This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. badlatitude

DECLASS IS HERE!

3. badlatitude

DECLASS IS HERE!

4. MR.CLEAN

Larry's AC50 Circus

I was told by a production staffer that TV coverage for SailGP costs 1.3M average per event, not including travel/lodging/food, and that no network is paying for the broadcast. I don't know if there's an amortization in that figure for Liveline/equipment development.
  5. Crump's Brother

Searail vs Pulse your opinion matters

Well, despite never having seen one in person, I've decided on a Searail. More specifically a dealer demo socket inserted boat with 2 sets of sails, new and brand new. Used/demo boats I considered and or test sailed were: Dealer demo pulse 600 ( needed LOTS of TLC) @ 33.8k Lightly used '17 tricked out pulse @ 44k Searail demo '17 lightly used with lightly used sails plus a brand new set @ 28.2k I talked extensively with Phil Medley, Randy Smyth who developed the sailplan (great insight!), current owners and one other gent here that just purchased one last week. Plan is to get up to speed quickly and race the crap out of it in the mixed multi fleets here. Against the boats I considered but passed on -Pulse, sprint, f242's etc. If I am successful in demonstrating its performance vs price, who knows, maybe it will gain some traction. KB
  6. d'ranger

No more happy endings in Montana

Uh, you could count the liberal do gooders in Montana on one hand.
  7. barfy

Foil arm testing successful

You are going to posit another handful of cases that you pull from your fertile imagination, use your inspired logic to declare one case true, then conclude you have deciphered the truth. So many times I see you debate using this MO.
  8. dg_sailingfan

How many challengers will there be?

I couldn't agree more what you just wrote here. Well done! I am seeing it the same as you do.
  9. MR.CLEAN

Larry's AC50 Circus

If someone calls you a black lesbian but you say you are not, are they right or are you right?
  10. Troglodytarum

DECLASS IS HERE!

11. dg_sailingfan

How many challengers will there be?

WetHog, I think amongst the Challengers Ineos & AM would be able to rebuit Boat 1 should something happen with that Boat. They have the money but more importantly they have the Design People to get it done. LR is really an open Question when it comes to the Design. And the notion by @Horn Rockwhere he sort of claims that an AC 75 wouldn't be as distructable as an AC 72 we saw in San Francisco is just pure nonsense. It's quite to the contrary: Because the AC 75s are less stable the likelyhood them breaking apart is much higher IMO compared to the AC 72.
  12. MR.CLEAN

SuperFoiler Season 2

Holy shit, my scolding actually worked for once? Nice. I would love to see a video of the superfoiler's performance being 'just too good' for more than 15 seconds at a time. Seriously, I have not yet seen that yet.
  13. Steam Flyer

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

1- another fucking lie 2- why don't you go live there? -DSK
  14. Raz'r

Brexit, WTF

So, in order to have even a possibility of remain, the Tories have to commit seppuku. And even with a general election there's no telling what the vote would be. What's the likelihood of that?
  15. Steam Flyer

The debate over assault weapons

Nobody deserves that fate. Yeah, but as an alternative to getting shot by some rage-fueled dickhead screaming about he cain't be-e-e-LEEEVV we got a nigger Pressy-dent, I think I would be willing to play golf. -DSK
  16. SloopJonB

Gulf Island 29

"He's everywhere, He's everywhere". That man has a lot of good knowledge to spread around. He's been most helpful to me with my new "project". As have others on here as well. SN used to be my go to site. Then I discovered this place.
  17. badlatitude

Downright frightening how some are led by the noserings of religion.
  18. Even as a Frenchman, I think it is sad. "La transat anglaise" is no longer "la transat anglaise"...
  19. SloopJonB

Showoff. Eschew obfuscation.
  20. SloopJonB

Pence's dream world.
  21. Handjobs used to be legal in Montana but no more. The liberal do gooders and religious conservatives ganged up to put a girl out of work. SB-147 passed and the Gov signed. I've got a real talent but now I'll need to move to Canada to monetize it. https://www.montanafreepress.org/legislation-aims-to-crack-down-on-illicit-massage-parlors-in-effort-to-expand-trafficking-investigations/
  22. Max Rockatansky

Galley equipment

Yes, but then you have a knife and the cutting board to clean. This thing was effectively an apple or egg slicer but as a scissor, sort of like a garlic press that you mentioned. The true garlic press is harder to clean. The closest thing I’ve seen to it are the 2-in-one slice/press things but the one we tried sucked. Alas. Vacuum: so far the winner *was* the B&D Flex, but the battery durability wasn’t there. We have gone to a corded Carrand AutoSpa does the job.
  23. badlatitude

If only we could get some legislators to look at embryology as well, it might have saved us a lot of trouble.
  24. That sets a high bar...
  25. mcsailor0303

Gulf Island 29

I'll be down at the boat this weekend and will snap a few new ones for you! I know it's a Cape Horn, but not sure if there's different models, etc... It is complete, but I have not put it all together yet. Here is a pic from when we first looked at the boat: Thanks man, I agree! The wood is in really nice shape, but the old varnish(?) is peeling off. The plan right now is to strip it using a heat gun and scraper, along with some 220 sandpaper where needed. Then going to re-varnish with 3-4 coats of Petit SeaGold (on sale right now at WM ). Thank you! That is the one I've found as well. My boat is actually mentioned on there
  1. Load more activity

Announcements