1710 replies to this topic

#1 Shorthanded

Shorthanded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:33 AM

So, I log in after a long absence to lodge a complaint against an SA advertiser, and I see DAWG has closed the West Michigan SA'er thread. WTF? DAWG, you're a douchebag, ED is a Douchebag and CLEAN is a douchebag. Fuck you guys...I'm outta here!

P.S. For a douchebag definition, please see the closed west Michigan thread as Fetzer has it well covered.

Edited by Dawg, 02 December 2010 - 02:05 AM.
Dawg added links back to the orginal thread as he suggested when he closed it.

#2 lartaunt

lartaunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, boating, automobiles, diving, Big Ten Sports, Sailing

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:46 AM

WTF? Apparently being one of the longest running and most popular threads is a problem to the new servers. Really don't like being lumped into the same catagory and result as some of the other stupid threads that got shut down though :angry:

#3 lartaunt

lartaunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:51 AM

To continue the poll that Fetzer started, I say "D" all of the above.

First racing activity of the 2011 season is the meeting this Sat at MYC correct? followed in the afternoon by the Slip assignment meeting? That should be a hoot. Any thoughts on what the primo spots in the new configuration will be. Close in for quick to the bar, or way out for peace and quiet and time to shove off the dock before the cops can get out that far? :lol:

#4 Greever

Greever

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:25 AM

They closed the CA36 thread in CruisingAnarchy too! :angry:

Fucking cocksuckers!:angry:

I FINALLY move to West Michigan and they close the WM SA'ers thread. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!? :blink:

Methinks SA is running out of money. Looks like DM is winning already.......

#5 Just Bob

Just Bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:43 AM

Read what Dawg posted....

Guys we are closing a few threads that are of a hellish length (5000+ posts)

Don't be shy to start a new thread and link back to this one.

Is that to hard?

Eg

Topic title...
West Bitchigan Thread 2

Bit under that
Fuck I cant think for myself

#6 fetzer24

fetzer24

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:46 AM

They shut down my Douchebag poll??

THAT SUCKS!

I was finally going to understand!

#7 Hrothgar

Hrothgar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,993 posts
  • Interests:Sailing

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:04 PM

To continue the poll that Fetzer started, I say "D" all of the above.

First racing activity of the 2011 season is the meeting this Sat at MYC correct? followed in the afternoon by the Slip assignment meeting? That should be a hoot. Any thoughts on what the primo spots in the new configuration will be. Close in for quick to the bar, or way out for peace and quiet and time to shove off the dock before the cops can get out that far? :lol:

Well, for starters, many of us are going to be in a 38 foot slips which I don't have a problem with. There are some 34 foot slips that I could fit in but due to seniority, I bet they will all be taken so we'll probably end up in a 38' slip. So that puts us on the farthest out dock. I hope that the racers will stay together.

See you all on Saturday...

Hrothgar

#8 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,669 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:50 PM

So, I log in after a long absence to lodge a complaint against an SA advertiser, and I see DAWG has closed the West Michigan SA'er thread. WTF? DAWG, you're a douchebag, ED is a Douchebag and CLEAN is a douchebag. Fuck you guys...I'm outta here!

P.S. For a douchebag definition, please see the closed west Michigan thread as Fetzer has it well covered.

we closed off some threads as invision suggested that a number of threads have over 5,000 replies and could be contributing to our forum issues. but in the meantime, you're an idiot, but at least you are right about one thing - you're outta here.

#9 Eggy

Eggy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:26 PM

we closed off some threads as invision suggested that a number of threads have over 5,000 replies and could be contributing to our forum issues. but in the meantime, you're an idiot, but at least you are right about one thing - you're outta here.

douchebag!!

#10 ropetrick

ropetrick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:27 PM

Wow

Up early and a little testy this morning aren't we ?

#11 fyschebone

fyschebone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:43 PM

Free forums. Free photo hosting. Free content. We sound like the kids that loiter in the food court at the mall.

Whiners.

#12 lartaunt

lartaunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:34 PM

They shut down my Douchebag poll??

THAT SUCKS!

I was finally going to understand!

Need to repost, it had "potential"

#13 lartaunt

lartaunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:44 PM

While agreed that Shorty was a little harsh, it would have been nice to give us a little warning, or a bit more of an explanation. It is freaking snowing here in W michigan so SA is an important lifeline to the sailing world and losing our thread was just a bit of shock. Had a similar experience in Detroit when WWWW (with Howard Stern as seen in the movie) switched from classic rock to country overnight. Just a bit disturbing, kinda like losing a friend.

No matter, if it was causing issues so be it.

#14 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,548 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:54 PM

Closed is one thing you can still read old posts - what happened to the Chicago Area 3 thread - deleted and gone forever I assume?

#15 haz

haz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:02 PM

They keep trying to flush SA down the toilet ... the big chunks go first, what's left are the floaters.

#16 From the Helm

From the Helm

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:43 PM

Great so Shorty lodges a complaint against an advertiser and the whole monster thread gets taken down! Nice move shorty. Now what, you going to pee in SSYC Cheerio's and get yourself a custom rating for the Queen's? Shit, Michigan had some cred on the forum, now we are a 15 post footnote to the gods of server memory.
Who is the Douchebagemostest of the thread killers now? Nice!

#17 From the Helm

From the Helm

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:45 PM

Don't confuse me with the reality of the situation, it was written on the web so it's true, Shorty killed the SW MI thread....one man, one thread, one bullet, we all suffer, now we know why the Canada's Cup was raced in Chicago, I bet Shorty arranged that too! Fucker.

#18 From the Helm

From the Helm

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:46 PM

Now I'm thinking Shorty probably talked that douchebag powerboater into dropping the anchor on that cruise ship....he's been gone for a while, where was he?

#19 Dawg Gonit

Dawg Gonit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:23 AM

I am thinking that it is not a limitation in the servers or database. SQL should be able to handle huge tables of data.

I am guessing it is a software issue that only SA could find. The IPS techs recommend keeping threads below 1500 posts. I suppose there is a limitation int he code that they thought no one would ever hit. The posts I closed and advised to link back to all had over 5000 or more posts.

Usually a thread has already made its point or has changed it's subject or deteriorated after a couple hundred posts.

The SA community pushes the limits in every thing and every direction.

Maybe I should allow thread starters to close their threads when they feel the point has been made or if just turns into a shit fest?????

#20 fyschebone

fyschebone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:37 AM

I am thinking that it is not a limitation in the servers or database. SQL should be able to handle huge tables of data.

I am guessing it is a software issue that only SA could find. The IPS techs recommend keeping threads below 1500 posts. I suppose there is a limitation int he code that they thought no one would ever hit. The posts I closed and advised to link back to all had over 5000 or more posts.

Usually a thread has already made its point or has changed it's subject or deteriorated after a couple hundred posts.

The SA community pushes the limits in every thing and every direction.

Maybe I should allow thread starters to close their threads when they feel the point has been made or if just turns into a shit fest?????

The thread was just our gathering place/announcement board/venting space, so when it got locked up it was like telling us we had to move. We've moved, we'll get over it. It was/will be an interesting time capsule though.

#21 Dawg Gonit

Dawg Gonit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:40 AM

The thread was just our gathering place/announcement board/venting space, so when it got locked up it was like telling us we had to move. We've moved, we'll get over it. It was/will be an interesting time capsule though.

It is not hard to link back to it or to individual post in the thread.

You can still read it and search for it.

It has not gone away.

#22 fyschebone

fyschebone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:46 AM

It has not gone away.

Understood.
(and thanks for all that you do!)

#23 SpongeDeckSquareFoil

SpongeDeckSquareFoil

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:59 AM

Had a similar experience in Detroit when WWWW (with Howard Stern as seen in the movie) switched from classic rock to country overnight. Just a bit disturbing, kinda like losing a friend.

Screw that WWWW. What about when WABX switched to pop. That was the seminal experience of corporate greed squeezing the balls. Still sickens me after all these years.

#24 lartaunt

lartaunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:12 AM

Had a similar experience in Detroit when WWWW (with Howard Stern as seen in the movie) switched from classic rock to country overnight. Just a bit disturbing, kinda like losing a friend.

Screw that WWWW. What about when WABX switched to pop. That was the seminal experience of corporate greed squeezing the balls. Still sickens me after all these years.

I think I was off to MSU and couldn't get Detroit radio when ABX did the switch W/4 was my station. Never forget the DJ's Stern, Steve Dahl, and others that morning playin the country songs and saying nothing. They were all gone to WRIF or other cities or stations, in a matter of days. I think it was 78 or 79. When did ABX switch?

#25 lartaunt

lartaunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:26 AM

It has not gone away.

Understood dawg, and you are right of course but, our West Mi thread was not a subject, it was a gathering place. Linking back isn't the point as none of us really ever go back and scroll through it anyway, it is just a chronical of the community. Pathetic as that may be :D, Kinda like the neighborhood bar burning down and moving accross the street. Not really all that different but yet never quite the same either. Keeping the thread on the first page of threads was kind of a point of pride (hey we are in Michigan, we gotta hang our hat on something!).

We'll get over it, it was just a shock and a disruption in our everyday routine.

#26 Slow Ed

Slow Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:36 AM

You left coasters have to admit that the death of the 1000 day thread was worth taking one for the team.

#27 fyschebone

fyschebone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:45 AM

You left coasters have to admit that the death of the 1000 day thread was worth taking one for the team.

Good lord, yes. I also hope we got rid of Espo's Eternal Question and the Neverending Stories.

#28 Dawg Gonit

Dawg Gonit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:53 AM

It has not gone away.

Understood dawg, and you are right of course but, our West Mi thread was not a subject, it was a gathering place. Linking back isn't the point as none of us really ever go back and scroll through it anyway, it is just a chronical of the community. Pathetic as that may be :D, Kinda like the neighborhood bar burning down and moving accross the street. Not really all that different but yet never quite the same either. Keeping the thread on the first page of threads was kind of a point of pride (hey we are in Michigan, we gotta hang our hat on something!).

We'll get over it, it was just a shock and a disruption in our everyday routine.

Maybe it's just me.............having lost half of my body (I still have to drag around), losing a thread seems pretty Minor especially when you can create a new one with more relevant banter. I am sure the last few posts had nothing to do with the first few hundred. Like the bar scenario every day is a new one and the last one is left behind (but not forgotten) ???

Maybe I'll create a "Closed Threads" category so they are easy to find and review for posterity's sake. ;)

#29 dyslexic dog

dyslexic dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:05 AM

This is my first post in over 2 months and most likely one of my last. Dawg, I appreciate what you do but Scot is an asshole and I don't want to support his shit anymore. Banning Bob is just another nail in the coffin of BS on this website. Later again.

#30 fetzer24

fetzer24

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:43 PM

Nice work with that one Dawg. Unfortunately I'm not getting a lot of feed back on my douchebagness. The timing of this thread closing has overshadowed the open invitation I gave the entire W.M. community to thrash me.....

Did Bob really get flicked?

#31 Anti Clean

Anti Clean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:13 PM

Hell, the guy that started the thread hasn't even been here in over a year................

#32 Hrothgar

Hrothgar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,993 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:48 PM

So far on this new thread, there have been exactly 0 comments about sailing...yet a whole lot of bitching about the SA thread-closing phenomenon...

Hroth

#33 S291sailor

S291sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Interests:S2 9.1meter, Club420, Lasers, Optis

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:07 PM

So far on this new thread, there have been exactly 0 comments about sailing...yet a whole lot of bitching about the SA thread-closing phenomenon...

Hroth

Exactly.

I'll go out on a limb and toss some sailing fodder into the mix... There is actually a bunch of sailing related stuff going on this weekend. I know I'm gonna be at most of the following:

• Saturday is the long awaited day when MYC will assign slips in its new dock configuration. To be sure, this should make for an interesting afternoon.
  • Later on Saturday afternoon is the annual kids Christmas party at MYC.
  • Saturday evening is the MYC Christmas Party for "grown-ups" ("grown ups" being arguably a relative term at MYC)
  • The WMYSA (representing junior programs from 6-10 West Michigan clubs) meets on Sunday afternoon to discuss the 2011 WMYSA season.
  • On Sunday afternoon, GRYC is meeting with all its fleets to discuss race management and the racing schedule for 2011.
  • Next Wed Dec 8, there is a meeting to discuss 2011 racing for all the various fleets at MYC.
So... y'all can stare at your web browsers and whine... or you can join one of the activities on the list above. (or we could revive the "Is Fetzer a douchebag?" thread...)(no offense BT)

(rant over)

#34 Hrothgar

Hrothgar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,993 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:00 PM

Hroth

Exactly.

I'll go out on a limb and toss some sailing fodder into the mix... There is actually a bunch of sailing related stuff going on this weekend. I know I'm gonna be at most of the following:

• Saturday is the long awaited day when MYC will assign slips in its new dock configuration. To be sure, this should make for an interesting afternoon.
  • Saturday evening is the MYC Christmas Party for "grown-ups" ("grown ups" being arguably a relative term at MYC)
  • The WMYSA (representing junior programs from 6-10 West Michigan clubs) meets on Sunday afternoon to discuss the 2011 WMYSA season.
  • On Sunday afternoon, GRYC is meeting with all its fleets to discuss race management and the racing schedule for 2011.
  • Next Wed Dec 8, there is a meeting to discuss 2011 racing for all the various fleets at MYC.
So... y'all can stare at your web browsers and whine... or you can join one of the activities on the list above. (or we could revive the "Is Fetzer a douchebag?" thread...)(no offense BT)

(rant over)

I will be at the Slip Assignment meeting and the Dec 8 race meeting at MYC.

Hroth

#35 F395

F395

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:26 PM

Is there any way a non-member of MYC can view the new slip layout ???

#36 lartaunt

lartaunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:26 PM

Yep! Great point. Can't argue with that a bit!

#37 lartaunt

lartaunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:37 PM

Nice work with that one Dawg. Unfortunately I'm not getting a lot of feed back on my douchebagness. The timing of this thread closing has overshadowed the open invitation I gave the entire W.M. community to thrash me.....

Did Bob really get flicked?

Based on what I saw in the thread, I am thinking Bob got flicked for putting in a link to a competing web page not for his comments, especially since that was post #2 on this thread that is now missing. As much as I frequently don't agree with Ed, hard to blame him for that.

#38 lartaunt

lartaunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

It is not posted anywhere. It went out in a mailing. The FAQ's on the dock project that need a password, I was informed yesteday have not been updated in over a year and the diagram there is no longer accurate. If I can remember to bring it to the office, I will scan and post.

#39 lartaunt

lartaunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

Hroth

Exactly.

(rant over)

Also Peter has called a race committee meeting for next Wed at 5pm, I think the Victoria Secret fashion show is also on Wed night so that could be a hell of a guys night out!

#40 Hrothgar

Hrothgar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,993 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:19 PM

Hroth

Exactly.

(rant over)

Also Peter has called a race committee meeting for next Wed at 5pm, I think the Victoria Secret fashion show is also on Wed night so that could be a hell of a guys night out!

The Victoria Secret show was this last Tuesday...I think...

Hroth

#41 lartaunt

lartaunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:25 AM

Hroth

Exactly.

(rant over)

Hroth

You are correct but being re shown at 8pm on the 8th on the CW channel, whatever that is

#42 fyschebone

fyschebone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:07 AM

Too bad we can't turn safesearch off at the clubhouse. Nothing like getting together with a bunch of guys and watching a bunch of women...wearing underwear.

#43 cport

cport

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:28 AM

Too bad we can't turn safesearch off at the clubhouse. Nothing like getting together with a bunch of guys and watching a bunch of women...wearing underwear.

I trust you'll be there to boot-leg the video? Or did you sub-contract that to "D-it-F"?

#44 LakeMIsailor

LakeMIsailor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:07 AM

Hroth

Exactly.

(rant over)

Hroth

You are correct but being re shown at 8pm on the 8th on the CW channel, whatever that is

So you guys can get on the internet, so why watch women on tv in their underwear when there is just a world of internet porn. I am so disappointed

#45 Great_lakes_racer

Great_lakes_racer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:12 AM

First time on SA in a while, must admit i was mildly desturbed that the old thread is no longer active/has been shut down but it's whatever, now as for bob being flicked that's a shame.

anyway, sailing season is only what..4/5 or so months away, yippeee :D

#46 Eggy

Eggy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:54 PM

First time on SA in a while, must admit i was mildly desturbed that the old thread is no longer active/has been shut down but it's whatever, now as for bob being flicked that's a shame.

anyway, sailing season is only what..4/5 or so months away, yippeee :D

Build an ice boat. ~2 months and we will have ice. Winter sailing season. :D

#47 Hrothgar

Hrothgar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,993 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:26 PM

Race Committee meeting at MYC this Wednesday the 8th at 5:00 PM...I believe that the 2011 schedule will be the main topic of conversation. One significant change that I read was that the Queens Cup will be on July 1 this year, which puts it on the Friday of the long July 4 weekend. Should be interesting to see if this impacts participation at all since many may have other plans over that long weekend.

Hroth

#48 S291sailor

S291sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:40 PM

Race Committee meeting at MYC this Wednesday the 8th at 5:00 PM...I believe that the 2011 schedule will be the main topic of conversation. One significant change that I read was that the Queens Cup will be on July 1 this year, which puts it on the Friday of the long July 4 weekend. Should be interesting to see if this impacts participation at all since many may have other plans over that long weekend.

Hroth

I saw that too as we discussed the WMYSA schedule yesterday. Probably not a concern for many folks, but we've scheduled one of the four WMYSA regattas for July 1 - so I know I won't be doing Queens... instead I will be helping to wrangle 75-100 little boats on Spring Lake that day.

Another slight change this year is that the Westerns will be a little earlier than usual: Aug 4-6 which lands on top of the MBYC Commodore's Cup...

#49 Hrothgar

Hrothgar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,993 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:22 PM

Check this out...

Hroth

Attached Files

#50 GABA

GABA

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:03 AM

Check this out...

Hroth

Looks like a sketch on the back of somebody's bar napkin!

#51 Hrothgar

Hrothgar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,993 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:14 PM

Check this out...

Hroth

Looks like a sketch on the back of somebody's bar napkin!

Ha! Yes, that's the way we roll at MYC...all important documents created on the back of bar napkins...

Hroth

#52 F395

F395

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:08 PM

Thanks for posting the MYC dock project. It is far from what i thought it might look like

#53 Geff

Geff

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:38 PM

Glad I found this thread again.

#54 @last

@last

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:13 AM

Good meeting at MYC tonight, interesting location for 2012 Queens finish.

#55 lartaunt

lartaunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:23 AM

Yeah, never been to South Haven so even with the long delivery back to Musk I will probablly do it. Don't think the Tripp cup if it follows is in the works though.

#56 Geff

Geff

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:06 PM

Yeah, never been to South Haven so even with the long delivery back to Musk I will probablly do it. Don't think the Tripp cup if it follows is in the works though.

Hopefully the Tripp will remain the same. My understanding is that the wall in Grand Haven just couldn't be safe enough for all the competitor's boats.

#57 Hrothgar

Hrothgar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,993 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:18 PM

Discussion last night was that the Tripp Cup would probably stay in Muskegon. There was little enthusiasm for starting the Tripp in South Haven...

Hroth

#58 glexpress

glexpress

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:01 PM

Great so Shorty lodges a complaint against an advertiser and the whole monster thread gets taken down! Nice move shorty. Now what, you going to pee in SSYC Cheerio's and get yourself a custom rating for the Queen's? Shit, Michigan had some cred on the forum, now we are a 15 post footnote to the gods of server memory.
Who is the Douchebagemostest of the thread killers now? Nice!

Well at least Shorty's employers weren't harassed by ED (assuming he foolishly used a company email to lodge that complaint :rolleyes: )

#59 wardo59

wardo59

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:18 PM

What is the date and finish location for 2011? Thanks.

#60 Hrothgar

Hrothgar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,993 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:52 PM

What is the date and finish location for 2011? Thanks.

July 1...finishing in Muskegon

Hroth

#61 fyschebone

fyschebone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:25 PM

bump.

Good ice anywhere yet?

#62 Geff

Geff

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:09 PM

bump.

Good ice anywhere yet?

We got 4" here on the East side on some of the smaller lakes around A2, but this heavy snow is making an insulating cover for the bitter cold coming in a few days, so predictions for a super hard freeze and making many inches is out the window for the time being.

#63 FUYC

FUYC

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:00 PM

Posted Image
<P class=text>HOTLINK
Monday, 12/13/10 - Miami, Fla. - 2010 Audi Melges 20 USA Sailing Series Champion Michael Kiss, from Holland, Mich. and crew comprised of Chris Rast and Jamie Kimball on Bacio took the 25-strong Miami Winter Series fleet by storm winning all three of Sunday's races and the event by a substantial 8 points.

"It's great to be here in Coconut Grove. The breeze was much better today than yesterday. We just had a great time sailing the Audi Melges 20." said Kiss post racing. In second overall was California's Sid Gorham on Funner, and in third was Tony Tabb on Elevation Racing. More here - photo by joy Dunnigan.

#64 FUYC

FUYC

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:07 PM

A few West Coasters down there tearing it up!

Rod Jabin Wins Second Consecutive Melges 32 Gold Cup Title

Posted Image
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
INTERNATIONAL MELGES 32 CLASS ASSOCIATION
05 DECEMBER 2010

Rod Jabin Wins Second Consecutive Melges 32 Gold Cup Title

Three races and stunning conditions conclude the 2010 Melges 32 Gold Cup Regatta in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. - Three final races at the 2010 Melges 32 Gold Cup Regatta, hosted by the Lauderdale Yacht Club (LYC) enabled Annapolis' Rod Jabin on Ramrod to win his second consecutive Melges 32 Gold Cup title. This is also the first time ever that anyone has won the event two years in a row. Jabin's team consisted of tactician Chris Larson and crew of Richard Clarke, Curtis Florence, Ray Wulff, Scott Holmgren and Vann Walke.

"This is pretty special. Unbelievable really, but I have to give credit where credit is due. The crew work this weekend has been awesome." said an ecstatic Jabin after racing. "Thank goodness for a third race. The Ramrod program is really coming together and we now feel like we're making some progress. Our only expectation for this event was to be competitive. My crew, they worked so hard and never gave up. That's what this win is about."

In second overall, one slim point behind was Steve Howe on Warpath and tactician Morgan Larson. Overnight leader Ryan DeVos and tactician Ed Baird on Volpe struggled in Sunday's three races leaving them to settle for third.

"The Gold Cup certainly delivered some great racing. I think the Melges 32 fleet has really come into its own." said newly elected North American Fleet President, John Taylor on Ninkasi. "Getting 21 boats in Fort Lauderdale for a little wind and sun, a great time and plenty of Heineken makes it a spectacular event."

Sunday's original schedule called for only two races, but after Saturday's light air conditions, the impeccable LYC race committee delivered the goods and fulfilled every owner's hopes for three more heats. Gorgeous sunshine and a pleasant 10-15 knots of breeze was pumping for the start with Jeff Ecklund putting his signature gold STAR on the first two races of the day. His lead was not instant, but well-earned beating out Jabin, Taylor, Bob Hughes helming Dalton DeVos' Delta and Howe with brilliant upwind performance and fantastic downwind speed.

Race three of the day sealed the deal on victory for some, while others, such as Ecklund, ended with tragic results. Three attempts were made to start race three, but the fleet couldn't come up with anything better than general recalls. The race committee put the black flag into effect. Ecklund simply couldn't hold the reigns back, being called OCS and forced out of the race. As if the first two races of the day weren't disastrous and disappointing enough for the young DeVos, he too was called OCS in race three. Instead, Lanfranco Cirillo's Fantastica pulled ahead of the fleet and looked fast as he extended his lead with each passing beat of the five-leg race. Cirillo won easily, miles ahead of second place finisher Hughes and third place finisher Jabin.

The International Melges 32 Class Association would like to extend a very special thanks to the Lauderdale Yacht Club, race committee and the dozens of volunteers that helped ensure the success of such an amazing event, in particular Mark Smith, Lisa Friesecke, Bob Meagher and Mike Toppa who organized the league of youth sailors for Take A Junior Sailing Day. The list goes on. Thanks to Melges USA and Melges Service whose unwavering support is incredible. Additional thanks to Team Ninkasi and Heineken Beer for all the beer each day after sailing.

MEGA MEDIA
All during the event, friends, family and fans of the Melges 32 were able to tune-in and enjoy the racing action and developments from a distance, special thanks to Sail 22ís all new Sailing Updates. Thanks Sail22 for making this happen!

Photo galleries are now online:
View JOY | International Melges 32 Class Association Gallery
View John Payne Gallery
View Sail 22 Gallery

Each daily race report, press release and tons of photo galleries are available at the official website of the International Melges 32 Class Association. Stay in touch with the Melges 32 by subscribing to the IM32CA RSS Feed or visiting the Official Melges 32 Blog. The Melges 32 can also be found on Facebook and Twitter.

TOP TEN RESULTS (FINAL, After eight races)
1.) Rod Jabin | Chris Larson, Ramrod; 4-2-1-12-8-2-[18]-3 = 32
2.) Steve Howe | Morgan Larson, Warpath; [8]-8-1-5-4-8-3-4 = 33
3.) Ryan DeVos | Ed Baird, Volpe; 3-2-3-1-5=14=11=[22/BFD] = 39
4.) Joe Woods | Paul Goodison, Red; 6-[11]-5-9-6-5-6-7 = 44
5.) Jeff Ecklund | Harry Melges, III, STAR; 15-6-8-8-7-1-1-[22/BFD] = 46
6.) Dalton DeVos| Chris Rast, Delta; 11-9-12-3-[12]-7-2-2 = 46
7.) Lanfranco Cirillo | Michele Paoletti, Fantastica; 7-19-4-2-14-[22/OCS]-4-1 = 51
8.) Alex Jackson | Rob Greenhalgh, Leenabarca; 1-7-7-15-1-12-[17]-11 = 54
9.) Joel Ronning | Bill Hardesty, Catapult; 5-15-13-6-10-4-9-[17] = 62
10.) Jason Carroll | Dave Ullman, ARGO; 10-10-6-7-9-[18]-12-8 = 62
View Full Results
View Full Crew List
2010 Melges 32 Gold Cup Official Event Website

#65 cport

cport

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:52 PM

FUYC.... He still lives!!!

#66 beebs

beebs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:33 PM

yea page five...bump

#67 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,251 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:18 AM

yea page five...bump

finals done?;)

#68 S291sailor

S291sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:30 AM

Skiing is plenty fun in the winter but sailing videos on You Tube can also be a fun distraction when all the boats are stored away. Our kids have a Club 420 that is all theirs to play on - but after seeing this video, daddy is thinking he's gonna borrow their boat and do THIS next summer. Yee freaking haaaa!!!

#69 Hrothgar

Hrothgar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,993 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:56 PM

Bump. Merry Christmas to all...

Hroth

#70 Lamps

Lamps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:42 PM

It has not gone away.

Just start a new one...

#71 fetzer24

fetzer24

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:20 PM

It has not gone away.

Just start a new one...

Brilliant....

#72 lartaunt

lartaunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:05 PM

It has not gone away.

Just start a new one...

Brilliant....

LMAO....

Merry Christmas all! Not eveybody on this forum has both oars in the water but you do keep me amused! _/)

#73 @last

@last

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 12:11 AM

Merry x-mas to all West MI SA'ers, looking forward to the return trip to the frozen north week after next and PB's winter wed sessions in anticipation of 2011. Any word on SM's trip across the pond/if he made it/had a good time?

#74 Geff

Geff

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:00 AM

LMAO....

Merry Christmas all! Not eveybody on this forum has both oars in the water but you do keep me amused! _/)

+1!

#75 LedRacer

LedRacer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:28 PM

New Years eve party at Muskegon Yacht Club open to everyone no cover charge, band is Die Robot Die (80s) cover band, tell everyone, bring everyone !!!!!!!!

#76 Greever

Greever

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:47 AM

What time does the party start? When you say open to everyone, does that mean non-members are welcome to attend?

Maybe I could go to the party and then crash on my boat so I don't get a DUI.......

#77 fyschebone

fyschebone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:23 AM

this afternoon

Attached Files

#78 fyschebone

fyschebone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:25 AM

someone enjoying the mkg lake ice in an Arrow

Attached Files

#79 fyschebone

fyschebone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:30 AM

close up at full res

Attached Files

#80 Greever

Greever

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:45 AM

this afternoon

Ah fysch. you are killing me. I am dieing to see what this place looks like from a bugsmasher.

So the ice is thick enough already? I thought it would be a while yet?

#81 fyschebone

fyschebone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:47 AM

this afternoon

Ah fysch. you are killing me. I am dieing to see what this place looks like from a bugsmasher.

Yep, although most of the iceboating action is up on White Lake right now. There was just the lone, brave sail up in front of MYC sailing this afternoon. Looked like you could get into trouble pretty quickly on MKG lake today if you weren't careful...open water, seams, pressure ridges, tugboats...

#82 Geff

Geff

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:50 AM

Nice! I was up yesterday around the A2 area and over the Chain of Lakes just N of town, but nothing like being over there.

#83 Greever

Greever

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:57 AM

this afternoon

Yep, although most of the iceboating action is up on White Lake right now. There was just the lone, brave sail up in front of MYC sailing this afternoon. Looked like you could get into trouble pretty quickly on MKG lake today if you weren't careful...open water, seams, pressure ridges, tugboats...

Fuk that shit. I thought it was too early to safely get on that lake. Plus its been a little warm lately and will be for the next few days. ( I can't believe I just said that considering I just moved here from PHX. Hah!)

I used to fly out of KDVT in North Phoenix, AZ. Where do you fly out of?

#84 fyschebone

fyschebone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:04 AM

I fly out of KMKG, with the west michigan flying club.
http://www.wmflyingclub.org/

I shot the pics from the C177 Cardinal...

#85 Greever

Greever

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:19 AM

I fly out of KMKG, with the west michigan flying club.
http://www.wmflyingclub.org/

I shot the pics from the C177 Cardinal...

Thanks for the link.

Man I love the way those Cardinals look! Something about getting rid of those ugly struts really makes those birds look great. Hopefully she had the 180 horse engine?

I used to own a Cherokee 140E. Had to sell her back in 2008 so that I could keep my boat. Couldn't afford both.......

Going to check out the website now, thanks again.

#86 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,536 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:37 AM

amazing shot fysche. Merry New Year to all the Western boys and girls from Mer and me from sunny spain. See you in the spring.

#87 LedRacer

LedRacer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:48 PM

What time does the party start? When you say open to everyone, does that mean non-members are welcome to attend?

Maybe I could go to the party and then crash on my boat so I don't get a DUI.......

Drinking will start when ever you get there,I think the band starts around 8:30 or so,we have a one day license to serve booze to the public. Fri. will be in the 40s so passing out on the boat will be cofortable, with a small heater.

#88 More Cowbell2

More Cowbell2

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts
  • Interests:Psychoanalysis of dormant amoebas, underwater basket weaving, phlembology, political activism for alien sub-species, counting to twelve, making square blocks fit into round holes, yadda, yadda, yadda

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:31 PM

<br />

<br />Had a similar experience in Detroit when WWWW (with Howard Stern as seen in the movie) switched from classic rock to country overnight. Just a bit disturbing, kinda like losing a friend.<br /><br />

<br />Screw that WWWW. What about when WABX switched to pop. That was the seminal experience of corporate greed squeezing the balls. Still sickens me after all these years.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Still have your DREAD card, don't you?

#89 lartaunt

lartaunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:42 PM

this afternoon

Yeah from the shot of the whole lake I would probably stay away from that channel down the middle that a tug carved. Might be a wee bit thinner there! Otherwise it has been plenty cold enough to freeze the lake thick enough. We will see what the rain does this weekend though. Might smooth it out or make it go away altogether.

Nice job Fyshe!

#90 Geff

Geff

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:38 PM

<br />

<br />Had a similar experience in Detroit when WWWW (with Howard Stern as seen in the movie) switched from classic rock to country overnight. Just a bit disturbing, kinda like losing a friend.<br /><br />

<br />Screw that WWWW. What about when WABX switched to pop. That was the seminal experience of corporate greed squeezing the balls. Still sickens me after all these years.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Still have your DREAD card, don't you?

Yep...Still got mine!

#91 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,536 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:35 AM

Front page tonight. Great stuff.

#92 lartaunt

lartaunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:02 AM

Congrats Fysche! See I told ya :D

#93 Geff

Geff

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:12 AM

Congrats Fysche! See I told ya :D

Awesome! And nicely done...Posted Image

#94 fetzer24

fetzer24

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:16 PM

What's the front page?

HA HA...love you Clean. See hi to your bride for me.

BT

#95 fyschebone

fyschebone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:24 PM

Bump.

Strictly Sail, Chicago. 1/27-1/30

http://www.strictlys...m/showinfo.aspx

Let's go.

#96 Hrothgar

Hrothgar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,993 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:44 PM

I am extremely bored at work today so I thought I would try to jumpstart some conversation about the 2011 season...our schedule is looking like this with an eye toward the Area IV events...

South Haven
Tripp Cup
Queens Cup
Chi-Mac
GRSC/HTYC
Governors Cup
Anchorage Cup

Plus, we'll try to do a bunch of the local races at MYC in addition to the 22 weeks of Wednesday nights...

What is everyone else up to for 2011. Less than 4 months to launch!

Hrothgar

#97 fetzer24

fetzer24

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:03 PM

I am extremely bored at work today so I thought I would try to jumpstart some conversation about the 2011 season...our schedule is looking like this with an eye toward the Area IV events...

South Haven
Tripp Cup
Queens Cup
Chi-Mac
GRSC/HTYC
Governors Cup
Anchorage Cup

Plus, we'll try to do a bunch of the local races at MYC in addition to the 22 weeks of Wednesday nights...

Hrothgar

I want to do everything you want to do.

#98 S291sailor

S291sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:14 PM

South Haven
Tripp Cup
Queens Cup
Chi-Mac
GRSC/HTYC
Governors Cup
Anchorage Cup

Hrothgar

"Everything he wants to do"? ... or just the sailing stuff?

#99 fetzer24

fetzer24

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:44 PM

South Haven
Tripp Cup
Queens Cup
Chi-Mac
GRSC/HTYC
Governors Cup
Anchorage Cup

Hrothgar

Everything.....Absolutely everything.

#100 fyschebone

fyschebone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

Everything.....Absolutely everything.

"Whatever you want, honey."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users