All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Svanen

Wright Potter offshored?

His comment was ncomplete and nonsensical (so what?), but it wasn’t rude (incredibly or otherwise).
  3. P_Wop

Yaachting

Thanks for posting that. I'd completely forgotten the "Windward Passage" bit at the end. Classic.
  4. Shortforbob

G7 2019

Perhaps they'll agree to a joint taskforce for bushfires in the Amazon' Today The chosen One has pledged support to Brazil, so that should be fine until tomorrow. Of course, he only did this to piss off Macron. Perhaps we should let children vote..They'd do a better job. Trump offers Brazil help with Amazon fires By MATTHEW CHOI 08/23/2019 06:51 PM EDT President Donald Trump offered Friday to help Brazil contain forest fires raging in the Amazon rain forest, putting him at odds with a key ally going into the weekend's G7 meeting. "Just spoke with President @JairBolsonaro of Brazil. Our future Trade prospects are very exciting and our relationship is strong, perhaps stronger than ever before. I told him if the United States can help with the Amazon Rainforest fires, we stand by ready to assist!" Trump tweeted Friday evening. Bolsonaro retweeted Trump on Friday. The goodwill message comes after reports of French President Emmanuel Macron's plans to oppose a long-anticipated trade deal involving Brazil as a result of President Jair Bolsonaro's role in deforestation in his country. Bolsonaro — a right-wing populist who has repeatedly moved to undermine his country's environmental protections — has advocated reclaiming the Amazon to exploit its natural resources. He has blamed without evidence advocacy groups of starting the fires to soil his name. Macron said on Twitter that he wanted to discuss the fires during this weekend's G7 summit in France. Brazil is not a member of the exclusive group, and Bolsonaro said on Twitter that the idea of the G7 discussing his country's domestic affairs was "colonialist."
  5. Repastinate Tom

David Koch DTS

I wandered over to Free Republic to see how the TeamR faithful are reacting. About like I expected. Libertarians have a unique ability to unite the Duopoly. I hope that one's true because I expect Koch and Soros agree with me on censorship. So pretty much a mirror image of this place.
  6. Mid

6 Shot in Mass Shooting

rights kent , rights .......................... mind you , I guess the founding fathers forgot about a right to live in peace sans fear .
  7. Shootist Jeff

6 Shot in Mass Shooting

Well, you’d better get on it then. Times a wasting. And good luck with that BTW. See my post over in the Debate about Assault Weapons thread. And I’ve never been a big Bloody Mary fan. I had a stunning Brunello de Montalcino with dinner and am now sipping on a “Breakfast Martini”. It’s an Emirates special and is Orange Marmalade, Cointreau, Sipsmith dry gin, lime and orange juice. Yummy. The hot brunette Serbian hostess just brought me the recipe. Its 0522 local time here, so seems like breakfast.
  8. Mid

Brexit, WTF

how long till the cry to be let back in begins ?
  9. Fakenews

In just one week

Well then fuck the USA. We had a good run. But it’s happening. Bigly.
  10. d'ranger

In just one week

To really get warbird you need to have him explain why increasing CO2 is so good for all of us and the planet. And then get him started on economics.
  11. Mid

G7 2019

news reports indicate the idea of a Joint Communique has already been scuttled .................
  12. Dorado

Backing out in the surf.

I pretty damn sure the OP's vid shows a completely botched clusterfuck of a launching. Launch bow first and then back out on purpose ? No fuckin' way.
  13. Ishmael

In just one week

New around here?
  14. Bristol-Cruiser

G7 2019

The G6 should invite China to the next meeting and tell Trump he can go golfing. He would prefer that anyways and Xi has become the most important and influential person in the work in any case.
  15. Bristol-Cruiser

In just one week

So when will he start doing what works? Virtually nothing he has done so far has worked. This week is a perfect example. Surely you can't be this dumb can you?
  16. Ishmael

Yaachting

17. Ishmael

Yaachting

18. Nancy wasn't Speaker until 2007. The minority has exactly dick to say in the House. Wasn't this covered on your citizenship exam?
  19. hoppy

Brexit, WTF

England's economy, post hard Brexit
  20. Olsonist

6 Shot in Mass Shooting

Jeff, we've been over this before. I'm in favor of repealing the 2A. I think guns should be regulated as a privilege on the order of cars and driving. That other stuff is your third bloody mary talking.
  21. CriticalPath

Any thoughts on 1987 Aloha 30?

Hiya crank, Aloha’s 28/ 8.5 was in production for about 15 years so went through some pretty significant equipment changes over that time even though the basic design remained unchanged. The newer 8.5s look and are equipped much differently than the original 28s. We moved outta TO for (hopefully!) the last time earlier this year, settling in to a slower pace and less responsibility in Quinte. Trent Port is a great facility - their pods are the best bathroom facilities on the lake in quantity, quality, and service. Beauty facility, and has become an important stopover for US$ spending powerboat loopers as they travel through Canada. Cheers!
  22. KevinRissell

Laser Foiling on home built hydrofoils.

Getting all the weight over the main foils is definitely the way to go. I got my longest ride yesterday despite the moderate wind conditions. Im finding that ride height adjustment is also something that needs tweaking, as healing to windward while foiling can cause the leeward edge of the main foil to break the surface and ventilate that section of the foil. Still, overall I’m seeing performance improvements with more experience, which is to be expected. I far outpaced my friends on his Laser who was following me for comparison purposes. Off the foils, reaches, broad reaches, and runs were roughly comparable (it is mountain lake sailing... I’ve seen a boat 20 ft from me get a 100 yard lead while I just sat...). On beats and close reaches there was no comparison. I couldn’t come close to keeping up. I attribute this to the lack of vertical daggerboard surface area. It was was a mistake making the vertical part of the foils resemble those of a Moth, as the Moth is made to be on the foils all the time, and a Laser obviously can’t be. The cord of the verticals should be significantly larger.
  23. Shootist Jeff

6 Shot in Mass Shooting

So @Olsonist, you agree that it makes sense to take guns away from 150 million law abiding citizens just to prevent a handful of mass shooting deaths??? Just making sure I have my facts straight.
  24. You seem to recall? Well you might want to revisit that one. You have a typical memory of Republican events.
  25. Varan

New imoca boats

Looks slow.
  1. Load more activity

Announcements