3717 replies to this topic

#3401 bruno

bruno

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:53 PM

What I found interesting is how little of the leeward bow needed to drive under for crash. I t appears that they have designed te reserve bouyancy down to a minimum, not a good learner boat.

#3402 Te Kooti

Te Kooti

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,436 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:27 AM

]

Wing up would be a ballsy move if on the hard - can a calm day be guaranteed?

They did the "full wing" with the first AC45s. Boats moved nicely (on the "trailer") as the wind moved. Good backdrop.

Grant will want the full enchilda.

Was it KZ7 that was launched without a keel? I have forgotten.

But I guarantee all the bits will be on this one.

#3403 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,003 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:56 AM

What I found interesting is how little of the leeward bow needed to drive under for crash. I t appears that they have designed te reserve bouyancy down to a minimum, not a good learner boat.

Are you talking the AC45's ?

#3404 dumper

dumper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

looks like there is quite alot of stuff happening here
http://www.takeabrea...-city.asp?cam=2

#3405 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,395 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

Foggy day - unusual for NZ. Some activity sure - especially in and around the platform tent, but can you make out anything they are doing or see any significant pieces of gear?
Looking at the ever changing shadows on the side of the tent that you can see before dawn and after dark and trying to imagine what the hell is going on is an interesting challenge.
Presumably it looks like a smaller version of this monster-garage..
Posted Image

They must also be working on all the associated dollies and gear they'll need to have around to rig and launch, a mooring possibly, there's a big new chase boat to paint etc etc.

#3406 Rohanoz

Rohanoz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • Interests:A bad day sailing is still better than a good day at work.

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:57 PM

Foggy day - unusual for NZ. Some activity sure - especially in and around the platform tent, but can you make out anything they are doing or see any significant pieces of gear?
Looking at the ever changing shadows on the side of the tent that you can see before dawn and after dark and trying to imagine what the hell is going on is an interesting challenge.
Presumably it looks like a smaller version of this monster-garage..
Posted Image

They must also be working on all the associated dollies and gear they'll need to have around to rig and launch, a mooring possibly, there's a big new chase boat to paint etc etc.

I remember seeing that for the first time thinking - how good is that going to look with plain pure silver hulls on the water - then they put that stupid paint job/nike swishes on it!

#3407 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,023 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

I remember seeing a photo of A5 before Marian even saw it on the day that shot was taken ;) long story.. but special for me having made an epic search for EB's boat. Even asked her in a post about a detail on the paint job, well before she saw it and was sworn to secrecy for almost 24 hours.

It will be interesting to see if anyone goes V. What was the original Lake Geneva racer that inspired A5 again? That sucker was Hot.

#3408 dumper

dumper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:13 AM

I remember seeing a photo of A5 before Marian even saw it on the day that shot was taken ;) long story.. but special for me having made an epic search for EB's boat. Even asked her in a post about a detail on the paint job, well before she saw it and was sworn to secrecy for almost 24 hours.

It will be interesting to see if anyone goes V. What was the original Lake Geneva racer that inspired A5 again? That sucker was Hot.

i think this is it, le black

Attached Files

#3409 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,395 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

There's been nothing much new to see at ETNZ over the last few day, http://www.takeabrea...-city.asp?cam=2 and unfortunately we can't see the LR base from the 2nd webcam on the silo.

I am expecting a new crane to be installed at least. What else? Bleachers and bunting? Probably not. Beer and pies - too fuck'n right!

'point' is about due to report back in - now what about you dorklanders?Posted Image

#3410 bruno

bruno

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

Are you talking the AC45's ?

C class video

#3411 KiwiJoker

KiwiJoker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

There's been nothing much new to see at ETNZ over the last few day, http://www.takeabrea...-city.asp?cam=2 and unfortunately we can't see the LR base from the 2nd webcam on the silo.

I am expecting a new crane to be installed at least. What else? Bleachers and bunting? Probably not. Beer and pies - too fuck'n right!

'point' is about due to report back in - now what about you dorklanders?Posted Image

Swung by yesterday afternoon. No action visible at either base, from the street or other vantage points. There was some minor work extending floating docks at Luna Rossa but that was it.

#3412 dumper

dumper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:04 AM

will ETNZ be going sailing before the official launch?

#3413 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,023 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

New upload

#3414 HHN92

HHN92

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,936 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie & Chevrolets, History,1970 Chevelle SS

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

From the SAAC TLA thread:

LBOS - Le Black on Steroids.

#3415 dumper

dumper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

New upload

That's so cool, any details?

#3416 kiwi_jon

kiwi_jon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

^^^^

http://www.morrellim...com/etnztender/

#3417 maxmini

maxmini

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

^^^^

http://www.morrellimelvin.com/etnztender/

Will they have to cover the Yamaha logos on the motors ala all the ACWS boats ?

#3418 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,395 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

Swung by yesterday afternoon. No action visible at either base, from the street or other vantage points. There was some minor work extending floating docks at Luna Rossa but that was it.

Thanks - yep, you can see the floating crane (?) working on the Westhaven side of the two LR tents in the background here: http://www.takeabrea...-city.asp?cam=2

A little action with forklift etc coming and going from the ETNZ platform tent*, but I guess the real story was the chase boat launch - up a creek somewhere at the top of the harbour right?

Posted Image

*might be imagining it - the shadow of two hulls through the end of the tent now

#3419 WetHog

WetHog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,522 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

It is, and so is this:

Posted Image

WetHog :ph34r:

#3420 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,395 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

Posted Today, 07:44 PM

Posted ImageWetHog, on 10 July 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

It is, and so is this:

Posted Image

Take this to the 'Ernie's Private Lake Racing' thread please.

VIADUCT!...get it? - Hell, that's not even salt waterPosted Image ...and trim that bloody jib!

#3421 dumper

dumper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:57 PM

It is, and so is this:

Posted Image

VIADUCT!...get it? - Hell, that's not even salt waterPosted Image ...and trim that bloody jib!

There's a Ernie's Private Lake Racing thread???

#3422 thetruth

thetruth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:40 AM

At least he spends his own money and not a countries...............

It is, and so is this:

Posted Image

#3423 PeterHuston

PeterHuston

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

You might want to talk to Spain about that.

#3424 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,395 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

You'll have to show at least CHF10M of Daddy's money before I can tell you that.

(so much for keeping the thread on topic!)Posted Image

#3425 ro!

ro!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

It is, and so is this:

Posted Image

You will find it with ...

I'M GOING TO SUE ERNIE INTO OBLIVION..started by the crazed indian..
and
Ernie is worse than Hitler... started by sailer boy

#3426 southseasbill

southseasbill

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:26 AM

I'm told that ETNZ's 72 and wing are each assembled. They are just completing the livery before the official launch on the 21st. I haven't been able to find out if they will take it for a spin before hand. There is the restriction on the number of sailing days allowed so I would imagine they will want to maximise what they achieve on any sailing day.

#3427 Dixie

Dixie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:29 AM

For the rules gurus,: is there a difference between splashing, towing, and sailing the 72?

#3428 dumper

dumper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:22 AM

does anyone know if they are painting the 72 like the 45 or will they have a different scheme?

#3429 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,752 posts
  • Interests:Racing in all forms.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

For the rules gurus,: is there a difference between splashing, towing, and sailing the 72?

Protocol 29.2

(g) A Competitor is considered to be sailing an AC72 Yacht for one day anytime they
have that AC72 Yacht crewed and sailing (as opposed, for example, to only being
towed or moored) for any part of a given day.

If you had robotic sailors, does that mean you could have unlimited test time?

#3430 eric e

eric e

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

i imagine

to maximize time sailing

there will be something like an official launch party jul21st, where the hulls may or may not get wet

then the next day the boat will be dropped in before dawn? be towed out at dawn and sailed until sunset

weather permitting, if the weather is bad the sailing day will take a rain check

#3431 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,395 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

I'm told that ETNZ's 72 and wing are each assembled. They are just completing the livery before the official launch on the 21st. I haven't been able to find out if they will take it for a spin before hand. There is the restriction on the number of sailing days allowed so I would imagine they will want to maximise what they achieve on any sailing day.

Good to hear at least that whisper ssbill, thanks.
I imagine info is hard to come by - GD has said he'd like to hold his cards close until all becomes public on launch day. But hey, keep digging - we want the scoop!

I see the new 1200hp 'tugboat' has arrived --> 2:48PM http://www.takeabrea...-city.asp?cam=2

What about a crane - that would help,eh

#3432 dumper

dumper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

I imagine info is hard to come by - GD has said he'd like to hold his cards close until all becomes public on launch day. But hey, keep digging - we want the scoop!

I see the new 1200hp 'tugboat' has arrived --> 2:48PM http://www.takeabrea...-city.asp?cam=2

i think there crane is the short blue one bye the left end of the wing tent

#3433 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,395 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

i think there crane is the short blue one bye the left end of the wing tent

That's right - that's the AC45/(SL33?) crane.

I guess now is the time to begin the speculation on launch techniques and equipment then.

-Platform and wing as one from above a la AC45?
-Wing erected on platform a la US17?
-Or maybe ETNZ have their own technique and won't need a crane - just float the wing up to the platform?

Posted Image

The SF graphics seem to suggest the first.
And haven't we seen LR pouring a pad for a big crane? Didn't think there was too much doubt - must check the rules.
Posted Image

#3434 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,023 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

Nice chase cat photo
http://www.sail-worl...t-arrives/99616

and:
Emirates Team NZ's AC72 is scheduled for launch in a public ceremony at the Viaduct Harbour on Saturday, July 21 at around 6.00pm. The event will be screened live on the prime TV news, and will be attended by John Key, the New Zealand Prime Minister. First sailing day is expected the following week.

#3435 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,395 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

Re - Launching

Well maybe I'm blind but I can't find any requirements for a standardised launch procedure for the 72s - in either the Class Rule or the Protocol.

The wing and platform have to be able to be suspended (independently) for weighing by the measurement committee but that seems to be that.

It would seem very strange if it's not there somewhere - as between them these two documents cover every other possible aspect of the plans.

GD "We have even had a team working on procedures to launch and retrieve the yacht. There was no manual to consult".
http://www.americasc...6/AC72-at-base/

#3436 Rennmaus

Rennmaus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,818 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

Protocol 29.2

(g) A Competitor is considered to be sailing an AC72 Yacht for one day anytime they
have that AC72 Yacht crewed and sailing (as opposed, for example, to only being
towed or moored) for any part of a given day.

Is this where SPIN enters the scene? Posted Image

#3437 ncs

ncs

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

Not if the tow line is dropped, crewed or not. Let's defer the definition of crew discussion until AC35.

Yes and already onstage. Energy storage and closed-loop control is disallowed for AC34 but I would be very surprised if the yacht club that wins next year does not relax these rules to allow automatic crew/gear safety systems.

#3438 dumper

dumper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:00 AM

Not if the tow line is dropped, crewed or not. Let's defer the definition of crew discussion until AC35.

Yes and already onstage. Energy storage and closed-loop control is disallowed for AC34 but I would be very surprised if the yacht club that wins next year does not relax these rules to allow automatic crew/gear safety systems.

maybe they should just drive the 'tug' infront with the towline attached.

just a thought

#3439 KiwiJoker

KiwiJoker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:53 AM

That's right - that's the AC45/(SL33?) crane.

I guess now is the time to begin the speculation on launch techniques and equipment then.

-Platform and wing as one from above a la AC45?
-Wing erected on platform a la US17?
-Or maybe ETNZ have their own technique and won't need a crane - just float the wing up to the platform?

Yep, the existing blue crane is too small and so far no sign of its big brother. Some smart work needed in the next few days to erect a semi-permanent crane or perhaps they are going with a humungous mobile crane.

I'm going with your option one, ala AC45.

#3440 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,752 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

Not if the tow line is dropped, crewed or not.

If we suspend disbelief and enter whimsy mode for just a moment (and it's a slow news day) I think sailing with robots doesn't count as a sailing day.

A Competitor is considered to be sailing an AC72 Yacht for one day anytime they
have that AC72 Yacht crewed and sailing

Note that "and". Crewed and sailing. Sailing and crewed.

#3441 dumper

dumper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:46 AM

does it count as an ac72 if they have a different, 'illegal' wing?

#3442 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,752 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:38 AM

^

That's a "surrogate yacht" and testing time is controlled.

#3443 kiwi_jon

kiwi_jon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

Big night in Auckland with the big cat

Posted Image

Grant Dalton admires the Emirates Team New Zealand AC72

Emirates Team New Zealand will reveal its AC72 catamaran at a public event at Viaduct Harbour on Saturday, July 21

The team is promising a spectacular “launch day” for the big catamaran which another step forward in the team’s campaign to win the 2013 America’s Cup at San Francisco.

Team managing director Grant Dalton says July 21 will be a big day for the team. “We have been working towards the day for 18 months. Until now we have said very little about the AC72 project and we have shown even less.

“The design team of more than 30 people has been working since the end of 2010. The build team started in August last year. The AC72i represents more than 50 man-years of design time and 65,000 hours of build time.

“The design and build work has gone ahead behind closed doors. Now it’s time to share their creation with New Zealand.

“The team will be celebrating and we invite people to celebrate with us. He said the July 21 show is free to the public. “People will have great views from the Halsey Street wharf, from public areas around the Viaduct Events Centre and from the area around the lifting bridge.

“The action takes place on the water bounded by the Halsey Street wharf and the bridge.”

He urges people to arrive at the Viaduct by 5.30pm. “The first few hundred will have the opportunity to be part of the launch crew. The show will get underway by 5.45pm.”

Should the weather refuse to cooperate on the Saturday July 21, the show will go on the following day, Sunday July 22.

http://etnzblog.com/#!2012/07/big-night-in-auckland-with-the-big-cat

#3444 knarly34

knarly34

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:52 AM

1342081320[/url]' post='3783453']
does anyone know if they are painting the 72 like the 45 or will they have a different scheme?

I think it's going to look livery wise like the (ghastly) ac45. New and old pics of the 72 hulls confirm same sponsor logo placement. Yuck.

#3445 hoom

hoom

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

Not if the tow line is dropped

So you can sail as many days as you want as long as there is a boat out the front connected by a towline?
Is towline defined? Does it need to be under load to count as a towline?

#3446 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,023 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

^^ Nice photo!

#3447 Mariner

Mariner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

^^ Nice photo!

Yeah, I'm starting to think our guy has a little woodman going if you know what I mean! he's ffeling up a freshly hot painted cat but where's his other hand?:D

#3448 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,395 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

^^ Nice photo!

Yeah, I'm starting to think our guy has a little woodman going if you know what I mean! he's ffeling up a freshly hot painted cat but where's his other hand?:D

Each to his own!

He looks pretty fit though - stick him on a grinder, see how he goes, I say!

#3449 GauchoGreg

GauchoGreg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,753 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:49 AM

Movement of a lift in front of the ETNZ base this afternoon on the Winyard cam.

#3450 dumper

dumper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:51 AM

Movement of a lift in front of the ETNZ base this afternoon on the Winyard cam.

i noticed that, and they also moved the blue crane

#3451 dumper

dumper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

what will they do you the sl33's now?

#3452 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,395 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

You need one? Two for the price of one - this week only!

#3453 KiwiJoker

KiwiJoker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

Crew training, start training, tactics training, test foils, airfoil shapes, boat handling, trimming, crew training, start training, tactics training, test foils, airfoil shapes, boat handling, trimming, crew training, start training, tactics training, test foils, airfoil shapes, boat handling, trimming, crew training, start training, tactics training, test foils, airfoil shapes, boat handling, trimming,crew training, start training, tactics training, test foils, airfoil shapes, boat handling, trimming, crew training, start training, tactics training, test foils, airfoil shapes, boat handling, trimming,crew training, start training, tactics training, test foils, airfoil shapes, boat handling, trimming, crew training, start training, tactics training, test foils, airfoil shapes, boat handling, trimming,crew training, start training, tactics training, test foils, airfoil shapes, boat handling, trimming, crew training, start training, tactics training, test foils, airfoil shapes, boat handling, trimming,crew training, start training, tactics training, test foils, airfoil shapes, boat handling, trimming, crew training, start training, tactics training, test foils, airfoil shapes, boat handling, trimming.

#3454 Tony-F18

Tony-F18

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

Not sure where to put this, its not even news I guess..

Valencia needs a bailout:
http://www.reuters.c...E86I1LS20120720

#3455 GauchoGreg

GauchoGreg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,753 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

Looks like a quiet morning at the viaduct. People getting a few extra Zzzzzs ahead of a big night, I guess.

#3456 dumper

dumper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

any guess's on the use of time with New Zealand?

#3457 eric e

eric e

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

?

#3458 dumper

dumper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:33 AM

?

the ac72 'New Zealand'

#3459 eric e

eric e

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

the use of time?

man your flux capacitor is a few picofarads short of a condensor

Attached File  flux.jpg   73.89K   72 downloads

#3460 Tony-F18

Tony-F18

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

There is now a floating tent on the other side of the viaduct bridge, does this mean they want to sail NZilla through the bridge as little as possible?

#3461 dumper

dumper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

that tent is way too small for any Nzilla parts, not sure why its their though

#3462 kiwi_jon

kiwi_jon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

That floating tent has been there for months. They moved it away for the launch and now it is back.

#3463 dumper

dumper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

my bad. will they be doing wednesday night races?

#3464 eric e

eric e

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

dalts joked about it

but i think it highly unlikely

however they will probably blow through the fleet sometime before the cup final

and i hope those on the ribs take pics

#3465 dumper

dumper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

the blasting through the fleet would look somthing like this, though about 4 times faster

#3466 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,395 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

So it's twelve so far - where's that list?

Posted Image

#3467 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,395 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

Posted Image

Prada proudly announces their new 'Silver Gimp' line in Auckland today

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#3468 maxmini

maxmini

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

Posted Image

Wasn't someone on here up to 15 or 16 hopefulls built back when Barf was coming together ?

#3469 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,023 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

Posted Image

Wasn't someone on here up to 15 or 16 hopefulls built back when Barf was coming together ?

Yep, pretty sure BAR is #16 built.

The piece at SW last night, with a link to PD, about the Yuff Series, said something about 15 AC45's "at the ready in August." My guess is that one, maybe Aleph, got cannibalized along the way.

#3470 Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

Yep, pretty sure BAR is #16 built.

BAR is hull #9

Attached Files

#3471 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,023 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

BAR is hull #9

Nice, thanks.

To put the puzzle together again we'd need to find the latest list but #9 may have been Aleph.

Not actually sure how they would get to 15 then.

#3472 Hastings

Hastings

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

Core have additional duties.

Building a wing to replace debris

#3473 Hastings

Hastings

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

Prince Charles and the missus are in New Zealand.

Soon after landing they were taken to see GD's mates (the Hawke brothers) and rest of Ngati Whatua (the main Auckland Maori tribe).

Grant and Taiaha Hawke both rubbed noses with the prince (and the missus).

The prince opened his speech with the Maori greeting "kia ora."

Apart from making Te Kooti happy, what does this have to do with the AC?

Not much, Except TNZ has a sailing partnership with Ngati Whatua.

As a result of Grant's support, Maori kids are sailing Firefly and other small boats.

And running around in expensive-looking TNZ gear.

A very good move by TNZ. And the Prince!

#3474 Hastings

Hastings

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

Ron Waddell (TNZ) is being considered for the job of Chef de Mission of the NZ team (for the next Commonwealth + Olympic games).

There are other equally good candidates.

If Rob gets the job it will not conflict with TNZ grinding commitments.

It would also be good (for NZ athletes) if Rob survives the America's Cup.

As an Olympic gold medallist in rowing, Rob is one tough cookie!

#3475 Indio

Indio

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

Ron Waddell (TNZ) is being considered for the job of Chef de Mission of the NZ team (for the next Commonwealth + Olympic games).

There are other equally good candidates.

If Rob gets the job it will not conflict with TNZ grinding commitments.

It would also be good (for NZ athletes) if Rob survives the America's Cup.

As an Olympic gold medallist in rowing, Rob is one tough cookie!

There's only one person eminently qualified for the CdM role: Martin Snedden.

#3476 KiwiJoker

KiwiJoker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

Nice idea but his plate is already full!

"Rugby World Cup 2011 boss Martin Snedden has been appointed as the Tourism Industry Association's new chief executive.

"TIA chairman Norm Thompson said the association was delighted to attract someone of Snedden's calibre and experience to lead the organisation representing one of New Zealand's biggest export industries.

"Snedden had demonstrated strong leadership skills to stage an extremely successful Rugby World Cup 2011 and those skills would be brought to the TIA, Thompson said."

#3477 Hastings

Hastings

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

By popular demand.

This is the hongi

Attached Files

#3478 Terry Hollis

Terry Hollis

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

By popular demand.

This is the hongi

Actually it's not a proper hongi .. the participants to a hongi need to touch noses and foreheads together .. maybe she was not properly advised and her hat got in the way of a proper hongi ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hongi

#3479 Landlockedlubber

Landlockedlubber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

By popular demand.

This is the hongi

So, a hongi is sort of a neo-colonial Brown Nosing ritual?

#3480 Hastings

Hastings

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

So, a hongi is sort of a neo-colonial Brown Nosing ritual?

Talk like that and you insult Hillary Clinton.

Attached Files

#3481 kiwi_jon

kiwi_jon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FjHRhzTOAcs
ETNZ: Big Cat Sponsorship
by EmTeamNZ

After a short meteoric rise in fortunes of brewing, The Big Cat is offering some vital sponsorship dollars in return for prime branding on the ETNZ AC72.

#3482 ro!

ro!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

ETNZ: Big Cat Sponsorship
by EmTeamNZ

After a short meteoric rise in fortunes of brewing, The Big Cat is offering some vital sponsorship dollars in return for prime branding on the ETNZ AC72.

Now that is funny...
Just 25M reasons to support TNZ....

#3483 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,023 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

That is brilliant. The artwork is almost as good as the humor, would pay good money for a pint or a T or whatever they might stamp Big Cat Beer onto - seriously! Very cool

#3484 eric e

eric e

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

^^^

nice

i hope lion breweries is thinking of a limited run of

"steinlager big cat brew"

#3485 kiwi_jon

kiwi_jon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

^^^^

The way this gag is running i wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a limited edition of Big Cat Beer from Lion on the horizon.

#3486 thetruth

thetruth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

Funny how people without degrees and "experience" at marketing are sometimes way ahead of the game in terms of making something out of nothing. They should show this to the thousands of NZ "marketing graduates" we manufacture

#3487 eric e

eric e

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

^^^

nice

i hope lion breweries is thinking of a limited run of

"steinlager big cat brew"

somewhere on the label

the drop to drink

when your tractor's flyin'

#3488 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,395 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

The 'Branding was on new rigid fairings that have replaced the 'sail-bags' on the inside of the diagonals. I would think they really need a few of these graphics if they are as light as they should be...

Posted Image

#3489 Indio

Indio

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

The 'Branding was on new rigid fairings that have replaced the 'sail-bags' on the inside of the diagonals. I would think they really need a few of these graphics if they are as light as they should be...

Posted Image

You mean like OR17's new signage
Attached File  bigfragile6.jpg   93.82K   2 downloads

#3490 maxmini

maxmini

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

Posted Image

This was sort of funny though childish the first time but with repeated postings it's losing what little impact it had the first time . As this forum is your life I know you can do better :)/>

#3491 Indio

Indio

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Posted Image

This was sort of funny though childish the first time but with repeated postings it's losing what little impact it had the first time . As this forum is your life I know you can do better :)/>

There's more, just for you...and OR17
Attached File  bigcare.jpg   98.7K   3 downloads

#3492 maxmini

maxmini

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Posted Image

There's more, just for you...and OR17
Attached File  bigcare.jpg   98.7K   3 downloads

Those are part of them welcome bag which will be distributed to ALL teams prior to launching on SF Bay :)

#3493 Hastings

Hastings

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

Funny how people without degrees and "experience" at marketing are sometimes way ahead of the game in terms of making something out of nothing. They should show this to the thousands of NZ "marketing graduates" we manufacture

Finally, you say something with which I agree!

It is true!

And NZ has an unusually high number of self-educated experts who excel on the global stage (eg. Jackson, Hillary, Britten, Farr, Dalton, Hamilton, Tuwhare, Muru etc etc)

#3494 Hastings

Hastings

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Unusual weather events are on the rise.

Here is a bit from the NZ Herald. Probably explains why TNZ would not be out wrestling with a big wing. .

"A six-storey scaffolding tower yesterday blew on to a neighbouring office block in wild winds, smashing about 12 windows as it collapsed.

The structure by the Takapuna Finance Centre on Hurstmere Rd toppled over when a large piece of the concrete wall it was bolted to tore away from the building.

The 20m-high, 10m-wide structure damaged the neighbouring office block building as it fell."

This happened close to Kiwispy's world headquarters.

Others here (such as KJ) would also be familiar with the area.

The weather is supposed to get better later in the week.

#3495 Hastings

Hastings

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Article on Dean and his dad.

http://www.nzherald....jectid=10848914

#3496 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,023 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

When did DB start that Mo, late on November 21? :)

My (big-bearded) 76 yr old dad is having treatments, fortunately just tiny doses of radiation for a short time, precautionary.

#3497 Kiwing

Kiwing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

My (big-bearded) 76 yr old dad is having treatments, fortunately just tiny doses of radiation for a short time, precautionary.

Best wishes to your Dad fron KiwiLand.

#3498 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,023 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

Appreciated, Kwg. You've been a really nice dose of fresh air here.

#3499 the paradox of thrift

the paradox of thrift

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Interests:I like sailing

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

All the best for your Dad Stingray. It's not the easiest of things to go through.

#3500 Rennmaus

Rennmaus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,818 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

So sorry to hear that. All the best for your Dad, give him a big hug from me, please. My fingers are crossed the whole time that everything turns out well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users