All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Doug Lord

Sodebo Ultim 3

Sodebo will have a lifting foil on the daggerboard: 1-provides a gain of 15-20% in righting moment with downforce, 2- From Yacht Racing Forum:  • Renaud Bañuls, Bañulsdesign, designing a new foiling Sodebo for Thomas Coville, and a number of foiling craft for weekend sailors: “After achieving foiling, the next big step is creating dynamic righting moment.”
  3. badlatitude

DECLASS IS HERE!

Anyone sourcing the Gateway Pundit is grabbing at straws to prove a point. There isn't a worse source of truthful information anywhere.
  4. Lark

DECLASS IS HERE!

Major League Baseball has managed to squeeze 162 competitions into a few months since the days of newspapers and steam trains, surely modern technology would let us pare 20 Democrats and one oligarch down to the final pit fight in similar time. i like your no outside money rule. I’d argue you have to either claim the district as a legal residence or pay property taxes. With technology large grain farmers out west may mostly live in town with a couple restaurants, high speed Internet and a cinema though the primary farm is a couple hours away. Unfortunately protecting the interests of farm or business owners would come at the price of pampering to the DeVos Elk with their monopoly board full of homes. I have mixed emotions on term limits. Trump shows the danger of leaders that have no clue how the system works or what is even legal. What’s her name, the former bartender the Republicans hate, has shown similar missteps on a smaller scale (though she seems more capable of learning). We do need to eliminate the revolving door as you say, both for military retirees and political handlers as well as ex politicians themselves. There is a conflict of interest when they know their next gig will be as a lobbyist or industry ‘consultant’.
  5. mad

Charles Darwin Gun Owners

Never ceases to amaze me how idiots manage to shoot themselves. There’s something to be said for bigger calibres and ridding the gene properly.
  6. d'ranger

Nancy outsmarts Trump again.

Back on track: Pelosi plays Trump like a fiddle. His attempts to insult her backfire like an old jalopy with a cracked distributor. But speaking of Trump has anyone else noticed the number of words Trump can not pronounce? Verbal gaffes used to be a big deal, now when Trump posts a doctored video insult Pelosi he can't seem to make through anything without slaughtering language. In conclusion the border is the new dogballs
  7. Tornado-Cat

Foil arm testing successful

Good, we partly agree, ballast is in the foil, it's the only logical place, tension however is all along the inside of the arm as shown in the photo I captured from the video. So we can assume that most of the length of the arm has been modified. Even if it's part of it, it does not change the logic. We also know that each kg added between the beginning of the arm and the tip will give less rm than the same kg located at the place of the ballast at the tip. So the only two possibilities to keep the same weight and RM are: - if the ballast had not been place at the end, it could have been possible to move it outward and diminish the weight, we can rule it out - if they had been able to construct differently and stronger with exactly the same parameters but they were willing a much stronger arm so we can rule it out. So we stay with options 1, 2 and 3, my guess is 3 which means the same rm and a slightler heavier arm.
  8. badlatitude

Charles Darwin Gun Owners

His lawyer definitely has a task to do, I suspect he will be subject to plea deals that he has little control over, and we will most likely never know the outcome. One thing I know for sure, do not accept a joint if it is handed to you while in jail.
  9. Raz'r

The Wall

Why won’t you let ICE do their job?
  10. Raz'r

DECLASS IS HERE!

You can usually figure out a political troll (lie) pretty quickly by either the source, or the awful OUTRAGE formatting. See ^^^^
  11. mad

Macif Daggerboard Lifting Foil

Awesome, different fonts, colours and bolded text. When did the Fire arrow become Wolf? toy poodle would be more appropriate.
  12. phillysailor

You need more laws to effect border security?
  13. mad

Drip Drip Drip

Got it. Just choose the answers that fit your narrative.
  14. LeoV

Is this the Figaro III?

mmhh, maybe the crux is the next setup for a hoist ? Nice vid BTW, thnks fro sharing.
  15. Veeger

Jeanne Socrates - nonstop solo RTW 2018

She's probably feeling like a bit happier camper now that she's in the lee of some land. Good opportunity to rest, rejuvenate and take stock.
  16. Veeger

Gulf Island 29

Ah, .... missed that detail...
  17. Dog

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

Quoted for its inane Olsonistness
  18. mad

Drip Drip Drip

I admire your optimism
  19. hermetic

Ocasio

yorktown is the wrong side of the tracks?
  20. Doug Lord

Macif Daggerboard Lifting Foil

-VPLP on the daggerboard main foil: " On these big boats, when you ease a sail, it is a pain because it takes so long to grind it back in. But here you press a button and the angles of incidence change. And with the foil on the daggerboard you can use it to alter the flight according to the wind*. If it builds, rather than easing the sheet you increase the righting moment by increasing the angle and conversely, as it eases you can reduce it and let it fly more." * done 100% automatically on Fire Arrow/Wolf(+30-40% increased RM with downforce) NOTE: the daggerboard lifting foil with downforce can provide 15 -20% additional righting moment* on the Ultim tri's-thats why they all will use this type of foil. *from Vincent Prevost of VPLP ---------------------------------- GG, as for Sodebo: From Yacht Racing Forum: • Renaud Bañuls, Bañulsdesign, designing a new foiling Sodebo for Thomas Coville, and a number of foiling craft for weekend sailors: “After achieving foiling, the next big step is creating dynamic righting moment.”
  21. Doug Halsey

Craigslist Finds

I'm pretty sure it's a Cates Moth, which was the dominant design from 1954 (when its designer Warren Bailey won the Nationals) through 1963 (when Bill Schill was the champion). The large photo above makes it appear too narrow, but I believe that's just an illusion. The name "Cates" referred to Harry Cates, who wasn't the designer, but built a lot of them. Charley Hunt, from the Sebring area (Lake Wales) also built some, apparently in both wood & fiberglass. Here's a magazine cover of Bill Schill
  22. Snaggletooth

Moovie Review Threade

Thack you, lookes goode.
  23. Dog

Nothing wrt border secirity?
  24. Olsonist

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

Quoted for its essential Dogginess.
  25. hoppy

Brexit, WTF

Since the referendum results came out, I'm sure no one has been underestimating the stupidity of British voters.
  26. mad

Drip Drip Drip

I wonder what her career prospects are after this current position?
  1. Load more activity

Announcements