#1 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,347 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:09 AM

Jimmy and me at the BMW/Oracle base today. Completely chill and a big fan of the site. Three parts, twenty-something minutes, the first one's up now.

PART 1

#2 pogen

pogen

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:25 AM

Cool, will he reveal his screen name? :P

#3 catsailor

catsailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:40 AM

Jimmy and me at the BMW/Oracle base today. Completely chill and a big fan of the site. Three parts, twenty-something minutes, the first one's up now.

PART 1

Jimmy is a badass.

#4 Dixie

Dixie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:05 AM

I'm such a geek -I'm thrilled my question about whether he used the HUD vs feel made it to Part 1! Thanks Clean.

Great interview, mellow dude. Love the way he takes every question so thoughtfully and answers so comprehensively.

Congrats again to BOR and the Clean Team!

#5 glowmaster

glowmaster

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Trimarans, Windsurfing, SUP.
    The ultimate trifecta.

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:07 AM

Nice interview, Clean. Enjoyed it more than all the press conferences. Good onya!

Jimmy is one interesting dude, and seems really down to earth.

glowingly,

ed

#6 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:07 AM

Jamie, cool as ever. And yes Spits is was exciting to be here.

#7 Taniwha.

Taniwha.

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:43 AM

Wow! You call him 'Jamie' and 'Spits'?!!! That is totally cool. You must be very good friends with him. Does he let you lick his ass clean after taking a shit?

#8 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,347 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:53 AM

#9 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,347 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:10 AM

Part 3:

#10 MauganNacra20

MauganNacra20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:26 AM

Excelllent interview Clean.

Now go lick a choad :P

#11 thundertyphoon

thundertyphoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:29 AM

Great interview. Spithill's humility is such a refreshing change in the America's Cup game.

#12 mustang__1

mustang__1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,195 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:32 AM

clean, slap whoever was doing the tech stuff... Pete? clean the damn lens, fix the damn mic's...

#13 the rev. petey

the rev. petey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:44 AM

clean, slap whoever was doing the tech stuff... Pete? clean the damn lens, fix the damn mic's...

The lens was clean....had to deal with shitty lighting ...they stuffed us into the back part of the room so I had to shoot into the sun....beleive me it pissed me off more than anything...the audio was another story....jimmy's mic was picking up everything in the room.....it was what it was..

#14 Ancient_Mariner

Ancient_Mariner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,644 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:59 AM

And then there was the 2 9v Spanish batteries for $30 problem...

DOA Batteries Inc, I think.

#15 mustang__1

mustang__1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,195 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:03 AM

The lens was clean....had to deal with shitty lighting ...they stuffed us into the back part of the room so I had to shoot into the sun....beleive me it pissed me off more than anything...the audio was another story....jimmy's mic was picking up everything in the room.....it was what it was..

haha, alright man, if you say so. But it sounded like the problem was on clean's mic, couldnt hear half the stuff he said.

edit: CECASA!!!

#16 the rev. petey

the rev. petey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:03 AM

And then there was the 2 9v Spanish batteries for $30 problem...

DOA Batteries Inc, I think.

biggest problem with that was the fact that the stores are never open....so I couldnt send someone to buy more shitty batteries.......but we made it work...didnt we?

#17 the rev. petey

the rev. petey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:05 AM

haha, alright man, if you say so. But it sounded like the problem was on clean's mic, couldnt hear half the stuff he said.

really? Ill go back and recheck that...Im gonna edit that shit...it was pretty much slammed through the pipeline as soon as we got back to the apt....

#18 luminary

luminary

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:16 AM

well done Clean and Co. That was an good interview. Great questions. Video quality was fine.

#19 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,347 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:31 AM

Go get a couple of phone books to sit on so your ears can get closer to the speakers.

#20 bottlerocket

bottlerocket

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:41 AM

Great interview, one of many. Thanks for all the entertainment. Spithill is a class guy.

I think Jimmy was giving you a bit of a quizzical look when you asked how can make sailing less political. Kind of like: what you're asking me? SA pretty much feeds off and stokes the political shit.

#21 Swanno (Ohf Shore)

Swanno (Ohf Shore)

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,782 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:49 AM

10 years ago (shit!) when I was back in year 11, I had an assignment through school which involved me having to write a feature about a subject of our choice. As a AC junkie I wrote a 3 page article regarding how under-rated the Americas Cup was/is.
Through a variety of sources I managed to get James’s email address and asked him a few questions and got his option on the topic as he was fresh out of driving the Young Australia 2000 team in New Zealand. I was somewhat thrilled to firstly get a response but also got some great paragraphs for my article. He come across as an average joe sort bloke who was humble and down to earth which was great to see for an impressionable 15/16 year old.

I managed to get a C on the article (didn’t get on with the teacher), but it was published in the November 2000 edition Australian Sailing which said enough for me.

#22 the rev. petey

the rev. petey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:58 AM

re looking at the Spithill interview now...i guess in the the rush to post it some audio was dropped...ill repost asap...

#23 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,347 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:59 AM

send scot the updated links please petey. I'm going to bed.

And bailey, please send me an email at clean@sailinganarchy.com SA's PM system is fukt and I wanna make sure I can get my car out of yer garage. Thanks bro!

#24 the rev. petey

the rev. petey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:07 AM

audio fixed, just a couple clicks of the mouse......
will be re uploading and relinking as soon as youtube processes....

#25 Mexican

Mexican

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:37 AM

Jimmy is the man!

AC33 brought together the "perfect storm" of Jimmy, Larry and Russell. Lethal combination.

Nice work Al.

Mex

#26 mustang__1

mustang__1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,195 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:48 AM

Go get a couple of phone books to sit on so your ears can get closer to the speakers.

oh for fucks sake...

nice interview anyway. Wish i had thought of some questions before hand in the thread where you pooled us for questions. would have been neat to know exactly what information was being displayed on the screen at any given time (have heard, and would assume, that it changed for different points during the race).

#27 mr_fabulous

mr_fabulous

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:28 AM

Clean,

Nice display of aplomb by JS. Refreshing also to see how disengaged JS was regarding the 10 months of nonsense that preceded the event.

What I thought was interesting was his comment that Coutt's role made quite a difference; by allowing the BMW Oracle team to concentrate on learning to sail their new rig, they may have gained quite a big advantage overall. By comparison, I think EB's tenacious management regarding leading arguments were probably a big distraction for him and his team in their preparation for the event.

#28 InNeedOfSomeRestraint

InNeedOfSomeRestraint

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Apart from sailing? Photography, Camping & Skiing.

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:32 AM

Part 3:

A Howard Stern fan, damn, Jimmy gets better day after day. Now if he'd only leak to us what his SA handle is...

Next mic purchase: http://www.bhphotovi..._G3_Series.html

I use the setup nearly every day and the quality just doesn't get better.

#29 thefuture

thefuture

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Sailboat Restoration, racing!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:59 AM

Clean, you may have a future in this after all. Let's all pitch in for better equipment and keep Clean around. Edge of my seat stuff.

#30 Angry Dolphin

Angry Dolphin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:38 AM

Clean, tilt the mic TOWARDS the interviewee after asking the question. We'll be able to hear their words that way.

Nice interview, but you are getting soft, the pussy-fication of SA is now apparently insured.

"Love you brother?"

ferfucksakes

#31 Just Bob

Just Bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:19 AM

A Howard Stern fan, damn, Jimmy gets better day after day. Now if he'd only leak to us what his SA handle is...

Hmmm.... What would be the Sailing alternative for THE STIG

#32 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:09 AM

Wow! You call him 'Jamie' and 'Spits'?!!! That is totally cool. You must be very good friends with him. Does he let you lick his ass clean after taking a shit?

And you are NOOB? He's a local what can I say.

#33 BAR KARATE

BAR KARATE

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  • Interests:Alcoholic with a Sailing Problem

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:24 AM

He might be a legend but we still awarded him the Golden Pillow in a Coffs Race , I don't think I could even sleep for 12hrs ;)

#34 Captain Pimp

Captain Pimp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:33 AM

Good work in jagging the JS interview. But if you wanna get big names in the future, you better get someone who knows a thing or two about Audio, jacks and mics. I think the entire OTWA was sabotaged with AV gremlins. But hey, I'm sure you guys know all this. 6/10
The only thing you may not know is
" How fucking disgusting it looked seeing Clean smoking a fag in front of the camera". Clean up you act man, that was ultra amatuer!!! 1/10

Smoke what you want, just keep it out of the lens................unless your one of the Capt Pimps girls on the casting couch ;)

#35 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,347 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:17 AM

I think Jimmy was giving you a bit of a quizzical look when you asked how can make sailing less political. Kind of like: what you're asking me? SA pretty much feeds off and stokes the political shit.

Jimmy grabbed me during the victory party on Sunday night to set up this interview - actually he grabbed me and Mer and brought us upstairs to meet his wife up at the 'friends and family' party that Jane and Tom Ehman had booted us from just minutes before, having banished us to the media and lower-level team party below. The conversation we had was hilarious. "Do you know that I listen to Howard Stern every day for about three hours?" he said. "And that's why I love you guys - because you're just like Howard. You say what YOU think you should, not what anyone tells you to. Right or wrong, your honesty is what makes you great."
I explained that not only did I grow up on Howard's antics, but that in fact he grew up less than two miles from my house and went to my high school. "People have called me the Howard Stern of sailing," I said. "And I think they mean it as an insult." I explained how simple things could be when someone thinks they are insulting me but actually I am complimented. But anyway, our drunken conversation touched on racing politics, yacht clubs, slow boats vs fast ones, and much more - suffice to say that he understands very well that if it weren't for all the bullshit and politics, there would be no reason for Sailing Anarchy and the site would never have exploded the way that it has. "Don't ever stop doing what you do," is how he said good night.

And then I had to go scrape Aaron off the ground after he was tossed from the party downstairs.

#36 the rev. petey

the rev. petey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:44 AM

Part 1 and 2 of the Spithill Interview with a minute or two of audio love.

OTWA Interview With James Spithill pt 1 (fixed) -Layline 33rd America's Cup Anarchy From Valencia
OTWA Interview With James Spithill pt. 2 (fixed)-Layline 33rd America's Cup Anarchy From Valencia

just rescued the part two of our interview with VPLP's Vincent Lauriot Prévost...i will post asap

#37 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,347 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:59 AM

is part 3 fine or are you working on that one too?

#38 the rev. petey

the rev. petey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:07 PM

is part 3 fine or are you working on that one too?

part 3 was fine

#39 moondawg

moondawg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:47 PM

Great interview. Thanks! What a down to earth guy.

#40 BoomerangJ

BoomerangJ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:55 PM

One of the best interviews I've seen and the best ever on SA. That was great stuff. Gives me hope that the next cup will really be something special.
Great job SA! (Yeah the audio was a little annoying-I didn't want to miss any of this captivating interview)

#41 robalex117

robalex117

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:39 PM

Best SA interview ever. Clean did not ramble on but asked a short question and let Jimmy talk. Sound was great, except for a few times it went out and the camera was steady.

But best of all the content was the best.

#42 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,138 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:51 PM

Oustanding work all around. Well done and congrats to everyone, even if you didn't do the pepper spray in Ernie's face trick (weak. Very weak). Thank you all.

#43 SailRacer

SailRacer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:21 PM

Very nice job on that innerview.

Sail safe!

#44 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,347 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:37 PM

Clean, tilt the mic TOWARDS the interviewee after asking the question. We'll be able to hear their words that way.

Nice interview, but you are getting soft, the pussy-fication of SA is now apparently insured.

"Love you brother?"

ferfucksakes

you have got more fucking sock puppets than Mr. Rogers.

Regardless, a guy like Jimmy is easy to love, and if you think this is bad, you should have seen us hugging during the drunken night before.

He told me many times that he is a huge fan of the site and of my work, and he's certainly got a loyal fan in me, and if the fact that I will say so makes me a pussy, so be it.

But it is damned good to have a real friend who just happens to be the best match racer in the world.

#45 Foghorn77

Foghorn77

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:45 PM

Oustanding work all around. Well done and congrats to everyone, even if you didn't do the pepper spray in Ernie's face trick (weak. Very weak). Thank you all.

Agreed. The SA crew did a great job under less than ideal circumstances. JC kinda sounds like a cross between Gary Jobson and cam lewis... :lol: :P JUST KIDDING!!! JC did a great job made all of us Beachcatters proud.

So Clean,
What A race are you planning on doing? If it's Admirals cup( good choice) we'll see ya there.
Maybe you can get a CECASA battery sponsorship, although that would probably mean you'd need a tow mid race.

#46 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:50 PM

"Love you brother?"

ferfucksakes

you have got more fucking sock puppets than Mr. Rogers.

Regardless, a guy like Jimmy is easy to love, and if you think this is bad, you should have seen us hugging during the drunken night before.

He told me many times that he is a huge fan of the site and of my work, and he's certainly got a loyal fan in me, and if the fact that I will say so makes me a pussy, so be it.

But it is damned good to have a real friend who just happens to be the best match racer in the world.

Pussy!

#47 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,347 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:05 PM

Agreed. The SA crew did a great job under less than ideal circumstances. JC kinda sounds like a cross between Gary Jobson and cam lewis... :lol: :P JUST KIDDING!!! JC did a great job made all of us Beachcatters proud.

So Clean,
What A race are you planning on doing? If it's Admirals cup( good choice) we'll see ya there.
Maybe you can get a CECASA battery sponsorship, although that would probably mean you'd need a tow mid race.

If you jackasses will find me a Marstrom to sail at Admiral's Cup I am going to come in two days early to train with Lars. Moonie is on it and I am fully game, though I told him it would probably be smarter for me to have adjustable traps to begin with. Then again the comic relief would be better without wouldn't it.

I told Goran too. He was very excited (for Goran).

And thanks for the props. JC is the shiznit.

#48 born2sail

born2sail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,782 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:08 PM

Clean!

That was a first class interview. Part three and the discussion about women in sailing was particularly good.

If people weren't savvy to Jimmy Spithill before, they now have some insight into the kind of guy he is and I'm sure your interview increased his fan base a bunch.

SA coverage of the AC was terrific and your work was great. I haven't been a member of your fan club, but now I'm thinking about paying my dues. Good job, Clean.

#49 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,347 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:16 PM

Clean!

That was a first class interview. Part three and the discussion about women in sailing was particularly good.

If people weren't savvy to Jimmy Spithill before, they now have some insight into the kind of guy he is and I'm sure your interview increased his fan base a bunch.

SA coverage of the AC was terrific and your work was great. I haven't been a member of your fan club, but now I'm thinking about paying my dues. Good job, Clean.

Thanks B2S - really, thanks. We've missed you around here and I am happy to know that I helped you enjoy what truly was an amazing spectacle. It was ugly and dirty in many ways but still probably one of the really compelling stories of the sport in ages. I'll be putting together a detailed index to everything we did - between our work, that of the Anacortes, San Diego, and Valencia Anarchists, and that of the BMW/Oracle broadcast team, there certainly has never been a Cup as well documented as this one and we're proud that our stuff was probably the best of all of it.

And after 2 weeks and maybe 100 cumulative hours of sleep for all six of us, we are looking forward to a nice rest. Thanks again.

#50 the rev. petey

the rev. petey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:13 PM

VPLP is tricklin thru the pipeline....as I mentioned I was able to salvage the second part of the interview, I felt like McGyver getting that thing to work.....the tape looks like I feel..all twisted, crumpled and creased.

linkies soon.

The God Damned Reverend
and new CECASA Spokesperson

clean come pick us up and give us a ride to the bar

#51 StayinStrewn

StayinStrewn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, snowboarding, hockey

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:14 PM

nice work Clean...

#52 yahmes

yahmes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:18 PM

Compliments, very nice interview, almost classy. I didn't expect that from what I've seen of your work before! I liked the audio background cuts at the beginning and end. And I guess Pete (the cameraman?) is on a learning curve about photography and getting his kit ready ready for snafu's. Keep it up folks, love it.

#53 the rev. petey

the rev. petey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:56 PM

Compliments, very nice interview, almost classy. I didn't expect that from what I've seen of your work before! I liked the audio background cuts at the beginning and end. And I guess Pete (the cameraman?) is on a learning curve about photography and getting his kit ready ready for snafu's. Keep it up folks, love it.

actually been shooting forever,...you think the 6 of us can ever be on time somewhere..ha!..Not a lot of time for trouble shooting.....Yesterdays interviews bummed me out the most cuz both of them suffered a bit..I should have totally overruled the BMW peeps and moved the interview but they werent really receptive to that. ...I must have got too much sleep....I seem to shine with little or none.

anyway, once I get back to the office and start spending more than 10 minutes editing ...the final product will more than make up for it...wait till you see the shots I got when I poached the stage.....
Attached File  AC33_stage.tiff   908.41K   152 downloads

#54 the rev. petey

the rev. petey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:02 PM

VPLP Interviews

OTWA Interviews Vincent Lauriot Prévost pt 1-Layline 33rd America's Cup Anarchy From Valencia

OTWA Interviews Vincent Lauriot Prévost pt 2-Layline 33rd America's Cup Anarchy From Valencia

OTWA Interviews Vincent Lauriot Prévost pt 3-Layline 33rd America's Cup Anarchy From Valencia

#55 Dixie

Dixie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:06 PM

Is this the place for pats on the back?

Your preparation for this interview with Spithill was fantastic - as mentioned above, he was at ease and frank making for an interesting chat. Really good to see mostly short questions and long answers.

Genny - great writing and great reporting. Really good to see your energy and knowledge applied to covering this regatta. Your writing organization and analysis was refreshing.

Petey and his #2 guy (aaron?) also did a bang up job working within often very unusual parameters. I look forward to his post production work, which is where he really rocks it.

John - compelling commentating on the multi-hulls. I learned a lot listening to your views, b/c before all of this I knew next to nothing about them.

Mer - Great shots...I imagine we'll see more as things wrap up.

Great work to all of you on the SA team in Valencia. With VO and LE on for the next round, I've no doubt your exposure potential will be much greater and that with like 2 years more advance notice, you'll be able to set up a great production. Congrats.

#56 otwa bandanaman

otwa bandanaman

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:13 PM

#57 the rev. petey

the rev. petey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:19 PM

Whooooaaaa.....first things first..Aaron aint my guy..although number 2 does come to mind Ha ha. ...just kidding, Aaron has to deal with a lot of shit that frankly I just wouldnt' do like when we put him in the spider hole for 6 hrs.....I think the team that Cleanie assembled was awesome..its not often 6 people can be together in relatively tight living conditions working the grueling hours that we all put in this week with out someone going postal...well clean did yesterday...but anyway, the team was awesome, I hope we can assemble this same group for the next big event.
I had an amazing time even though I didnt get the shots i normally get on the course..I cant wait to rock out on the recap and show some of the funniest parts of the week.

Thanks Dixie...

petey

#58 Foghorn77

Foghorn77

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:24 PM

Whooooaaaa.....first things first..Aaron aint my guy..although number 2 does come to mind Ha ha. ...just kidding, Aaron has to deal with a lot of shit that frankly I just wouldnt' do like when we put him in the spider hole for 6 hrs.....I think the team that Cleanie assembled was awesome..its not often 6 people can be together in relatively tight living conditions working the grueling hours that we all put in this week with out someone going postal...well clean did yesterday...but anyway, the team was awesome, I hope we can assemble this same group for the next big event.
I had an amazing time even though I didnt get the shots i normally get on the course..I cant wait to rock out on the recap and show some of the funniest parts of the week.

Thanks Dixie...

petey

Excellent job Petey, as usual.
If your close enough to drunkboy, smack him upside his baldhead for me, he deserves it.

#59 the rev. petey

the rev. petey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:29 PM

Thanks Dixie...

petey

Excellent job Petey, as usual.
If your close enough to drunkboy, smack him upside his baldhead for me, he deserves it.

done, and done, and done again

#60 Remodel

Remodel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • Interests:Sailboat racing and long distance cruising

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:34 PM

Thanks Dixie...

petey

Details, details!

Oh, pics or it never happened...

#61 Dixie

Dixie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:39 PM

Thanks Dixie...

petey

Do have this on video?

Sorry for the confusion re Aaron - all of you did great.

#62 Rastariquette

Rastariquette

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:45 PM

well done Clean and Co. That was an good interview. Great questions. Video quality was fine.

I agree, that was a good interview but you better give the cam and mic to somebody who know how to use it..... :P

#63 jjhplus9

jjhplus9

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:53 PM

10 years ago (shit!) when I was back in year 11, I had an assignment through school which involved me having to write a feature about a subject of our choice. As a AC junkie I wrote a 3 page article regarding how under-rated the Americas Cup was/is.
Through a variety of sources I managed to get James's email address and asked him a few questions and got his option on the topic as he was fresh out of driving the Young Australia 2000 team in New Zealand. I was somewhat thrilled to firstly get a response but also got some great paragraphs for my article. He come across as an average joe sort bloke who was humble and down to earth which was great to see for an impressionable 15/16 year old.

I managed to get a C on the article (didn't get on with the teacher), but it was published in the November 2000 edition Australian Sailing which said enough for me.

Ohf Shore: Got a link? I would read it, it would be interesting context and background for this interview.

Clean: Nice work. Jimmy seems as cool calm and down to earth as when I raced against him on 1720s back in 2000

#64 Goff

Goff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:59 PM

PART 1

That was a great interview Clean! Nicely done.

#65 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,138 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:48 PM

Do have this on video?

This Could Be It

#66 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:54 PM

PART 1

That was a great interview Clean! Nicely done.

It really was an excellent and timely interview; I appreciated being able to see someone talk to the man who helmed Dogzilla to near perfection and brought the Cup back to America. I couldn't believe it when he said that those two races were the first time he had ever helmed the boat around a course, and check me if I am wrong, they constituted the majority time he had been able to spend at the very uniquely placed helm of USA-17. That makes his perfectly brass balls at the helm, in addition to the historic fact of forcing a penalty in every race, even more awesome an accomplishment on a boat that knows no equal in the world of sailing. Bravo to Spithill, and a kudos also to Clean & crew.

#67 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:00 PM

onya JS

"yeah mate...yer more than welcome. We'll get the tent set up for ya"

classic

#68 liquorpig

liquorpig

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Interests:Rum, Sailing w/ Rum, short girls on stillts.

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:52 AM

Wow- Clean takes the "man crush" to a whole new level. And please don't threaten us with the image of you actually trying to sail.

Anywho- not bad production for an ego driven drunken hack. :D

#69 eric e

eric e

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,484 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:56 AM

i hope you're gunna tri for a view with big bad brad when he's free of bertie's clutches

but i presume comical lucien will have organised a delayed payment program and a non-disclosure document:o(

how old will be when that runs out!

#70 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:07 PM

Check me if I am wrong, however I don't believe you derogatory childishly insulting assholes noticed this story on your storied competition Scuttlebutt. You know, the same who had a man actually stand up to Cheesy at the press conference and ask him if he had just said what he had just said about the New York courts having awarded the Cup to America by corruption. Cheesy smiled and said with a straight face, no those are your words not mine, while the scuttlebutt reporter was basically repeating what that questionably honest billionaire owner had just asserted.

This takes the cake. America's Cup in America forever. Take that world.

"A BIT OF A MUTINY"
By Stuart Streuli, Sailing World
New Zealander Harold Bennett was the principal race officer for the 33rd
America's Cup.
However, the Swiss team on Alinghi 5 didn't want to race (on Sunday),
feeling most likely that the waves were too high, and relayed that to
members of the Société Nautique de Genève working on the race committee
boat. What happened next is just one last piece of absurdity in what has
been a fairly unique chapter in the history of the America's Cup.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
* Harold, what happened on the boat when you tried to start Race 2? Is it
true that the SNG members on the boat refused to perform their jobs?

HAROLD BENNETT: We had a bit of a mutiny. I don't think SNG wanted to go, so
they decided they weren't going to do flags. So Tom [Ehman, BMW Oracle
Racing's head of external affairs] took the AP down and my boat driver,
who's also an international umpire, he shot up forward and did the rest of
the signals.

* Does this stray into Rule 69 territory? Would you normal write a report
for ISAF?

HAROLD BENNETT: Yes I do have to and obviously that's going to be included
in any report. That's what you do, you've got outline what's going on on the
boat, whether it's good or bad.

* When you said, 'Let's get this race off.' They just said, 'We're not doing
it.'? No reason?

HAROLD BENNETT: Well one guy was over my shoulder, telling me that the waves
were too big, that the boats were going to break. I just said, I don't
believe that. I know that boat boats when they were going upwind the alarms
were going off. I understand that, I was told by the sailors of both teams
afterward, last night. They were taking a little bit of strain. But crikey,
if the boats are that flimsy, I guess it's a problem, isn't it.

Complete interview on Sailing World's America's Cup micro-site (dated
February 16, 2010): http://tinyurl.com/ye9fyej

What cave you been sleepin in Ducky? There are at least 3 threads on this in the AC forum, knucklehead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users