12 replies to this topic

#1 tacksea

tacksea

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:21 PM

I use to be able to post pics from my iPad and computer,now I can't. ( and yes my RTE is off ,see topic "iPad for idiot").
Do you have any idea about this problem.
Thanks

#2 Dawg Gonit

Dawg Gonit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:25 AM

No Idea. I'm not an Ipad (or any other kind of pad) person.

The computer you post from is work or home?

#3 tacksea

tacksea

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

Home ,and also from my ipad . Maybe something in my setting ,i have no clue Thanks anyway

#4 Dawg Gonit

Dawg Gonit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:56 PM

Are you saying you cannot see the attachments upload section that is under just below the text box?

Remember the Fast Reply at the bottom of a thread does not include the attachment upload section. Only the full editor.

I've done that a few times.

Attached File  beagle1.jpg   60.83K   1 downloads

#5 tacksea

tacksea

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:24 PM

I can see pics ( ie your dog ) but I can't post anymore . Last time I could do it , was in February , I posted a pic of a boat in st Martin .
IMG_0175.JPG
This is an example .but it's ok ,i'll figure out one day.
Again ,thanks for your time Dawg .

#6 Dawg Gonit

Dawg Gonit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:29 AM

Are you saying when you look at the editor after you click the Add Post or Reply button you cannot see the area I circled in the image below?

Attached File  attachments.jpg   79.78K   13 downloads

#7 tacksea

tacksea

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

IMG_0175.JPG
No, I'm not saying that, every thing is ok ,beside that I can't post pics. As you see it shows IMG _0175.jpg and no picture.
I'll stop at the Apple store on day with my iPad and we'll see what they' say. I'll let you know ,like this if an other clueless poster ask you ,you'll have the answer :blink:
Anyway, thanks again for your time Dawg

#8 Amati

Amati

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts
  • Interests:0 (t) = 0

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:51 PM

Are you saying when you look at the editor after you click the Add Post or Reply button you cannot see the area I circled in the image below?

I'm having the same problem- I don't get the same window as you're showing. What I get is a working 'clear selection' button, but the 'choose file' button is disabled. Below the 'choose file' is an 'attach this file' button. I have no browse button. I have used 0 bytes of my global quota.

The advanced uploaded option is worthless.

One of the reasons I got the iPad was the convenience of taking pics and posting them in one package, so........

Paul

#9 Dawg Gonit

Dawg Gonit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:17 AM

G'Damn Ipads and Macs are more problem than they are worth.

#10 Amati

Amati

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:27 AM

And yet.......

#11 Amati

Amati

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:55 PM

It is possible to get a pics address to the reply window by emailing it to yourself, copying it and pasting that to the SA reply window. Even though the address will show up, you cannot click on it to get the pic to come up. If you copy and paste that address to the address window on the top bar and hit the go button a message will come up telling you that you cannot open the URL.

#12 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,975 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:35 PM

I'm having the same problem- I don't get the same window as you're showing. What I get is a working 'clear selection' button, but the 'choose file' button is disabled. Below the 'choose file' is an 'attach this file' button. I have no browse button. I have used 0 bytes of my global quota.

The advanced uploaded option is worthless.

One of the reasons I got the iPad was the convenience of taking pics and posting them in one package, so........

Paul

I hear a fix has been released

go ask about all the choices

at the PC Store Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 Dawg Gonit

Dawg Gonit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

It is possible to get a pics address to the reply window by emailing it to yourself, copying it and pasting that to the SA reply window. Even though the address will show up, you cannot click on it to get the pic to come up. If you copy and paste that address to the address window on the top bar and hit the go button a message will come up telling you that you cannot open the URL.

It is possible to get a pics address to the reply window by emailing it to yourself, copying it and pasting that to the SA reply window. Even though the address will show up, you cannot click on it to get the pic to come up.

Many pics in the sailing forums are uploaded. The address I believe is what is called dynamic which means it keeps browsers from opening it. If you wish to use a photo that is uploaded on SA in a post then just quote the orginal post.

If people would upload photos to their gallery then it would be available.

If you copy and paste that address to the address window on the top bar and hit the go button a message will come up telling you that you cannot open the URL.

Make sure you have no empty spaces at the end of the address after pasting it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users