The cup is dead.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
937 replies to this topic

#901 Presuming Ed

Presuming Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:10 AM

If the AC 34 went to Valencia, that would probaly ensure another puppet challenger, ensuring at least 2 entries.

A challenge from Spain? Aha aha aha aha aha. Financed how, exactly?

#902 Stingray

Stingray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,999 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:24 PM

may as well go here

--

http://www.swissinfo...499474&rss=true

Oct 8, 2010 - 17:33
“Flying boat” dips its wings in Lake Geneva
Posted Image Image Caption: Hydroptère.ch gets its first taste of Lake Geneva (Keystone)
Related Stories
by Simon Bradley, swissinfo.ch

A revolutionary Franco-Swiss "flying yacht" project that aims to smash the round-the-world sailing record has started testing on Lake Geneva.

#903 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,553 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:21 PM

If the AC 34 went to Valencia, that would probaly ensure another puppet challenger, ensuring at least 2 entries.

Seriously?

Attached Files

#904 bullock

bullock

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:37 PM

This thread should be renamed The Resurrection Shuffle. Every time you think it has finally conked out it shuffles back into life because some bloody idiot posts another naff opinion.Posted Image

I hope you are not referring to me... it's my bloody thread and I'll resurrect any bloody time I like!

For those silly people dumping on Team Origin's decision you are kidding yourselves if you think they were not serious competitors. They are simply facing the facts before they go wasting a shiteload of moolah. And the facts are that in these boats, and on this timetable the next cup is hopelessly stacked in BMWO's favor, no matter how much talent you have in your team or $ in the bank. If you are still fund raising forget it. You need to be polishing off your final design and beginning construction. Oh hang on... the Class rules and the protocol are still being tweaked..... Oh well I guess you are all screwed then.

BMWO have played this one terribly... surely if they wanted the next cup so soon they could have compromised and had the first cup with soft sails or something to cut development time and costs. I've got serious concerns about the reliability and practicality of wings in San Fran where the average breeze strength is going to be 25-30 knots.... Are the boats nosedive proof? They will need to be if they sail with wings.... one nosedive and guess what, no sailing tomorrow! That's if no one is killed!!

All you multi lovers watch this footage and tell me mono's are boring.... then I'll know that you are mono HATERS and not multi lovers. big difference there btw.

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=_ImfzS5PXGE

That's about the same amount of breeze they will have in San Fran every day.... imagine a 70 or 75 ft version... even faster again. They woulds be simple and cheap to build compared to a cat and trust me, team Origin would sign back up in a heart beat. A party is not a real party unless more than a couple of people show up!

Mark my words, Team Origin is the first of many.... the next cup will have less than 5 entries in it's current state.

Abbo,

Out.

Abbo, just average performance. Any good 8.5m cat would kick their arse around any course.

As someone said, the AC is where you should turn up with the best and fastest possible not some compromise,

As for TO they are just a bunch of ignorant poms from pom rock any way, they are the idiots who perpetuate rules which favour slow shitters (IRC) and overly penalise anything which gives performance gains (water balast, Canting, square tops....) and they wonder why all thats left is a whole lot of shitter cruising boats racing.

Box rules are where its at, and the new AC34 class is the second fastest box rule ever, .......... after AC33.

Long live the cup

#905 Indio

Indio

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:11 PM

Abbo, just average performance. Any good 8.5m cat would kick their arse around any course.

You fucktards just don't get it!! It's not about speed. It's about the beauty and grace of a monohull, whether it's in full flight or tacking in7knot winds. For many of us, there's nothing remotely attractive about a cat flying a hull whether it's doing 10 or 50 knots. It's a matter of taste: multis just don't appeal to me, unless it's a Craig Loomes wave-piercer powercat.

#906 Wandering Geo

Wandering Geo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 01:20 AM

[You fucktards just don't get it!! It's not about speed. It's about the beauty and grace of a monohull, whether it's in full flight or tacking in7knot winds. For many of us, there's nothing remotely attractive about a cat flying a hull whether it's doing 10 or 50 knots. It's a matter of taste: multis just don't appeal to me, unless it's a Craig Loomes wave-piercer powercat.

Not about speed???
Can you highlight the bits in the DoG that mention "grace and beauty"?
Can you then point to a beautiful ACV5 boat (contorteded and possibly ugliest class on the planet)?
Think this definately falls into the "eye of the beholder" category.
Must admit DZ looked really ugly to me in some of its iterations, but speed is beautiful and the final DZ with form following function was brutally attractive.
Think you will just have to grin and bear it for this round of the AC, more if it proves successful.
IMHO the patform is not the issue.......$$ are.

#907 eric e

eric e

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 01:35 AM

You fucktards just don't get it!! It's not about speed. It's about the beauty and grace of a monohull,

"Our intention is to be in the America's Cup
and after [the Louis Vuitton Trophy in] Dubai
we won't be back in a monohull for the foreseeable future," said Dalton.

http://www.nzherald....jectid=10673491

oh, the sting

of the forgotten fan

feeling blue?

moody indio?

"poor fool that's bluer than blue"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyNKNawrJKA

#908 Abbo

Abbo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:22 AM

As someone said, the AC is where you should turn up with the best and fastest possible not some compromise,

As for TO they are just a bunch of ignorant poms from pom rock any way, they are the idiots who perpetuate rules which favour slow shitters (IRC) and overly penalise anything which gives performance gains (water balast, Canting, square tops....) and they wonder why all thats left is a whole lot of shitter cruising boats racing.

Box rules are where its at, and the new AC34 class is the second fastest box rule ever, .......... after AC33.

Long live the cup

Ok Bullock, you've just got my vote for most ignorant post of the thread. You're even beating Clean, which is no small achievement.

The AC hasn't been about having the fastest boat on earth since the demise of the J-class, and arguably, even before that. There has only been two occasions in that entire period where there has been a "bring the quickest thing you can build" situation, and they were the two DOG challenges in 1988 and 2010, some of the saddest chapters in the Cup's history. Since the appearance of the J-Class it's been about having a design rule, and building the fastest possible boat you can to that rule, which is an equally strong design and sailing challenge, perhaps even stronger than a open DOG contest. It also limits costs, making it a much more even contest and attracting more teams.

So can you please stop this "cats are faster so they should be in the cup" crap. No shit they are faster, everyone is aware of this. Fast does not equate to exciting and never will. Look at Formula 1, fastest cars on earth. Is the racing boring, yes quite often and I'm a big fan. Look at the last cup, fastest boats on earth by an enormous margin, and apart from the first ten minutes of the race 1, it was one of the most boring cups of all time. The AC72's are going to have such massive speed differences that the racing will be boring as batshit after the first 5 minutes and this will continue many, many years into the development cycle.

Now as for your comments about Team Origin, calling them ignorant would make you one of the greatest hypocrites on earth. Have a look at their Olympic record over the last few games. Have a look at the resumes of most of their team, have a look at the size of KM's checkbook and his success in business. If you think they were not a serious challenge then you must be so dangerously stupid you should seek medical help right now, before you forget to breathe or something.

Now onto the IRC comments..... good lord where do I start. I think you won the ignorance Olympics Gold medal with this one. The IRC rule was FOUNDED BY AND FOR CRUISING SHITTERS!!!! That is how it was born!!!! The racing fraternity has simply adopted it for lack of a better alternative. It was a vastly popular and successful rule way before the racing fraternity discovered it and will live on long after the racers come up with something "better". IMS had moments of brilliance... but when the stupid low stability trend started in the late 90's they failed to nip that in the bud which contributed heavily to the demise of what could have been a great rule. It also suffered from being too complex and expensive for the average Joe but that debate is for another thread.

And now you complain that IRC penalizes high tech boats? (slaps forehead) In my humble opinion, IRC has been doing a magnificent job of catering to and developing their rule for the racers. They don't always get it right for sure, but they get it right most of the time.

So Bullock, please refrain from posting any more of your rubbish. Better yet, do your bit for the human gene pool and top yourself immediately you oxygen thieving imbecile!

Abbo,

Out.

#909 bullock

bullock

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 01:36 AM

Long live the cup

Ok Bullock, you've just got my vote for most ignorant post of the thread. You're even beating Clean, which is no small achievement.

The AC hasn't been about having the fastest boat on earth since the demise of the J-class, and arguably, even before that. There has only been two occasions in that entire period where there has been a "bring the quickest thing you can build" situation, and they were the two DOG challenges in 1988 and 2010, some of the saddest chapters in the Cup's history. Since the appearance of the J-Class it's been about having a design rule, and building the fastest possible boat you can to that rule, which is an equally strong design and sailing challenge, perhaps even stronger than a open DOG contest. It also limits costs, making it a much more even contest and attracting more teams.

So can you please stop this "cats are faster so they should be in the cup" crap. No shit they are faster, everyone is aware of this.

Now as for you comments about Team Origin, calling them ignorant would make you one of the greatest hypocrites on earth. Have a look at their Olympic record over the last few games. Have a look at the resume's of most of their team, have a look at the size of KM's checkbook and his success in business. If you think they were not a serious challenge then you must be so dangerously stupid you should seek medical help right now, before you forget to breathe or something.

Now onto the IRC comments..... good lord where do I start. I think you won the ignorance Olympics Gold medal with this one. The IRC rule was FOUNDED BY AND FOR CRUISING SHITTERS!!!! That is how it was born!!!! The racing fraternity has simply adopted it for lack of a better alternative. It was a vastly popular and successful rule way before the racing fraternity discovered it and will live on long after the racers come up with something "better". IMS had moments of brilliance... but when the stupid low stability trend started in the late 90's they failed to nip that in the bud which contributed heavily to the demise of what could have been a great rule. It also suffered from being too complex and expensive for the average Joe but that a debate is for another thread.

And now you complain that IRC penalizes high tech boats? (slaps forehead) In my humble opinion, IRC has been doing a magnificent job of catering to and developing their rule for the racers. They don't always get it right for sure, but they get it right most of the time.

So Bullock, please refrain from posting any more of your rubbish. Better yet, do your bit for the human gene pool and top yourself immediately you oxygen thieving imbecile!

Abbo,

Out.

Thanks Abbo, cos comming from you I take that as a total compliment. I would be terrified if you ever started to agree.

Abbo, I'm not sure what sort of yacht racing you are used to? Probably that IRC crap where you put on smaller sails to go slower to win, but the AC has always been a box rule of one type or other, and the winner is funnily enough...... the boat that finishes first. I know a novel idea for those in the IRC flat earth society on pom rock, and also yourself apparently.

And funnily enough of the 159 years since "America" first won the cup, other than 30 odd years in12m shitters and 15 years in IAAC shitters, the rest of the time has been bring your best, last to the bar buys the drinks, which is the way it should be for an AC.

And in fact even that 1/3 of the total period, the 45 years we were in the shitters it was in fact a box rule, and all that has really changed is the box got a lot wider, and they added a hull, which means it got a whole heap faster, more spectacular, more dangerous, and if the majority of people I talk to are right, just plain better. If you want the pinicle of sailing skills it is in Finns or something. And if you want the best in matchracing teams it is in the one design fleets all around the world, every week a different regatta............ But the AC is where the guy with the biggest wallet, and with the biggest imagination, who buys the smartest designers and best sailors, wins the prize. Hallayluya!!!!!

Now I know there are many who will never enjoy AC in multis just because..... well they couldnt. Well you know what, you dont matter, cos thousands more are going to become interested in the sport, who will really enjoy it.

RC and his mates, only went the multi way because some cheating rich boy, left the door open and they could. Except in the process RC and all his mates had sooooo much fun going fast and designing new shit, that they want to do it all again, so they are.

Now as to TO, and I use the term collectivley, what a shambles. And here you cant blame the sailors they are just part of the army, but the Generals got no balls, or no brains or both. Any team who's stated goal is to be in AC, and who doesnt front for this is just a gunna......master of the hand shandy. If he hasnt the time or money he should say so.

So in summary, you are wrong, I am right................fuck u!!!

#910 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:27 AM

xxx..............

So in summary, I'm a right fucking wanker!!!

Try this....poll link.

#911 Just Bob

Just Bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:36 AM

xxx..............

Try this....poll link.

Fuck off Johnny, if ya dont like what's posted just fuck off, ya don't need to read it. ya dick head...

#912 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:42 AM

xxx..............

Try this....poll link.

I'm a right fucking wanker too!

#913 Just Bob

Just Bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:49 AM

xxx..............

Try this....poll link.

I'm a right fucking wanker too!

Look at that, I can still teach an old dog new tricks... fantastic post editing.. See you're never to old to learn...Posted Image

#914 Abbo

Abbo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:14 AM

Yeah some great arguments there bollocks, well done. So you are saying that racing mono's is boring because cats are faster. Yep. Some good logic there. TP's look awfully boring don't they, I bet all those sailors are bored shitless and wish they were on cats coz they are faster. Grow up you moron.

The fact is BMWO have taken over a bike racing event and said hey everybody, we not racing bikes anymore, We are racing cars. Hope everyone is ok with that, see you on the start line.

It's a fucking circus, and a terrible turn in the history of this great event. Sailing needs a world series style event, and a globe traveling fleet racing event in ac72's would be the best thing to happen to sailing in the last 30 years. Run them alongside the extreme 40's.

But cats have no place in the ac nor should they. Both times cats have been involved were
easily the darkest chapters in the cups history. Mono's are just as exciting as cats, a shit load more practical and much better for match racing. Leave the cup alone, it ain't broke, it just hit a bump in the road. The AC is not the x games.

#915 furling

furling

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:31 AM

Yeah some great arguments there bollocks, well done. So you are saying that racing mono's is boring because cats are faster. Yep. Some good logic there. TP's look awfully boring don't they, I bet all those sailors are bored shitless and wish they were on cats coz they are faster. Grow up you moron.

The fact is BMWO have taken over a bike racing event and said hey everybody, we not racing bikes anymore, We are racing cars. Hope everyone is ok with that, see you on the start line.

It's a fucking circus, and a terrible turn in the history of this great event. Sailing needs a world series style event, and a globe traveling fleet racing event in ac72's would be the best thing to happen to sailing in the last 30 years. Run them alongside the extreme 40's.

But cats have no place in the ac nor should they. Both times cats have been involved were
easily the darkest chapters in the cups history. Mono's are just as exciting as cats, a shit load more practical and much better for match racing. Leave the cup alone, it ain't broke, it just hit a bump in the road. The AC is not the x games.

#916 furling

furling

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:34 AM

Hey ABBO if monohulls are so fucken good then why arent any of them in the commonwealth games, even waterballet presides over your monohulls!

#917 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:38 AM

Hey ABBO if monohulls are so fucken good then why arent any of them in the commonwealth games, even waterballet presides over your monohulls!

Aren't any multihulls either in case you hadn't noticed. Attempts were made to get sailing in. Google Commonwealth Sailing Champs. Hobies were a part of that.

#918 Just Bob

Just Bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:49 AM

Aren't any multihulls either in case you hadn't noticed. Attempts were made to get sailing in. Google Commonwealth Sailing Champs. Hobies were a part of that.

You dont like Mulithulls so just fuck off and dont read this topic...

The CUP IS ALIVE

#919 bullock

bullock

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:36 AM

Sorry mate didnt mean to confuse you with big words.

What I actually said was " just average performance. Any good 8.5m cat would kick their arse around any course."

Which is certainly true, And the "circus" as you describe it, they havent canceled the bike race, they just said no more penny farthings, we are now on carbon framed racing bikes, and they even have gears. And my narrow minded technophobe the world will keep spinning along with your head I expect.

And I for one think multis are just as apropriate for AC, and while you wont see lead mine dialups where they sit, all but stationary for up to 30 seconds, you will see the development of new techniques for getting prestart advantages. Watch this space.

And Abbo, you and Johnny neednt worry too much about understanding it all, cos there will be a voice on the TV and they will point out the bow from the stern, and explain the new rules of sailing.........last one home is a dirty raskel....

Keep watchingx

#920 furling

furling

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:55 AM

http://www.delhicomm...ps/sailing.html
Here is a link to that event and there are no sailing events whatsoever, and why would anyone wish to put up a hobie16 for spectators, i mean no offence to hobie sailers, but havent we got something a little more modern. lets say at least with a spinaker! Does the ISAF even know what a multihull is?

#921 Abbo

Abbo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:57 AM

You dont like Mulithulls so just fuck off and dont read this topic...

The CUP IS ALIVE

Monomuncher and just Bob, you would have to be some of the most desperately stupid people ever to post on SA. You make Clean sound like a balanced, unbiased intelligent commentator.

Here's some advice from a wise old maths teacher I once had.... "Silence is the only successful substitute for intelligence." So, pretty please, STFU!

BTW, it's my thread, and I say ANYONE can post here.

#922 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:00 AM

And Abbo, you and Johnny neednt worry too much about understanding it all, cos there will be a voice on the TV and they will point out the bow from the stern, and explain the new rules of sailing.........last one home is a dirty raskel....

You're dreaming. There will be fuck all on TV. Nobody's interested.

#923 Just Bob

Just Bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:01 AM

You're dreaming. There will be fuck all on TV. Nobody's interested.

Give it a rest, Its way past your bedtime old man.

#924 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:04 AM

http://www.delhicomm...ps/sailing.html
Here is a link to that event and there are no sailing events whatsoever, and why would anyone wish to put up a hobie16 for spectators, i mean no offence to hobie sailers, but havent we got something a little more modern. lets say at least with a spinaker! Does the ISAF even know what a multihull is?

You don't do the homework well do you?. READ MY POST AGAIN.

ISAF had nothing to do with it.

#925 furling

furling

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:07 AM

Nor will we see sailing in 2014 either http://www.glasgow20...mes/sports.aspx

#926 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:17 AM

I will post again. READ IT.

Attempts were made to get sailing in. That is plain English. Attempts were made - in 2003 I think it was. They were unsuccessful. You don't have to state the obvious. Maybe it failed because it included multihulls. Probably too much squabbling amongst them.

#927 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:24 AM

You are out of your depth Wanker Bob. Go away.

#928 Just Bob

Just Bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:25 AM

Attempts were made to get sailing in. That is plain English. Attempts were made - in 2003 I think it was. They were unsuccessful. You don't have to state the obvious. Maybe it failed because it included multihulls. Probably too much squabbling amongst them.

Plain English... you're a Cunt JS, no wait cunts are useful. Why dont you use your grumpy old man shit by writing to the Ed of the Whitsundays Times... Oh wait Laugna really isn't in the Whitsundays.

#929 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

I've been sitting at home all day wanking. Got blisters on my dick. Should I wear a condom?

I'm in Airlie right now. Don't read the Times - nothing worth the time, though it is a useful egg timer. Went to Hammo today & sailed a multihull back to Airlie. What did you do - apart from wanking?

#930 Just Bob

Just Bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:35 AM

I've been sitting at home all day wanking. Got blisters on my dick. Should I wear a condom?

I'm in Airlie right now. Don't read the Times - nothing worth the time, though it is a useful egg timer. Went to Hammo today & sailed a multihull back to Airlie. What did you do - apart from wanking?

Ok I sat at home today watching Bathurst and drinking... What did you Sail back from Hammo? Sitting on Barracuda etc doesn't really count!

#931 furling

furling

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:19 AM

what i mean to say is why no sailing in either mono or multi? why was it knocked back and still continues to be so!

#932 Stingray

Stingray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,999 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:31 PM

Silly/wild

London, England (CNN) -- Need to get your superyacht from the crystal-blue waters of the Caribbean to the glamorous Mediterranean in a hurry? Not a problem when your luxury vessel transforms into a sleek jetplane at the click of a button.
http://www.cnn.com/2...d=mkt_face_tech

#933 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:47 AM

what i mean to say is why no sailing in either mono or multi? why was it knocked back and still continues to be so!

$$$$$$$$$$$ I guess. Someone at Yachting Victoria might have the answer.

#934 Abbo

Abbo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:16 AM

$$$$$$ I guess. Someone at Yachting Victoria might have the answer.

I think it would be pretty safe to say that yachting is way too expensive for the Commonwealth games.... it won't get up with out some SERIOUS ongoing backing.

#935 umpire

umpire

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:07 AM

I think you missed the bit about it being a puppet challenger ie BOR funded.

#936 chuso007

chuso007

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:43 PM

Spain's a whorehouse all right, and no one with anything other than shit in it's cranium can understand why is Zapatero still sitting there doing retarded faces, but believe me, there's no other country in the planet with such an amazing appetite for wasting money...

#937 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,620 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:47 AM

Spain's a whorehouse all right, and no one with anything other than shit in it's cranium can understand why is Zapatero still sitting there doing retarded faces, but believe me, there's no other country in the planet with such an amazing appetite for wasting money...

Then by all accounts they should be a prime candidate B).

Isn't the king himself a sailor ?

#938 TPG

TPG

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,196 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:06 AM

Got it. Interestingly, our research indicated that were it not for the incredible success of the Volvo Ocean Race Game, the VG website would actually have been higher-ranked worldwide than the VOR site. The game site was higher-ranked than either.

Looking at alexa for numbers of page hits does not make a website 'popular' nor would I call it 'research'.
Next time make sure to look at unique hits.
A bunch of nerds checking the VOR game every hour on the hour artificially jacking the number of hits is a horrible way to determine the 'popularity' of a site.