All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Leeroy Jenkins

Rope style ladders - do they work?

Or at the end of an empty barge.
  3. Charlie Foxtrot

Random PicThread

Missing wings, horizontals and the engine? Either way, it'd be quite a show. Worked with a guy who served on a carrier. On the way to Hawaii, they tested the catapults by throwing junk cars into the next week. The crew loved it.
  4. get a fokin grip .................
  5. bigrpowr

Larry's AC50 Circus

maybe if you omitted some of your condescending bias and ask the question, you could get a quality response. as for your last question, perhaps if the sailors had ample time to learn these systems they wouldn't be crashing down? i just can't fathom why anyone interested in sailing wants to see this fail, as i hope you dont.
  6. Shrugging off Trump, FBI tackles right-wing extremists https://www.yahoo.com/news/shrugging-off-trump-fbi-tackles-wing-extremists-012051533.html
  7. Mismoyled Jiblet.

Tulsi Gabbard

What does that have to do with crocodile tears from a rightwing politics site? This is the same stupid anti-Bernie conspiracy narrative from 2016 rehashed with a new victim. Same stupid sites pushing it like the hacks at RCP. Tulsi's consistently polled shit https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-primary-d/
  8. garuda3

G7 2019

Love the picture , Little role reversal ,Macron’s taking Trumps usual pose, thumps up and smiling, with trump prouting
  9. Sea warrior

Brexit, WTF

?
  10. Cal20sailor

College Football 2019

Wanna make it interesting? All time series record 4-1.
  11. Charlie Foxtrot

Random PicThread

I'm going to guess the plane is about to be jettisoned over the bow, as it's hooked up to the launching bridle. The holes are punched into the skin so it sinks quickly.
  12. Leeroy Jenkins

Random PicThread

Either that or the plane was just recovered on deck?
  13. Olsonist

Tulsi Gabbard

Well, I don't think Gabbard is a right wing shill but the right wing has been shilling her, Operation Chaos style. https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-conservative-media-and-the-far-right-love-tulsi-gabbard-for-president https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/trolls-target-online-polls-following-first-democratic-presidential-debate-n1023406
  14. Sol Rosenberg

College Football 2019

Damn. Miami played them a hell of a lot tougher than Michigan did. That’s a Canes team that is going places, and going there with jewelry.
  15. sailak

Light air sails

The asym with the snuffer (custom made by Bacon Sails) is currently tied with my Webasto forced air heater for the best $2k I have ever spent on the boat.
  16. Charlie Foxtrot

Random PicThread

I'm going to guess the plane is about to be jettisoned over the bow, as it's hooked up to the launching bridle. The holes are punched into the skin so it sinks quickly.
  17. Shortforbob

G7 2019

Well that didn't take long. Trump was hoping for an opportunity to have a politely chained audience to blow hard about...himself. Senior aides in Donald Trump’s entourage have accused the G7 host and French president, Emmanuel Macron, of seeking to embarrass his US counterpart by making the summit focus on “niche issues” such as climate change, according to multiple US media reports. Macron’s plan to heal divisions among G7 leaders in Biarritz this weekend apparently did not factor in the need to keep Trump’s aides happy too, a group that began briefing against him within hours of Trump’s arrival. The spark for the fuse appeared to be lunch. Macron whisked the US president away for an impromptu meal for two on an oceanfront terrace at the Hotel du Palais. Trump initially appeared frosty but later called it “the best meeting we have yet had”. ****(Tweet Inserted by me) ((Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 4h4 hours ago More France and President @EmmanuelMacron have done a really great job thus far with a very important G-7. Lunch with Emmanuel was the best meeting we have yet had. Likewise, evening meeting with World Leaders went very well. Progress being made!) 3,649 replies6,523 retweets27,702 likes Senior administration officials quoted by the New York Times among others were not so sure, complaining the summit had moved from core issues such as global economics and trade to “niche issues” such as climate change, gender equality and development in Africa. The topics were chosen to appeal to Macron supporters, and even to embarrass Trump, who pulled the US out of the Paris climate accord, they said, as protesters marched the streets of the French city calling for action to tackle the fires ravaging the Amazon rainforest. “It’s our view that with France trying to drive these other issues outside of global economics, national security and trade, they’re trying to fracture the G7,” one official told White House reporter Gabby Orr. Days earlier, Larry Kudlow, the director of the White House’s national economic council, criticised Macron’s decision to ditch the usual consensus communique at the end of the summit in favour of “coalitions’ of like-minded states. “These coalitions produce politically correct bromides such as calls to ban everything from straws to fossil fuels,” he said in a Wall Street Journal opinion piece. Some US officials went further in their diaries, saying French officials had been difficult to work with in the build-up to the summit, and that the original schedule had said little or nothing about trade and the global economy until the US complained, a claim French officials deny. America’s differing stance on the climate crisis has been a feature of the past two G7 summits, and just one issue on which divisions were so deep that the meeting was increasingly referred to as the G6 in Quebec last year, when Trump left early.
  18. garuda3

Recession?

buckle up should be another wild week for the market up 2000 or down 3000 after being shunted at G7 he'll come home with all tweets firing, trying to blame everyone . -Tries to fire Powell -fires Kudlow -closes all the ports on the west coast to chinese ships -blames it all on Hilary or O bama - congress inacts the 25th Amend. -beefs up navy in the south china sea if I miss anything or want to add ,
  19. Ha ha ha! That’s awesome.
  20. Leeroy Jenkins

LONQR

People associate the new meatless burgers with plants and assume they're a healthier option. If your goal is weight loss or you have hypertension, think again. You could add bacon to the same size lean beef burger and still consume less sodium. They're classed as ultra-processed foods....like hot dogs, chicken nuggets, sweetened breakfast cereals and ice cream.
  21. same. even though there are other sources, i prefer it in this format and a few others, i just sift thru the in-fighting and pick the good stuff. for video, youtube is by far the best source.
  22. Indio

Larry's AC50 Circus

I wonder whether we're seeing the maximum performance they can wring out of these Petulant50's with the limit now being the speed of the human response time such as in turning the wheel fast enough, trimming the wing etc. at 45+knts. The control system can be redesigned to provide near-instant response from the rudder and foil actuators, but comparatively (to the actuators) slow human reaction could be the limiting factor. Have they gone as fast as they can now safely with humans manipulating the rudders, foils and wing? They now have endless dc power to drive the fluid power requirements, but they still keep crashing down onto the hulls far more frequently than not. Is the next evolution the integration of a fully automated inter-dependent/responsive control system linking the foil, rudder and wing controls with sensors/anemometers providing necessary data, to eliminate human input other than activating a button for the required manoeuvre? Might as well go the full hog and race them by remote control....
  23. Grande Mastere Dreade

College Football 2019

24. Dorado

LONQR

Well yes, if they can. I always wondered why they always sniffing each other's butts.
  25. Grande Mastere Dreade

College Football 2019

26. RATM

J111 Worlds Chicago, IL

Oh that's rich. Back winded sails are back winded sails.
  1. Load more activity

Announcements