• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 spiritsailingcom

spiritsailingcom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:29 PM

Two Barbarossa 54-2's and a 74-3 were unbolted and removed from our trimaran in Palm Beach Harbor. I will pay a reward for any leads on finding the people who borrowed them from us. We need them back-No questions asked.. We are a non-profit organization taking kids sailing from the Boys and Girls Clubs and this is a huge expense for us so I pray that they will find their way home. The 74-3 is about 90 pounds or 40 kilos. Other than contacting marine surplus and scrap yards, any ideas on where to look for these?
Thank you.

Attached Files

#2 Rail Meat

Rail Meat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts
  • Interests:My ride: An OCD designed Class 40

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:28 AM

That is just fucking wrong. Some one took the time to get to the nuts under the composite, dissasemble the winch to get to the tops of the bolts, and bring the correct size wrenches to remove the winches??

That is one motivated junkie, looking for some scrap. I really do hope you can find them.

#3 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,169 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:27 PM

EBay. Definitely keep an eye on EBay and Craigslist. And it wasn't a junkie. It was someone who knew what what was looking for and knew what he was doing.

#4 walterbshaffer

walterbshaffer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,014 posts
  • Interests:Formerly Member No. 9720

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

Purely guessing but it sounds like someone wanted them for thier own boat or parts.

#5 spiritsailingcom

spiritsailingcom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:37 PM

Purely guessing but it sounds like someone wanted them for thier own boat or parts.

You may be right, but these are winches for a big boat. I should think that anyone with the budget for a large project would be careful not to get busted with something that looks as unique as these winches. The person who needs something as big as a 74-3 can probably afford to buy a used Lewmar or whatever. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Attached Files

#6 DoRag

DoRag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:46 AM

Send a PM to Some Dude. He has a used gear chandlry in your area and takes stuff on consignment.

#7 spiritsailingcom

spiritsailingcom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:29 PM

Send a PM to Some Dude. He has a used gear chandlry in your area and takes stuff on consignment.

Thanks for your help. I couldn't find an address for Some Dude. Do you know the name of his shop?

#8 Slowboat

Slowboat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:42 PM

Disregard what DoRag says, it's a game he enjoys playing with himself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users