1693 replies to this topic

#1 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:45 PM

Yep, the DAWG said we needed to start a new thread 'cause the first one has grown too big, 170 pages and almost 190,000 hits.

Next up on the calendar: Holiday Regatta, December 3 & 4th. Four one design classes, J/105, J/24, Ocean 20, and Melges 24 along with PHRF.

If you need to look back for something in the old thread here it is

#2 Madmax

Madmax

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,837 posts
  • Interests:Sailing Surfing Flying Skiing

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:35 AM

Welcome back.

#3 silent bob

silent bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:53 AM

Happy Birthday, Maxwell!

#4 Inter 20

Inter 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:10 AM

Just got done with the SBYC sail policy meeting. I proposed www ( Winter Wet Wednesday ) The races would begin early January and have a start time for the first class at 2:30. Classes would be CHRF, Harbor 20, and everything else divided into 2 starts. Boats 35 and longer and under 35. Obviously with any earlier start time and being in winter makes the turn out lower.
Working people may not be able to make it. It would not happen every Wednesday due to the holidays and weekend races. I think it's worth a try. I have received very little objection to the concept. Please reply with any thoughts. My crew is itching to go sailing.

#5 silent bob

silent bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:27 AM

Mmm, half day Wednesdays. Arrive at the office at 9:45, have a coffee, take a dump, then a smoke. Let's see, it's almost 11:30, better get a jump on lunch to beat the crowds. A couple of Bloody's for lunch, and it's 1:30. Better head down to the boat early to watch the crew rig it.while i drink a beer. Drift until 4, drink more beer, then watch crew put away boat. Head up to club and have cocktails until dinner is ready. Arrive at office at 10:15 Thursday, hungover.

Yeah, it just might work!

#6 chica-loca

chica-loca

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:13 AM

Mmm, half day Wednesdays. Arrive at the office at 9:45, have a coffee, take a dump, then a smoke. Let's see, it's almost 11:30, better get a jump on lunch to beat the crowds. A couple of Bloody's for lunch, and it's 1:30. Better head down to the boat early to watch the crew rig it.while i drink a beer. Drift until 4, drink more beer, then watch crew put away boat. Head up to club and have cocktails until dinner is ready. Arrive at office at 10:15 Thursday, hungover.

Yeah, it just might work!

Oh, dear, I think I may have crewed for you in the past.....

I'm all for Wet Winter Wednesdays as long as congress agrees to extend unemployment benefits. However, I certainly would welcome an excuse to race during the winter instead of having to get my ocean ya-ya's fulfilled by reading silly sailing anarchy posts! How much does it cost to rent flood lights? (I can't find my friggin' mittens....)

#7 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:27 AM

Wow, what an asshole move..Mad Max has created a new thread using our thread title. The guy has been non existant in sailing this year. What is his motive? :angry:

#8 chica-loca

chica-loca

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:32 AM

Wow, what an asshole move..Mad Max has created a new thread using our thread title. The guy has been non existant in sailing this year. What is his motive? :angry:

#9 chica-loca

chica-loca

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:34 AM

Who the hell knows, but I am confused and just posted a comment on that thread. Whoopsie daisy!

#10 chica-loca

chica-loca

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:44 AM

Wrong playground! I'm headed over to Santa Barbara Sailing Part 2. Join me! Adios to the rest of you!

#11 Beckett

Beckett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Butterfly collecting<br />the Edge

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:46 AM

Didn't he start another copy cat thread called Santa Barbara Racing? It never had any of the sailing info that Janer supplies and his thread died quickly. How is it possible for him to use the same thread name as Janer;s. Need to call tech support on this one.

looking forward to racing one design this weekend Holiday Regatta. Keep us informed janer
and tell others that the Max Bullshit thread is not welcome. and or stupid.

#12 Inter 20

Inter 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:53 AM

Is this the SB News press or the Independent? I'm confused. How many SB threads are there? Isn't this public domain in which no one person owns a thread? Has the Fairness Doctrine hit SA? Please set me straight.

#13 Inter 20

Inter 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:02 AM

Looks like a merger of DNA has happened. What does this mean? Is it some kind of marriage? Who be da husband?

#14 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:12 PM

Thank God it's Friday

Attached File  Whambulance.gif   15.84K   8 downloads

#15 Inter 20

Inter 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:07 PM

Attached File  Alpha Cat 18.JPG   189.13K   75 downloads I think this was taken in 1975 in front of SBYC. I had blond hair back then.

#16 Ship o' Fools

Ship o' Fools

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:24 PM

Attached File  Alpha Cat 18.JPG   189.13K   75 downloads I think this was taken in 1975 in front of SBYC. I had blond hair back then.

Did you trade a rusted out '56 brown VW Bug for that boat?

#17 Inter 20

Inter 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:29 PM

Did you trade a rusted out '56 brown VW Bug for that boat?

I got the '65 VW bug in the deal when I sold the boat. You have an above average memory.

#18 Madmax

Madmax

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:00 PM

Ughhhh.

Too busy to sail, yes, Growing my business. G4 Baby!

#19 Madmax

Madmax

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:12 PM

Just got done with the SBYC sail policy meeting. I proposed www ( Winter Wet Wednesday ) The races would begin early January and have a start time for the first class at 2:30. Classes would be CHRF, Harbor 20, and everything else divided into 2 starts. Boats 35 and longer and under 35. Obviously with any earlier start time and being in winter makes the turn out lower.
Working people may not be able to make it. It would not happen every Wednesday due to the holidays and weekend races. I think it's worth a try. I have received very little objection to the concept. Please reply with any thoughts. My crew is itching to go sailing.

Sounds fun to me!

#20 Madmax

Madmax

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:16 PM

Nice Janer. Dont say things in private you will not share with all.

Sent Today, 05:15 AM

"Max what is your fucking problem> You are like a non entity in Santa Barbara. Why are you pretending to take over my thread? God do something positive for a change."

Janer

"The Bitchen Chicks Yacht Club"

#21 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

Wow, what an asshole move..Mad Max has created a new thread using our thread title. The guy has been non existence in sailing this year. What is his motive? :angry:

janer - i've knowm max for 20 years and he is the opposite of an asshole. you, on the other hand have presented yourself to be the very definition of one on many occasions.

#22 DoRag

DoRag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:40 PM

Can't we all just get along?

#23 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:13 AM

Excellent, we have da Max, da Ed and da Rag all in one room. I'll be racing tomorrow, maybe you could all chat amongst yourselves then. I'll be back to report on the racing and have some photos, so maybe you can find another thread to terrorize so I can get back to sailing reporting. ;)

Peace and groovey love,
Janer

#24 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:25 AM

Incredible and wonderful news for lovely Lisa (Bowman Chewy's partner). After several years of battling an inoperable brain tumor, chemo and all the trials and pain that went with it, she had a scan yesterday that showed IT WAS GONE. This is a true miracle and blessing for Lisa and Chewy and all of those who have shown support during this difficult time. Your friends are all so happy for both of you!

She put photos of the brain scan on Facebook. Awesome. They had lots of love and prayers from all of their sailing friends during the ordeal. Now onward and upward, getting you both out on the water.

Attached Files

#25 chica-loca

chica-loca

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:15 AM

Excellent, we have da Max, da Ed and da Rag all in one room. I'll be racing tomorrow, maybe you could all chat amongst yourselves then. I'll be back to report on the racing and have some photos, so maybe you can find another thread to terrorize so I can get back to sailing reporting. ;)

Peace and groovey love,
Janer

See you on the water, Janer. May the best Harbor 20 win--hopefully the one I'm on! :rolleyes:

#26 Ball Breaker

Ball Breaker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:24 PM

Looks like there will be 8 or 9 Harbor 20's racing in the Holiday Regatta today a Sunday. Have a fun sail.

#27 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,960 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:03 PM

Peace and groovey love,
Janer

wow what a hostile environment you all play in

and the maturity (lack there of) - this is not a thread it's a youth hostile (spelled properly)

the only person with any "CLAIM" to any part of SA is (as lovingly refurred to) da Ed

well I'm glad the move has been completed and everyone got the same seat again (or soap box)

Hay just got a PM from da SA Security Office who had reviewed the surveillance tapes to see witch SBS-SP2 thread was 1st

Well sorry MAX but the video clearly shows this thread was "Owned" without lapse in coverage

see for your self - Warning Contains Nudity Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Looks like there will be 8 or 9 Harbor 20's racing in the Holiday Regatta today a Sunday. Have a fun sail.

and BB enjoy the rest of Today "Saturday" for tomorrow "Sunday" shall come da rain

#28 Madmax

Madmax

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:29 AM

Jane..............nevermind.

Sent Yesterday, 04:35 AM
Your egregious post shows just how sorry you are. You're so ingenerous. Thanks for encouraging more shit on the Santa Barbara thread. Sad. Sad too that you would use Laura's typical response of making public a private email. Nice work.
Janer

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast
for I intend to go in harm's way. John Paul Jones

The Bitchen Chicks Yacht Club"

#29 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:01 AM

Great turn out for the Holiday Regatta even though it was cold and not the greatest conditions, great RC work. The A Class got off 4 races with Skian Dhu now in the lead with 5 points followed by Taxi 7 points. Great to have Deke here with an Olson 30, but Blues Crews (J/92)Kieding/Baxter leads with 5 points followed by Perfect (Kevin Miller/Laura S) 6 points and Deke Klatt of Ventura with 7 points. Eight Ocean 20's raced with Fire Fly (Commodore Jack Byers and Pat Toole) taking 3 bullets, followed by Rich and Tom with 8 points. Third was Fleur de Lis (myself, Bill Bench and Sharon Green) with 9 points. There was also a J/105 fleet and Melges 24 fleet who's results are not up yet. Tomorrow is another day, probably with totally different conditions as another front may be coming thru. :huh:

#30 Ball Breaker

Ball Breaker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:23 AM

Very fun sail today. A bit light & shifty. We had a fun time on Blues Crews. Fun to sail against great sailors.....Deke, Kevin Miller & Larry Levelle. Tomorrow could be anyones race. We will see.

#31 Beckett

Beckett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:11 AM

I had a great time on the J/145 with the Harteck crw and johnny D. Most were pretty new to the boat, but we hung in there. A long day.

#32 Inter 20

Inter 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:20 PM

I had a great time on the J/145 with the Harteck crw and johnny D. Most were pretty new to the boat, but we hung in there. A long day.

Which line did you pull?

#33 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:48 AM

Tough racing on Sunday, light air and big shifts. The first race had to be abandoned due to a big shift. Great RC work managed to get off 2 races. Class A was swept by
Skian Dhu; Dirk and crew. In B Class Perfect barely took 1st away from Blues Crews. J/105 was won by Short Skirt and Harbor 20's was won by Firefly. Still don't have the Melges 24 results??

Ryan Aubrey Short Skirt
Attached File  Ryan and Dana.jpg   88.19K   40 downloads

KK DJ
Attached File  KK DJ.JPG   177.31K   40 downloads

#34 Inter 20

Inter 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:41 PM

Tough racing on Sunday, light air and big shifts. The first race had to be abandoned due to a big shift. Great RC work managed to get off 2 races. Class A was swept by
Skian Dhu; Dirk and crew. In B Class Perfect barely took 1st away from Blues Crews. J/105 was won by Short Skirt and Harbor 20's was won by Firefly. Still don't have the Melges 24 results??

Ryan Aubrey Short Skirt
Attached File  Ryan and Dana.jpg   88.19K   40 downloads

KK DJ
Attached File  KK DJ.JPG   177.31K   40 downloads

I'm sure you meant stole instead of took. Nice of you to sugarcoat it. Or did you mean to say that Blues Crews screwed the final and deciding race and Perfect sailed a smart race and won? How 'bout some journalism w/o the spin or bias.

#35 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:04 PM

Dude, bend over and get that bug outta your ass.
This is Sailing Anarchy, a pretty far cry from legitimate journalism.
Your're welcome to report or submit pictures. I don't get paid to do this.

#36 Inter 20

Inter 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:13 PM

Let me get this straight. I can post whatever I want, no matter how foul, as long as you agree with it. If I violate this premise, then there's hell to pay. Seems pretty logical to me.

#37 DryArmour

DryArmour

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,730 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:28 PM

Let me get this straight. I can post whatever I want, no matter how foul, as long as you agree with it. If I violate this premise, then there's hell to pay. Seems pretty logical to me.

Correct. I found out the hard way (Love ya Janer ;) ). I'll get my coat.

#38 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,960 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:36 PM

look - you guys could always "just start another thread"

Oop's I forgot, you guys can't start another thread = FAIL Posted Image

#39 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:54 PM

Ok, let me rephrase that as simple as possible. Going into the second day, Blues Crews was in first place. By the end of the regatta Perfect took (stole, absconded,swiped,snached,grabbed, whatever)first place away from them.

At the end of your post you have a quote
"It's better to remain quiet and thought a fool than to speak thus removing all doubt"
;) :lol:

[/quote]
I'm sure you meant stole instead of took. Nice of you to sugarcoat it. Or did you mean to say that Blues Crews screwed the final and deciding race and Perfect sailed a smart race and won? How 'bout some journalism w/o the spin or bias.
[/quote]

#40 Madmax

Madmax

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:22 PM

No crap.
I sailed with Doc Laura for a couple months a year ago while she got back into the sport on her sweet J125 and Janer is on me like a cheap suit.
It is just that basic.

Doc Laura gave her the flick and she has never gotten over it.

#41 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:30 AM

The bull shit factor continues.
Attached File  giveashitbutton551.jpg   9.34K   3 downloads

OK, the rest of the results are up.
In the Melges 24 fleet TAX BILL (Bill Lannan) was a surprise victory over Average White Boat(Kent and his son); the J/105 class FREE ENTERPRISE stole victory from the 2nd place boat SHORT SKIRT (Pete Lufkin shared helm with Ryan Aubry.) Despite the weird conditions, all of the fleets had very tight finish times.

Very nice take homes, embroidered jackets, plus great party at the YC

To set the record straight there was a third boat in A Class, Sequoyah J/145 (Harteck/Parks) did participate the first day, took 3 last places and did not show for the second day of racing. I hope I did not sugar coat that fact.

A whole month till we start the Hot Rum Series.

Peace and love in the holidays.

#42 Inter 20

Inter 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:50 PM

Life was much simpler before the internet. My big dilemma was which boat to use at the next regatta. Fixing the trailer in Georgia 1985.Attached File  3 boat campaign.JPG   251.84K   70 downloads

#43 Ship o' Fools

Ship o' Fools

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:07 PM

You seem to recently be taking a lot of trips down memory lane. You must be: a) organizing old photos, B) scanning old photos into a digital library, or c) something has caused you to reflect on a mis-spent youth where for $500 you had the fastest boat in town (and in most cases still is today) and the cost of beer had the greatest impact on your annual campaign budget.

#44 Ship o' Fools

Ship o' Fools

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:08 PM

You seem to recently be taking a lot of trips down memory lane. You must be: a) organizing old photos, B) scanning old photos into a digital library, or c) something has caused you to reflect on a mis-spent youth where for $500 you had the fastest boat in town (and in most cases still is today) and the cost of beer had the greatest impact on your annual campaign budget.

#45 condor

condor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:32 PM

echo in here, (in here, in here, in here, ....)

#46 jeff carver

jeff carver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:37 PM

happy holidays Larry

#47 Ship o' Fools

Ship o' Fools

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:43 PM

echo in here, (in here, in here, in here, ....)

Sometimes I stutter.

#48 Inter 20

Inter 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:00 PM

Right you are. Cat guys were outcasts in the 70s and 80s and now they're racing for the AC. Too old for AC cat racing and too young for Harbor 20s. I post these old photos as a way to change the subject. Certain photos in my collection could be used as the nuclear option incase things get real ugly.

#49 Ship o' Fools

Ship o' Fools

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:19 PM

Right you are. Cat guys were outcasts in the 70s and 80s and now they're racing for the AC. Too old for AC cat racing and too young for Harbor 20s. I post these old photos as a way to change the subject. Certain photos in my collection could be used as the nuclear option incase things get real ugly.

While the Cat guys were outcasts, some of them would have been outcasts whether or not they were sailing Cats.

#50 Inter 20

Inter 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:24 PM

While the Cat guys were outcasts, some of them would have been outcasts whether or not they were sailing Cats.

"Some" could be easily substituted with "most".

#51 F18 VB

F18 VB

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:19 PM

Too old for AC cat racing and too young for Harbor 20s. I post these old photos as a way to change the subject.

But (still) just right for F18's...

#52 Inter 20

Inter 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:56 PM

Too old for AC cat racing and too young for Harbor 20s. I post these old photos as a way to change the subject.

But (still) just right for F18's...

It's good to see the Christmas spirit being applied to this thread. Thanks.

#53 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:16 PM

More Holiday Regatta trophies

Farr 40 Skian Dhu, First Place
Attached File  Skian Dhu 1st.jpg   274.55K   25 downloads

Taxi Dancer Jimmy, Second in A Class
Attached File  Jimmy Taxi Dancer.jpg   85.53K   23 downloads

Brian Green, 4th in Ocean 20 Class
Attached File  Brian Green.jpg   70K   23 downloads

Blues Crews,Second in B Class
Attached File  Blues Crews.jpg   288.16K   23 downloads

#54 Inter 20

Inter 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:47 PM

Attached File  Perfect.JPG   235.62K   88 downloads The name says it all.

#55 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:30 PM

Ahhh,
But your boat name is far more fitting! :lol:
Attached File  Repeat Offender.jpg   302.45K   61 downloads

#56 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:34 PM

Opti Clinic this weekend! Thanks Kent!
Attached File  Beach Optis.jpg   372.45K   7 downloads

#57 Beckett

Beckett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:34 AM

Sweet Opti photo :P

#58 b green

b green

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:34 PM

Three over 60 kids messin' around with boats

Attached Files

#59 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:24 PM

Excellent. The party was wonderful. There is just a different kind of commradarie in one design racing. I like it.

Our new Commodore must be pretty damn happy winning the Holiday Regatta in Harbor 20's with Pat Toole as crew. Then winning the Holiday Parade, trip for two to Cancun. Buy some lottery tickets Jack! ;)

#60 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:47 AM

Rain for the next 7 days in So Cal? Jeez, still hoping for a Christmas day sail.

The boat of choice for the Centennial Cup is Harbor 20's on January 9th. I'll be on the marks/photo boat. No more shots of those Victory's flipping over. Damn.

#61 Never was

Never was

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:35 AM

Gol' dang! Wazzat? About 1500# of NACRA? Merry Christmas, Larry!

Life was much simpler before the internet. My big dilemma was which boat to use at the next regatta. Fixing the trailer in Georgia 1985.Attached File  3 boat campaign.JPG   251.84K   70 downloads

#62 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:00 AM

:) For the latest weather updates please go to:
http://www.thefuckingweather.com

Really

#63 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,960 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:37 AM

:) For the latest weather updates please go to:
http://www.thefuckingweather.com

Really

Results I got back 4 my area:

ITS FUCKING ....ALRIGHT

DAY:

Sun HIGH :69 LOW:58

Mon HIGH:68 LOW:57

Fackin Storm what next Mega-Drizzle Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#64 PHM

PHM

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:05 AM

I'm kind of grateful that we had a grey drizzly weekend here in San Diego; no races, surf blown out--I was finally able to get some chores and Christmas shopping done!

#65 Madmax

Madmax

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:43 AM

Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!

Attached Files

#66 DryArmour

DryArmour

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,730 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:25 PM

Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!

This afternoon the jet sags back to the South and the combination of a big chunk of energy coming in from the North and a wet PWA of 1.5" coming from the dateline could make for some spectacular class 5 rapids up in the canyons in SB and Ventura county tomorrow morning through Late Tuesday Night.

Seriously, if you live near a dry creek bed or at the foot of a canyon, pay attention to this wave of energy. It could be epic.

#67 Inter 20

Inter 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:30 PM

Rain gauge at my house shows 10.75 inches since Friday. Got sandbags if it gets bad. If it gets really bad I've got my RIB in my driveway.

#68 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:22 PM

Schooner or later
:(
Attached File  beached boat.jpg   34.31K   28 downloads

At least the rain stopped
just in time for the Ugly Christmas Sweater Party
;)

#69 Madmax

Madmax

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 07:38 PM

Merry Christmas!

Attached Files

#70 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:22 PM

Our friend Jeff Wilkes passed away early this morning. I'll post when I find out what we will do in his remembrance.

#71 bad gas

bad gas

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:24 PM

Jeff Wilkes who grew up in Newport Bch and went to USC?

#72 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:57 PM

Yes. He had been living in Santa Barbara for many years, racing J/24's and making wine under his own label "J.Wilkes" which was very successful.

#73 Inter 20

Inter 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:35 PM

This has been a tough year for our sailing community. I'm going to miss Jeff. Let's hope that 2011 is a better year for all of us.

#74 thump

thump

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:12 AM

This has been a tough year for our sailing community. I'm going to miss Jeff. Let's hope that 2011 is a better year for all of us.

Jeff was a great guy with a big heart and always with a great story. He will be sorely missed.

#75 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:01 AM

A Celebration of Life will be held for Jeff this coming Wednesday (January 5)at SBYC at 2pm.

Attached Files

#76 Clockwork

Clockwork

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:38 AM

Great guy, great stories, great friend!!
Miss you Jeff...Say 'Hi' to Bill for me.

#77 chica-loca

chica-loca

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:37 AM

Jeff was a sweet, dear man--a talented sailor who gave much of himself to all aspects of the sport. He was also an incredible father. He left us too soon; the wind and the water were waiting for him to come back. He taught me much about being a sailor; he taught me more about being a parent. I miss you, Jeff.

#78 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:08 AM

Great guy, great stories, great friend!!
Miss you Jeff...Say 'Hi' to Bill for me.

Yep, Bill will be driving and Jeff will be yelling from the foredeck. :)

#79 Madmax

Madmax

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:50 AM

Sunset in PV.

Attached Files

#80 Never was

Never was

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:09 AM

A Celebration of Life will be held for Jeff this coming Wednesday (January 5)at SBYC at 2pm.

This is sad news. I predict a free run upstairs in the near future.

#81 bad gas

bad gas

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:48 AM

Sail on Jeff my friend... and sorry about that time we left you with the rental car running in the white zone when we were all trying to catch our plane home from Kennedy's Cup.. ;)

#82 No Mas

No Mas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:48 AM

This is sad news. I predict a free run upstairs in the near future.

A Free Run would be great as long as it does not involve a La Bomba stuffed with parts of Free Run & assorted crew members. Happy Trails Jeff.

#83 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:53 AM

I have some fleeting thoughts about what you are referring to...I take it that you sailed on Free Run..? B)

#84 Madmax

Madmax

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:29 AM

Hot Rum!

#85 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:52 PM

Attached File  Hot Rum Series.pdf   590.76K   49 downloads

#86 condor

condor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:55 PM

Hot Rum!

Gonna see that hobbie this year?

#87 Inter 20

Inter 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:45 PM

Attached File  DSC_2248.JPG   929.16K   61 downloadsProof that pigs can fly. We need another day like that soon.

#88 chica-loca

chica-loca

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:46 AM

Attached File  Hot Rum Series.pdf   590.76K   49 downloads

Great artwork by SB sailor, Helene Webb! I'm thirsty already. See you on the racecourse!

#89 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

First of the Hot Rum Series was light and flukey!! And left some boats drifting for hours. <_< Farr 40 Skian Dhu took first and Taxi second barely beating a J/24 (Thomas Tunberg) and a Harbor 20 (Miller/Kelleway)
Attached File  Dirk First Place.jpg   247.61K   12 downloads
Attached File  Taxi crew Pamela, 2nd place.jpg   269.96K   20 downloads
Attached File  Thomas J24 3rd place.jpg   259.37K   19 downloads

#90 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:13 PM

A total of 20 boats competed
4th overall and first in Ocean 20's Miller/Kelleway
Attached File  Tom Kelleway Harbor 20 winner.jpg   246.43K   14 downloads
Fifth overall and first J/105: Larry Harteck Repeat Offender
Attached File  Larry, Hot Rum 5th place.jpg   185.63K   14 downloads

#91 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:58 PM

Attached File  Pat crossing Eric.jpg   277.05K   45 downloads
Centennial Cup (Championship of Champions) raced in Harbor 20's.Won by Pat Toole, Dale Turley and owner's rep Bill Bench.
Attached File  close roundings.jpg   310.07K   45 downloads
Attached File  dark skies, sun on sails.jpg   257.56K   37 downloads

Thanks to all the owner's for allowing their boats to be used in this event. :)

#92 full circle

full circle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:56 PM

Attached File  Pat crossing Eric.jpg   277.05K   45 downloads
Centennial Cup (Championship of Champions) raced in Harbor 20's.Won by Pat Toole, Dale Turley and owner's rep Bill Bench.
Attached File  close roundings.jpg   310.07K   45 downloads
Attached File  dark skies, sun on sails.jpg   257.56K   37 downloads

Thanks to all the owner's for allowing their boats to be used in this event. :)

congratulations pat, dale and bill.

#93 Madmax

Madmax

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

Finally the Victories are History!

Finally the Victories are History!

#94 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:01 AM

Our new Commodore Jack Byers with past Commodore Bud Toye checking in on the race course in Bud's "hot rod". It's going to be a great year with our new Commodore who we all love!Attached File  Commodore Byers and past commodore Toye.jpg   282K   11 downloads

#95 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

The YC burgee is once again at half-staff. Sadly, Stephen Redding, prominant business man and philanthopist passed away unexpectedly. He is also Johnny D's brother-in-law, so Key West is probably out of the picture.

#96 condor

condor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:44 AM

Anyone interested in a J29? There's an E-Bay auction for a boat now in San Diego. I know the boat, and it is in very good condition and has good sails. (or did the last time I saw it)

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item4aa789702e

Sold about four years back for over $25K.

#97 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:18 PM

The two Santa Barbara teams at Key West Race Week are doing well, sitting in 2nd and 3rd place in the Farr 30 Class. Deneen is second behind Barking Mad with 3,2; and Groovederci probably being driven by Austin Herlihy is in 3rd with finishes of 6,1.

Some very fierce weather hit there last night, so today should be interesting. Best of luck!

#98 Scrub a Dub

Scrub a Dub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Diving, Fishing

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:49 PM

New to the Santa Barbara Harbor, Scrub A Dub Dive Service, owned and operated by Shawn Hughes.

I was born and raised here in Santa Barbara and love sailing, diving, fishing, anything that has to do with the ocean. For the last few years I have been sailing with Larry on Rush Street for out of town events and sailing locally on Missbehavin' the J/22. I love boats and I love diving so I have started a Bottom Cleaning service here in the Santa Barbara Harbor. I started cleaning bottoms 2 years ago for Salty Dog and have since created my own style and feel that I could do a better job for the customer on my own while charging them less. For you racers out there with good paint I charge $1.00 per foot/per cleaning for service every 2 weeks. When you want service only once a month the rate is $1.25 per foot. I also clean powerboats and offer other services like under water photos. Please contact me for more information.

Shawn Hughes

www.scrubdubdive.com
shawn@scrubdubdive.com
805-722-8483

Attached File  Business Card1mb.jpg   123.07K   0 downloads

#99 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:35 PM

Five races into it and Deneen is still holding second place solidly.Attached File  KW11-5752timwilkes.jpg   119.79K   34 downloads

Barking Mad still in the lead with 8 points, Deneen 14 points, Turbo Duck 17 and Groovey (Austin) 4th with 21 points.

Photo by Tim Wilkes
Sharon Green is taking some great shots also.

#100 Janer

Janer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:19 PM

Looks like they got off the final race of Key West Race Week just as a large front was about to hit.
Attached File  Friday at Key West.jpg   45.92K   5 downloads

The results in the Farr 30 class did not change much over the week. Barking Mad held on to first place with 15 points, Turbo Duck moved to second place with 25 point, Deneen 3rd with 29 points and Austin Herlihey (Groovey 2) fourth with 37 points. Good racing, Congrats.

A nice sunny Hot Rum Series here in SB tomorrow B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users