5 replies to this topic

#1 SR CHIEF (RET)

SR CHIEF (RET)

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:05 AM

I have over the years wathed Ed Psaltis in the Hobart race after the and his crew won the 98 race. I have been following this year and am very impressed that the Farr 40 his hanging tough with with a Marten 49 and a lot of boats that should be measureably faster. The conditions the other night had to have been shit going up hill on any boat, and for AFR to hang in there is very impressive. Watching the the current weax models Ed and his guys might pull it off as they make there way to the derwent.

#2 shaggybaxter

shaggybaxter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:12 AM

SC®Agree, it seems like for their size/weight/age they punch well above their weight.
The sth 2010 seems like the sort of race where you won't be able to fluke your result, you would have earned it on this one.
Crew work and skipper tactics will be the decider on this race, I am also watching AFR with interest...
SB

#3 Windward Mark

Windward Mark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:40 AM

Good boat but a bloody good crew. One of the best owner drivers in the business who always gets a great crew together.

The boat has been heavily modified and it is a really good offshore boat these days. It is for sale and if anyone is interested PM me. And no, no plans to buy an add.

#4 SR CHIEF (RET)

SR CHIEF (RET)

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:00 AM

Good boat but a bloody good crew. One of the best owner drivers in the business who always gets a great crew together.

The boat has been heavily modified and it is a really good offshore boat these days. It is for sale and if anyone is interested PM me. And no, no plans to buy an add.

I see they finished 2nd in Div 2 scored under ORC. very impressive! Any news on the new boat?

#5 Windward Mark

Windward Mark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:07 AM

Nope :ph34r:

#6 blubberboy

blubberboy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:58 AM

Had the good fortune to have sailed with these guys, very impressive, The crew and the boat. Some of the nicest guys you could sail with (from the perspective of a walk on).

Blubbs, Aka: Seppo Tim. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users