This is THE BEST pitcher of margaritas you will ever have. I am bribed by my friends to make it for them at parties.
1. Simple syrup
3/4 or 1 cup of regular sugar added to 1 cup of boiling water - stir until disolved and set aside to cool. Vary the sugar depending on how sweet you want it to be. I prefer 3/4 cup, its still plenty sweet.
2. Lime Juice
Juice fresh limes to make 1 cup of lime juice. Some pulp is desirable. DO NOT USE store bought lime juice. If you even think about doing so, choke yourself.
3. Combine simple syrup with lime juice in a suitable pitcher
4. Add 1 cup high quality tequila as desired. It doesn't have to be huge $$ tequilla, just don't use rot gut crap.
5. Add 1/2 cup Triple sec
6. Add 1/2 cup Cointreau or Grand Marnier (whichever you prefer. I like Cointreau the best, but both work equally well)
7. Stir pitcher and then put in refridgerator to chill (sugar water may still be warm).
8. Serve over ice. Salt rims if desired.
These 'Ritas will blow.you.away!
Sounds good, but somewhat sweet. I think I would like this if it was hot, but not scorching.
Wait till a really hot, scorching day, and try the margaritas recipe I posted. That sour, salty taste is incredibly refreshing when it is really hot out.