CLEAN

Pretty Bad Arrm

Oral CBD has done wonders for my bulging C5/C6 issue. The only thing besides months of P.T. that has ever made a difference, and this is after numerous personal tests: the way I remember whether I took it or not is if I lose the feeling in my thumb and forefinger by noon. It also helps with the inflamed bits around my fucked up meniscus. I eat 6 drops, 2x a day, of this stuff. Lab tested, every batch. 200$ for a bottle that lasts about 3 months, and worth every penny. No connection to the company. I have a great PT in new york who advises me and who I see when I get over that way. Don't buy gas station shit and then complain it ain't working.
  17. Gissie

Who are you talking to or is it just the ramblings of a tired old mind? Still no actual suggestion on how to deal with it. Apart from the standard ‘It is all Trump’s fault.’
  18. LionessRacing

Top Speed: What's Your Number?

Since at the time, my instruments were ancient (1974) Grey crackle B&G and not working reliably in 2002, the GARMIN handheld GPS was not susceptible to errors. I’ve also done > 12 kts running out on a 6 kt Ebb in the Piscataqua, didn’t figure that was worthy of mention, but the bridges do seem to come up very quickly.
  19. Steam Flyer

Time to impeach?

If he's committed high crimes and misdemeanors (which even you admit that he has) then the attempt to remove is correct and proper and Constitutional, not corrupt. The problem is that you see any realistic summation of Trump's actions, and dismissing all the lies, as "not allowing him a defense." Lying and obstructing is not a defense. Giving evidence of innocence is a defense. - DSK
  20. Rasputin22

LONQR

These guys are amateurs. No wonder they ended up in the Coast Guard. A ball peen hammer is much more accurate.
  21. Jules

Tax The Poor, Give To The Rich

Don't know if you saw that video of Stephen Miller in high school, but it's him on a bus, wearing what looks like a rich kid's tennis sweater, trolling on about torturing people. I suspect that's what he's doing now, getting off on whatever reaction he can get from the masses with little concern about who may be hurt.
  22. Steam Flyer

Do you tie your jib sheets together when shorthanded?

What would be an example of a dinghy class with jib sheets that long? 420s and FJs are a good example to start with. The 420 has a tiny jib and so it's sheets may only be a little less than twice LOA. I found that having continuous sheets saves money because you need less length of rope total. FB- Doug
  23. MR.CLEAN

It's the GOP way. "That's hard. Do something else."
  1. Load more activity

Announcements