2. Salty Seacock

Team NZ

Current and forecast for today.
  3. Rasputin22

Random PicThread

Hobot, That's more like it for Top of the Page
  4. shaggy

what is it?

OK, this has to be the longest it has taken to figure out what it is since the beginning. You guys are loosing it... Teaky just took something back for his desk...
  5. Dog

Drip Drip Drip

“(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today it filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit against the Department of Justice seeking all records of communications, including FBI 302 interview reports and offer agreements between former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s office and Felix Sater, a former Trump organization official who was recently confirmed to be an informant for the FBI and CIA. Sater reportedly pushed a Russian real estate deal in 2016 while working at the Trump organization. Sater reportedly “began working with the Federal Bureau of Investigation in 1998, after he was caught in a stock-fraud scheme.” It was Andrew Weissmann who, as supervising assistant U.S. attorney, signed the agreement that brought Sater on as a government informant.” https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-releases/judicial-watch-sues-doj-for-docs-on-fbi-cia-informant-in-trump-organization/
  6. bgytr

Phrf rating for a non standard boat

Phrf committees are generally morons, or worried about their own or buddies finishes that they will screw you when possible unless you are in the clique. So many examples through the years it makes me never want to race again.
  7. Alan H

Piper OD .. dayboat

Once I get the "new" upper shrouds sorted, and maybe replace the destroyed toe rails...put in the floorboards, she's sail-able. Not gorgeous yet, and some of the partial bulkheads need epoxy-injection or replacement, but sail-able on a light day, probably for the first time in 30 years. We're getting there. It's slow, but there's no rush. BTW, I was given a spinnaker pole. I wonder if the totally porous, but free Flying 15 spinny I have is anywhere even vaguely close to the right size.
  8. Rasputin22

International Talk Like A Pirate Day

How to rap like a Pirate seems more appropriate for Sailing Anarchy:
  9. Forourselves

Team NZ

Looks like Te Aihe is out of the shed bright and early today too! The boys are on a role! https://www.takeabreak.co.nz/webcams/16/auckland_viaduct_harbour_webcam
  10. Thanks for making my point.
  11. xyzzy

Marlow Excel Fusion

Odd Fisheries wouldn't know about Excel Fusion as they have some in stock. Warpspeed is a harder and stiffer line, not really the same. If you want light, soft, and flexible, a blended single braid line like Salsa or DPX would give you that. They aren't as durable as a double braid in my experience.
  12. Sorry sunshine. I worked in a high tech field, made damn good money and had plenty of offers that would involve moving go California. I turned every one of them down. BTW, Maryland isn't a low rent district. There wasn't enough on offer to make having a waterfront home on the Magothy just off Chesapeake Bay, where I could be on my boat and out to the racecourse in 5 minutes, less desirable. I spent enough time out there on business trips to know that I didn't want to live anywhere in the Palo Alto, Sunnyvale or San Jose area.
  13. Alan H

DC's boat ont he front page

Sparkman & Stevens YouTube vid... That's a big spinnaker. Seriously, if you can't appreciate a lovely boat like that, and just get wrapped up in drama, then....I don't know what to say. If you
  14. bmiller

Piper OD .. dayboat

Cause for celebration! If it wasn't so far I'd bring a bottle of some sort of spirit. For drinking, not smashing.
  15. DHFiend

Team NYYC

Funny in this day and age to see them using 1980 methods to hang a rig and look at shape and systems like we had done for years in Tornados and DNs....
  16. Forourselves

Team NZ

Pretty good video
  17. Helping a friend get his First 42 optimized. Can't find a tuning guide anywhere despite there being at least a couple hundred of these things. Love this design. I think I've found just about every bit of info the web has on these things, including the few threads on SA. Anyone have personal experience setting them up for success? Easy/not so easy mods you've made? Things to look out for? Polars? Sail plans that make short handing easier? Cheers, Murph
  18. WGWarburton

Brexit, WTF

When you say "nation", do you mean "Scotland"? If not, why not? Thanks, W. PS For the record, I did not support Scottish Independence at the last Indyref; IMHO, Scotland, like the UK, is too small a nation for it to be wise to go it alone- better for us to be part of the UK and the EU.
  19. That's funny, I have the exact same view.
  20. MauiPunter

Show your boat sailing thread

What color are the rum ones?
  21. Alan H

Spreader ends

Delrin is cool for a spreader tips, then...ya think? 'cause it's cheap-ish.
  22. Stingray~

Team NYYC

Thanks. Yes, that second photo section of the main is a good one and the aerial is too, reminds me of a frame or two from in a video by LR, of their cat taken from above and also showing their twin-skin test rig. It’s a bit of a bitch us not being able to see both sides of these mains at the same time. I guess that must be true for the trimmers too! Hopefully various people will do drone flyby’s - opposing teams aren’t allowed to but anyone else surely can
  23. No doubt Trump and the Trumplican party has crossed so many lines we may never recover. He has shown the power brokers how far one can go and still have the support of so many. No matter who gets into power after the next election, the power brokers working behind the scene will expect compliance. The question is, will this destruction of democracy continue? Until we get money completely out of politics, I fear the answer is "Yes."
  24. Cruisin Loser

Show your boat sailing thread

Yellow is for diesel, red for gasoline, blue is for kerosene.
  1. Load more activity

Announcements