All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Veeger

Jeanne Socrates - nonstop solo RTW 2018

Stern drogue is considered by some to be kinder to the rudder than a sea anchor or parachute off the bow. Having the boat thrown back in a sea and jamming the rudder hard over is more likely to break something important.
  3. jzk

Sri Lanka next on the Hit list

Did Sheriff Joe intend to murder 200 people?
  4. I agree to a point that the “media” hype from the left was a bit overblown. I also think the Republicans defense of Trump was overdone. None of this comes as a surprise, considering the source. I wonder if his attitude would have been tempered a bit had he waited to see the actual report instead of relying on Barr’s partisan talking points.
  5. Shortforbob

Well let's just say you project that persona...I'm quite sure you're just as good as your Muslim brother under the skin.
  6. phillysailor

Honestly, I thought she was referring to all Americans. We are all responsible for our nation’s treatment of the defenseless and those in our nation’s charge.
  7. Veeger

Show your boat not sailing

Self-recovery mechanism from inadvertent capsize...
  8. phillysailor

In your scenario, it would depend whether he was an independent actor doing the killing, or was he acting under official duties as a Sheriff? Both result in the death of 200, But was it state-sponsored racially motivated killing? That would be way worse than a random right winger committing mass murder.
  9. The Joker

Bullshit You can not point to a single post of mine that condones what you claim. None What a hater
  10. In the interests of balance, I would say that there are a greater amount of apologists for the laser thus by proxy for LPE, who they would have continue to operate with impunity simply to preserve the hegemony of being able to pull a well rotten £500 boat, built a generation ago by an ostensibly different and by law of averages more responsible vendor, out of a hedge and take it sailing.
  11. Nice, setup, simple mission, pretty boats, and obviously motivated people. Good way to promote sailing!
  12. CruiserJim

where is webb chiles?

Good way to put it. Me too.
  13. Wow, that thing must have been sitting there for ages... And yeah, it's broken.
  14. Amati

Xi and the new consumer in China

Some things to chew over, especially the Fairbanks book- https://china-journal.org/2016/05/16/mao-zedong-legalism-confucianism-similarities-differences/ https://www.amazon.com/United-States-China-Enlarged-American/product-reviews/067492438X/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews
  15. it's a very sophisticated system that will make even the most non technical person get at least a half chub looking at. Such a whore if it's fucked up though.
  16. phillysailor

Or just stashed in pens under a bridge
  17. mustang__1

3DI (Raw) and roller furler storage longevity

the leach is shorter than the luff, shorter than the roach, etc. When it gets rolled it up on a furler must conform to the shape of the underlying rolled object - the rest of the sail. If i still had my old LG flip phone i could show you my old 3di jib with a hollow so deep you could hear it echo when we tacked. Either roll it (but not around a solid object!) or flake it.
  18. Shortforbob

Women and kiddies on the border are pretty soft targets too..Given half the chance you and your elk would have em in wire cages and stinking overcrowded compounds.
  19. Battlecheese

Glenn Greenwald tears through the Russia hoax

If you hang around for Glenn's second spiel at around 12 minutes, he makes his position clear. The bee in his bonnet is about crap reporting, that all this talk about pee pee tapes was slavishly followed without seriously looking for evidence. Edit: Fury about the smoke screen when there are so many other things which should have been investigated.
  20. jack_sparrow

VOR AUCTION - OPPORTUNITIES LOST & STILL THERE?

Maybe their efforts better spent in first ensuring the "sustainability" of the race itself?
  21. Thanks Curious. I believe races Q5 and Q6 were sailed on Day 3 - and, if I have counted correctly, there were a total of 19 DNS and DNF scores in those two races - with some sailors having one, and others having two such scores. So I can see where Mr Brummer might have got the "19" from, but he did get the story a bit mixed up.
  22. jzk

Xi and the new consumer in China

If I talk about Mao, I get the feeling that they don't think he was good, but don't quite grasp the real impact he had. Additionally, it is hard to find a Chinese person that knows what Tank man is. One factory owner told me that if I googled Mao, I would find american websites smearing him for having lots of girlfriends. And it wasn't like he was wrong. They do have a big picture of him at the forbidden city. And they sure don't mind putting him on their money. I used to go to Germany quite a bit, and I never really saw much of Hitler there.
  23. roldymc

J/99 anyone have info beyond the teaser?

Finally in light condition : Overall IRC B : J99 4th (behind 1: 40.7/ 2 : JPK 10.80/ 3 : j112) Overall IRC double : J99 3rd (behind J1 : PK10.80 / 2: new Sunfast 3300)
  24. Tharsheblows

Amalfi Coast - Bareboat

pic.pdf
  1. Load more activity

Announcements