Green Comm Challenge. No. 9.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
388 replies to this topic

#301 Xlot

Xlot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,404 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:46 PM

Maybe the entire AC34 is just a show.

America's Cup Beach Party (no, I'm not making this up)

Might criticism of this be a tad silly. Of course they are trying to make the event into more than simply some boats racing. Having little blips about food and culture/entertainment, as long as they are not ignoring the actual racing, is fine. Not interested, don't read it. Not like they don't do human-interest stories and such with the Olympics, Superbowl, World Cup, F-1, etc. etc. etc.

Now don't be a tad silly too :)

#302 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,850 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:56 PM

Exactly and that is the biggest issue for some that would prefer the RACE to be the main concern . Dumbed down , NASCAR on the water , is the level the Americas Cup has sunk to for the time being . Time will tell.

If ACEA could achieve a tenth of NASCAR's success with respect to fans, sponsors, broadcast coverage, level of competition, or any other metric, AC34 would be the most successful cup in the history of sailing by a long way.

#303 EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:57 PM

If ACEA could achieve a tenth of NASCAR's success with respect to fans, sponsors, broadcast coverage, level of competition, or any other metric, AC34 would be the most successful cup in the history of sailing by a long way.

Comparing the once every three-five year America's Cup to the 1500 races every year NASCAR seems pointless.

Benchmark for sailing is Fremantle '83 of 3 million in the US. If AC34 can equal that after years of declining audiences from dull monohull races in purposely slow boats it would be a huge success.

#304 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,850 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:03 PM

Comparing the once every three-five year America's Cup to the 1500 races every year NASCAR seems pointless.

Not really. The America's Cup used to be once every three to five years. Now it is a multi-event series with an annual season, at least until someone else wins it, so it makes sense to compare it to other series sports.

Benchmark for sailing is Fremantle '83 of 3 million in the US.

I still have not seen a cite to that number, though I'd honestly love to know if it is fact or fiction. Can you provide a factual record?

#305 Stingray

Stingray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,999 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:50 PM

It's so hard to get good numbers even today (reach versus who tuned it in, who tuned it in verse actually watched while it was on, etc) that 80's stats have to be highly debatable.

A bit like that ACU Ep 1, just because people did not have time to watch 80% of a 24 minute show tells us almost nothing.

#306 EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:17 AM

I still have not seen a cite to that number, though I'd honestly love to know if it is fact or fiction. Can you provide a factual record?

It was Stone Age television, but to ESPN's surprise, the coverage averaged a 2.4 rating, a weekday afternoon record, and peaked at 4.6.

Believe that translated to 3,000,000 viewers in US in1987.

It took some big numbers for a fledgling unproven all sports channel to impress the NFL and MLB.

10 Things to Take Away From the ESPN Book.
No. 2. Without America's Cup 1987, ESPN never gets the NFL or MLB

#307 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,850 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:15 AM

It was Stone Age television, but to ESPN's surprise, the coverage averaged a 2.4 rating, a weekday afternoon record, and peaked at 4.6.

That quote was about 1983, not 1987. There is nothing about 1987's viewership at all in that story except that "ESPN made a profit" because they attracted upscale advertising. Do you have some other source for your '3 million' claim?

#308 EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:21 AM

That quote was about 1983, not 1987. There is nothing about 1987's viewership at all in that story except that "ESPN made a profit" because they attracted upscale advertising. Do you have some other source for your '3 million' claim?

Keep looking. Maybe use your media credentials to just ask ESPN. ESPN does list the 1987 Cup as one of it's milestones due to the viewership and the viral nature of the media coverage the large, early AM viewership got them.

#309 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,029 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:24 AM

Can't be true. The team formerly known as BMWO repeatedly asserted in various AC33 affidavits that AC32 was the third most watched sporting event on the planet. IIRC ETNZ also made the same claim. Surely we are not saying that may have been an exaggeration?

#310 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,850 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:26 AM

Keep looking. Maybe use your media credentials to just ask ESPN.

It isn't me making up numbers. you claim the numbers, you back it up.

#311 EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:40 AM

You think the 3,000,000 on ESPN for 1987 Fremantle race is "made up"?

That the race is mentioned by ESPN as a seminal event in ESPN's history for the number of viewers and how that lead to NFL signing a contract with the fledgling cable all sports business would seem to indicate the 3,000,000 is correct. Might be low considering the 4.9 share of the '83 race.

I'm pretty sure the 3M is in the ballpark. If it is really important for you, I'm sure a call from a media person such as yourself to ESPN would get the exact number. ESPN is proud of it and highlights in its official corporate history.

Since the 1987 is the most watched America's Cup ever, that would be the benchmark to use for AC34 not unrelated NASCAR or NFL or World Cup Soccer league. Those comparisons make no sense.

So when you find the exact number for '87, that's the benchmark for '13. An argument could be made to match the rating vs. the actual number. Since rating is a percent of the existing TV audience and since TV audience has increased, that would raise the bar for AC34 over the 3M in '87 to a comparable per cent in 2013. So when you call ESPN, be sure to ask for the rating as well as the total number of viewers.

#312 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,029 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:44 AM

Has anyone else considered the possibility that Eagles might be Clean's sock-puppet, here to maintain traffic to this forum? Half the posts here lately have been telling Eagles he's an idiot.

Not saying it's true but it might be.

#313 Xlot

Xlot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,404 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:55 AM

GC's helmsman reminds me of Rocky IV's Ivan Drago: got twice the muscle mass of anybody else ..

#314 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,850 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:07 PM

You think the 3,000,000 on ESPN for 1987 Fremantle race is "made up"?

That the race is mentioned by ESPN as a seminal event in ESPN's history for the number of viewers and how that lead to NFL signing a contract with the fledgling cable all sports business would seem to indicate the 3,000,000 is correct. Might be low considering the 4.9 share of the '83 race.

You made the claim. Did it come from your colon or was it found even deeper? Has a smell to it...

#315 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,850 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:09 PM

Has anyone else considered the possibility that Eagles might be Clean's sock-puppet, here to maintain traffic to this forum? Half the posts here lately have been telling Eagles he's an idiot.

Not saying it's true but it might be.

Fuck off. I've been close to asking Scot to boot Eagles for a while now, but he's careful about crossing the line.

#316 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,029 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:33 PM

Wish you would.

#317 EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:53 PM

You made the claim. Did it come from your colon or was it found even deeper? Has a smell to it...

The 3,000,000 US audience for Fremantle has been around for a while. It is a seminal event in ESPN history as noted on ESPN's corporate website and by the various histories of ESPN. If it is important to you, a call to ESPN media person should get you the exact number and audience share.

To the point of this discussion, the audience for Frmantle is the benchmark for AC34. That would be a big achievement to get the America's Cup back to that level after years of decline after Fremantle.

#318 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,850 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

The 3,000,000 US audience for Fremantle has been around for a while.

No, I don't think you're right. I've never seen it or heard it anywhere except from you. Please show me where it has been around for a while. Anywhere.

#319 Te Kooti

Te Kooti

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,436 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

Exactly and that is the biggest issue for some that would prefer the RACE to be the main concern . Dumbed down , NASCAR on the water , is the level the Americas Cup has sunk to for the time being . Time will tell.

Clean ... this is interesting.

But NASCAR is an all-American, good ol' boys, mostly southern - endeavour.

In contrast, the America's Cup is an international event.

Which means SFA in North America.

But a lot in Oceania and Europe.

So, in some respects, ACEA has a tough task.

A dumbed-down NASCAR-type event would be the death of the AC.

If they go this way, they may as well dump grinding games and AC history and bring in mud wrestling and "pit girls."

#320 Te Kooti

Te Kooti

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,436 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:44 PM

It took some big numbers for a fledgling unproven all sports channel to impress the NFL and MLB.

I don't have numbers.

But, in 1987, just about very NZ'er was glued to their TV set.

Because the blue-eyed choir boy threatened to teach Big-Bad-Dennis a lesson.

Yet, DC silenced the kid.

#321 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,850 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:06 PM

Clean ... this is interesting.

But NASCAR is an all-American, good ol' boys, mostly southern - endeavour.

True, but I'm talking about 'commercial success'. And if you put all the ACs together, you still don't have the commercial success of one season of NASCAR.

#322 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,850 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:07 PM

Can't be true. The team formerly known as BMWO repeatedly asserted in various AC33 affidavits that AC32 was the third most watched sporting event on the planet.

They were full of shit.

#323 EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

But, in 1987, just about very NZ'er was glued to their TV set.

The 3M was for US viewers on ESPN. If AC34 can match those total numbers and/or the market share number it would be considered a success. Getting the AC back to its peak.

#324 valenciasailing

valenciasailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:53 PM

Ed Wright working on the Green Comm Racing boat:

Posted Image

#325 Dixie

Dixie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,710 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:46 PM

Ed Wright working on the Green Comm Racing boat:

Posted Image

I know our numbers are smaller in this forum, but I expect there are a few of us gals who will thank you for that shot.

Posted Image

#326 Xlot

Xlot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,404 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:10 PM

Posted Image

Bit of graphics being applied. BTW, they have boat #8

#327 Alpha FB

Alpha FB

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:14 PM

Hmmm, looks kinda promising

but a boat called 'Green Comm' with red colour on the bows?

#328 Xlot

Xlot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,404 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:18 PM

And blue jerseys? Not very Spanish either

#329 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,850 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

The 3M was for US viewers on ESPN.

No it wasn't. You made that number up.

#330 WetHog

WetHog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,081 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:50 PM

A dumbed-down NASCAR-type event would be the death of the AC.

If they go this way, they may as well dump grinding games and AC history and bring in mud wrestling and "pit girls."

I'm sorry Te Koodie, what is dumbed down about a NASCAR event? Its a professional car racing circuit on the level with F1 and the Izod Indy Car Series. They do not have mud wrestling or pit girls. Its car racing and it is broadcast that way.

As Clean said, if ACEM could pull off what NASCAR did (take a southern redneck car racing circuit and take it national, and be successful) then ACEM would pull off a miracle.

WetHog :ph34r:

#331 EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

Red is a racing color of both Spain and Italy, the two countries behind GreenCom Racing. Spain is the country represented officially, so Red and Yellow, Spain's racing colors, would be appropriate.

Glad to see GreenCom did have some graphics at hand and not just the "all black" that was out racing initially.

Looking at Emirates and Aleph colorized wings, AC35 should require similar graphics for all boats as it makes race better looking an easier to follow visually.

Posted Image

#332 Stingray

Stingray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,999 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:29 PM

It matches the 'kite' on the end of the swooshy thing

Posted Image

#333 Stingray

Stingray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,999 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:32 PM

Have the practice race results been posted here? When I looked at twitter a short time back I think ETNZ had won both of the first two races running away. In the second race Korea took second place and OR5 took 3rd.

#334 Stingray

Stingray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,999 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:08 PM

Green Comm Racing - Javier de la Plaza - 04/08/2011

Green Comm Racing - Alex Muscat - 04/08/2011

#335 Xlot

Xlot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,404 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:58 PM

Met VS's Pierre, who is now in charge of GC's Press Relations. Aiming for an interview with Luca Devoti on Monday ..

#336 Monster Mash

Monster Mash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

According to a press release over on V-Sail Carrie Howe is not listed on the sailing team.

#337 Stingray

Stingray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,999 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

Met VS's Pierre, who is now in charge of GC's Press Relations. Aiming for an interview with Luca Devoti on Monday ..

Thanks for confirming what I suspected wrt Pierre and GCR, and .. outstanding!

#338 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,850 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:08 PM

According to a press release over on V-Sail Carrie Howe is not listed on the sailing team.

Not for first rotation. They will be rotating their sailors throughout the week to see who fits where best.

#339 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,850 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:10 PM

Have the practice race results been posted here? When I looked at twitter a short time back I think ETNZ had won both of the first two races running away. In the second race Korea took second place and OR5 took 3rd.

1-1-1 for ETNZ.

#340 Stingray

Stingray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,999 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:37 PM

#341 EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:16 AM

The 3M was for US viewers on ESPN.

No it wasn't. You made that number up.

Do you think the 3,000,000 US viewers for Fremantle America's Cup is high or low?

#342 Stingray

Stingray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,999 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:18 PM

English version (posted elsewhere by VS, different thread)

Speaking in Slovenian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRNiVApNf7I

Green Comm Racing - Vasilij Žbogar (Slovenian) 05/08/2011 - Cascais 2011

#343 Stingray

Stingray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,999 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:14 PM

#344 Monster Mash

Monster Mash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:35 AM

Another website is reporting Green Com had a training session with RC and the OR team.

http://www.vsail.inf...y/americas-cup/

#345 Stingray

Stingray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,999 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:40 PM

Green Comm Racing's bowman/tactician, Ed Wright, talks about AC45 experience and AC World Series Plymouth event.

#346 Stingray

Stingray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,999 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:45 PM

These guys had a few good moves today, some good things to take away from it. But aiming for the top 5 on Saturday?

http://www.americasc...Series-Cascais/

#347 GauchoGreg

GauchoGreg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:02 AM

These guys had a few good moves today, some good things to take away from it. But aiming for the top 5 on Saturday?

I thought so, too. They seemed to be within sight of most of the boats throughout the day, much better in that regard (if I remember correctly) than on Sunday.

#348 Stingray

Stingray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,999 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:22 AM

Right, Sunday was rough for them. They had a good start in R3 on Saturday, but an even better one today.

#349 Stingray

Stingray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,999 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:01 PM

#350 Stingray

Stingray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,999 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:30 PM

In Spanish, Luca Devoti

(ESP) Entrevista a Luca Devoti, Sport Manager de Green Comm Racing

#351 Stingray

Stingray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,999 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:19 PM

Fun piece here

http://www.americasc.../Fantastic-day/

... The day couldn't have started better for Green Comm Racing. As Javier de la Plaza stated on Thursday, the crew was already feeling confident enough with their crew work and started working on their tactical calls. And what a call did Ed Wright make before the start. Conditions were getting light and tricky and Wright saw the big right shift that was to come. Vasilij Zbogar positioned the AC45 yacht at the pin end of the line and the Spanish were off to a great start. Green Comm Racing rounded the first mark in second place and held off most of the fleet. They scored their best result with a 4th place, trailing sailing giants such Emirates Team New Zealand and Oracle Racing.

contd

#352 Stingray

Stingray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,999 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:44 PM

from

Vasilij Zbogar, helmsman: “We had a fantastic day. We were the last team to arrive here, we were the last team to sail on an AC45 and we were also last in the first two-three races. However, we learned every day, we climbed on the leaderboard every day and we had this amazing result.

Today we showed the spirit of the team. We never give up, even if we are dead last in the race, far behind the leading boats. We will always fight until we cross the finish line. This is what I told the other guys this morning before going out on the water: 'Forget about the result. We are here to fight until the end'.

#353 Stingray

Stingray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,999 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

Nice,

#354 Monster Mash

Monster Mash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:18 PM

I hear there's a pretty funny story about a GC crew member literally jumping ship. Anybody got details?

#355 Stingray

Stingray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,999 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

g-tran of an article from Spain

Five times Spain has been present in America's Cup and Valencia all had role. En dos como sede, y en tres, ahora con el “Green Comm Racing”, a través del RCNV. In two as host, and in three, now with the "Green Racing Comm," through RCNV.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://deportistas.net/vela/614/manuel-pons-el-green-comm-se-adherira-al-diseno-ac-72/&ei=cDJZTvu5JKvViALFm6iYCQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CD8Q7gEwAQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522green%2Bcomm%2Bracing%2522%26hl%3Den%26lr%3Dlang_es%26sa%3DX%26tbo%3D1%26biw%3D1022%26bih%3D390%26tbs%3Dsbd:1,lr:lang_1es,qdr:w%26prmd%3Divns

#356 Xlot

Xlot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,404 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:28 PM

From an otherwise inane piece (Spanish Tornado medallist Fernando León willing to join the team if he's paid enough and he's given free rein on crew selection - yeah, right):

"Green Comm" has closed, more or less the team, and it could be a problem at this point to make substantial changes. The money said to have the Spanish-Italian team, I think not reach even half. The intention is to buy another AC 45 to train at the base of the Real Club Nautico de Valencia and extend their "agony" to complete the Acts of 2011. Then, if they do not find a sponsorship that allows them to make the campaign of 2012, they would be willing to sell the team. To purchase two candidates. One is Virgin and the other can not even say his name because we do not know if it is serious.

#357 Rennmaus

Rennmaus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,422 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

MAURO CALVI JOINS GREEN COMM RACING AS CHIEF INNOVATION OFFICER

#358 seis

seis

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

This looks good!

"Mauro holds a US and Italian citizenship, lives in Hillsborough, California and works in San Francisco. He is he father of 2 college-age children.

Francesco De Leo, Executive Chairman of Green Comm Racings says: “Today is a key date for Green Comm Racing America’s Cup campaign: Mauro is not just a visionary leader in the field of technology and communications, but he brings, indeed, a great deal of expertise in the management of complex, hi-tech endeavors. In March 1998, I was able to hire Mauro away from Microsoft, where he was leading the launch of MSN, to join me at Telecom Italia as Head of Telecom Italia Ventures, in San Francisco: I have full trust in his capability to integrate diverse technologies, and to align the work of leading research institutions. Mauro is at home the Bay Area and close to the venture capital community across Silicon Valley.

Our Team needs to ramp up its presence in San Francisco and to become part of the local community, by leveraging the talents and the skills available across the Bay Area."

#359 KiwiJoker

KiwiJoker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

This looks good!

"Mauro holds a US and Italian citizenship, lives in Hillsborough, California and works in San Francisco. He is he father of 2 college-age children.

Francesco De Leo, Executive Chairman of Green Comm Racings says: "Today is a key date for Green Comm Racing America's Cup campaign: Mauro is not just a visionary leader in the field of technology and communications, but he brings, indeed, a great deal of expertise in the management of complex, hi-tech endeavors. In March 1998, I was able to hire Mauro away from Microsoft, where he was leading the launch of MSN, to join me at Telecom Italia as Head of Telecom Italia Ventures, in San Francisco: I have full trust in his capability to integrate diverse technologies, and to align the work of leading research institutions. Mauro is at home the Bay Area and close to the venture capital community across Silicon Valley.

Our Team needs to ramp up its presence in San Francisco and to become part of the local community, by leveraging the talents and the skills available across the Bay Area."

You'd have to believe he wouldn't put his name and reputation on the line unless he believed there was a strong probability Green Comm could push ahead with a challenge.

#360 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,335 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

Nice quote from him
--

Mauro Calvi says: “I am thrilled at the opportunity to help Francesco and Green Comm Racing in this remarkable undertaking. From materials science to new parallel computational methods to complex data collection, modeling and analytics, the opportunities to create innovation that can both increase a team’s competitiveness and create a more sustainable way of living are boundless. This is an exciting project. Sailboats are, after all, the ultimate renewable energy machine.”
--

Probably him:
http://m.facebook.co...i1?id=766054632

#361 Xlot

Xlot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,404 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

Somebody should tell them filling hulls with hot air is not allowed by the Rule

#362 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,620 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:48 PM

Is that the same as "their will never be an ACWS event in Italy" ?

#363 Xlot

Xlot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,404 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

Touché. But there's a limit to irrationality, even among my compatriots.

#364 sunseeker

sunseeker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:12 AM

This looks good!

Francesco De Leo, Executive Chairman of Green Comm Racings says: "Today is a key date for Green Comm Racing America's Cup campaign: Mauro is not just a visionary leader in the field of technology and communications, but he brings, indeed, a great deal of expertise in the management of complex, hi-tech endeavors. In March 1998, I was able to hire Mauro away from Microsoft, where he was leading the launch of MSN, to join me at Telecom Italia as Head of Telecom Italia Ventures, in San Francisco: I have full trust in his capability to integrate diverse technologies, and to align the work of leading research institutions. Mauro is at home the Bay Area and close to the venture capital community across Silicon Valley.

What does being close to the Vulture Capital community have to do with putting together an AC team? It's not like Kleiner Perkins is going to invest one cent in an AC team, or even have the companies in which they have invested spend any time doing anything with a start up sports team. If this was 1997, maybe. So he helped start MSN, which began life as a dialup service. A J105 sailor. WOW! I wonder if DoRag longboarded the bottom of that J105 too.

#365 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,620 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:47 AM

Touché. But there's a limit to irrationality, even among my compatriots.

Apparently not just one, but two Posted Image.

#366 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,029 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:01 AM

Francesco De Leo, Executive Chairman of Green Comm Racings says: "........Our Team needs to ramp up its presence in San Francisco and to become part of the local community, by leveraging the talents and the skills available across the Bay Area."

When he announced the deal with the Region of Lombardy (afaik still uncorroborated by any statement from the Region) he waxed lyrical about being the first truly pan-European AC team. Now it seems he is touting for support in the Bay Area. Curiouser and curiouser.

#367 nav

nav

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,298 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

Francesco De Leo, Executive Chairman of Green Comm Racings says: "........Our Team needs to ramp up its presence in San Francisco and to become part of the local community, by leveraging the talents and the skills available across the Bay Area."

When he announced the deal with the Region of Lombardy (afaik still uncorroborated by any statement from the Region) he waxed lyrical about being the first truly pan-European AC team. Now it seems he is touting for support in the Bay Area. Curiouser and curiouser.

Did you see that the 'Chinese' Team is trying to do the same thing, i.e. draw on the S.F. community for support, which is apparently not forthcoming from within China.

Last desperate attempts to stay in the game??

If it works it would mean that S.F. and it's citizens - one in particular, are on the hook for damn near the whole circus!

#368 Mariner

Mariner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

KL's story mentioned than GC is building a 72.... maybe went a bit un noticed, but very good news, anyone have another story or confirmation?

#369 seis

seis

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

ACU 27

#370 ~Stingray~

~Stingray~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,335 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:41 AM

What happened to A Guirri's laughter post?

Anyway, fwiw here is the quote from ACU27

edit: Fun by Pierre at VS
"The America's Cup is always about rumors and speculations. That's the essence of the America's Cup. There is obviously speculation about whether Green Comm Racing will have an AC72 yacht. Well I can tell you: Not only will it have an AC72 yacht, we are fully committed to that. We are not here just for fun or to play. So Grant Dalton beware, and Dean Barker beware: On the waters of San Francisco 13 months from now it won't be that easy."

#371 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,029 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:15 AM

KL's story mentioned than GC is building a 72.... maybe went a bit un noticed, but very good news, anyone have another story or confirmation?

Not really news. GCR said before Xmas that they would be building a single AC72 to launch in 2013 in SF and that they had a sponsorship deal with the Region of Lombardy, which appeared to be guaranteed funding if commercial sponsorship could not be be found. As far as anyone can tell, there has never been a matching statement from the Region or indeed any commercial sponsor. What would therefore be news is corroboration from a source other than GCR themselves that they do indeed have €€€€€ to build a boat. Enquiring minds might wonder why a land-locked regional government in Italy would be guaranteeing funding to an essentially Spanish AC entry at a time when public spending is in a huge squeeze. But if you accept GCR's statements at face value, they have guaranteed funding and they are building a boat for 2013.

#372 Summerwind

Summerwind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

But what they obviously don´t have is the money to pay the entrance fee. :unsure:
Or why would IM say that only 3 challengers have met all the requirements?

#373 Indio

Indio

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

But what they obviously don´t have is the money to pay the entrance fee. :unsure:

Maybe Uncle Russell is giving them free entry - after all, they do need the numbers.

#374 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,620 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

Assuming their comments are accurate about their commitment to building an AC72, I doubt they would not have access to the funds to pay the entrance fee which is not due until June 1st.

Their guarantee of funding may not kick in until sponsorship efforts have been exhausted, and they still have a few months to go.

Either way I question the ability of a team of Finn sailors to adapt to cats, and on a short timeline. Naples and Venice will give us an indication of their progress.

Aren't these guys also focused on the Olympics ?

#375 ronaldinho

ronaldinho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

News
Zbogar said :"....With the AC45, because our team is half Finn sailors, we decided to just turn up and some those regattas, and to focus on the Finn until the Olympics. After the Olympics we will focus much more on the America’s Cup." from Vsail
http://www.vsail.inf...?s=finn&x=0&y=0

AFTER Olympics means after August 2012??

#376 maxmini

maxmini

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,833 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

News
Zbogar said :"....With the AC45, because our team is half Finn sailors, we decided to just turn up and some those regattas, and to focus on the Finn until the Olympics. After the Olympics we will focus much more on the America’s Cup." from Vsail

Well it does sound like he and his mates have their priorities settled.

#377 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,620 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:40 AM

News
Zbogar said :"....With the AC45, because our team is half Finn sailors, we decided to just turn up and some those regattas, and to focus on the Finn until the Olympics. After the Olympics we will focus much more on the America's Cup." from Vsail

Well it does sound like he and his mates have their priorities settled.

Same thing with Nathan and TK -

#378 Tony-F18

Tony-F18

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:07 AM

Zbogar got Silver at the Finn Europeans:
http://www.finneurop...x2.php?Itemid=6

#379 Summerwind

Summerwind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

"The America's Cup is always about rumors and speculations. That's the essence of the America's Cup. There is obviously speculation about whether Green Comm Racing will have an AC72 yacht. Well I can tell you: Not only will it have an AC72 yacht, we are fully committed to that. We are not here just for fun or to play. So Grant Dalton beware, and Dean Barker beware: On the waters of San Francisco 13 months from now it won't be that easy."

I really like vsail but maybe Pierre was a bit premature here.

#380 valenciasailing

valenciasailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

It's not an issue of being premature, it's simply an issue of not knowing the whole picture, unfortunately........

#381 kiwi_jon

kiwi_jon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

^^^

Pierre,

Was it agreed between Real Club Náutico Valencia and Green Comm to withdraw or did Real Club Náutico Valencia pull the rug out from under Green Comms feet by withdrawing?

#382 ocean70

ocean70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

I guess when they heard that none of the sailing team have been paid or the suppliers they have decided to split from GCR.

#383 Xlot

Xlot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,404 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

S-W: that's what I thought, but I had in mind bigger amounts. Interesting inference that challenging clubs can be held liable.

#384 kiwi_jon

kiwi_jon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

17th April 2012

JURY CASE AC12 JURY NOTICE JN038 CLOSURE APPLICATION

1. On 1st March 2012, the Jury Chairman received a letter from Hamish Ross, General Counsel, America’s Cup Race Management Limited: ‘Re: Club Nautico de Valencia & Green Comm – Non-Payment of Costs – Request for Confidentiality

It is with regret that ACRM informs the Jury that Green Comm representing Real Club Nautico de Valencia, has failed to pay the Jury’s costs as ordered by JN022.

ACRM understands that payment of costs by Green Comm awarded to Artemis and Aleph (Aleph's costs are now due to ACRM who carried out the repairs to Aleph’s AC45) also remain unpaid, despite further time being granted for payment by the respective recipients.

ACRM respectfully submits a final but brief opportunity to make payment be afforded to Real Club Nautico de Valencia and its representative Green Comm coupled with an order suspending of its challenge meanwhile, and if the sums due are not paid, the challenger be ordered to be disqualified from the Event, but without prejudice to their liability to make the payments awarded by the Jury, and such further costs as the Jury considers just and equitable pursuant to art. 15.3(a) of the Protocol.

Publicity of this matter is likely to have an adverse effect on any sponsorship and other fundraising efforts presently underway by Green Comm to enable payment to be made. ACRM requests this communication and the resulting proceedings be ordered by the Jury to remain strictly confidential to ACRM, Real Club Nautico de Valencia, Green Comm and other directly interested parties pending final determination.

The Jury’s Rules of Procedure (rule 6 and rule 7) allow for orders of confidentiality to be made. ACRM submits there are reasonable grounds as stated above to conclude that there is a substantial risk of serious damage should Real Club Nautico de Valencia and/or Green Comm’s identity and these proceedings be publicly disclosed pending final determination.
ACRM recommends all communications with the Challenger be made to both the challenger yacht club Real Club Nautico de Valencia and its representative Green Comm. A copy of this letter has not been forwarded to Real Club Nautico de Valencia or Green Comm pending the Jury’s directions.’

CONFIDENTIALITY ORDER

2. On 4th March 2012 the Jury issued Jury Notice JN036 in which it made a Confidentiality Order requiring that until a final resolution of the matter, the Application and proceedings shall be confidential to ACRM, AC Event Authority, GGYC, Green Comm Challenge, RCNV, Artemis Racing, Aleph and such other Parties as the Jury may later determine.

3. Green Comm Challenge and RCNV were given leave to jointly waive confidentiality, but were requested to first advise the Jury Chairman and ACRM that they have both agreed to waive confidentiality. No such advice has been received.

JURY ACTING AS AN ARBITRAL BODY

4. Acting as an arbitral body in accordance with Article 15.4 of the Protocol, on 23rd December 2011 the Jury published Jury Notice JN022 which included a Decision not to re-open Case AC05 and confirmed the sums payable by Green Comm Challenge by 14th February 2012 as being:
To ARTEMIS: €32,472 + €27,688 Total liability: €60,160.00
To ALEPH: €9,139.95 + €3,800 Total liability: €12,939.95
To America’s Cup Race Management: Costs of €6,500.00

DIRECTIONS and WARNING

5. In Jury Notice JN036 of 4th March 2012, the Jury directed Green Comm Challenge to pay all outstanding sums to the relevant Parties by 18th March 2012.

6. The Jury Notice warned that unless by 18th March 2012 Green Comm Challenge or RCNV had paid the sums due or made a submission to the Jury proposing how the matter might be otherwise promptly resolved to the reasonable satisfaction of the Jury and any affected Party, the Jury would, without further notice, invoke Protocol Article 15.4 (d) (vi) by disqualifying RCNV from further participation in the Event.

CONTINUED BREACH

7. The Jury has been advised that no payments have been received by Artemis Racing, Aleph, or ACRM. Furthermore, the Jury had not received by 29th March any proposal from Green Comm Challenge or RCNV as how the matter might be otherwise resolved.

REQUEST FOR FURTHER TIME

8. On 30th March 2012 the Jury received an email dated 29th March from Manuel Pons, the President of Real Club Nautico de Valencia:
We have been surprised upon receiving news that a case called AC34-RCNV-Case-12 exist. Even more the information provided to RCNV says that Green Comm Challenge has not paid a debt of 80.000 €.

We were informed yesterday March 28th by Mr. Luis Sáenz Mariscal, as we have received no previous communication. Therefore we ask you to send all the information about this case to RCNV, by e-mail to presidencia@rcnv.es or through the appropriate course. Therefore we ask ACRM for an extended period for studying the case and contact Green Comm Challenge to clarify the situation.

Once we have all the information, we will study it and let you know our position in the shortest term possible.
For any further communication, please send it to the above e-mail or to our address:

Att.. Manuel Pons (President)
REAL CLUB NAUTICO DE VALENCIA
Camino del Canal, 91
46024 - VALENCIA
SPAIN

JURY’S RESPONSE

9. In its Notice of Challenge, Real Club Nautico de Valencia named its representative as Green Comm (para 7: ‘The Challenger will be represented by Green Comm Challenge’). Green Comm provided addresses for Service (See http://noticeboard.americascup.com/ > Jury > Service address List). The addresses provided were used for the serving of Jury Notices including those relating to Case AC12. The Jury does not, therefore, accept that Real Club Nautico de Valencia was not properly served.

FURTHER TIME EXTENSION

10. In an email dated 31st March 2012 addressed to President Manuel Pons, the Jury extended the deadline to 2nd April 2012.

11. On 2nd April President Manuel Pons García sent the Jury an email:

Thank you for your letter dated the 31st of of March in which you include the relevant Jury Notices relating to the case and in which the Jury grants us two days to resolve the matter (until today 2nd of April).

The RCNV now understands that the communications from the Jury have been properly addressed to the stipulated addresses for service of the Jury. We do not dispute that fact, but at the same time we do desire to bring to the attention of the Jury, that the RCNV had no news, notifications or
knowledge, of this procedure and that the e-mail address submitted in our notice of Challenge, for the RCNV, was never used.
Obviously, Green Comm Challenge had the duty to communicate to the RCNV the existence of this procedure and the extremely grave consequences announced by the Jury with the 18th March Time Limit.

We have immediately addressed Green Comm Challenge, and his Principal, Francesco de Leo, (a copy of such communication is attached).
He has reply that he is this afternoon he will be available to speak.

Our intention is to solve this matter favorably, with the payment of Green Comm Challenge of the dues imposed by the Jury.
We appreciate the additional time given by the Jury, however it has not been sufficient to properly address the matter with Green Comm Challenge, specially taking into account that the 31st and the 1st were a Saturday an a Sunday.

At the same time, there is a complete contract between RCNV and Green Comm Challenge by which Green Comm Challenge is responsible to effect any and all payments related to the participation in the America's Cup. Likewise, in good contractual practice, the RCNV may not withdraw its challenge without first giving proper notice to Green Comm Challenge.

Therefore, we respectfully inform to the Jury our intended course of action:
1. The RCNV request to the Jury an additional time until 18:00 of Friday 13th of April, with the aim to put pressure on Green Comm Challenge to procure effective payment of the dues by Green Comm Challenge.

2. The RCNV will immediately request in writing to Green Comm Challenge (and orally to Francesco de Leo) full payment of all dues mentioned above in the next few days limited by 18:00 of Thursday the 12th of April with the severe warning that lack of payment will in RCNV taking all the legal steps to ensure that no harm is made to either ACRM and or RCNV due to the lack of fulfilling Green Comm Challenge obligations as per the contract subscribed with RCNV.

3. Should Green Comm Challenge not pay the dues as required by the JN to Artemis, Aleph and ACRM by 18:00 of Thursday the 12th of April, then the RCNV will communicate to the Jury and to the Golden Gate Yacht Club.

4. Should Green Comm Challenge pay the full dues, then the RCNV will consider the best course of action.

5. The RCNV will communicate to the Jury before the time limit of 18:00 of Friday of the status of the situation and its final decision on the matter.
The RCNV will proceed with the above plan and we respectfully request to the Jury to delay an the eventual decision of suspension and disqualification until 18:00 of Friday 13th of April so the RCNV may properly address with Green Comm these issues in light of our agreement and as advised by our legal services.

Hoping for your understanding and cooperation in this unusual situation,

Sincerely, Manuel Pons García, President RCNV

ATTENDANCE IN NAPLES

12. The Jury has been advised by ACRM that Green Comm Challenge has notified them that they cannot attend the ACWS event in Naples. This information is not subject to the Confidentiality Order. The Jury has agreed to allow some limited additional time to make payment on the express basis that RCNV and GC will not attend the ACWS event in Naples (11th to 15th April) or participate in such event in any form as a Competitor pursuant to the Protocol.

JURY’S RESPONSE (JN037)

13. In response to the request from the President of RCNV, the Jury agreed to extend the deadline by which all outstanding payments stated in paragraph 4 were to be made, to 23h59 Universal Time (UT) on 9th April 2012.

14. The total outstanding amount of €79599.95 was directed to be paid into the specified bank account of ACRM Operations Limited.

15. If by the time specified in paragraph 13 the full payment had not been made, then unless RCNV had withdrawn, RCNV/Green Comm would be disqualified in accordance with Protocol Article 15.4 (d) (vi) from further participation in the Event. The Jury stated that it would in such circumstances immediately issue a further Jury Notice confirming such disqualification unless RCNV had earlier elected to withdraw.

16. JN037 further stated: ‘This does not affect any antecedent claim or other rights Parties may otherwise have against Green Comm Challenge or RCNV with regard to matters concerning Case AC05 including the payments awarded or otherwise that may arise under the Protocol.

17. It is a condition of the granting of the request for an extension of time that RCNV/GC may not participate until further order in any manner at the Naples Event, nor is ACRM or ACEA obligated to provide to RCNV/GC any services or facilities at that event.’

CLOSURE

18. The Jury has received advice from ACRM that no funds were received in the account of ACRM Operations Limited by 23h59 Universal time (UT) on 9th April 2012. 19. On 10th April 2012, GGYC advised the Jury that RCNV has withdrawn its Challenge. Therefore the Jury now records that RCNV (and its representative team Green Comm Challenge) is no longer a Competitor in the 34th America’s Cup. 20. This does not affect any antecedent claim or other rights Parties may otherwise have against Green Comm Challenge or RCNV with regard to matters concerning Case AC05 including the payments awarded or otherwise that may arise under the Protocol.

CONFIDENTIALITY ORDER
21. As indicated in Jury Notice JN037, the Confidentiality Order described in paragraphs 2 & 3 is lifted. All Jury Notices relating to this Case are available to all Parties and will be released into the public domain. AWARD OF COSTS 22. In accordance with the Jury Guidelines for the Award of Costs and Expenses published on 13th August 2011, the Jury considers it is just and equitable that costs of Euros 8,750.00 are awarded. This amount is to be paid by Green Comm Challenge within 14 days of this Decision to: ACRM Operations Ltd Account Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

David Tillett

JURY: David Tillett (Chairman), John Doerr, Josje Hofland, Graham McKenzie, Bryan Willis.

http://noticeboard.a...11/08/JN038.pdf

#385 atwinda

atwinda

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

17th April 2012

JURY CASE AC12 JURY NOTICE JN038 CLOSURE APPLICATION

1. On 1st March 2012, the Jury Chairman received a letter from Hamish Ross, General Counsel, America’s Cup Race Management Limited: ‘Re: Club Nautico de Valencia & Green Comm – Non-Payment of Costs – Request for Confidentiality

It is with regret that ACRM informs the Jury that Green Comm representing Real Club Nautico de Valencia, has failed to pay the Jury’s costs as ordered by JN022.

ACRM understands that payment of costs by Green Comm awarded to Artemis and Aleph (Aleph's costs are now due to ACRM who carried out the repairs to Aleph’s AC45) also remain unpaid, despite further time being granted for payment by the respective recipients.

Yup- pretty sure I called that Artemis's un called for selfish move on the starting line could knock the smaller teams outta this.

#386 Te Kooti

Te Kooti

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,436 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

Pierre is a decent bloke.

But this is what happens when you sacrifice your autonomy and become a mouthpiece for others.

I wonder how Strephanie Martin feels about performing the same kind of dance at OR?

#387 ronaldinho

ronaldinho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

But this is what happens when you sacrifice your autonomy and become a mouthpiece for others.

I wonder how Strephanie Martin feels about performing the same kind of dance at OR?

IMHO Pierre perform a good job without sacrify his autonomy

on Vsail there was a normal report of the activities of AC
on other channel he represent a team and spoke for the team

very professional

#388 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,850 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

Martin got canned three weeks ago mate.

Pierre is a smart dude, and I'm looking forward to seeing the real Pierre back now that he doesn't have to worry about the GCR crap.

#389 Te Kooti

Te Kooti

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,436 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

Martin got canned three weeks ago mate.

Pierre is a smart dude, and I'm looking forward to seeing the real Pierre back now that he doesn't have to worry about the GCR crap.

Yes, agree + agree!