She sets off- Abby Sunderland

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7408 replies to this topic

#7401 Noztradamus

Noztradamus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:40 PM

so, by blathering back and forth..... are we collectively trying to get to 300 posts? 'cause, otherwise, this is as pointless as the attempt.

Had 300 by the time she reached Cabo San Lucas

http://www.thomasnelson.com/consumer/product_detail.asp?sku=1400203082&title=&author=Abby_Sunderland

See above - so how many people have flown into space and how many have done solo RTW?
This is going to be truly a work of fiction...

Sigh...

Yeah that's actually right

http://www.space.com...ace-100405.html
5 Apr 2010 ... In all, 54 women have flown in space out of the 517 people who have reached orbit

And This guy keeps a list and Alessandro Di Benedetto made it in position 176.

#7402 jerryj2me

jerryj2me

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:47 PM

5 Apr 2010 ... In all, 54 women have flown in space out of the 517 people who have reached orbit

Interesting list - and not too sure how you get onto it. Does it include just the non stop solo attempts?
For example, I didn't see Zac Sunderland on there. He did RTW with lots of stops and assistance.

I think the RTW list is missing a heap of names, not that it matters a lot in the grand scheme of things.

#7403 isma

isma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:18 PM

Interesting list - and not too sure how you get onto it. Does it include just the non stop solo attempts?
For example, I didn't see Zac Sunderland on there. He did RTW with lots of stops and assistance.

I think the RTW list is missing a heap of names, not that it matters a lot in the grand scheme of things.

Read the description above the list Jerry, specifically, no Suez or Panama Canals . Zac doesn't qualify.

#7404 jerryj2me

jerryj2me

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:48 PM

Read the description above the list Jerry, specifically, no Suez or Panama Canals . Zac doesn't qualify.

Good point, thanks - I suspect that the Abby book
got delayed because the ghost author was pulled into the higher
priority task of ghosting Saran Palin's book #2 which comes out next week.

#7405 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:55 PM

Good point, thanks - I suspect that the Abby book
got delayed because the ghost author was pulled into the higher
priority task of ghosting Saran Palin's book #2 which comes out next week.

or the Ghost author realised that there isn't enough to work with.

#7406 Bare pole

Bare pole

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:53 PM

Marianne Sunderland wrote on her Facebook Wall about the upcoming book:

"This book is shaping up to be absolutely fabulous. Lynn Vincent totally 'gets it' and is drawing wells of deep water out of Abby. God will get the glory and the truth will be told! "
Unsinkable: A Young Woman's Courageous Battle on the High Seas by Lynn Vincent, Abby Sunderland www.allbookstores.com

If you say it enough you'll start to believe it. "Drawing wells of Deep water" gawk

Hope god forgives you for risking your daughters life for Fame Greed and Avarice

#7407 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,681 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:07 PM

........."Drawing wells of Deep water" :lol:

.....more likely---''spewing buckets of horse-shit''

nothing wrong with that,I guess!! :blink:

#7408 TedProd

TedProd

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:53 PM

Hello Everyone! Hope all is well and enjoying Abby's travels and escapades.. Posted Image

I wanted to share a few things... For one, I coach my daughter in soccer and encountered Larry on the soccer field... My game had just ended and I turned around to see Larry standing right in front of me... Posted Image He looked like he had seen a ghost! I said, "hi (beat, beat) lawrence" , he simply grinned and said "good day mate". He then walked away and kept looking back at me, with an odd stare... Posted Image I later realized that one of his daughter's was in the same division as mine... We were scheduled to play the last game of the season. I was soo looking forward to it, as my team was winning by more than 5 goals in every game we played.. I could just imagine, the joy of seeing Larry and Mary on the other side of the field. Well, I guess it was "God's Will" because the game got rained out... Posted Image

FYI, I saw Larry and the Family there a couple times after that, our kids played on the same field. Abby looked like she had gained a few pounds, to say the least. I'm still confused on how she gained all that weight out at sea...

Anyway, truly amazing all the followers who get "drawn in by the wells of deep water". I occasionally get messages from "Sunderland" trolls from time to time.. http://www.facebook....57&id=757747937

#7409 Dawg Gonit

Dawg Gonit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,332 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:24 PM

Guys we are closing a few threads that are of a hellish length (5000+ posts)

Don't be shy to start a new thread and link back to this one.