30 knots are good news for tests.

#2 Tornado_ALIVE

Tornado_ALIVE

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:56 PM

This thing is going to hurt when it crashes with 3 on the wire........ also noted very dark sails and no windows in the main or jib. I would have thought if you are ripping along at 40 knots, vision of what is under you may be important 😱

#3 Merde2

Merde2

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:59 PM

This thing is going to hurt when it crashes with 3 on the wire........ also noted very dark sails and no windows in the main or jib. I would have thought if you are ripping along at 40 knots, vision of what is under you may be important 😱

nah, a 40kt demolition derby is what gets you the TV contracts.

Seems that their target date for the race series is November. Just a couple of months to go.

#4 Rawhide

Rawhide

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:11 AM

Not much video of stable flight, November might be a bit ambitious.

#5 knobblyoldjimbo

knobblyoldjimbo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:37 AM

April May June July August Sept Oct Nov, that's more than "couple of months to go"

#6 Phil S

Phil S

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:40 AM

But very little good sailing wind days between now and September in Sydney.

#7 Tornado_ALIVE

Tornado_ALIVE

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:02 AM

Should get a few Southerly Busters 😜😂

#8 Dave Clark

Dave Clark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:International Canoe

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:20 AM

Not much video of stable flight, November might be a bit ambitious.

If you look at their facebook feed, you'll see that they've been hyping the boat for months with a bunch of old 18 footer footage which consists entirely of people biting it and parts blowing up. I think they've rightly concluded that speed is a number and that mayhem is what primarily sells ad space. If the boat was incredibly well behaved and stable out of the box, they would have failed.

DRC

#9 Mohammed Bin Lyin

Mohammed Bin Lyin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:12 countries with Islam as the state religion have the death penalty for atheists (apostasy), consider that fact before calling someone a racist Islamophobic Xenophobic bigot for criticising Islam.

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:10 PM

If you look at their facebook feed, you'll see that they've been hyping the boat for months with a bunch of old 18 footer footage which consists entirely of people biting it and parts blowing up. I think they've rightly concluded that speed is a number and that mayhem is what primarily sells ad space. If the boat was incredibly well behaved and stable out of the box, they would have failed.

DRC

Bill Macartney is the guy who put the 18's on TV in the late 80's and 1990's, he had people bagging him back then as well.

#10 Third Reefer Grin

Third Reefer Grin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:20 PM

The guy who got one day cricket up and then after a few versions able to tailor Grand Prix 18s into a thing..

Now teamed up with his currently racing 18s son Jack & "some öld 18 guys" = maybe something bankable!

Remember it was after Bills time, when mumbles Brownie took over, that the circuit ran off the rails then into oblivion.

#11 Hobie 16

Hobie 16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Hobie 16 competitive sailing

Posted Today, 04:28 AM

I agree that the beastie looks stable and it really is just the sailors getting used to the tuning of the thing. Having had a play with a dev foiling cat, I can tell you this thing is stable! I look forward to seeing more of this sort of class coming to a beach near me soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users