All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Amati

Impeachment?

https://www.thenation.com/article/donald-trump-is-a-criminal-tax-cheat/ Trump’s conduct is a wonderful thing! Oops! I meant unflattering! (That’s what Senator Lee called it this morning on Morning Joe. I know you’ll agree! ) DKJ’s book is worth a read.
  3. Importunate Tom

Ru$$ian $pending

Hah! Dozens? Meli remarked that Trump himself had dozens of Tweets just the other night. But those dozens were surely why your girl couldn't beat him.
  4. Tornado-Cat

Larry's AC50 Circus

I thought most posters here were sailors and sailing enthousiasts, turns out that lots are insecure thin skinned fans.
  5. mad

Brexit, WTF

At least with the Times and the Telegraph we know what to expect, much the same as you with the Guardian. Linking obscure sites just appears to be cherry picking, do you check the journalists and editorial views of the last 2?
  6. No Bargers

Random PicThread

Skaneateles Lake 1961
  7. Left Shift

No more "She" or "Her"????

Why not use "crew"??? It's what everyone is. No gender issues, no PC issues, and saves that vital syllable?
  8. Jack has successfully completed the "How To Ask Questions" course as administered by jzk.
  9. d'ranger

Dems Overreach and Trump calls their bluff

Mr. I have the best brain answered in writing "i don't remember" 37 times. We are going to see more Flailing Malarkey.
  10. JimC

DC Designs

Depends on the spar. I think I may have been the first person to have a stump rig in the UK, and my mast was significantly reinforced up to the spreaders, tapering off to just below the hounds. It was a lighter basic tube than just about all though. I have a theory that the ideal mast would be tapered to close to the spreaders, but I never put it in action.
  11. phillysailor

Impeachment?

On a factual basis, you are wrong. Trump pressured Mcgahn to lie to the press and to investigators. He later ordered McGahn to give false testimony to investigators and create a false document trail. Its in the report, and there has been ample reporting on the issue. Why are you refusing to acknowledge these facts?
  12. Cal20sailor

Floriduh Man

A native being a full-blooded Seminole? Sorry, but your state is God's waiting room and host to a shitload of idiots. But you do have DisneyWorld so wear the t-shirt proudly. Edit: I'm from the greater Detroit area and we've had a few days in the 70's so not much envy currently. Plus, I sail on the greatest lakes ever.
  13. Henley Hornbrook

Source for button hatch clasps?

Might help if you search by name for them , they are technically known as 'Lift the Dot Fasteners'
  14. Sean

Impeachment?

I’ll have to take issue with the bolded part, the report said nothing of the sort w/r/t the obstruction investigation. He strongly suggested between the lines that that our President obstructed justice, but he (Mueller) is constrained from indicting by DOJ policy. As you suggest, Mueller left a tidy trail of bread crumbs for Congress to follow, and a prepackaged case for prosecution once Trump leaves office. Otherwise, “COMPLETELY EXONERATED!!!”
  15. Dog

The Redacted Mueller Report

You're making shit up...I called the Russian collusion hoax a hoax. Some people, you among them, have a problem with that but it has the benefit of being true.
  16. Texas (Rush Creek YC) does hold the last male Olympic Gold Medal for the USA.
  17. Cal20sailor

Floriduh Man

Florida is to idiots what a yellow light is to moths. They should know better, but they can't help themselves.
  18. Joakim

Spi Ouest IRC Double

Probably not or at least depends on the area. Which areas have IRC shorthanded races? There are a lot of big shorthanded races outside IRC. E.g. https://www.silverrudder.com/ (singlehanded, no handicap, limited to 450 boats, full in a few days) and http://www.seapilot2star.se/ (~100 boats doublehanded, local Swedish handicap). Shorthanded racing with different types of boats using some handicap or not is clearly growing in many countries.
  19. braunle

No more "She" or "Her"????

I am not joking... in Germany they really work on person over board (POB) for some years now. Guess what... nearly nobody is using it.
  20. jzk

Climate news

Here is something more current for you. What temperatures on the graph are harmful to "nutrient circulation?"
  1. Load more activity

Announcements