All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. blunderfull

Wilder v Fury 2

Wilder’s $40k entrance outfit.
  3. Windward

A big project!

How the heck these craftsmen get joints to line up perfectly is a complete mystery. Fiberglass or metal are so much more forgiving. Just slather on some more. (at least the way I always seem to do it) 90% sculpture is woodworking that involves any joints. Witchcraft! In other news, that bolt making machine is awesome.
  4. Priscilla

Larry's AC50 Circus

You have turned a blind eye to the irrefutable fact that the $250m of public loot that has in reality resulted in a few extra metres of wharf space and the odd building platform represents small kumaras compared to the tsunami of wealth that will pour forth from the winning of the Poisoned Chalice and trickle down to all the whares throughout the land of the long white cloud. This Clarkey you speak of will in a short breath of time turn the brochure of dreams into reality on the back of winning.
  5. billy backstay

"National Cleavage Day"

Shawn Dillon
  6. Windward

inexperienced couple buy a p.o.s. catamaran

Bondo for the inside of the roof only FKT. I thought someone with your experience would know this! Have you not been paying attention?
  7. Mismoyled Jiblet.

Weird Bernie crossovers

The Tea Party wasn’t quashed. It was coopted for money by Republican swamp creatures. https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/08/tea-party-pacs-ideas-death-214164 and that’s the problem with “money in politics” nobody seems to care where it goes, so you end up with overnight multimillionaires https://highline.huffingtonpost.com/articles/en/nick-ayers-mike-pence/ thats to me the underlying tragedy of the Manafort/Gates/Flynn/Giuliani/Cohen revelations - that the people spending the millions don’t care its being used as bribes.
  8. B.J. Porter

Bernie for Candidate?

You have made that clear many times. Party before country. It's really quite the opposite. It's all about your boy Trump. A vote for Trump is a vote for the end of democracy as we know it and a great many other things. Do you know he was joking again about being president in 2028? If the GOP nominated Bill Weld and the Democrats put up Bloomberg, I'd give Weld a long, hard and serious look.
  9. Autonomous

What's in your arsenal??

I found some very nice grips for my new to me 1911. This is the most intense Cocobolo I've seen in a long time, it was harvested 40 years ago. Very dramatic and, as usual, looks better in person. Images provided by the grip maker, not my gun, just the grips.
  10. Jules

2020 Primaries - Let The Games Begin

Maybe they can start by not publicly stating the phone call in numbers.
  11. Ed Lada

My grandchild

Hmmm. 69, 42, 53. It's all so confusing. I think I stick with what I know best, 69. It's always worked for me in the past.
  12. JohnMB

inexperienced couple buy a p.o.s. catamaran

Interesting one. While, if they used it properly the compass would be the more robust solution, I suspect on balance they are better relying on their phones. Unless they are disciplined about plotting their current position, knowing which way north points will not help them much.
  13. cmilliken

Weird Bernie crossovers

Spot on.
  14. Mismoyled Jiblet.

Bloomberg's complicated taxes

Thats what Tomballs does by his own admission.
  15. Ed Lada

My grandchild

I majored in theater but I was a tech person, never cared much about acting.
  16. basketcase

My grandchild

usually it is. 42 is life, the universe and everything. i guess if you were ' contemplating heavy questions about existence and shit." that may be 53
  17. MikeR80

Cheap Electric Car Anarchy

how is the air conditioning on the bolt? need a robust system down here. my 2012 buick enclave has a great AC, including in the rear. my 2014 grand cherokee diesel, not so much.
  18. Hawaiidart

In Production: Spirit 111

Get a good night's rest and an MRI all at once!
  19. Jules

Weird Bernie crossovers

Did you miss the part where Sanders supporters in 2016 switched to Trump after establishment Hillary was handed the Dem crown? I fully expect a lot of those voters to switch back to Sanders. Yeah, there's a lot of people who are tired of establishment politics, an ever widening wealth gap, windfall tax breaks for the rich, and on it goes. The Tea Party movement was quashed. The Occupy movement was quashed. But the movement for equality never died. People are still pissed and the Sanders revolution is just another attempt at bringing back some semblance of a middle class.
  20. B.J. Porter

Bernie for Candidate?

Chaunce wouldn't be worse than what we have now.
  21. FoolOnTheHill

Random PicThread

Fair enough. I meant before computer generated imagery. "Flying" a camera over a scale model was a common technique.
  22. B.J. Porter

Bernie for Candidate?

That, and the meddling in our voting that was confirmed to happen, but we could not find the details about. This is what we knew about, when they got caught. It was a very close race. https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/14/18623392/russians-ron-desantis-vote-database-hack-gru-ron-wyden-paper-ballots
  23. To spin that to a 'nazi' reference is a bit of a stretch but Matthews has always been pretty hyperbolic so he leads into such stuff. FWIW, I think: a) he's probably right - I think it is over. When Bernie was getting 35% of the vote, there was 65% in play. Now that he's closer to 50%, the only thing that can derail him is if all of the moderate Dems threw their whole support behind one candidate. Don't see it. Bernie MIGHT get screwed at the convention but I'm thinking now that Super Tuesday is going to feel the burn. b) Fuck quitting. If your a political pundit in the Trump era, make em carry you out. c) I think the Republicans are HUGELY overestimating the value of their 'opposition research'.
  24. Ed Lada

My grandchild

I always thought the answer was 69.
  25. hasher

Russia Helping Bernie?

Laughing is good. Sometimes, a good cry suffices.
  26. Hard On The Wind

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

FEDs got to do their part to insure Trump is reelected.
  1. Load more activity

Announcements