All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. woahboy

Gulf Island 29

And it’s all been downhill since... (Couldn’t find the purple font).
  3. Max Rockatansky

Galley equipment

Thanks B.J. eric1207, is the tool, to far right in your picture, the egg chopper? If not, what is that?
  4. JMOD

what is it?

a carbon Lark!
  5. Fakenews

Trail Cameras Again

Bobcat. Absent the tail you can tell by the long back legs and high butt.
  6. Mrleft8

Trail Cameras Again

In the cooler in the truck.
  7. vibroman

F1 2019 and E too

Vettel seems very out of sorts this year. Can't stand the pace of the kid? Mysterious engine issues and bad decisions seem to be affecting the kid but Vettel still screwing the pooch. Were the 4 WDC's really all about Newey's car? Conspiracy theorists might start making more forceful arguments. How shaky is the ground Binotto's on now? Looks like the front wing aero concept that Alpha and Ferrari were heralding at the start of the year is not panning out. How long before a re-think and redesign or do they right it off as CJ suggests above? Hamilton's interview with Will Buxton on F1 TV shows how emotional he is over the loss of Nikki Lauda.
  8. Steam Flyer

DECLASS IS HERE!

You mean, like this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Georgia_gubernatorial_election -DSK
  9. Terry Hollis

Foil arm testing successful

In reality both surfaces will experience tension and compression depending on if they are on the windward or leeward side.
  10. Fakenews

Trump in Japan

Apparently his grades are literally buried on campus somewhere and the guy who did it is still alive. Would be nice if he did the right thing.
  11. PaulK

Coolboats to admire

How else do they see where they're going?
  12. Jules

? Making a Shelf for an AC Unit ?

I ended up cutting out a section from the existing shelf to give me the necessary room. Then I ground down to the original class anywhere the new bracing will be added. What a mess! The new braces are now glassed in with tabbing. All I have to do is install the new shelf. But this is still going to be 10# of shit in a 5# bag. I'll have to MacGyver it as I go.
  13. Bus Driver

Trump in Japan

He keeps attaching the label "low IQ" to his adversaries. Any 1st year Psychology major can explain that fixation. No wonder he threatened against the release of his grades.
  14. Bus Driver

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

That is commendable. Then again, they are your own children, right? So, how many fucks do you give about the welfare of other children, once the mother delivers them? Based on their history of cutting programs for needy families, I'd say the attitude of the GOP toward post-birth children is "fuck 'em".
  15. mad

Joke

Should have done the opposite as a return favour, That’ll really bring out the howls!
  16. Today
  17. That's hilarious! Just imagine... Doug sailing a real boat! I'm dying laughing. Can you imagine Doug's beard blowing in the wind Hydroptere style..! SA crowdfunding opportunity?? Get Doug a real boat?
  18. mad

Brexit, WTF

Agree with all of that, maybe Leo hasn’t quite realised the levels of gallows humour that the country is in and the absolute derision of almost all MP’s. People are thoroughly sick of all them, just look at Dominic Raab this morning being interviewed. Doing an about face in less than an hour of being interviewed! These fuckers couldn’t lie straight in bed.
  19. Groucho Marx

Frog

Groucho in Cox's Bay mist.
  20. Shortforbob

Trumpworld continues to attack former friends

as long as Trump's in it, who cares?
  21. terrafirma

Hydroptere abandoned - Available for $20,000

That's hilarious! Just imagine... Doug sailing a real boat! I'm dying laughing. Can you imagine Doug's beard blowing in the wind Hydroptere style..!
  22. JeronimoII

How about a The Ocean Race thread?

good to have new thread about the TOR. The VOR auction one served its purpose. I am also very sceptical about the future of the race. It has morphed from the prime crewed round the world race in technological advanced yachts, to being a corporate event for Volvo activation and now an add-on on the (crowded) IMOCA circuit. But a very expensive IMOCA race (just the stopovers make for a huge chunk of expenses) plus the changes required on the boat. Some teams mention 25 Mn EUR as budget, which is not reached by any of the current IMOCA teams. Maybe the sheer number of IMOCA boats manage to do the trick, but the old VO65 team budget of 12-15 Mn EUR proved to be very steep to sponsors forcing Volvo to finance many of the team. So a budget increase of 50-70% is surely not going to help bringing teams on board now than Volvo is gone. The small team left in Alicante must be scratching their heads. I would reduce the race to 4-5 legs max. That would help. Also clarifying its value proposition. What is the TOR and what stands it for?? (apptly they are going the sustainability path and message... but this needs to be clarified and communicated).
  23. hoom

Foil arm testing successful

I don't see how that would be. Edit: I'll also add the standard colour scaling for FEA is red = tension, blue = compression.
  24. Mother-of-all-invention

Hydroptere abandoned - Available for $20,000

So the owners evidently were full of shit claiming they were going to refit her. I see her often and from what ive seen and heard she has been stripped of all winches, clutches, electronics including they ripped the wiring out of the entire boat. The mainsail is still there with a bag around it...sort of. But what a SA club boat she would be...
  25. That last picture look as if it might have ended expensively!
  26. Navig8tor

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

This thread has gone beyond drift to a total hi jack of the Abortion issue I suggest it gets its own dedicated thread and we can go back to sharing absurd, ironic and funny images that allow us to laugh at life BTW A man has no business telling any woman what she should do with her body, doing so ain’t gonna end well. Have you never heard or experienced the adage “ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned” Those that haven’t? They’ll be along shortly......it’s gonna hurt
  1. Load more activity

Announcements