• This topic is locked This topic is locked
310 replies to this topic

#1 melissa_b

melissa_b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 05:38 PM

Are you ready to experience 300 miles of Extreme Sailing at its best? The ULTIMATE beach catamaran sailing event in North America is happening June 16-19, 2010.

Here's your chance to race against the BEST in TEXAS! If you're a seasoned veteran, the GT300 is the race for you...or if you just want to experience a taste of the race, the Surfside to Galveston Dash is held the last day.

More information on both the GT300 and the Dash can be found at www.GT300.com

Melissa Burns
Public Relations
Great Texas Fleet
www.GT300.com

#2 melissa_b

melissa_b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:25 AM

GT300 Update! The first Tornado team has signed up for the 2010 GT300! Might we see some other Tornado teams this year? To date, we now have 11 GT300 teams and 3 DASH teams!

Melissa Burns
Public Relations
Great Texas Fleet
www.GT300.com

#3 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:03 PM

Corey and Pete will win. And have the best looking ground crew. And drink the most beer.

#4 Terri*

Terri*

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:01 AM

For those of you that would like to participate in this event, but remain on shore.....I do have teams that are looking for team managers. You would be driving vehicles between stops, assisting the teams, and having a great time! Contact me if you are interested....Terri Reuwsaat, Beach Coordinator GT300...treuwsaat@gmail.com We would love to have you join in the fun!

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:40 AM

Corey and Pete will win. And have the best looking ground crew. And drink the most beer.

No contest, except that Lee and Anthony will drink the most beer.

#6 melissa_b

melissa_b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:53 PM

To date, we now have 14 teams for the GT300 and 4 for the Surfside to Galveston Dash! Want to play with the big boys and have your chance to beat the best in Texas? Check it out! www.gt300.com

Melissa Burns
Public Relations
Great Texas Fleet
www.GT300.com

#7 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:42 PM

For those of you that would like to participate in this event, but remain on shore.....I do have teams that are looking for team managers. You would be driving vehicles between stops, assisting the teams, and having a great time! Contact me if you are interested....Terri Reuwsaat, Beach Coordinator GT300...treuwsaat@gmail.com We would love to have you join in the fun!

Can I get my travel expenses covered? Have experience co-managing Team Corpus for last years Tybee.

#8 Terri*

Terri*

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:19 AM

Can I get my travel expenses covered? Have experience co-managing Team Corpus for last years Tybee.

I can't speak for any specific team, but for the most part, team's do cover the expenses of the team manager (within reason). We are having a conference call March 9th which you would be welcome to join in on. Make sure and sign up at the www.gt300.com site to receive announcements of this. Also, send me your info and I will talk to some teams... It would be great to have you on board!

#9 Pedro

Pedro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:39 PM

Thanks Chica! As you can see I've been practicing my trapeze techniques:

Irie_Frost_Bite.JPG

That's a Bequia Whaling Dinghy if you're interested. Thought I'd start off kind of old school and work my way up to the Nacra.

#10 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:48 AM

:lol: I saw that pic on the CC website and didn't recognize you. Nice.

#11 Pedro

Pedro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:42 AM

23 Days to the Start.

I think I'm getting stoked. Anyone have any tips on how to sail these F18 contraptions?

#12 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,353 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:47 AM

We may have just had our schedule open up. If a sponsor wants to fly us out there an cover some other expenses, we'll cover it for free just to check out what seems like a very cool race. give us a shout if interested.

#13 mojonixon

mojonixon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:23 PM

Yeah right. We'll see about that.

#14 mojonixon

mojonixon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:26 PM

We may have just had our schedule open up. If a sponsor wants to fly us out there an cover some other expenses, we'll cover it for free just to check out what seems like a very cool race. give us a shout if interested.

Or you could just draft Marlies Wilson. She'll be part of our road crew and she is covering Alter Cup right now.

#15 Pedro

Pedro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:17 PM

Hey. You callin' Catherine a Liar!?! Them's fightin' words!!

Well, maybe we can settle this over beers.

#16 Pedro

Pedro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:20 PM

That's right nice of y'all! I'll check with my sponsor right away!!

Ummm. She said no. Sorry.

#17 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,353 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:27 PM

Or you could just draft Marlies Wilson. She'll be part of our road crew and she is covering Alter Cup right now.

I'm not looking to step on any toes, believe me. I'm just offering something that usually costs a fair bit of money and provides tens of thousands of views at no cost beyond expenses.

#18 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:31 PM

:lol: I've been called worse. Do us proud out there, Pedro. You know how much Corey hates to lose.

#19 mojonixon

mojonixon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:45 PM

Drew and I will see you in two weeks on the beach in Corpus. Bring plenty of beer dammit.

#20 Pedro

Pedro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:02 AM

:lol: I've been called worse. Do us proud out there, Pedro. You know how much Corey hates to lose.

OK. I'll drink plenty beers.

#21 Pedro

Pedro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:24 AM

Drew and I will see you in two weeks on the beach in Corpus. Bring plenty of beer dammit.

We'll see you there

#22 Nacraphiliac

Nacraphiliac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

23 Days to the Start.

I think I'm getting stoked. Anyone have any tips on how to sail these F18 contraptions?

Oh, boy! There are a number of newb teams this year. It will be fun to see what they are made of on the day two start, historically always a bit of a sphincter-tightener...

#23 F-18 5150

F-18 5150

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Interests:sailing

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:20 AM

Is the Spill going to have any effect on the race?

#24 melissa_b

melissa_b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:12 AM

The Great Texas Fleet would like to announce our Gold Sponsor for the 2010 GT300, Portfolio Advisory Council, LLC. The company was founded in 1986 by W. Thomas Sutton as an independent registered investment advisory firm. Their goal is to assist their clients in every aspect of their financial lives and they provide the most comprehensive and personal service available. Portfolio Advisory Council, LLC strives to create for their clients financial stability and security to provide financial independence and peace of mind. You can find out more information on Portfolio Advisory Council, LLC at www.pacadvisory.com.

Tom is also Skipper for Team Pacmen with Cote Sutton, his son and his crew. They are racing on an I20. Tom started racing Hobie Cats in 1975 with Fleet 48 out of Albuquerque, MN, and Cote started sailing age of 11. They have been competitive sailors and have placed in major events. We welcome them to the Great Texas Catamaran Race this year

Melissa Burns
Public Relations
Great Texas Fleet
www.GT300.com

#25 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,353 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:47 PM

This is going to be fun. Look for an OTWA announcement on the front page Monday morning.

A

#26 melissa_b

melissa_b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:49 PM

This is going to be fun. Look for an OTWA announcement on the front page Monday morning.

A

Just curious....where's the announcement?

~melissa

#27 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:40 AM

where's the front page?

#28 mojonixon

mojonixon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:41 AM

where's the front page?

doh....
http://www.sailinganarchy.com/index.htm

#29 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,353 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:53 AM

Monday...on Mars!

Tomorrow's monday in my world.

#30 F-18 5150

F-18 5150

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Interests:sailing

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:11 AM

The old day late story short answer.

#31 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,353 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:43 AM

The old day late story short answer.

Na, more like the 'day spent on ferries, taxis, and four flights, story short' answer. You wouldn't believe me if I told you the last time I slept.

Story's in - should be up shortly.

#32 Nacraphiliac

Nacraphiliac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:21 PM

Is the Spill going to have any effect on the race?

It shouldn't. We'll be in the far western side of the gulf and currents don't seem to be carrying oil much west of Grande Isle, LA
http://ocg6.marine.u...latest_roms.htm

#33 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,353 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:46 AM

OTWA

all thrills, no frills

JC and I are about as far South as you can go in the US before Spanish is the official language - we're in South Padre Island getting ready for Wednesday morning start to the Great Texas 300. Like the Tybee 500 and the Worrell 1000, the GT-300 is an off-the-beach cat race for both F-18s and an open class including Nacra 20s as well as some...interesting entrants. This ain't no gucci party, either - this is campgrounds and RVs and cheap-ass motels, pick-up trucks on the beach and the best that Texas has to offer.

We're enthralled by beach starts, and one of the main reasons we came down here to the Oil Coast is to check out one of the few events on earth that has them. The GT-300 is also an interesting model that we wanted to learn more about; it's a self-contained, unaffiliated event run by a committee funded by 10$/year dues from all the folks that support it. The race itself is similar to the Tybee - 70-100 NM legs in big sea breeze, and while the Tybee may see bigger ocean swells, the GT-300 runs through some seriously desolated real estate: If you have to head to the beach here, you might just be spending the night.

We'll be trying a few new things for On-The-Water Anarchy from the Lone Star State. It'll be our first ever live coverage from on a beach, and we hope to have a full hour of live streaming video (with an iPod app for those that prefer) each morning, with pre-leg interviews leading up to the Le Mans-style start that we love so much. After the start, we'll race up the coast to set up for the leg finishes; sometimes we'll be early, but with 3 times the distance that the cats have to sail, they might just beat us in! We'll be playing with a new tracker as well - not on the boats, but on our own RV. Philippe Kahn's slick iPhone app "Motion-X GPS lite" has a free tracking system that updates automatically to Twitter and Facebook, and it's something we think we can easily incorporate into other events we cover.

The GT-300 runs for four days, and each day will be more interesting than the last. Check out the thread for the daily live feed and for running written commentary on all the action, and here's a little from co-host John Casey, who won this event a few years back.

Rest assured, I’ve been taught by the best on beach interviews, Mr. Robert Feldman, from the Worrell 1000 of lore…..RIP Mike Worrell. Your legacy will remain only to be built upon in the future.

Kenny Pierce and I raced the GT300 back in ‘06 I think. Bigtime twin-wire spin reach almost the whole way. Here is a pic of us busting out through the surf in Texas. Hopefully it’s windy as hell. Forecast shows strengthening to 20 knots on Thursday, the second day of the race.

#34 Foghorn77

Foghorn77

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:22 PM

OTWA

all thrills, no frills

JC and I are about as far South as you can go in the US before Spanish is the official language - we're in South Padre Island getting ready for Wednesday morning start to the Great Texas 300. Like the Tybee 500 and the Worrell 1000, the GT-300 is an off-the-beach cat race for both F-18s and an open class including Nacra 20s as well as some...interesting entrants. This ain't no gucci party, either - this is campgrounds and RVs and cheap-ass motels, pick-up trucks on the beach and the best that Texas has to offer.

We're enthralled by beach starts, and one of the main reasons we came down here to the Oil Coast is to check out one of the few events on earth that has them. The GT-300 is also an interesting model that we wanted to learn more about; it's a self-contained, unaffiliated event run by a committee funded by 10$/year dues from all the folks that support it. The race itself is similar to the Tybee - 70-100 NM legs in big sea breeze, and while the Tybee may see bigger ocean swells, the GT-300 runs through some seriously desolated real estate: If you have to head to the beach here, you might just be spending the night.

We'll be trying a few new things for On-The-Water Anarchy from the Lone Star State. It'll be our first ever live coverage from on a beach, and we hope to have a full hour of live streaming video (with an iPod app for those that prefer) each morning, with pre-leg interviews leading up to the Le Mans-style start that we love so much. After the start, we'll race up the coast to set up for the leg finishes; sometimes we'll be early, but with 3 times the distance that the cats have to sail, they might just beat us in! We'll be playing with a new tracker as well - not on the boats, but on our own RV. Philippe Kahn's slick iPhone app "Motion-X GPS lite" has a free tracking system that updates automatically to Twitter and Facebook, and it's something we think we can easily incorporate into other events we cover.

The GT-300 runs for four days, and each day will be more interesting than the last. Check out the thread for the daily live feed and for running written commentary on all the action, and here's a little from co-host John Casey, who won this event a few years back.

Rest assured, I've been taught by the best on beach interviews, Mr. Robert Feldman, from the Worrell 1000 of lore…..RIP Mike Worrell. Your legacy will remain only to be built upon in the future.

Kenny Pierce and I raced the GT300 back in '06 I think. Bigtime twin-wire spin reach almost the whole way. Here is a pic of us busting out through the surf in Texas. Hopefully it's windy as hell. Forecast shows strengthening to 20 knots on Thursday, the second day of the race.

JC and Clean,
Talk to Lee Wicklund on Chums,you'll be glad you did. Also Steve Piche came to Mike Worrell's funeral last week and can give you some great insight on Mike and his story along with The GT. Can't wait . Drink plenty of Shiner Bock and Lone Stars. I'm jonesin' bad not being there this year.Adios.

#35 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,353 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:43 PM

We are LIVE now, watch from the Justin.TV iPhone app or at http://www.justin.tv/onthewateranarchy

#36 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,353 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:24 PM

Here's the start - low-res but good times. We're rolling up the coast now, ETA in three hours or so I guess.

Watch live video from onthewateranarchy on Justin.tv

#37 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,353 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:24 PM

Nice wind here on the Interstate, 10-15 for sure. Now the real race begins - between us in an RV and the boats on the water.

#38 Catalyst

Catalyst

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:56 PM

I'm working on a youtube upload from the start right now from the rocky roads of the Lone Start State. There are bigger internet holes in Texas than in the middle of the five pound donuts they serve up.

I've also edited pics from this morning and will have them up shortly. I'm no Mer for sure but workin on it.

#39 Catalyst

Catalyst

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:19 PM

Last year's champs, TCDYC, had some problems in the surf this morning. It is due to the new up/down rudder system they installed. I have pics and will explain the system soon.
Posted Image

#40 Foghorn77

Foghorn77

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:21 PM

I'm working on a youtube upload from the start right now from the rocky roads of the Lone Start State. There are bigger internet holes in Texas than in the middle of the five pound donuts they serve up.

I've also edited pics from this morning and will have them up shortly. I'm no Mer for sure but workin on it.

How long until you get to Mustang Island?

Steve's Spot shows them a little past Port Mansfield.

#41 YasminePathe

YasminePathe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:37 PM

No shit! It helps if you get on TOP of your RV when you can...seriously. That's what we had to do last year. Also, when you get to Mustang, you're not too far from Corpus & WiFi civilization... You can always head that way. There's a Starbucks about 15 -20 miles & just two turns away from Mustang Island State Park in Corpus.

We were the only ones able to get a signal last year at Matagorda, but it was sporadic...good luck with that stop tomorrow B)

#42 DaveK

DaveK

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,722 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:49 PM

30 miles down and only 70 to go....... It's gonna be a very long day.

#43 Catalyst

Catalyst

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:00 PM

Here is a look at the TCDYC rudder system. Look familiar? Reminiscent of the Marstrom A-Cat.
Posted Image
Vectran line from through hull hole to bottom of the rudder and up line to rudder arm. Normal system is a bar attached to the rudder head to push the rudder down with a locking mechanism (ball and socket) on the rudder arm.

Posted Image
Through hull goes through a turning block to a flip cleat, which should release under pressure. The problem is they set the leeward rudder line in the cleat when they leave the beach and it ends up dragging on the bottom and spinning the boat down the surf. With a little practice they'll have it down. Another problem is stretch in the line when the rudder loads up. We'll see how it works throughout the race. Maybe they'll end up first today, but they gave up a few minutes at the start.

#44 Catalyst

Catalyst

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:03 PM

We're pulling in now man. My GPS shows .85nm left

#45 Catalyst

Catalyst

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:05 PM

No shit! It helps if you get on TOP of your RV when you can...seriously. That's what we had to do last year. Also, when you get to Mustang, you're not too far from Corpus & WiFi civilization... You can always head that way. There's a Starbucks about 15 -20 miles & just two turns away from Mustang Island State Park in Corpus.

We were the only ones able to get a signal last year at Matagorda, but it was sporadic...good luck with that stop tomorrow B)

I just used the gravitational pull from Clean's celebrity head to get it done

Breeze on at Mustang!

#46 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,353 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:13 PM

Based on the Spot track from Team Rudderless, we are a long way off from seeing any finishing. BUt we have a solid 15 right now on Mustang and are breaking into the vodka...

You can see my own 15-minute position reports on http://www.twitter.com/OTWAnarchy reported via MotionX app.

And we'll roll the finishes live with JC throwing microphones in everyone's face right when they hit the beach, then we'll put the clips up here later.

#47 Foghorn77

Foghorn77

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:13 PM

I just used the gravitational pull from Clean's celebrity head to get it done

Breeze on at Mustang!

Be careful with that stuff ,you may reverse the magnetic poles or shift our planetary alignment. Glad to hear there's breeze,that's a long leg.They're gonna need all they can get.

#48 Catalyst

Catalyst

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:16 PM

You can take The Clean out of Dubai, but not The Dubai out of Clean
Posted Image

#49 Glitter In The Eye

Glitter In The Eye

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:23 PM

i just watched that video. those guys with the red spin seems like they never surf launched before. Clean, tell them to keep the main sheeted harder until they clear the breakers....they lose all the energy created by the wave pump with a loose main sheet.

#50 Foghorn77

Foghorn77

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:37 PM

i just watched that video. those guys with the red spin seems like they never surf launched before. Clean, tell them to keep the main sheeted harder until they clear the breakers....they lose all the energy created by the wave pump with a loose main sheet.

Those guys won last year.

#51 MauganNacra20

MauganNacra20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:55 PM

Sheeting the main in during a beach launch is also a GREAT way to get stuck in irons in the surf with no foils in the water. That doesn't end well.

Seriously - in the light stuff its pretty hard to get through breakers - especially with a new, overly complicated (IMO) rudder system.

#52 foxyroxy

foxyroxy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:08 PM

Is there a list of entries with sail numbers anywhere? Trying to identify Team Corpus in pictures and such.

#53 C6Pipes

C6Pipes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:17 PM

Is there a list of entries with sail numbers anywhere? Trying to identify Team Corpus in pictures and such.

You can go to www.gt300.com. There is a team list w/ skipper and crew on there.

Good job with the start Clean and JC.

* Edited for a typo in the link.

#54 YasminePathe

YasminePathe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:38 PM

I cannot seem to find a list with the sail numbers either... I'll see if I can get someone onsite to post something. I know a list exists...

#55 foxyroxy

foxyroxy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:39 PM

You can go to www.gt300.com. There is a team list w/ skipper and crew on there.

Good job with the start Clean and JC.

* Edited for a typo in the link.

I saw that but I don't believe it has sail numbers just Team name and Team members

#56 YasminePathe

YasminePathe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:04 PM

[/quote]

I saw that but I don't believe it has sail numbers just Team name and Team members
[/quote]

I got someone working on it - should be posted either here or on the GT site by tomorrow :)

#57 DaveK

DaveK

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,722 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:26 PM

My vote is for Yost Auto. Only person I know in it. Local guy from AYC.

#58 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,353 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:31 PM

Thanks to Andrew Bernard, WE ARE LIVE!!! Amazingly he has a Sprint access point while our Verizon and ATT feeds are garbage. So check out what we got. We can see white sails a few miles off, so maybe we'll have some finishes within an hour or so. I might run some audio from the beach to make you laugh. Big thunderhead over the course might have just sucked everyone up!

#59 C6Pipes

C6Pipes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:38 PM

[quote name='YasminePathe' date='16 June 2010 - 05:04 PM' timestamp='1276725854' post='2887740']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I got someone working on it - should be posted either here or on the GT site by tomorrow Posted Image
[/quote]

In the mean time,

Salva Vida Vela are 147 on the Capricorn
Yost Auto on an I20 should be 892
Rudderless on a Tiger shoudl be 5
Quiksilver on an Infusion should be 543
Ruff Rider on a Wildcat should be 89
Velocitek on an Infusion should be 625
Corpus on an Infusion should be 2
Jack Flash on the H18 should be 4247
Pacmen on an I20 should be 860

That should be accurate so long as no one has changed sail numbers since the end of April.

Don't ask me how I know....

#60 YasminePathe

YasminePathe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:41 PM

I cannot seem to find a list with the sail numbers either... I'll see if I can get someone onsite to post something. I know a list exists...

Ask ye shall receive. Sorry about the formatting - not my forte':

Team Name Boat Type Sail Number
Poison Girl Nacra 20 325
Rudderless Tiger 5
Corpus Infusion 05
Ruff Rider Wildcat 8
Quiksilver Silver 543
TCDYC Wildcat 124
PacMen Nacra 20 860
Chums Nacra 20 no number
Salva Vida Capricorn 167
Jack Flaxh 18 SX 4547
Yost Auto Nacra 20 892
Velocitek Infusion 625

#61 YasminePathe

YasminePathe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:44 PM

[

In the mean time,

Salva Vida Vela are 147 on the Capricorn
Yost Auto on an I20 should be 892
Rudderless on a Tiger shoudl be 5
Quiksilver on an Infusion should be 543
Ruff Rider on a Wildcat should be 89
Velocitek on an Infusion should be 625
Corpus on an Infusion should be 2
Jack Flash on the H18 should be 4247
Pacmen on an I20 should be 860

That should be accurate so long as no one has changed sail numbers since the end of April.

Don't ask me how I know....

LOL - just a few differences...I think we can figure it out.

BTW - Chums has no sail number but the hulls on their boat are aquamarine & their main has lots of logos on it.

#62 C6Pipes

C6Pipes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:50 PM

There are several AYC guys in the race. Quiksilver, Rudderless, Salva Vida Vela, Yost Auto, and Velocitek all have AYC presence aboard.

#63 YasminePathe

YasminePathe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:01 PM

Thanks to Andrew Bernard, WE ARE LIVE!!! Amazingly he has a Sprint access point while our Verizon and ATT feeds are garbage.

Alas, you will find this to be true the length of the Texas coast...Sprint rules (and why we all tolerate Sprint).

#64 DaveK

DaveK

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,722 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:39 AM

There are several AYC guys in the race. Quiksilver, Rudderless, Salva Vida Vela, Yost Auto, and Velocitek all have AYC presence aboard.

Really? So 5 of 12 are from Austin? I'm kinda new to multi hull mentality, but really? I just thought most were from coastal areas..

#65 DaveK

DaveK

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,722 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:48 AM

And how do you use Justin.tv to view this on iphone? i got the app..... but.

#66 YasminePathe

YasminePathe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:44 AM

Really? So 5 of 12 are from Austin? I'm kinda new to multi hull mentality, but really? I just thought most were from coastal areas..

The guys that founded the GT are Austinites & former Worrel 1000 participants. Austin seems to be a breeding ground for slightly insane folks & you gotta be a little bit kooky to do beach cat distance racing offshore :D

#67 MauganNacra20

MauganNacra20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:28 AM

ANyone finish the leg yet?

#68 dbncsu

dbncsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:02 AM

Must be a good RV party....

#69 C6Pipes

C6Pipes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:05 AM

ANyone finish the leg yet?

Here's a few updates for those not on the GT300 mail list.

First in Team Ruff Rider
Next was Velocitek
RAIN....
TCDYC
Yost
Salva Vida Vela
Poison Girl
Rudderless

As of 10:24 CDT, Quiksilver and Pacmen were rescued by the coasties and met their ground crew

Team Chums finished at 10:42 PM

Still waiting for Jack Flash.

The order is only based on the emails that went out to the list.

#70 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,353 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:10 AM

And how do you use Justin.tv to view this on iphone? i got the app..... but.

Go to the search window and type in "onthewateranarchy"

#71 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:15 AM

"Late update...Team Corpus is DNF. They made it safely to shore on
their boat & were picked up by their ground crew.

Team Jack Flash crossed the finish line with an unofficial elapsed
time of 13:10:10.

All teams accounted for! Now to score & hit the sack!"

This just posted also.

Ok Alan, what's the story?

Edited by mainsheetgirl, 17 June 2010 - 04:16 AM.

#72 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,353 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:17 AM

Hey pipes - what happened to Quicksilver and the other boat that was rescued? Abandoned or towed?

#73 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,353 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:18 AM

And BTW msg - we really, really miss you here.

#74 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:21 AM

And BTW msg - we really, really miss you here.

I miss my people there too. Have fun.

#75 C6Pipes

C6Pipes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:34 AM

Hey pipes - what happened to Quicksilver and the other boat that was rescued? Abandoned or towed?

Not sure. Here's what we got from Melissa below. This was as of 10:24 PM

Team Pacmen had to be rescued by the Coast Guard, but is safe and is being picked up by their ground crew in Corpus Christi.

Team Quiksilver is also being rescued by the Coast Guard and will be meeting their ground crew on the shore shortly.

We are still waiting for Teams Chums & Jack Flash. We have received word from Chums to expect them after 10:00 PM.

More to follow soon!

~melissa

#76 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,353 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:37 AM

Pacmen were lifted off in a helicopter, as was quicksilver. Both boats abandoned. Jack Flash spent two hours on their side before righting. HOLY CRAP!

#77 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,353 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:38 AM

JC's new term of the day: "They got Abby'd"

#78 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,353 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:40 AM

Pacmen is a father-son team, the father is at CG Station Corpus and the son at the hospital to be checked for back injuries. Quicksilver is at Port Aransas getting picked up by their shore crew.

#79 mainsheetgirl

mainsheetgirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:43 AM

I hope he's ok. Going to the hospital really sucks the fun out of sailing.

#80 Foghorn77

Foghorn77

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:41 PM

Anybody Home?

#81 Foghorn77

Foghorn77

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:52 PM

They're up.

#82 Andrew

Andrew

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:02 PM

Don't look for them today! I just talked to Corey, and with the (hopefully) potential damage the boat took yesterday, they're trailering to Matagorda. They were 7 miles from Bob Hall when the storm hit.

#83 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,353 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:52 PM

So we'll get you some of this cool shit here on the forum so y'all can check it out.

First finishers yesterday:

Interview with Ruff Riders as second place finishes:

The storm hits:

#84 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,353 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:58 PM

The flip vid from the front page - this is hilarious!

Team Yost finishes with Broken boom:

Salva Vida Vela finishes after sunset:

#85 foxyroxy

foxyroxy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:19 PM

Don't look for them today! I just talked to Corey, and with the (hopefully) potential damage the boat took yesterday, they're trailering to Matagorda. They were 7 miles from Bob Hall when the storm hit.

thanks, wow that nuts, glad they are ok

#86 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,353 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

And here's this morning's action - a fun start with 7 of 9 starters over early. Lots of nerves on the beach today, good times!

#87 songcat

songcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:46 PM

Well, after 5 hours of looking Team Quicksilver is moving on to Matagorda without a boat.

#88 Foghorn77

Foghorn77

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:53 PM

Well, after 5 hours of looking Team Quicksilver is moving on to Matagorda without a boat.

That sucks!
Mike's gonna need that safety tether on his drinkin' cup tonight.

#89 Windridr

Windridr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Sailing and Skiing

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:45 PM

What's happening, need info fix, please........ rudderless' spot not too far away someone must be close to finishing....find a cel tower out there...

#90 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,353 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:01 PM

Going live in FIVE

#91 Foghorn77

Foghorn77

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:32 PM

That sucks!

Heck with that. Give the man a pitcher of whatever he's drinking, park him on the beach and let him relax!

Mikes got a safety line on his drinking cup so he doesn't walk away without it( works like a champ after a few too many). He awarded me one at the awards ceremony last year and I use it religiously.

#92 songcat

songcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:38 AM

That sucks!

Heck with that. Give the man a pitcher of whatever he's drinking, park him on the beach and let him relax!

Mikes got a safety line on his drinking cup so he doesn't walk away without it( works like a champ after a few too many). He awarded me one at the awards ceremony last year and I use it religiously.

Didn't know. I love it! So maybe you just transfer it from the cup to the pitcher.

#93 Lost in Translation

Lost in Translation

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:50 AM

Excellent coverage, guys.

#94 Foghorn77

Foghorn77

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:59 AM

Anybody want to put odds on Clean getting in a fight in Surfside?

#95 melissa_b

melissa_b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:18 AM

Results of Days One and Two and Overall Results posted at http://www.gt300.com...ce-results-2010.

~melissa

#96 Lost in Translation

Lost in Translation

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:12 PM

How are the folks who got rescued earlier in the race? Everyone ok?

#97 Foghorn77

Foghorn77

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:40 PM

Live feed is up.

#98 songcat

songcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:39 PM

Loving being able to see the start every day! Team Quicksilver got a call yesterday after arriving in Matagorda that the boat had been located. They're headed back to Port Aransas right now to recover it.

Beth

#99 Foghorn77

Foghorn77

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:54 PM

Loving being able to see the start every day! Team Quicksilver got a call yesterday after arriving in Matagorda that the boat had been located. They're headed back to Port Aransas right now to recover it.

Beth

That's great news .I hope the recoverers got it without destroying it.

#100 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,353 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:13 PM

Apparently Tommy's battle last year with the Surfside mayor and chief of police has meant that we will be heading a bit further from where they were last year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users