• Please log in to reply
721 replies to this topic

#701 Brent Swain

Brent Swain

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts
  • Interests:cruising, boxing, MMA, hunting , fishing, boat design, simplifying things, innovation,keeping things practical and functional.

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:23 AM

DerelictBoat.jpg
  Looks like one of those" low maintenance "plastic boats. Even looks like one of Bob's Taiwanese built ones.

"Made in China," which is the "Mark of quality " of many Bob Perry boats.

Jeeeeze!

#702 Brent Swain

Brent Swain

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts
  • Interests:cruising, boxing, MMA, hunting , fishing, boat design, simplifying things, innovation,keeping things practical and functional.

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:26 AM

Right, you can tell how well the boat is put together by looking at the outside finish. Fairness and clean lines are important. Bull Shit priorities.

steel%20shit_zpsk6plf9mf.jpg

I had nothing to do with building this boat,  other than selling him the plans.I had no control over how he used them . Niether would you with your plans ,Bob  the snob.

#703 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,468 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:28 AM

Nicegtry BS but the poster here know very well that is not my design. But you, being of the slow persuasion can persist thinking that if it does you any good.

You just can't do it. You are all talk.

CT%2054%20hard%20on%20the%20wind_zpspjxh

bernieprofile_zps4686eb4f.jpg

BD%203_zpsjnifaiyw.jpg

Saga%2035_zpsqp9mrpzk.jpg

#704 irazu

irazu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:30 AM

Glad you threw a pic of the Saga35 in there. I love mine. But I don't think I want to be a part of this thread . . .

#705 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,468 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:33 AM

Irazu:

Come on. It's a fun diversion. I really like your boat too. That's the boat I wish I owned today. Perfect size and wicked fast.

#706 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,468 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:35 AM

Time to go cook dinner.

Don't forget to brush your tooth BS.,

meridian_zpsd57d819f.jpg

Airloom%20bow%20on_zpsk4zxvzyh.jpg

icon%20rendezvous_zpssk2lnrsx.jpg

#707 irazu

irazu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:38 AM

Agreed on all accounts. I just don't understand why anyone goes online to pick fights and bitch. Oops. Guess I'm a part of it now. That's it I'm done.

#708 slap

slap

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:43 AM

Just words BS. It's you who have lost your credibility here.

Can you do this? No, I did not think so.

N447%20inb%20prof_zpsvrzzaqw8.jpg

Simplifying things takes so much more genius than complicating them ,altho being paid by the hour, the more hours it can be made to  take, the more you get to milk your clients. I don't believe in screwing people out of their cruising dreams that way.

Whats the difference between Bob and a rooster ? A rooster clucks defiance!

Brent - this is a simple drawing.  It establishes basic dimensions and layouts.  It only would seem complex if you are incapable of understanding it.

#709 RKoch

RKoch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,932 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:49 AM

Th

What a scumbag - use other peoples tragedies as a marketing ploy.

No-one has ever been lost at sea on a steel vessel of course.

Only 99.9 % of them.

The suggestion being that  we should not use the lessons learned from one tragedy, to avoid others making the same mistake. Kinda like not warning anyone of the cliff ahead, and simply let them go over it ,out of consideration for those who have already gone over it.
Now that's a scumbag attitude!
You say 99% of people cruising  in steel boats are lost at sea? So much for your credibility!
How "National Enquirer" of you!
No i think he meant that 99% of boat 'Designed' (and I use the term loosely) by you hit things. Which appears to be true. Which also confirms what we already knew that 99% of people who would build one of your floating scrapyards are clueless fuckwits. Like you good self. How many plans for your shit boxes have you sold since the internet came to be? Not many as most people now would google 'Brent Swain' first and see all these forums full of experienced people laughing at your bullshit. You are a punchline BS. Sadly you are still happy to take these poor misguided fools money and shatter their fantasy's of sailing the world. And tell them your outright lies to them about your experience.

97% of my clients have made it out cruising, in steel boats ,living their cruising dreams ,which would have been  impossible by other means,and other steel boat costs . About 5 % of my boats hit things, just like plastic boats which actually leave the dock, but mine suffer  no damage whatever, giving great peace of mind to the rest. 3 plastic boats here have hit the rocks,out of  a tiny plastic boat fleet, with water coming in ,which would have had no damage had they been steel.
Hal Roth hit the rocks and punched holes in his hull in the Cape Horn area, in a sheltered bay with limited fetch. Had he been in one of mine,he would have suffered no damage in the same conditions.After that he began talking to a friend of mine about how he would like a steel boat ,hard chine no problem.
Mine have pounded across 300 yards of Fijian coral reef in an open ocean swell ,with no serious damage.Klingle mentioned one steel boat which blew 300 yards inland in a hurricane, with no serious damage  .But half wits like you call that "dangerous" ,and the plastic breakup boats "safe."
Sounds like more of your made up 'facts'. 97%? Prove it, liar.

#710 RKoch

RKoch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,932 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:51 AM

Right, you can tell how well the boat is put together by looking at the outside finish. Fairness and clean lines are important. Bull Shit priorities.
steel%20shit_zpsk6plf9mf.jpg

I had nothing to do with building this boat,  other than selling him the plans.I had no control over how he used them . Niether would you with your plans ,Bob  the snob.
Yes, it's logical to assume the builder had to make do on basic details not included in the crayon cartoon 'plans' you sent him.

#711 smackdaddy

smackdaddy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:14 AM

The suggestion being that  we should not use the lessons learned from one tragedy, to avoid others making the same mistake. Kinda like not warning anyone of the cliff ahead, and simply let them go over it ,out of consideration for those who have already gone over it.

You say 99% of people cruising  in steel boats are lost at sea? So much for your credibility!

I totally agree with you. We should use lessons learned from past trageies to avoid other makeing the same mistakes. Here are a few:

P7170097.JPG

P7250001.JPG

JULIAN-BOAT.JPG

Due to BS' lies, all these people thought they'd be cruising quickly and affordably. They never made it out of their backyards.

However - this guy did...what a beauty...

GEDC0613.JPG

I also heard that 4 Brent Boats have been lost at sea since 1992. Those people were never heard from again. Sad.

#712 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,468 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:35 AM

Yow! What are those lumps in the bilge area? Lumps pf mystery? Is that what BS thinks is "fair".

#713 SloopJonB

SloopJonB

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,931 posts
  • Interests:Daysailing, local cruising and working on them.

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:37 AM

Th

Only 99.9 % of them.

In addition to your well known problems using computers, now you're having difficulties with reading comprehension.

99% of people lost at sea were in steel boats.

Understand now?

Have you found a 6 year old to scan your passport yet?

How about that list of my relatives on Quadra?

#714 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,468 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:38 AM

Slap:

We said. That is just a simple, ordinary design drawing. The type that you would expect any designer to produce.  I just happen to be very good at it. Yahooooooooooo!

#715 smackdaddy

smackdaddy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:44 AM

Yow! What are those lumps in the bilge area? Lumps pf mystery? Is that what BS thinks is "fair".

Here are some more of Brent's "perfectly fair, zero filler" boats...

P7110056.JPG

P8010118.JPG

Definitely no filler. I'll give him that.

#716 SloopJonB

SloopJonB

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,931 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:51 AM

Th

Only 99.9 % of them.

No i think he meant that 99% of boat 'Designed' (and I use the term loosely) by you hit things. Which appears to be true. Which also confirms what we already knew that 99% of people who would build one of your floating scrapyards are clueless fuckwits. Like you good self. How many plans for your shit boxes have you sold since the internet came to be? Not many as most people now would google 'Brent Swain' first and see all these forums full of experienced people laughing at your bullshit. You are a punchline BS. Sadly you are still happy to take these poor misguided fools money and shatter their fantasy's of sailing the world. And tell them your outright lies to them about your experience.

Hal Roth hit the rocks and punched holes in his hull in the Cape Horn area, in a sheltered bay with limited fetch. Had he been in one of mine,he would have suffered no damage in the same conditions.After that he began talking to a friend of mine about how he would like a steel boat ,hard chine no problem.

I guess that explains why all his boats were fiberglass. Spencer 35, Santa Cruz 50, Praetorian.

Do you ever tell the truth?

Where's the scan of your passport?

Where's that list of my relatives on Quadra?

#717 SloopJonB

SloopJonB

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,931 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:53 AM

Yeah, where do you pump out BS?  You know the E-coli levels in the Salish Sea are not good and broken holding tanks on sad old liveaboards are partly to blame.  Biodiversity is not liking this situation.

In winter Vancouver has no sewage treatment .They originally  plumbed the sewage pipes into the storm drains

,so the treatment plant has to handle all the drainage from the entire city, impossible in winter rains.So it just over flows out, untreated.

More lies.

Where's the scan of your passport?

Where's that list of my relatives on Quadra?

#718 KvW

KvW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:sailing obviously
    scuba diving
    reading

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:03 AM

"The mast rake does serve a purpose on schooners I thought, something to do with the way stays are rigged, maybe other reasons too, like your quote"

Aft raked masts on schooner/old trading boats useful for lifting  shit up and keep it clear of mast, and drop it through large deck hatch, suppose you can easily use a tag line to help

#719 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,468 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:34 AM

Those BS boats are Ok boats. I have no problem with them. Yes, they are lumpy and certainly not what I would want. But as boats they are fine. And lumpy.

Look at that nice boat with the bright blue deck. Heck, you don;t need non skid when you deck is that rippled. It's like steps. But if that works for you then fine.

Just don't call it "fair".

SARAFINA has an "ouch"., i.e. a boat zitt. I like the way the entire sheer spring is in the first 6'. Clever. " Let's get this sheer spring thing over quickly."

But these are obviously home built boats and you have to judge thme as such. Kind of like ugly mutt dogs. They can be beautiful in their own way. I like mutts.

As to mast rake on the old schooners. My theory is that it was the only way they could get headstay tension. I'm sticking with that theory. Won't argue.

#720 smackdaddy

smackdaddy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:48 AM

You'll also notice that both of those very unfair boats above have eschewed the BS Yacht 4' tall pipe handrails around the deck and have gone for typical lifelines. And I don't think the owners are dead yet.

#721 RKoch

RKoch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,932 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:06 AM

Occasionally there's a BS boat that turns out OK, if the builder is pretty skilled and can figure out all the details BS omits in his 'plans'. Most, however, seem to turn out rather crude and lumpy...just like the majority of Ferro boats did. They'll be an eyesore on the waterfront for a while, then they'll end up in a backwater or backyard, rusting away. There's no resale value, so making them 'right' isn't a financially sound move. People are stuck with them, until they walk away. So much for the dream. They might have some value stacked on the beach for homeless housing, but fuck, even BS won't live on his boat...he freeloads off his sister.

#722 RKoch

RKoch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,932 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:09 AM

Those BS boats are Ok boats. I have no problem with them. Yes, they are lumpy and certainly not what I would want. But as boats they are fine. And lumpy.
Look at that nice boat with the bright blue deck. Heck, you don;t need non skid when you deck is that rippled. It's like steps. But if that works for you then fine.
Just don't call it "fair".

SARAFINA has an "ouch"., i.e. a boat zitt. I like the way the entire sheer spring is in the first 6'. Clever. " Let's get this sheer spring thing over quickly."

But these are obviously home built boats and you have to judge thme as such. Kind of like ugly mutt dogs. They can be beautiful in their own way. I like mutts.

As to mast rake on the old schooners. My theory is that it was the only way they could get headstay tension. I'm sticking with that theory. Won't argue.

I suspect the sheer spring is only in the first 6' on the port side. The starboard side likely has the spring in the aft 6'.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Steel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users