#1 TVHSD

TVHSD

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:48 AM

FT 10 # 81 Heads West

Seven days from today, FT 10 Hull # 81 will hitched up and towed west from Georgia to California. This boat has never been sailed and we just bought it for a song from Hiptrader. We will part with it for a slightly longer tune but interested parties from the east will have to act quickly if I am to stop the trucker. In the same purchase transaction with Hiptrader, we now also own FT 7.5 number one. This is the boat that sailed briefly in San Diego and then went to Key West and Annapolis. She is now parked in San Diego and is in great condition. Here again easterners need to move quickly if they would like a free tow from San Diego to Atlanta. Both boats have trailers. I'm not going to posts prices here for either boat but I will tell you that you will never find a better opportunity anywhere. It's best to call me on these boats as I don't think I want to write the price on anything other than a purchase agreement.

Best to everyone and please excuse my leave of absence.

#2 TVHSD

TVHSD

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:10 PM

If you are emailing about either of these boats, please use tom@flyingtigerboats.com and please include your phone number. Thanks for the interest so far. We may have a winner soon. -t

#3 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:32 AM

Last spring, on an afternoon motorcycle jaunt from Valley Forge down to Decatur, I stopped by Lake Lanier to stretch my legs and did see, at a boat dealership, an FT 10 sitting on a trailer that looked to have never been commissioned. Looks to be high time this one got active !

#4 TVHSD

TVHSD

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:06 PM

Shark, I will be headed your way soon. Do you know anyone who would like to partner with me on a FT 7.5, preferably who can arrange dry storage at Waikiki YC. It would make a great friday night boat. And by the way FT 10 # 81 has been sold and will remain east of the Mississippi.

#5 dolphinmaster

dolphinmaster

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:59 PM

Shark, I will be headed your way soon. Do you know anyone who would like to partner with me on a FT 7.5, preferably who can arrange dry storage at Waikiki YC. It would make a great friday night boat. And by the way FT 10 # 81 has been sold and will remain east of the Mississippi.

Well now Tom, spill the beans, where did she go?

#6 tootall519

tootall519

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:27 PM

Well now Tom, spill the beans, where did she go?

She is still in Ga, but will be headed to Louisville in March to be put together. Will be available for buyers in the East later this spring after I get her sorted out.

#7 TigerinCT

TigerinCT

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:49 PM

Nice work - would be great to keep the East coast fleet growing.

#8 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:56 AM

I don't want to speak out of turn... but I think that she is avail for charter for the NA's...

Tiny... that right?

Doug

PS: She being USA 81... got to keep it clear with you guys... :-)

#9 tootall519

tootall519

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:54 PM

I don't think there is time to get the boat set up for NAs at this time as there are parts I am waiting for etc. Maybe for the next event down the road or up the road.

#10 porttack

porttack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:34 PM

Who is signed up so far?

#11 tootall519

tootall519

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

#81 headed to CT last Sunday with a new owner right next door to Red Stripe. This boat will finally get it's bottom wet and go play with Charlie.

#12 port tack

port tack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

#81 headed to CT last Sunday with a new owner right next door to Red Stripe. This boat will finally get it's bottom wet and go play with Charlie.

It's about time Charlie gets a little od action. Maybe it will light his fire to head down to P-cola sometime.

#13 StayinStrewn

StayinStrewn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, snowboarding, hockey

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

congrats to 81! we look forward to playing with them on Red Stripe!

#14 'moondance44

'moondance44

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  • Location:Dodgy Bit Of Stamford, CT and The Cows, Graveyard of LIS where bluefish get blown off wire leaders

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:25 PM

When my ride withdrew, I tried to get him to do the Block Race and match race you.

#15 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

Tom, - sorry I missed your note so long ago - wish you'd have PM'd me or something. Any of you guys plan to get out this way, Please - let me know directly and I'll do whatever I can to assist/get you sailing.

Would love to see the 7.5 in person - it seems like a good niche.

#16 StayinStrewn

StayinStrewn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

When my ride withdrew, I tried to get him to do the Block Race and match race you.

so i take it he said no?!

may help to get up to speed on the boat first...

#17 TigerinCT

TigerinCT

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

Nice! Next year.

#18 TigerinCT

TigerinCT

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

First FT10 sighting in NYC.Attached File  IMG_0115-2.jpeg   440.61K   118 downloads

#19 StayinStrewn

StayinStrewn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

the muni meter is going to go nuts with that rig!!

#20 TVHSD

TVHSD

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

Tom, - sorry I missed your note so long ago - wish you'd have PM'd me or something. Any of you guys plan to get out this way, Please - let me know directly and I'll do whatever I can to assist/get you sailing.

Would love to see the 7.5 in person - it seems like a good niche.

Aloha Shark,
I've wanted to track you down for some time but life got in the way. I am considering doing something in Hawaii with the FT 7.5, possibly a performance sailing school. I have a boat in the Ala Wai that we get to fairly regular, in fact I will be there sometime around June 1. I would love to meet up with you to get some local knowledge so email at tom@flyingtigerboats.com if you want to get together.
Mahalo, Tom Hirsh

#21 mcg00

mcg00

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

the muni meter is going to go nuts with that rig!!

Thank goodness we were only parked for a few minutes. If anyone else is thinking of coming through the Lincoln Tunnel it will cost you $32 one way.

The boat is in good hands and should be ready to race soon. I'm in line but backed up behind the Memorial Day crowd.

#22 ClimbnSail

ClimbnSail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

glad to hear you made the trip back safely.

#23 BarePoles

BarePoles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • Interests:sailing, architecture, running, Texans

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

Hells yea. Where will be the home port?

W53rd and ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users