#101 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:yes

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:19 PM

A couple of photos of USA 806. Bad camera phone, bad light,...Here is a link to the photos from this morning. Better photos soon...

The boat pretty much ready to sail. We still need the 2 cabin roof windows, the Pogo 2 sticker (which will put on this morning), and some electrical to finish.

Today is the first test sail with our sailmaker (UK from San Francisco - Sylvain Barrielle).

Saturday is our first test sail, continuing Sunday and Monday.

If you'd like to try the boat, get in touch with us.

More photos and hopefully videos after the sail today. We hope to get a little breeze.

Cheers

jerome

Attached File  IMG_1475.jpg   100.72K   252 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1479.jpg   129.39K   262 downloads

#102 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:43 AM

Here we go...first photo of USA maiden voyage...full report and hopefully cool video coming soon.

Cheers

Jerome
Pogo 2
USA 806
Attached File  USA806_Pogo2_1.jpg   260.93K   188 downloads

Attached File  USA806_Pogo2_2.jpg   313.61K   218 downloads

Attached File  USA806_Pogo2_3.jpg   272.31K   226 downloads

Attached File  USA806_Pogo2_4.jpg   155.78K   241 downloads

Attached File  USA806_Pogo2_5.jpg   139.25K   251 downloads

Attached File  USA806_Pogo2_6.jpg   206.13K   248 downloads

#103 NAMT

NAMT

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:47 AM

Looks like a really nice day for a ride on a brand Mini.

What brand Fluo red/orange paint are you using on the rudders?
The UK aspi looks good - how big is it?

#104 Koh Samia

Koh Samia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:31 AM

Very nice pictures! Can't wait to see the video! ;-)

#105 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:23 PM

Looks like a really nice day for a ride on a brand Mini.

What brand Fluo red/orange paint are you using on the rudders?
The UK aspi looks good - how big is it?

The spinnaker is a light air, mast head spinnaker. We decided to keep it "small" with 775 square feet and will therefore be able to use the sail up to 25 knots of wind. Above 25 knots, and until we decide to add a heavy fractional spinnaker to our inventory, we can always use the Code 0. The only downside is we won't be able to sail as deep downwind.

For the antifouling paint (hull or foils), we have chosen e-paint. We have found epaint easy to use and the results are very nice. The paint cures well and is strong. The shine on the foils is very nice. on both USA 804 and 806, we didn't have to wet sand the foils. Plus epaint is copper free and water based. The only inconvenient in a manufacturing point of view is the time between coats (longer than other paints), but worth it.

Cheers

jerome

#106 LeoV

LeoV

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

Congratulations for the builders :)

#107 Ultraman

Ultraman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:34 PM

For the antifouling paint (hull or foils), we have chosen e-paint. We have found epaint easy to use and the results are very nice. The paint cures well and is strong. The shine on the foils is very nice. on both USA 804 and 806, we didn't have to wet sand the foils. Plus epaint is copper free and water based. The only inconvenient in a manufacturing point of view is the time between coats (longer than other paints), but worth it.

Will the boat live on the hard or in the water?

Boat looks great by the way. What is the lead time on orders?

#108 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:49 PM

Will the boat live on the hard or in the water?

Boat looks great by the way. What is the lead time on orders?

Thanks!
The boat will live in the water. We will keep the bottom paint clean and see how it ages. Lead time on orders is currently 2 months. We are getting a little bit faster at building, but we want to build quality boats first. Lead time might increase a bit when orders get confirmed...but as of today, 2 months is definitely realistic for us.

#109 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:04 AM

A little teaser until we come up with a longer video, hopefully after our first race this weekend.

#110 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:18 PM

Hello everyone,

some news from our Mini World:
USA 806 took the start earlier this month of the first race of the Whitney Times Bogart Series...but never finished. Read more by following this link..

Last weekend, we decided to keep the boat at the dock and not check "how well it would do in 35+ knots of breeze". The race, organized by PSSALA, is a race from Marina Del Rey to Cortez Bank (Bishop Rock) and is about 165 miles.
Two minis (Pogo 2 and 2win650) were ready to take the start, passed the inspection. However, the forecast being so scary, both decided to stay at the dock.
It was wise: a southeastern storm went through Southern California, and none of the singlehanded (or double handed) racers who had planned on participating finished the race. This is the first PSSA race to date where none of the racers finished.
Those who ventured outside the breakwater had some great stories...
The next race is Beg Rock and hope we can make it.

In the meantime, we have taken quite a few people out sailing and things are great: we just sold 2 Pogo 2 - one to a French sailor in Brittany and another one that will sail out of Sag Harbor, NY.

We are still tuning the boat and getting ready for more races. A few days ago, with little breeze, we played with the boat a little...tough day at work!! ;-) Enjoy the video...hopefully more videos soon in more breeze.

Also, for those of you who live in the neighborhood, feel free to attend our seminar next week. Check this link for all the info.

Go MINI !!!!!!!!!

#111 NAMT

NAMT

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:47 PM

Good news Jerome, so that is 4 boats already.

One year ago, who would have thought that the US would be exporting Mini Transats to France!

#112 fwoark

fwoark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:45 AM

Hey Jerome, apparently the last video you posted has content from EMI and is blocked in Aussieland. I've never come across that before, weird. It's a shame, I'm keen to see more of the pogo 2 ..

#113 Ultraman

Ultraman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:02 AM

Hey Jerome, apparently the last video you posted has content from EMI and is blocked in Aussieland. I've never come across that before, weird. It's a shame, I'm keen to see more of the pogo 2 ..

Also blocked here in Canada...

#114 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:20 AM

Also blocked here in Canada...

hmmm....weird. maybe Youtube blocked it because of the French music ! ;-) Try to view the video on our Facebook Page.

#115 ronnie_simpson

ronnie_simpson

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:i break boats

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:29 PM

Jerome,

The boat and video look excellent. Very much looking forward to joining the Pogo 2 fleet. Congratulations on getting boats finished and on the water! This is very good news for west coast Mini racing.

#116 Maggman

Maggman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:22 PM

If I had the money to buy my own Mini, I would go with the Pogo 2. The boat looks awesome. I would love to take spin on one.

#117 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:43 PM

Dear Mini Fans,

Open Sailing will be introducing the Pogo 2 to San Francisco at the Oakland Boat Show next week. USA 806 will arrive in SF and will be available for demo rides the weekend before and after the show.
If you'd like to visit us at the show, here are the details of where the boats will be located. We will also have on display the full carbon Open 6.50 and the Open 5.70, also available, during the show for demo rides!

USA 806 will be in San Francisco until the end of the month and will participate to the Great Vallejo Race before returning to Los Angeles.
We will come back before Coast Cup mid June.

If you'd like to test sail the Pogo 2, demo rides will be organized out of Alameda. Feel free to book your test sail online via our website.

Also, we will be running a free seminar during the show about mini transat, and the Pogo 2 on Thursday the 14th at 4:45pm. Click HERE for all the details.

We are looking forward to meeting many of you and will do our very best to answer any questions you may have!

Sincerely,

Jerome
Open Sailing Skipper! ;-)

#118 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:06 AM

Looooooong Trip to San Francisco:

USA 806 took the road on Friday morning, around 6:30am. Unfortunately, our van's turbo diesel was malfunctioning and we had no power going uphill...which translated into a 9 hour trip. It was painful to do 40mph driving up the grapevine outside of LA.
So instead of splashing the boat Friday afternoon as planned, we rigged the Open 5.70 (that we were towing as well) and raced last weekend with the Open 5.70 fleet.
Today, we splashed USA 806 out of Alameda Marina, stepped the mast and rigged the boat.
The crane worked great and Rich the harbormaster was super nice and make us feel home already!

We will move the boat tomorrow to Jack London Square at Oakland tomorrow.

Here are some photos...before we get the "good shots" during the show!

As mentioned before, 806 will be in San Francisco until the end of the month, so don't wait to book your demo ride.

Cheers

jerome

#119 Monster Mash

Monster Mash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:35 PM

Saw her in Alameda yesterday.

Attached Files

#120 pogen

pogen

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:36 PM

The Pogo 2 looked great, I was impressed with how relatively roomy it was inside. The price point is verrry tempting!

Nice to meet you, Jerome!

Here is a shot from my blog post on the show:

Posted Image

#121 pqbon

pqbon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Technology, my kids...

S20 - owner, skipper, & crew

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:51 PM

Saw the boat at the strictly sail show on Thursday. (actually - I was there at the same time Ronnie was talking to Jerome)

The photos don't do the boat justice. In person it is even more impressive and roomier then the photos would lead you to believe. I wish I had had the time to do a demo sail. I'd love to see how it handles on the actual water.

Cheers,
Will

#122 NoStrings

NoStrings

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,014 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:49 PM

Love the boat, but my shoulders would have to be extruded to fit through that little escape hatch if I were to ever be forced (god forbid) to use it.

#123 pogen

pogen

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:45 PM

Love the boat, but my shoulders would have to be extruded to fit through that little escape hatch if I were to ever be forced (god forbid) to use it.

Ha, I had the same thought, I would need to lose 50 lbs to get through it... but maybe Minis are not for middle-aged desk jockeys!

#124 Monster Mash

Monster Mash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

A shot similar to post #120 without all the people on board.

Attached Files

#125 dcb3

dcb3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:25 PM

Is it surprising to anyone else how far underwater the stern is? I doubt the boat has weeks worth of supplies, fresh water, etc...

#126 Monster Mash

Monster Mash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

Is it surprising to anyone else how far underwater the stern is? I doubt the boat has weeks worth of supplies, fresh water, etc...

Its not, I think you're confusing a grey strip across the lower transom.

#127 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:55 AM

Its not, I think you're confusing a grey strip across the lower transom.

You're right. The bottom paint is grey on our boat so what you see is the bottom paint. The boat sits pretty high above the waterline right now, considering we are not geared up for ocean crossing!

Also, USA 812 is getting ready to roll out of the factory (scheduled to be delivered on the east coast on May 27th). Hull is blue, blue stripe on the cabin roof, yellow and white racing stripes on the hull, with red bottom paint...very classy! ;-)

Here are a couple of shots...one from the hull infusion. We are super happy. The hull only came out 2 lbs heavier than the target weight (with all structural components in). That is more than excellent according to Pogo Structures, the French builder! More photos when the boat is completed.

Soon starting building another Pogo 2, this one to sail and race out of Los Angeles! Yeah!

Cheers all...have a good weekend...No racing or sailing for me this weekend as I will be spending my time at our factory so we can meet the delivery deadline on USA 812 :-(

Jerome

Attached File  Pog 2 USA 812.jpg   38.06K   223 downloads

Attached File  Pogo 2 USA 812 Infusion.jpg   59.51K   247 downloads

#128 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:38 AM

USA 812 ready for delivery. Enjoy these photos! I don't think the owner has seen them yet.

Boat is going on the east coast...Sag Harbor!

Take care....starting hull # 4 next week.

Attached File  IMG_1988.jpg   385.8K   250 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1990.jpg   379.58K   235 downloads

#129 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:40 AM

Attached File  IMG_1991.jpg   379.9K   130 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1992.jpg   331.16K   192 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1994.jpg   372.83K   193 downloads

#130 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:32 AM

A little summary about the final delivery of Pogo 2 USA 812 in Sag Harbor, NY...with some cool shots: check the article on our NEWS page.

Starting production of another Pogo 2 next week, this one to sail out of Southern California! This will be the third boat in So. Cal....it looks like we may start racing One Design next year over here!!!

Will you be next!

Cheers to all,

jerome

#131 2ndtechLister

2ndtechLister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:building things that go fast

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:32 AM

good luck with the next boat jerome! its a really good feeling to see 812 on the water and the hear the owner was pleased!
cheers,
lucien

#132 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:20 PM

For those of you who still had doubts about the Pogo 2 !! ;)

Click here...

See you on the water!

Jerome
Pogo 2 USA 806

#133 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:38 PM

We raced USA 806 last weekend for the Santa Barbara to King Harbor Race. After a long delivery back up, some great time in Santa Barbara and a fast race, we were happy to show off what a mini transat could do, especially against all the big boats out there.
For those of you who have time, enjoy the story, the photos and the video (unfortunately, it was dark when the breeze came up and we don't have any footage powering the boat downwind :-(

Until hull # 4 comes out of the mold. Who wants Hull # 5?

Cheers

Go MINI !!

Jerome
Pogo 2
USA 806

#134 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:15 PM

Hello everyone

Long time no post! It's been a busy summer wight the Pogo 2 and Open 570. We've been busy building some 570 and had to hold on a little bit finishing our pogo 2 hull # 4 (the new owner cancelled his order). Hull # 4 back in production next week. Looks like the end of the year is looking good for the Pogo 2 with hopefully one boat in Miami, one in California, one in France. Next year early, we may have another one in Seattle and a second pogo 2 in new York. Keep your fingers crossed!
In the meantime, we are thrilled to see our pogo 2 friends did so well during the first leg of the mini Transat: first 8 boats to finish on the series fleet are the P2. What else to say? I was in France before the start - great to see all these racers getting ready. Nice to also meet chris T. helping some of them with some custom rigging! Hey chris, are you back from France yet?
I have a few racers on video - interviews will be posted on our website soon.

Take all care and support Mini sailing - spread the word!

Jerome
Open Sailing
Pogo 2 Builder
Los Angeles, CA

#135 BalticBandit

BalticBandit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:35 PM

Hello everyone

Long time no post! It's been a busy summer wight the Pogo 2 and Open 570. We've been busy building some 570 and had to hold on a little bit finishing our pogo 2 hull # 4 (the new owner cancelled his order). Hull # 4 back in production next week. Looks like the end of the year is looking good for the Pogo 2 with hopefully one boat in Miami, one in California, one in France. Next year early, we may have another one in Seattle and a second pogo 2 in new York. Keep your fingers crossed!
In the meantime, we are thrilled to see our pogo 2 friends did so well during the first leg of the mini Transat: first 8 boats to finish on the series fleet are the P2. What else to say? I was in France before the start - great to see all these racers getting ready. Nice to also meet chris T. helping some of them with some custom rigging! Hey chris, are you back from France yet?
I have a few racers on video - interviews will be posted on our website soon.

Take all care and support Mini sailing - spread the word!

Jerome
Open Sailing
Pogo 2 Builder
Los Angeles, CA

So is the Seattle boat for Chris or Craig?

#136 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

[/quote]
So is the Seattle boat for Chris or Craig?
[/quote]

Neither ;-)
...and the boat is not sold yet. Hopefully in january 2012!

#137 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:58 PM

I wish I could cross the Atlantic...so in the meantime, I just crossed the MDR channel to Catalina Island: http://www.opensaili...om/News/?p=2209

Great weekend sailing in the fog!

Jerome
Pogo 2 USA 806

#138 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

It's been a while since we posted on SA. We have to set ourselves a reminder! ;-)

If you are interested in checking how the Pogo 2 is progressing in the USA, here is a quick update: USA 822 was launched last week and will be racing and sailing in Southern California.
We are starting production of USA 829 in March. USA 829 will be delivered in NY and will basically be the 2nd boat in the area...Until we get a fleet there, these 2 Pogo 2 will be able to match race! ;-)
Next week, we are also hoping for another boat to be delivered in Dana Point!

We are entered to Pacific Cup and are currently campaigning the boat offshore with one race a month. The last one was Bishop Rock, 165nm in rough conditions [VIDEO and full report here].

Our next race will be Guadalupe Island which is 582nm...

Cheers,

Jerome
Pogo 2 USA 806
[/quote]

#139 us7070

us7070

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

822 looks great.

can you tell us where in NY the next one is going?

#140 Port Tack Approach

Port Tack Approach

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

822 looks great.

NYC-ish

#141 tikipete

tikipete

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

I wish I could cross the Atlantic...so in the meantime, I just crossed the MDR channel to Catalina Island: http://www.opensaili...om/News/?p=2209

Great weekend sailing in the fog!

Jerome
Pogo 2 USA 806

kudos

#142 CowboyKell

CowboyKell

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

It was nice seeing a Mini out there. As I said in the PSSA corespondence I truly believe all the "small" boat double and single handers are the Iron men of sailing. It was rough out there on a 65 footer, I can only imagine the beating on a 30 footer much less a 21 foot. The only time I envied ya'll was when we were changing 100# plus head sails and taking in 250 square feet of reef.

It's been a while since we posted on SA. We have to set ourselves a reminder! ;-)

If you are interested in checking how the Pogo 2 is progressing in the USA, here is a quick update: USA 822 was launched last week and will be racing and sailing in Southern California.
We are starting production of USA 829 in March. USA 829 will be delivered in NY and will basically be the 2nd boat in the area...Until we get a fleet there, these 2 Pogo 2 will be able to match race! ;-)

We are entered to Pacific Cup and are currently campaigning the boat offshore with one race a month. The last one was Bishop Rock, 165nm in rough conditions [VIDEO and full report here].

Cheers,

Jerome
Pogo 2 USA 806

#143 Saboteer

Saboteer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:BOATS

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

Cheers,

Jerome
Pogo 2 USA 806

Jerome,
Is the boat destined to stay in Dana Point? If so when will it be delivered, I'd love to have a look at it.

Thanks

#144 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

Jerome,
Is the boat destined to stay in Dana Point? If so when will it be delivered, I'd love to have a look at it.

Thanks

Not sure where the boat will be sailing out of...The exact delivery location hasn't been defined yet. The new owner lives in Brooklyn ;-)
Delivery is shedulded for May-June so stay tune (sign up to our newsletter) and as soon as we know, we will make sure to let you know.

Cheers

Jerome

#145 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

Hi everyone,

Another Pogo 2, USA 831, will be heading East early June as well, this one to Charleston, SC. We are working on delivering USA 829 (New York) and USA 831 pretty much at the same time. We will keep you in the loop so if you are in the area, you can check the boats out.

Just qualified for the SHTP with the Guadalupe Island Race with the Pogo 2 (600nm single handed). We had entered Pac Cup but recently decided to try the SHTP, which has never been done with a Mini before. Hopefully we can get our entry fee back from Pac Cup and put towards the entry for SHTP...

CLICK HERE and Enjoy the video!!

#146 yachtyakka

yachtyakka

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

:) great news. how many are sailing in the US now?

#147 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

6! ;-)

slowly but surely...probably the largest fleet in the NA Mini Class already ;-D

#148 lstsailr

lstsailr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

6! ;-)

Very cool. What's the sailaway price tag? Ballpark is good enough.

#149 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

6! ;-)

Very cool. What's the sailaway price tag? Ballpark is good enough.

Pogo 2, with 4 sails (we like UK Sailmakers the best - loft in San Francisco - main, reefing genoa, Code 0 - Facnor furler - and mast head spinnaker), all electrical (2 bank battery, wiring, circuit breaker,...), Raymarine instrument with external autopilot package, bottom paint, orange foils, bow numbers, solar panel (installed with mount, charge controllers), VHF (with mast head antenna), LED mast head light - not the one listed on our website, various accessories (rope bags x 5, tiller extensions, outboard bracket,...). Usually go for under $80K.
This package is very well equipped for racing, even short offshore races.
For long offshore races (1,000nm or more), the sails package becomes more important and safety equipment adds up.

For day sailing, we can have a great Pogo 2, very well equipped for under $75K.

For more prices, go to http://opensailingus...o2/Pricing.html or best, give us a call for a custom quote. We always try to make it work !!! ;-)

Jerome

#150 vikram

vikram

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

do you guys know anything about the pogo 30?

#151 us7070

us7070

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

A little summary about the final delivery of Pogo 2 USA 812 in Sag Harbor, NY...with some cool shots: check the article on our NEWS page.

Starting production of another Pogo 2 next week, this one to sail out of Southern California! This will be the third boat in So. Cal....it looks like we may start racing One Design next year over here!!!

Will you be next!

Cheers to all,

jerome

THis boat - #812 is listed on Yachtworld: $99,999

http://www.yachtworl...Y/United-States

#152 narecet

narecet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:43 AM

The only thing listed under "Additional Specs, Equipment, and Information" is "Keel: bulb."

Is the bulb made of gold?

#153 us7070

us7070

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

The yachtworld description for 812, at $99,999 says;

She has a full complement of NKE electronics including the Gyropilot. Just add a few more sails to complete her inventory and add safety gear and you are ready for the Minitrasat!

but in post #149, Jerome says;

Pogo 2, with 4 sails (we like UK Sailmakers the best - loft in San Francisco - main, reefing genoa, Code 0 - Facnor furler - and mast head spinnaker), all electrical (2 bank battery, wiring, circuit breaker,...), Raymarine instrument with external autopilot package, bottom paint, orange foils, bow numbers, solar panel (installed with mount, charge controllers), VHF (with mast head antenna), LED mast head light - not the one listed on our website, various accessories (rope bags x 5, tiller extensions, outboard bracket,...). Usually go for under $80K.
This package is very well equipped for racing, even short offshore races.
For long offshore races (1,000nm or more), the sails package becomes more important and safety equipment adds up.

For day sailing, we can have a great Pogo 2, very well equipped for under $75K.

so, 812, is not Transat ready - needs sails and safety gear, but is asking $100k for a (lightly?) used boat

a new boat, not quite ready for long offshore races, is apparently less than $80k...

It's hard to tell anything without a detailed listing, and I know NKE's cost more than Raymarine, but the price for 812 seems high.

Maybe the owner thinks someone will pay up to avoid the wait for a new one.

#154 dinghydock

dinghydock

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

812's Listing has been updated to show her inventory and electronics options. She does have a complete NKE package which cost almost $10,000 alone. The owner paid over $90,000 for the boat with all the options delivered to the East Coast. She is listed at $99,999.00 as a listing price only. The owner does not expect to sell her for what he paid for her and is open to offers.

#155 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,214 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

822 looks great.

NYC-ish

I assure you that many people at the "-ish" location are very excited for it to arrive.

#156 lstsailr

lstsailr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:31 AM

This one still looks like the one I'd get if I had that kind of money kicking around. $50k for a boat + $40k to campaign it makes more sense than a $90k fibreglass boat, at least to me:
Link

#157 Open Sailing

Open Sailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

Hi everyone,

We are getting ready to deliver USA 829 and USA 831. The first one is going to NY and will be delivered and launch out of Cedar Point YC on or around August 17th.
For USA 831, we will take the boat to Charleston, SC. Delivery will be on or around August 20th, with a launch scheduled on the 24th. Does anyone know a good boat yard to launch the boat from?

For those of you who are interested to check the boats out and meet the owners when we deliver them, get in touch with us at info @ opensailingusa.com

Thanks for your help!

Jerome

#158 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,232 posts
  • Interests:SA is DEAD

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:40 PM

Jerome you need to do the next PAC CUP in one of these. http://www.pogostruc...in-development/

Though your top seller between SF and LA would probably be the 10.5

#159 dinghydock

dinghydock

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

Just a heads up to anyone interested! Pogo 2 #814 has just had a significant price reduction to $74,900 putting her at a reasonable selling price. Feel free to contact me if interested!

#160 clamslapper

clamslapper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

I am slowly falling in love with these boats. I am a longtime J24 sailor and while I have little desire to move up to a bigger boat, I do feel the urge to expand my horizons. These Minis more more less blow my mind, especially the protos. I'm thinking that they might even work doublehanded around the cans too if I can get my post middle-age brain around handicap racing.

I'm always curious about procedures. When singlehanded, how do you deal with spinnaker hoists and douses? How do you reef and un-reef the main? I would have assumed that the skipper must imperatively be attached to the boat by tethers, etc., but I don't see any in use in the videos -- these crazy guys walk up and down the boat like it was nothing!! Lastly, I understand that charplotters are illegal on these? Can you even use GPS?

#161 PocketRocket

PocketRocket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

Yes, you can use a GPS. Most everyone has a back-up handheld in addition.

It's not very convenient to move around the boat clipped in...

I'm sure everyone has different ways of hoisting and dousing, but here's how I did it: Rig up the kite and clip the bag as far aft as possible. Go back to the cockpit, flip the sprit out in front of the boat, and pull the kite up (some tack, then all the halyard, then finish up the tack...) with a foot on the sheet. In waves, sometimes it's tricky as you need to wait for a good moment to get the sprit out, since it will go into the waves (with no lift from the kite). So once you've picked your moment, you've got to hoist ASAP and get things rolling.

For the douse- throw the tails of the halyard and tack out the back of the boat (so the lines run cleanly, plus you get a bit of added resistance), blow the tack, gather as much of the foot as possible into the cockpit, blow the halyard and pull the rest of the kite in.

Reefing- I had two reef lines in the boom, so had a small tag line from the second to third reef point on the leach of the sail, so I could run the first reef line up to the third if I was going to need it. The reef lines run to the clutches on the cabin top (like everything else). I had marks on the main halyard, so I could just drop the halyard to the mark, run forward quickly to pull the sail down (i had a bolt rope/ in-mast track rather than cars), reattach the cunningham, back to the cockpit, tighten up halyard and cunningham, then grind in the new clew. Some people had strops made to the correct length at the base of the rig, with dogbones that you just place into the new tack of the sail and then tension the halyard against them.

It's all pretty simple really- they sound / look a lot more complicated than they are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users