#1 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,654 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:34 AM

I actually am starting to think that Russell Coutts is terrified of talking to me. He seems like a nice guy when I've spoken to him but I cannot get a camera on him - there always is someone else interviewing him or he is out of my sight. Hmmmmm....

Anyway, on the off chance that I can get him before this thing's over, post your questions for him here. Try to keep them reasonably respectful (yeah, right). If his assistant gives me the OK I will probably let her read them first, so I'll be deleting any that ask him how big his cock is or how many girls he's banged in the forepeak.

#2 wireweight

wireweight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:34 AM

What are you going to do with the boat after this debacle is over?
I've got a couple of G saved for my next 5oh so could take it off your hands, but that's probably a waste. Without buying it, how do I get a drive?

#3 DC_US55

DC_US55

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:43 AM

So assuming "Is there any truth to the rumor that you and Kristy...." or "What's the issue between you and Ernesto" are off the table.... (damn, there got the top 2) "The Alinghi cartoons seem to get to you...why do they bother you" is probably bad too...

"So assuming you guys win, you're uniquely qualified to answer this...what does Russell Coutts think the Cup races should look like in the future?"

What's the best advice you were ever given, and what advice would you give to the next generation of sailors, the kids growing up now who see these boats and are excited by them?

A two part question, what's your favorite class of boat to race, and favorite class to "sail".
That leads to: Do you like to sail, or do you like to race/compete?

Are you competitive with members of the team "off the water."

Are there any sailing goals left for Russell Coutts? What races are on his "bucket list"?

#4 Scientific Sailor

Scientific Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:17 AM

I know BOR's message since past Friday has been that they are concentrating 100% on the racing and hence are not very keen on speculating on what happens after the match. Nevertheless I would love to get an answer from one of BOR officials to whether they are going to proceed with they BoFD or CiC suits even if they win and if not why in the hell not?

Just about everyone in the AC community (and I know for a fact that this is what even some of the Team Alinghi members feel but cannot say in public) agrees that many of the SNG's actions ever since creation of CNEV have been something we must not see ever again. It is by now more than apparent that just asking nicely will not do it when dealing with people like EB or FM. We need a court order telling them that if they want to create an Alinghi Cup they just cannot use AC for it! Hope thats respectful enough for you and especially for RC

#5 ILYA_Fan

ILYA_Fan

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Scows, iceboating, bareboat charters.

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:38 AM

Does he read SA? If so, what is his moniker so we know when we see him on SA? ;)

#6 dacapo

dacapo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,623 posts
  • Interests:walks on the beach,a good book,a good cry

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:47 AM

how many times over the past 2 1/2 year have you wanted to just kick Ernesto in the balls???

#7 DC_US55

DC_US55

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:16 PM

"Rumor has it Kristy was never much of a singer...till after she met you."

#8 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,253 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:33 PM

What is the most valuable lesson you've taken from the whole AC33 clusterf**k?.

#9 bye bye

bye bye

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:53 PM

If you win the Cup in the courts with out sailing, will it feel like a victoy?
If you win the Cup in the courts having lost on the water will it feel like a victory?

What do you beleive represents the ideal Americas Cup in the spirit of it's history and tradition?
What are the differences between that and an Americas Cup as a completition representing the pinicle of competative yacht racing?

Leaving asside the history and the charracters, would you like to represetn New Zealand at the Americas Cup again? Or is that a question that is no longer relevent?

#10 bowgeezer

bowgeezer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:47 PM

If you win America's Cup, who gets to sit next to it on the plane ride home? You or Larry?

#11 meager

meager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:17 PM

It would be sweet to have RC and BB do a cocktail hour. Do you think that EB would let his dog off leash?

#12 PeterHuston

PeterHuston

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,247 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:17 PM

What is your plan for "independent management" of the Cup? And who will be candidates to chair and serve on that entity?

#13 DC_US55

DC_US55

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:34 PM

What is your plan for "independent management" of the Cup? And who will be candidates to chair and serve on that entity?

Lookin' for work, eh?

#14 garboard strake

garboard strake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:36 PM

if BMWO win... would they be willing to run a Challenger's Series if another team could be formed from the GGYC membership, as NYYC did in the past, or better yet, would they allow a Challenger Series with teams from other yacht clubs in the US?

#15 garboard strake

garboard strake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:37 PM

if BMWO win... would they be willing to run a Challenger's Series if another team could be formed from the GGYC membership, as NYYC did in the past, or better yet, would they allow a Challenger Series with teams from other yacht clubs in the US?

should have written- if GGYC, as represented by BMWO, win AC33...

#16 WetHog

WetHog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,535 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:11 PM

IF BMWO win... would they be willing to run a Defender's Series if another team could be formed from the GGYC membership, as NYYC did in the past, or better yet, would they allow a Defender Series with teams from other yacht clubs in the US?

Fixed it for you. ;)

WetHog :ph34r:

#17 Dixie

Dixie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,695 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:12 PM

As CEO of the team, but working for Larry, how much involvement does LE have in the management of the team?

How do you keep the team focused on development and racing with all of the court proceedings competing for the 'front page' of updates about BOR?

How do you like driving the Dog? Would you like to see RC44s in the next AC - or rather monohulls or multis?

We've heard from LE about the "Owner's Conference." What is your take on the invitation process and did you consider going regardless? Was the entire BOR team restricted from going? Do you feel that by not attending this hampered or buoyed support for the team?

You've had an incredible career thus far. What would you say the best moment of your sailing career has been?

#18 CheeseBurger

CheeseBurger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:38 PM

Do you think that you will still have a job with BOR is you loose AC33?
What would you do if not? Who is the next billionaire on your short list?

Putting two billionaires against each-others was your idea or Brad's? Are you guys sharing the kickbacks you get from the lawyers?

#19 LeftSA

LeftSA

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:32 PM

Does a regatta that cancels racing in 16kt breeze and 1.5m waves lose all credibility as the peak of match racing?

I've taken 10yo kids out in Wayfarers in worse conditions that that for their first ever sail fer krissakes

#20 garboard strake

garboard strake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:24 PM

IF BMWO win... would they be willing to run a Defender's Series if another team could be formed from the GGYC membership, as NYYC did in the past, or better yet, would they allow a Defender Series with teams from other yacht clubs in the US?

Fixed it for you. ;)

WetHog :ph34r:

thanks WH, suffered a brain fart there

not enough sleep, been getting up too early the last couple days... fer nuthin'...

#21 TornadoSail2016

TornadoSail2016

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:24 PM

If you win the Cup in the courts with out sailing, will it feel like a victoy?
If you win the Cup in the courts having lost on the water will it feel like a victory?

What do you beleive represents the ideal Americas Cup in the spirit of it's history and tradition?
What are the differences between that and an Americas Cup as a completition representing the pinicle of competative yacht racing?

Leaving asside the history and the charracters, would you like to represetn New Zealand at the Americas Cup again? Or is that a question that is no longer relevent?

If you win the cup on the water and the court backs you up, how would you feel?
If you win the cup on the water and loose it in court, how would you feel?
I think that both are options. What is wrong with this cup is both sides taking irresponsible stances at times. Unfortunately for me, Alinghi has been the more irresponsible of the two. It is time to get racing even if that means in high winds and uncertain seas or light and flukey winds that give challenging winds. But to race in no wind makes no sense.

#22 Scarecrow

Scarecrow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:30 PM

Russel for the benefit of both our readers/viewers and the race committee. What are the real sea and wind limits that USA is capable of racing in?

#23 LeftSA

LeftSA

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:19 AM

More interestingly - what wind limits does he think A5 has?

I doubt he'll answer, but: he stated before in a press conference that he thinks the weather will decide this cup. That means he thinks A5 has an advantage in (presumably) the light stuff. How light?

#24 Hippie

Hippie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:34 AM

If USA wins AC33 will you remain the team CEO for AC34?

#25 haha!

haha!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:00 AM

The question I would like to ask:

Do you think that Jimmy is a better driver than you were at his age?

The question you probably need to ask him:

Do you have a few couches we could crash on if this thing goes on much longer?

#26 OceanBien

OceanBien

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:05 AM

I actually am starting to think that Russell Coutts is terrified of talking to me. He seems like a nice guy when I've spoken to him but I cannot get a camera on him - there always is someone else interviewing him or he is out of my sight. Hmmmmm....

Anyway, on the off chance that I can get him before this thing's over, post your questions for him here. Try to keep them reasonably respectful (yeah, right). If his assistant gives me the OK I will probably let her read them first, so I'll be deleting any that ask him how big his cock is or how many girls he's banged in the forepeak.

I's say to "Clean-up" your questions, but that might have the opposite intended effect.
The thing is, that, our reputations precede ourselves...

#27 Barkley

Barkley

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,947 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:52 AM

As Chief Exec, what was the biggest obstacle that had to be overcome in mounting this challenge, and what exactly did you do to succeed?

How did you decide on Spithill as your helm? Wasn't it tempting to call your own number?

Who steps in if Spithill falls off the back during a tack? (There is a contingency plan, right?)

Any thoughts of a C Cat challenge?

What exactly does a Wing Caddy do?

#28 xfire

xfire

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Interests:Etchells racing<br>Jr. sailing programs<br>

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:39 AM

What is Larry's involvement in the legal strategy?

#29 ILYA_Fan

ILYA_Fan

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Scows, iceboating, bareboat charters.

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:48 AM

Would a fly on the wall during meetings of BOR's top management after the second race postponement hear cursing, grumbling or words of patience?

An aside: I really wonder what a fly on the wall of Alinghi's management meetings would be hearing today?

#30 LeftSA

LeftSA

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:56 PM

I'm guessing wing caddy=main caddy. I.e. the main trimmers beeyatch for when two hands just aren't enough.

#31 wireweight

wireweight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:17 PM

The RC44 is one of the most successful regatta / classes going - a fantastic achivement. Where else in sailing (outside the AC) do you see potential for massive improvements or unmet needs?

One accusation that could be levelled at the RC44 class is that it is elitist - that it's only for the very richest sailors willing to spend on professional crews. Do declining levels of participation in sailing at 'lower' levels concern you in terms of the future of sailing as a sport, or the sponsorship dollars now available for the 'higher' levels to use?

#32 JS_USA17

JS_USA17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:14 AM

Will Jimmy let you on the boat on Sunday?!

#33 Barkley

Barkley

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,947 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:41 AM

Race 1 on the uphill: What were the apparent wind angles with and without the jib? It seemed like you got an extra 2 or 3 degrees when you dropped the jib.

#34 Lostmydetailsagain

Lostmydetailsagain

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:53 AM

If the crew still can get the interview:

first of all congratulations on the victory. My Q:

As an engineer you must be aware of the significant loss of performance of composite structures where optical fibers for load testing etcetera are embedded within, surely increasing the overall weight of the structure. How much of a worry has that been and what sort of safety factors has that resulted in?

#35 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,654 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:35 AM

Does he read SA? If so, what is his moniker so we know when we see him on SA? ;)

1:30 we sit with Jimmy. He has read SA since the very beginning.

#36 Wacka Elvis

Wacka Elvis

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:46 AM

For RC:

Were you surprised that Alinghi did not engage (dial down / up) as the boats converged at the end of the beat in R2?

What was your role onboard during R2?

Were you surprised by how much of an edge you had on the reaching legs of R2?

#37 Lostmydetailsagain

Lostmydetailsagain

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:38 PM

For RC:

Were you surprised that Alinghi did not engage (dial down / up) as the boats converged at the end of the beat in R2?

What was your role onboard during R2?

Were you surprised by how much of an edge you had on the reaching legs of R2?

Looking at this photo (bmworacleracingblog.blogspot.com and credits in the bottom):
Posted Image
he wasn't actually on board during R2... ( http://4.bp.blogspot...100215_VLC1.jpg )

#38 pjh

pjh

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:18 PM

1. What is USA-17's displacement?
2. What is Alingi 5's displacement?
3. What was under the gray tarp on the back of USA-17?
4. What is the fastest speed ever recorded sailing USA-17?
5. How much automation is there in trimming the wing? (Is there feedback and a computer program involved?)
6. What was the active skin friction reduction system?

#39 bye bye

bye bye

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:28 PM

It was clearly some time before the boats lined up for the first race, so at what point did you know that you just had to execute in order to win?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users