• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Stiffler's Mom

Stiffler's Mom

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Interests:Fuck you you nosy bastard...

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:25 PM

Ok, Who is gonna win what class.

Vipers- Bliksem guys, J80's- Darden or Klingler

#2 Footlong

Footlong

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts
  • Interests:Member # 175

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:54 PM

Vipers- Bliksem guys, J80's- Darden or Klingler

Storck

#3 Spyder

Spyder

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:46 AM

Napoleon and Saildry in the M-24

#4 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,755 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:30 AM

J80's- Darden or Klingler

Storck

JS jr

#5 ultraracer613um

ultraracer613um

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:01 AM

Vipers - i say the boston's in Jackpot.

#6 ovclampett

ovclampett

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:25 AM

John White is a bad azz also you cant count him out!

#7 Mambo Kings

Mambo Kings

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:22 AM

Blixem doesn't need or want to be in the limelight. They decided to come down and play in the Vipers after a particularly fine couple of bottles of red wine at lunch at Rubys Oyster House in Rye. Its a break from the grand prix stuff in the Melges 32. Its for fun. They are jumping into a chartered boat with borrowed sails. They'll do well because they are good sailors, but taking life too seriously at the expense of Goslings is not on the agenda.

Favorites will include

Jackpot - Lee, Eric and Brad, fresh from winning NAs and Bacardi Race Week
Tac Boston - Watch brotherly luv go out the window Brad! Tac is a multi NA champion in various and world champ in Sonars
David Guggenheim, Mark G and Ethan Bixby - Winners at CRW last year. Ethan is multi 5-0-5 champion. Ethan and David are FAST.
Justin Scott, Ben Ainslie and Scott West - Membership of RTYC (sponsor of Team Origin) has its privileges.
Dave Nickeson + Moise Solomon - Very fast in every tier one regatta last summer, + they've got full support from Evolution at this regatta
Phil Lotz, Wendy and Rodriguez - Here for some lighthearted racing, but smokin talent.
Cate and Rick Jarchow on the new Team Rattler - These guys are pros who have come to play. Watch out!
Rob Gorman Jr - Soon as he gets used to a carbon stick, he will be up there. A top jnr sailor who was rattling a few cages with an old aluminum mast at the last couple of regattas and now has a carbon stick.

Posted Image Just kidding about my crew. Wrong Ben. Caught your attention though.

#8 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,659 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:31 AM

Blixem doesn't need or want to be in the limelight. They decided to come down and play in the Vipers after a particularly fine couple of bottles of red wine at lunch at Rubys Oyster House in Rye. Its a break from the grand prix stuff in the Melges 32. Its for fun. They are jumping into a chartered boat with borrowed sails. They'll do well because they are good sailors, but taking life too seriously at the expense of Goslings is not on the agenda.

Favorites will include

Tac Boston - Watch brotherly luv go out the window Brad! Tac is a multi NA champion in various and world champ in Sonars
David Guggenheim, Mark G and Ethan Bixby - Winners at CRW last year. Ethan is multi 5-0-5 champion. Ethan and David are FAST.
Justin Scott, Ben Ainslie and Scott West - Membership of RTYC (sponsor of Team Origin) has its privileges.
Dave Nickeson + Moise Solomon - Very fast in every tier one regatta last summer, + they've got full support from Evolution at this regatta
Phil Lotz, Wendy and Rodriguez - Here for some lighthearted racing, but smokin talent.
Cate and Rick Jarchow on the new Team Rattler - These guys are pros who have come to play. Watch out!
Rob Gorman Jr - Soon as he gets used to a carbon stick, he will be up there. A top jnr sailor who was rattling a few cages with an old aluminum mast at the last couple of regattas and now has a carbon stick.

Posted Image Just kidding about my crew. Wrong Ben. Caught your attention though.

Now THAT would be a story. And a correction: Of the Boston brothers, only Tac is a World Champ, also in the Sonar. Rattler will get smoked though I can't wait to see Cate, and Bliksem is all-fun off the water but I would not be surprised IN THE LEAST if they go and win this one. That crew is scary, and when they get to the line there are few more obsessively competitive than Piet. I say your top 4 up there are solid, though put Bliksem in there with Jackpot, yourself, and Guggs for the top four spots. I'd say Bliksem to win but not without someone that knows the harbor, and I'd pick you if you had Ainslie...so let's just give this one to my pals on the Jackpot, then Bliksem, then Scott, then Guggs but with less than five points between the top four boats. Make it happen!

#9 SailRacer

SailRacer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:56 AM

I will bet that the Gosling's Girl will be hit on.

Sail safe!

#10 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,659 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:07 PM

If anyone wants to go practice with a couple of great sailors in solid breeze and 80 degrees today around 1 PM, email me right away. Viper 640.

clean@sailinganarchy.com

#11 RCH

RCH

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

Darn it that sounds like fun.

On a different note, I'll be at the regatta site Friday and Saturday (Have to fly out Sunday). If anyone needs a filler for either day, drop me a line. Cat 1, Exp in everything from Lasers to M32s (Ramrod) to Tp 52s. I prefer back-up foreguy cleater, but I'll take anything to get out on the water in C-Town.

Ray Wulff

#12 Old Motel

Old Motel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:05 PM

J80's- Darden or Klingler

Storck

JS jr

#13 Old Motel

Old Motel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:21 PM

True that
What they said

#14 RockHead

RockHead

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:37 PM

Rattler will get smoked though I can't wait to see Cate, and Bliksem is all-fun off the water but I would not be surprised IN THE LEAST if they go and win this one.

Give 'em a chance, I'm not sailing! :lol:

Sorry I'm going to miss it, but I'm crazy busy, April is the #1 month for Flexofold, plus I have the Strictly Sail Pacific show next week. :( At least I'll get to harass Schoonerman!

#15 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,659 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:07 PM

we'll miss ya dan

#16 Yellow submarine

Yellow submarine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:40 PM

Favorites will include

Did not know that Cate and Rick had married, good luck to them! And as for the comment on pros, is that short for prostitutes?

#17 InNeedOfSomeRestraint

InNeedOfSomeRestraint

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Apart from sailing? Photography, Camping & Skiing.

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:17 PM

I only have adequate knowledge to place bets in two classes

IRC - Vincitore
J/105 - Eclipse

If Pugwash was still entered I would peg them for IRC but I guess that they pulled out.

#18 Footlong

Footlong

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts
  • Interests:Member # 175

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:24 AM

IRC - Vincitore
J/105 - Eclipse

If Pugwash was still entered I would peg them for IRC but I guess that they pulled out.

I can live with this.

#19 echo

echo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Interests:sailing, cycling and watching my kids grow

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:38 PM

FYI: I got a rather good recommendation from friend "in the know" that a good to great band is playing at the Dog House Saturday night. They are out of the New Orleans area and are on an East Coast swing.

They play and record with Sam Bush if that gives you any kind indication of the music type: New Grass, Rock, Reggae, Originals and Cover...

#20 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,699 posts
  • Interests:cycling, skiing and depressing the competition on the race course

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:47 PM

IRC - Vincitore
J/105 - Eclipse

I can live with this.

If you don't win thea hack 6 boat class dump the boat on 95 on the way back.
GO THE BOBBLING!

#21 Mambo Kings

Mambo Kings

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:27 AM

Agreed. Blixem came here to play but when the Prep signal sounds and Pieter's pulse quickens, they are going to be competing. They are the best in the world in one of the most competitive classes in the world so despite lack of time in boat and plenty of time with rum in hand, they will be right there. After practise yesterday, Pieter's first remark? "Fantastic boats. " So I figure they are up to speed.

Jackpot - (Brad Boston, Lee Shuckrow, Eric W)
Black mamba - Guggenheim + Bixby + Mark,
Blixem.
Arethusa - Phil & Wendy Lotz + Rodrigez

Them there are going to be a lot of folks flirting with the top 5. Never , ever rule out 3 Grins Nickerson/Solomon. Ben and I will be trying for it. Tac will surely be there. Paul Young was rigging the Rondar "works" boat this morning, so if he is driving there is another front runnner right there. Rob Gorman jr has won a lot of Viper races. I also predict there will be at least one suprise dark horse from all the newcomers.

Let's get it on!

#22 stocksail

stocksail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:36 PM

racing, women, rum & wind..... why did I want a day-job again? In hindsight it seems like a bad decision :P

#23 GybeSetŪ

GybeSetŪ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,230 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:45 AM

.... Rob Gorman Jr - Soon as he gets used to a carbon stick, he will be up there. A top jnr sailor who was rattling a few cages with an old aluminum mast at the last couple of regattas and now has a carbon stick ...

I think he just got used to it, bullet in race 3, go the kid

5. 47 USA 98 Quiq Rob Gorman Jr. 4 12 1 4 Total 21.0

#24 Mambo Kings

Mambo Kings

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:29 AM

Never , ever rule out 3 Grins Nickerson/Solomon.

3 Grins in second place after Day One.

#25 InNeedOfSomeRestraint

InNeedOfSomeRestraint

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Apart from sailing? Photography, Camping & Skiing.

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:31 AM

Looks like I was right in my bet for the IRC division. I tied for right with the 105's.

Good going Arethusa!

#26 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,699 posts
  • Interests:cycling, skiing and depressing the competition on the race course

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

Looks like I was right in my bet for the IRC division. I tied for right with the 105's.

Good going Arethusa!

They didn't tie, They lost the tie breaker so you are wrong. 2nd is the first loser

#27 joydot

joydot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:52 PM

I am dropping these at the bottom of all of the links cause I am too tired to see if Anybody put this out so I have no idea if anybody knew they had offshore coverage available all week. I never saw any link on the CRW front page and there are so many links on the yachtscoring page, I don't know if anyone really listened...or cared.

Offshore Circle 3 Blog:Circle 3 Blog
Pictures of Offshore Circle 3:Circle 3 Photos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users