doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:35 PM

Hi guys!

It is getting close to that time again.

Just wanted to get a head count on who is in for the Pensacola regattas this year.

Right now seems like one in Oct, one in Nov, one in Feb, and one in March.

Just let me know your interest so I can get the planning started.

Thanks!

Doug

#2 ejf3

ejf3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:37 PM

I did not like the experience last year, so I am not going to be there this year.

#3 Tiger 20

Tiger 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:25 AM

WTF.
Want to tell us why.?

#4 River Sailor

River Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:56 PM

I did not like the experience last year, so I am not going to be there this year.

We have been there the last three years, can't imagine what experieince you had that would keep you from returning.

PYC has been extremely accomodating for our fleet and gives us an extra day of sailing for their short weekend regattas.

I would be interested to know what happened!

#5 Tiger 20

Tiger 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:38 PM

We have been there the last three years, can't imagine what experieince you had that would keep you from returning.

PYC has been extremely accomodating for our fleet and gives us an extra day of sailing for their short weekend regattas.

Have not made it yet as have had sick ederly parent to take care of but have sailed against most of the Ft 10 boats at the 2 St Pete Noods and had a great time both on the water and off.
There is a slight chance I maybe able to make it this year. If my situation at home changes.
I would love to leave my boat on the trailer with mast up and just launch and drop keel and go.
Have inlaws and relatives living in Pensacola and have always had a good time there..
Since Ejf3 does not want to be more precise about his bad experience I will presume it was his own fault for not having a good experience.
Would love to see you there this year River Sailer. Had fun in Ft Pierce a f couple of years ago, and the Noods

#6 awesum

awesum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:09 AM

I'm pretty sure Brrrrrr is coming for the winter, I'm just not sure weather I'm allowed back.Posted Image

#7 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:31 PM

Have not made it yet as have had sick ederly parent to take care of but have sailed against most of the Ft 10 boats at the 2 St Pete Noods and had a great time both on the water and off.
There is a slight chance I maybe able to make it this year. If my situation at home changes.
I would love to leave my boat on the trailer with mast up and just launch and drop keel and go.
Have inlaws and relatives living in Pensacola and have always had a good time there..
Since Ejf3 does not want to be more precise about his bad experience I will presume it was his own fault for not having a good experience.
Would love to see you there this year River Sailer. Had fun in Ft Pierce a f couple of years ago, and the Noods

I can't speak for Jeff... but as an observer... I just think that his experience was more frustrating than a bad one. He had travel issues... then issues getting the boat together... then got hit in a race... yada, yada, yada...

I've been on the road enough in the past years I've just learned to expect the unexpected... and roll with it (I was the one who's main blew out before the first race at the NA's... with no throw outs... there goes that regatta!!! :-( ) . As you all know... there can be all kinds of issues moving a boat, getting the crew together, paying the rum bill, etc.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... the folks in the class make this time in PNS a GREAT time! We took a chance and even let some Ca-nooks come play in our sand box last year. They made it even better. Even got a few of them trained in a Rebel Yell (AWESOME... ya still crack me up!!!).

Right now... it looks like

QMN (talked with his son last Wed... they are going to try to make it... Ivars is still having a few health issues... :-( )
Toy
Maiden
Blurr
Liberty
???

Geroges boat is still down there (as of June)... but Lord only knows if he'll show up or not...

The schedule is still up in the air and I need y'all's input. There are two "away" regattas that have asked us to come. One is in New Orleans (5 hours from PNS) in March and then the St Pete NOODs' (7 hours from PNS) in Feb. Let me know your thoughts on doing either of these and I'll get the plans in the works. Just a note... there may be a few issues launching in New Orleans... that would have to be worked out if there is interest. Also... it is a pretty shallow lake ... may be a few more issues. They really want us... but my personal feeling is that there are too many obsticles. However... if the class wants to go... I'll go as well.

Or... we can just stay put again in PNS...

Looking forward to another great fall/winter with you guys on the water (and off the water).

Doug

#8 owlslick

owlslick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:48 PM

NOODs in St Pete ( Feb date ) is a good event...was enjoyed by those attending... that is before PYC came along. In previous dicussions the consensus has been that St Pete NOODs have nothing to offer.... maybe a T-shirt with NOOD logo ( we produced our own nice T-shirts ).

#9 port tack

port tack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

[]
Not sure what New Orleans regatta yall are talking about, but just wanted to correct / shed some light on a couple things Doug has stated. New Orleans is no more than 3 - 3 1/2 hours from P-Cola towing a boat. You may bump coming in and out of the harbor but in the lake there is plently of water (muddy bottom so no risk of damage). Launching would be one of a couple ramps or one of a couple near by boat yards. Great parties well run regatta's , I think you guys would enjoy it.

Let me know if anyone needs crew.

#10 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:06 PM

[]
Not sure what New Orleans regatta yall are talking about, but just wanted to correct / shed some light on a couple things Doug has stated. New Orleans is no more than 3 - 3 1/2 hours from P-Cola towing a boat. You may bump coming in and out of the harbor but in the lake there is plently of water (muddy bottom so no risk of damage). Launching would be one of a couple ramps or one of a couple near by boat yards. Great parties well run regatta's , I think you guys would enjoy it.

Thanks for clarifying... I thought that by car it was 4 hours... so I added another hour for towing (I learned not to tow like a Banshee long ago).

I think that part of the prob was getting a ramp top launch and a crane for the masts. I was also told by a former FT10 owner that there was occasion that there were places that you just could not go with a 7.5 draft. These were the concerns that I had. If these were wrong... then my appoligies...

The regatta was the Mardi Gras that they have there.

#11 port tack

port tack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:40 PM

No worries, as I see it the big issue would be stepping mast with out a gin pole. Greg Rubin is chairing the regatta ask him to provide a crane for rigs and launching or I'll ask him if you would like. That time of year I don't think depth will be an issue. Heck we would love to have Tigers over here for LPRC in late Oct.

#12 hoofhearted

hoofhearted

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:40 PM

[]

Thanks for clarifying... I thought that by car it was 4 hours... so I added another hour for towing (I learned not to tow like a Banshee long ago).

I think that part of the prob was getting a ramp top launch and a crane for the masts. I was also told by a former FT10 owner that there was occasion that there were places that you just could not go with a 7.5 draft. These were the concerns that I had. If these were wrong... then my appoligies...

The regatta was the Mardi Gras that they have there.

Re: The regatta was the Mardi Gras that they have there.

If it is Mardi Gras, definatley do the research about lauching. Going to be very difficult lauching out of New Orleans Yacht Club (NOYC) if not impossible for an FT10 that weekend. There are some yards there that you might be able to make work for you. Or Southern YC (SYC) possibly, but not sure on that myself. The lake is shallow, but can accomodate 7.5 foot draft, just watch the chart and depth coming in and out of Municipal YAcht Harbor (MYC). Add that extra drive time too. I-10 is really rough from near slidell going tinto the city and the traffic is tight in places. From a friends quote "The Traffic Ain't Right For Drinkin"

#13 awesum

awesum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:28 AM

Today we found the perfect solution to missing a day of racing due to extreme wind conditions. Wind blowing off shore, steady 22 kts gusts to 29, (thxs Irene). 3 foot swell. Race was a club BOTY points race to a fixed buoy. As it worked out it was a beam reach with waves on beam as well. Short crew so we went jib only as did all boats. upwind 7.5 knts. downwind 9.3kts. If people are worried about breaking stuff this was a blast, got racing in and no ripped sails. Just a thought anyway.

#14 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:13 PM

Today we found the perfect solution to missing a day of racing due to extreme wind conditions. Wind blowing off shore, steady 22 kts gusts to 29, (thxs Irene). 3 foot swell. Race was a club BOTY points race to a fixed buoy. As it worked out it was a beam reach with waves on beam as well. Short crew so we went jib only as did all boats. upwind 7.5 knts. downwind 9.3kts. If people are worried about breaking stuff this was a blast, got racing in and no ripped sails. Just a thought anyway.

Amigo..

Last year we taught you the "Rebel Yell" while you were down south...

After reading the above... this year we're going to teach you to say... GIT-R -DONE! ;)

NICE JOB!

Doug

#15 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:06 PM

Hi guys!

Just wanted to get a head count on who is in for the Pensacola regattas this year.

Thanks!

Doug

Morning all!

Here is the info on the first of the series, the WFORC...

NOR

http://pensacolayach...R_WFORC2011.pdf

Registration

https://www.regattan...regatta_id=4524

Doug

#16 hoofhearted

hoofhearted

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

Hi guys!

Thanks!

Doug

Morning all!

Here is the info on the first of the series, the WFORC...

NOR

http://pensacolayach...R_WFORC2011.pdf

Registration

https://www.regattan...regatta_id=4524

Doug

Issue with NOR for WFORC. It is Three days of sailing. Racing starting Friday. Got a verified email from the PYC Fleet Captain:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 2:32 PM
To: craig@zzzzzzz.com
Cc: Jennifer; JohnMatthews@zzzzzzzzz.net
Subject: WFORC

Craig,
That was a cut-n-paste error. Caught it a couple of days ago, just taking some time to get up on the web site (end of the month). The goal is to get at least five races in, starting Friday.

John Buziak

PYC Fleet Captain

#17 StumbleNola

StumbleNola

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Um... Sailing

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

Hey guys,

I am sorry for getting to this thread a little late, but we would love to have you come join us for Mardi Gras Race Week!

To answer a few issues:

Timing - MGRW will be held Feb 22-26. Remember Mardi Gras Day is Feb 21 The first day is a registration day, the 23 is a practice/tune up race, and then three days of racing. I can't promise a number of races, but last year we were able to get off 10 races for most classes, some got more. And that was with 12:00pm starts, since most of the crews were a little hung over from the night before and begged RC not to have early starts. We plan on continuing this tradition.

Water depth - i am pretty sure we can accommodate your draft (my old boat had a 9' draft) either by launching at SYC which has made their dry storage cranes available to us, or at one of the yards less than 100 yards from the club. We are working on a package deal for stepping, un-stepping, launching and putting boats back on the trailer so it will be one reasonable price, assuming there is a problem with the yach club cranes.

Price- for a FT it would be $95 including a $50 discount for early registration. This includes entrance to all parties, on and off site, free beer in dry storage after the races, food every day. Pretty much everything except for bar tabs on Bourbon Street.

We are still working with some sponsors to get hotel room prices down so I can't promise anything yet, but it looks like MGRW will have a great hotel at a very reasonable price in the French Quarter. More details to follow. We are also working with a boat hauling company to get discounted rates on professional boat hauling. The goal is to try and make it cheaper to have a pro move your boat than do it yourself. Again more details will be following shortly.

If you have any questions or concerns get in touch with me, and I will be happy to work with you to encourage a FT class at MGRW.

Greg Rubin
MGRW Chairman
Greg@NOYC.org

#18 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:08 PM

Hi guys!

Thanks!

Doug

Hi guys!

I just got a note from the powers to be at PYC asking for us to please go ahead and sign up for the WFORC so they can get their plans in the works. I'll get Liberty signed up by sometime this afternoon!

Thanks!

Doug

#19 akaGP

akaGP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:11 AM

For coming election, I nominate Kent Picknell.

Our fleet deserves a Captain who will listen to the owners and be directed by their votes to vigorously represent Fleet 2 concerns.

I believe that Kent would make a good Fleet Captain. that is why I vote for him.

#20 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:20 AM

Our fleet deserves a Captain who will listen to the owners and be directed by their votes to vigorously represent Fleet 2 concerns.

I believe that Kent would make a good Fleet Captain. that is why I vote for him.

I second this nomination.

Doug

#21 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:18 PM

Great racing in Pensacola last weekend guys... ya missed one great regatta!

The Jubilee is Nov 12-13.

Looking at the next two after... the club has told me that the dates that work best for them are ...

Feb 04-05

and

Mar 02-04.

Working on getting the one in March a named event.

Doug

#22 akaGP

akaGP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:52 PM

Doug

When is Fleet #2 election scheduled?

I suggest that owners vote on an Election thread to be initiated on this forum.

#23 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:19 AM

Doug

Since you seem to be the one most interested in this election... I'll let you set it all up. The web vote is fine with me.

Doug

#24 River Sailor

River Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:49 PM

Looking at the next two after... the club has told me that the dates that work best for them are ...

Feb 04-05

and

Mar 02-04.

Doug

Any way to get the events moved out further in the month, february has been notoriously cold!

#25 Kmag

Kmag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Surfing, Snowboarding

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:04 PM

No Bad weather only bad gear!

#26 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:11 PM

Feb 04-05

and

Mar 02-04.

Doug

Any way to get the events moved out further in the month, february has been notoriously cold!

The prob is that the March date is pretty much set... so we'd lose boats because the events are so close together...

#27 akaGP

akaGP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:24 AM

Doug

Since you seem to be the one most interested in this election... I'll let you set it all up. The web vote is fine with me.

Doug

Since you don't seem to be interested in electing the Fleet Captain, lets not do it; that's the doooouglus way, isn't it.

#28 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:21 AM

Doug

Doug

Since you don't seem to be interested in electing the Fleet Captain, lets not do it; that's the doooouglus way, isn't it.

Sorry.. not going to take the bait...

Have a nice day.

Doug

#29 owlslick

owlslick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

the 2012 calandar has not been posted yet, but it follows a template

there is another weekend in February that is available (with race committee in place / scheduled), but that would gain us only a week closer to spring... we need to decide NOW as to which weekend we want...

March has several weekends to choose from if we want better spacing between dates... again we need to get it booked NOW... the problem with going deep into the month of March is some of the home clubs for a couple of Tigers have dates that would conflict with staying in Pensacola. The question becomes what is the last date in March that everyone can attend this year and still make it to their home events.

( all the snow birds must be laughing at us about looking for warmer weather in Florida )

so what dates to we want ???

#30 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

Hi guys...

The word is that there is more than one boat wanting to do Charleston Race Week. I know that they would like to have us...

Please chime in... if we have 5 boats we could get a OD fleet (I am pretty sure that they would be up for that).

Pluses... great place... well run... 7:1 woman to man ratio (and 6.7 of them are CUTE) .. usually good wind

Minuses ... logistic are tough ... expensive ... long motor/sail to race course (hour plus)

The regatta is usually mid-April.

Doug

#31 akaGP

akaGP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

There are already 3 Tigers in Chicago (one just purchased by a new Gung Ho owner) and there are at least 3 other Tigers within <300 miles, just like there were last year and the year before that.

However, regardless of how many commitments and promises were made to race in the Chicago NOOD Regatta, only one out of town Tiger showed up last year.

So instead of Charleston, why not schedule Chicago NOOD Regatta (3 days in June) and Verve Cup Regatta (3 days in August) as Fleet #2 events during 2012.

#32 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:42 PM

There are already 3 Tigers in Chicago (one just purchased by a new Gung Ho owner) and there are at least 3 other Tigers within <300 miles, just like there were last year and the year before that.

However, regardless of how many commitments and promises were made to race in the Chicago NOOD Regatta, only one out of town Tiger showed up last year.

So instead of Charleston, why not schedule Chicago NOOD Regatta (3 days in June) and Verve Cup Regatta (3 days in August) as Fleet #2 events during 2012.

George:

Why not try to do both Charleston and Chicago?

Doug

#33 killerwhale

killerwhale

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:18 AM

why not schedule Chicago NOOD Regatta (3 days in June) and Verve Cup Regatta (3 days in August) as Fleet #2 events during 2012.

Why? Seriously, it's obvious isn't it?

#34 akaGP

akaGP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

Congratulations to Tom Tatum and Dave Irwin, the owners of Maiden China and the crew who won the FT10 Class in the two day Jubilee Regatta at Pensacoalla Yacht Club held on November 12 & 13, 2011.

In what amounted to a two boat "match race" series, Maiden China from Dallas defeated Doug Kessler's Liberty from Atlanta in four out of five races.

#35 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

Congratulations to Tom Tatum and Dave Irwin, the owners of Maiden China and the crew who won the FT10 Class in the two day Jubilee Regatta at Pensacoalla Yacht Club held on November 12 & 13, 2011.

Maiden sailed some incredible races. They had Big'um back on the boat and they always seemed to have an extra gear. They really sailed very very well.

The one thing that we definitely learned (like we already did not know)... is that when there is any breeze at all... you better be at full weight. On Saturday (we saw a hight of 19... prob averaged 12-14) we were 200# lighter than they were. We absolutely could not hold a lane with them. On Sunday... we were 400# lighter than them. We went up on the rig and it helped. For he second race... we went up even more (to our 20-24 setting) and it seemed to even help more. Then... the breeze lightened up to less than 8 knots... and the extra 400# that they were toting around started to hurt them... particularly on the last down hill.

The match racing (pseudo) was FUN!!! The total net delta for the 5 races was less than 100'. Darn close almost all of the time. On Sat the Tripps started with us. They were very nice and stayed out of our way. I talked to one later that day and he said that the "Tigers looked like they were at war and that there was no way that they were going to get in the middle of that!". Tons of fun!!!

Someone asked my T why we lost. The simple answer was... the better team won! :-)

Doug

#36 TigerinCT

TigerinCT

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:29 AM

Maiden sailed some incredible races. They had Big'um back on the boat and they always seemed to have an extra gear. They really sailed very very well.

The one thing that we definitely learned (like we already did not know)... is that when there is any breeze at all... you better be at full weight. On Saturday (we saw a hight of 19... prob averaged 12-14) we were 200# lighter than they were. We absolutely could not hold a lane with them. On Sunday... we were 400# lighter than them. We went up on the rig and it helped. For he second race... we went up even more (to our 20-24 setting) and it seemed to even help more. Then... the breeze lightened up to less than 8 knots... and the extra 400# that they were toting around started to hurt them... particularly on the last down hill.

The match racing (pseudo) was FUN!!! The total net delta for the 5 races was less than 100'. Darn close almost all of the time. On Sat the Tripps started with us. They were very nice and stayed out of our way. I talked to one later that day and he said that the "Tigers looked like they were at war and that there was no way that they were going to get in the middle of that!". Tons of fun!!!

Someone asked my T why we lost. The simple answer was... the better team won! :-)

Doug

What's the status on March racing in Florida?

#37 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,992 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:35 AM

Doug

Is the cold finally getting to you?

#38 TigerinCT

TigerinCT

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:47 AM

Doug

Just put the optis away, and yes, the dark/cold bugs us all...

#39 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

Doug

Looks like a three day event the first weekend in March. Getting push back from the powers to be calling it "Nationals"... so it it will prob be the same ole 'East Coast Championships."

Doug

#40 StayinStrewn

StayinStrewn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, snowboarding, hockey

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:44 PM

Doug

Just put the optis away, and yes, the dark/cold bugs us all...

cold?? come on, its a balmy 50 today!!

#41 lar015

lar015

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:08 PM

If health of myself and crew allow Rush will come back this year for the March event.

#42 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:41 PM

If health of myself and crew allow Rush will come back this year for the March event.

Now Jeremy has competition on winning the party! :-)

Doug

#43 TigerinCT

TigerinCT

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:50 AM

Looks like a three day event the first weekend in March. Getting push back from the powers to be calling it "Nationals"... so it it will prob be the same ole 'East Coast Championships."

Doug

So if not Nationals, how about "East of the Sierra's Championship". Would that work?

#44 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,992 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:52 AM

Doug

So if not Nationals, how about "East of the Sierra's and West of Sydney Championship"? Would that work?

You thinking about going?

#45 port tack

port tack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:53 PM

Call it "The Redneck Rivera Galactic interstellar Championships"

#46 akaGP

akaGP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

Call it "The Redneck Rivera Galactic interstellar Championships"

Getting push back from the powers to be calling it "Nationals"
Doug

With 2.5 entries (based on average participation in the last two regattas), why is no one surprised.

#47 owlslick

owlslick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:11 PM

four Tigers are already in place in Pcola waiting for Feb and Mar events. Stuff happens, not all of us could make it for the fall events, but will be there for spring

March has a total 8 boats committed... as of now... need to check around... who knows, there are couple more previous attendees who could decide to come... I haven't talked to them yet about their interest... plus there are a couple of others that could decide to come... a total of 12 or more Tigers showing up is within the realm of happening

let's go with "FT 10 North American Championships" again... we have Canada represented... second annual ( what is this about... "push back from the powers".... "WE" are the powers and can call it anything we want...it is "OUR" event

#48 CazzaRanda

CazzaRanda

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:10 PM

can someone post the winter calendar? I'll get it on the website...

Thanks,
Cazza

#49 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:13 AM

four Tigers are already in place in Pcola waiting for Feb and Mar events. Stuff happens, not all of us could make it for the fall events, but will be there for spring

March has a total 8 boats committed... as of now... need to check around... who knows, there are couple more previous attendees who could decide to come... I haven't talked to them yet about their interest... plus there are a couple of others that could decide to come... a total of 12 or more Tigers showing up is within the realm of happening

let's go with "FT 10 North American Championships" again... we have Canada represented... second annual ( what is this about... "push back from the powers".... "WE" are the powers and can call it anything we want...it is "OUR" event

Owl:

Thanks for the input. I was trying to get a large event each year established on each coast... but the powers to be say that they do not want this. I pushed as much as I could... but do not think that the named event is going to happen.

The NA's HAVE to be on the left coast in '12... that was the deal that was stuck for us to get them in '11.

HOWEVER.. we do not have to get permission to name it anything other than the Nationals, North Americans, or Worlds. Intergalactic Championships and Universal Championships are wide slap open. I'm up for calling it either... or a version thereof.

I know of 5 boats for sure (well... as for sure as you can get in these economic times)... Maiden, Rush, Toy, Blurr, and Libert will be there. Having Q, Viper, the McMillan's on you know who's boat would be a plus. There are a couple of others that have expressed interest... but you really never know until it gets closer.

Maybe this will up the classes greatest supporter's average to 2.56 boats per regatta.

Doug

#50 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:19 AM

Doug

So if not Nationals, how about "East of the Sierra's Championship". Would that work?

Or... The Entire US Except the Left Coast Championship Regatta! :-)

Doug

#51 akaGP

akaGP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:29 AM

Owl:

Thanks for the input. I was trying to get a large event each year established on each coast... but the powers to be say that they do not want this. I pushed as much as I could... but do not think that the named event is going to happen.

The NA's HAVE to be on the left coast in '12... that was the deal that was stuck for us to get them in '11.

HOWEVER.. we do not have to get permission to name it anything other than the Nationals, North Americans, or Worlds. Intergalactic Championships and Universal Championships are wide slap open. I'm up for calling it either... or a version thereof.

I know of 5 boats for sure (well... as for sure as you can get in these economic times)... Maiden, Rush, Toy, Blurr, and Libert will be there. Having Q, Viper, the McMillan's on you know who's boat would be a plus. There are a couple of others that have expressed interest... but you really never know until it gets closer.

Maybe this will up the classes greatest supporter's average to 2.56 boats per regatta.

Doug

Doooouglus,

I fully support a one design class; a two design class and one cheater, not so much.

Spin your bullshit any way you like but these are the facts that you have neither acknowledged nor apologized for.

Using the Betts for two regattas, I have seen no performance differences with it. We still point the same... the boat is not faster.

doooouglus,

Thanks for reminding us that in the November 2010 Jubilee Regatta you raced with the Betts CF Rudder before the proposed rule change was on the ballot at the AGM in December 2010.

Since you continue on insisting that the Betts CF rudder makes no difference in performance, you won't refuse exchanging your rudder with one of the boats that uses an OEM rudder. May I suggest that you give your Betts CF rudder to the boys from Maid in China to use it in the 2011 North Americans Regatta.

If Maid in China owners don't want it, you can offer it to some of the others; by my count the majority of owners competing in the 2011 North Americans Regatta have chosen not to purchase the Betts CF rudder.

Don't bother offering your Betts CF rudder to me since I have decided to vote with my feet rather than race in this particular regatta which will feature a 4 design FT10 Class if some of the boats purchase Code Zeros to use in the random course long distance race scheduled for Saturday.

Let me know if and when you and the other members of the Executive Committee decide to start doing the right thing by at least equalizing the the difference in rudder weights.

The 15 owners who voted against rudder corrector weights have succeeded in hijacking the FT10 Class from 100+ owners and wagging the dog by the tail.

For those who have chosen to ignore it, let me remind them of sage sportsmanship advice from the sailing guru Paul Elvstroom who won 4 consecutive Olympic gold medals, 15 World Championships (in eight different classes), and 8 European Championships; "You have not won the race, if in winning the race you lost the respect of your competitors".

#52 owlslick

owlslick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

Owl:

Doug

8 Boats for March racing is a solid boat count... 35, 58, 71, 78 will be there to the boats already in place... as I mentioned there a few others that could join us...should they decide to surprise us..

The east coast FT 10 have enjoyed good racing over the years. We have tried Charleston, Lauderdale, Key West, St Pete to name a few. Pensacola Bay waters offer great sailing, in addition to being a convenient destination and affordable . Pensacola Yacht Club has been wonderful in allowing the FT 10 to make a winter home. Many many thanks to PYC.

Boat storage ( even with mast up ) at PYC is about as good as it gets

Good yard facilites for rigging and launching...DIY on club grounds or use commercial marina next door

Great group of club members that do the heavy lifting of putting on regattas.

Since the first time the FT 10 have met for one design racing, the number one thing that everyone has taken away is that everyone has found that the FT 10 had another gear previously not found while racing handicap in home waters. Phunny, but each year we have met for OD racing we (all) manage to find extra speed we didn;t know we had. Racing OD is more than just another regatta, it is fine tuning the boat for better performance that one cannot get while competing against the local 5 knot lead mines.

The FT have a February date that is a 2 day event. Great time to drag the boat down, rig it, and tune for the big competition in March. Two regattas, arrive in March and be in the water ready to race within 1 hour ( especially if running late ). Something to think about, split the towing and rigging and be able to do two regattas.... while the rest of the world in the snow belt is fighting the cold and snow up to their backsides.

#53 eerie sailor

eerie sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:21 PM

Call it the 'Ch'i 'hu nan hsia pei' regatta or "Tiger by the Tail regatta and be done with it.;)

Doug

Doug

#54 owlslick

owlslick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:58 PM

Call it the 'Ch'i 'hu nan hsia pei' regatta or "Tiger by the Tail regatta and be done with it.;)

Doug

Doug

I like it... are there any plans to bring the Tiger to Pcola... it would bring the number up to 9

#55 eerie sailor

eerie sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:59 AM

Currently no plans for Viper coming to Florida. Hopefully the cold and snow of Michigan will bring the owner to his senses!! I'm already cold and ready to head south.

#56 Trippin

Trippin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:02 PM

Have come up with a date in Feb? Some Tripps want to race with you in Pensacola.

#57 owlslick

owlslick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:11 AM

Have come up with a date in Feb? Some Tripps want to race with you in Pensacola.

PYC has not posted their 2012 calander yet, the FT are scheduled for the first weekend in Feb. 2-4 The template for their regatta schedule is pretty much set, it's only the actual "numbers " that change

PM me if you need a contact at the club, I can hook you up so you can make plans. The Tripps there would welcome some sailing lessons... :=)

#58 puffyjman

puffyjman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts
  • Interests:j-boats, growing jalapenos and other horticultural experiments, chocolate labs,(R.I.P. Dexter my friend) bitching and complaining

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:11 AM

PYC has not posted their 2012 calander yet, the FT are scheduled for the first weekend in Feb. 2-4 The template for their regatta schedule is pretty much set, it's only the actual "numbers " that change

PM me if you need a contact at the club, I can hook you up so you can make plans. The Tripps there would welcome some sailing lessons... :=)

The Tripp class could call that one the " 2012 Grabbing the Tiger by the Tail Tripp 26 SE Championship" :P

#59 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:03 PM

Yes... two day event in PNS the first weekend in February.

Doug

#60 owlslick

owlslick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:34 PM

The boat count goes up to 9 Flying Tiger 10 for East Coast Championships in March at Pensacola Yacht Club. I just got through speaking with the FT10 owner, he is planning ( if there is nothing to screw up his schedule ) on being there for the February date ( a 2 day event on the first week end of February ) and the championship weekend in March. Racing OD is exciting, I think this is the most FT10 for an east coast event... and there are a few other FT10 ( that have raced OD with us ) that could surprise us.

#61 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:19 PM

NOR for the Feb Regatta...

Looks like the March will continue to be the ECC's.

Doug

_________

NOTICE OF RACE

Intergalactic Keel Boat Roundup

Pensacola Yacht Club

Feb 4-5, 2011

MANAGEMENT AND RULES

This regatta will be sailed under the management of the PYC Race Committee and will be governed by the current Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) and the Class Rules of the invited classes, except as modified by notice.

CLASSES AND FEES

Only One Design spinnaker Classes will be sailed. Cost of the Regatta will be $90.00, which includes Florida and local sales taxes, with proof of US Sailing membership ($95 for skippers who are not members of USSailing). A late fee of $15.00 will be charged to any skipper who wants to register after the close of registration, Wednesday 1800 hrs., February 1,2011.

The invited classes are Flying Tiger 10, Tripp 26, Wavelength 24, Elliot 770, Viper 640 and Ultimate 20. Three boats will constitute a fleet. Fleets of less than five boats may have their starts combined with other classes, but they will only be scored against boats of their own class. The Race Committee Reserves the option of combining the starts of larger classes in order to get more races in.

Competitors shall register in advance by completing the Event Registration Form on the web at Registration Form: https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_registration_form.php?regatta_id=4767

SCHEDULE

February 4 0800-0900 Registration and Check-in

0900 Skippers Meeting.

1055 First Warning, additional races to follow.

February 5 0955 First Warning, additional races to follow.

One race will constitute a regatta. However, three races are anticipated on Saturday, February 4, and two races are anticipated on Sunday, February 5. No race will be started after 1 pm on Sunday. Trophies will be awarded shortly after racing concludes on Sunday, February 5.

SCORING

The Low Point Scoring System, Appendix A2 (RRS) will apply.

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT

PYC Fleet Captain, John Buziak Phone: 840-457-4142 or email: buziakj@cpmechanics.com<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

The City of Pensacola offers a wide selection of motels available many of which are within 5 to 10 minute drive to the Club. .

The types of accommodations available are as follows along with approximate typical room rates for standard rooms with two double beds:

Crowne Plaza (Downtown) $139 to $149

Marriott Residence Inn $139 (Bedroom suite)

Comfort Inn $89

Suburban Lodge $85

Ashton Suites $80

Hampton Inn $90

Holiday Inn Express $90

#62 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:51 PM

Hi guys:

Just a heads up...

PYC is saying that they need to change the ECC's in March from a three day event to a two day event.

The way that I see it is...

1. Accept it as a two day event....

or

2. Move the ECC's to another venue that will allow us to have a three day event.

I have appealed to them that this event has always been (at least as long as I have been involved with the class) a three day event. I am not real sure how far this appeal will go... but it has been made.

Please let me know your comments.

Doug

#63 puffyjman

puffyjman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts
  • Interests:j-boats, growing jalapenos and other horticultural experiments, chocolate labs,(R.I.P. Dexter my friend) bitching and complaining

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:00 AM

$90 enrty fee :blink:
I guess it is the "intergalatic" championship.
Do we a least get a pitcher of Bushwackers with that. lol

#64 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:46 PM

$90 enrty fee :blink:
I guess it is the "intergalatic" championship.
Do we a least get a pitcher of Bushwackers with that. lol

Yea... I was kinda shocked at the fee... these two day regattas are usually less than 50. They may have some plans that I have not heard about like munchies after raing...etc...

Doug

#65 owlslick

owlslick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:11 PM

all that means that the club scheduled RC to do 2 days only....

if we want to add Friday ( a 3rd day of racing ), we need to organize our own RC for that day, that has been the understanding all along. The club provides the basic frame work with their posted schedule... we can have as much as we want...as long as we do it ourselves...

#66 akaGP

akaGP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:20 PM

PYC is a great venue; their members are cool and the staff is fantastic.

So what if increasing the $90 entry fee gets the FT10 Fleet a few more races on Friday.

#67 port tack

port tack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:27 PM

PYC usually puts out some nice food for regatta's and does a pretty fair job with Trophies as well. That may be the reason for extra cost. The on going economic climate has not helped memembership of clubs on the Gulf coast I am sure they are just looking at covering their cost.

#68 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

PYC is a great venue; their members are cool and the staff is fantastic.

So what if increasing the $90 entry fee gets the FT10 Fleet a few more races on Friday.

I agree on the PYC comment.. they are always a class act.

Just to be clear... the $90 is for the Intergalactic Keel Boat Championship the first weekend in Feb (2 day event). The price has not been listed yet for the ECC's in March... which is still scheduled to be a 2 day event as of right now.

Building on Ivar's suggestion... let's look at getting a vote from the boats that are confirmed to be there for the ECC's... if they want to race Friday as well... I am pretty sure that we'll find a way to do it.

Doug

#69 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

Hi guys!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Just wanted to give you the latest...

Hal Smith has agreed to be our PRO for the ECC's in March. Hal is a GREAT PRO and we are very lucky to have him there for us.

Also, it looks like we have been able to add racing on Friday. So now it will be a three day event. The plan is on Friday to EITHER have a round the bay race OR, weather permitting, a Sea Buoy race. Sat and Sun will be standard WL's.

The NOR should be out soon... will forward the link as soon as it is avail.

Doug

#70 awesum

awesum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:34 AM

YEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWW. I'll be there with bells on, maybe shorts too, you never know. Spent the christmas break in Orlando and when we flew home last wednesday it was -1celsius, or really friggin cold. You just never know what the weather will be in march so I will bring extra hats, mitts, booties, and a box of big girl panties to pass out the guys who say its too cold or too windy to sail. Posted Image

#71 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

YEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWW. I'll be there with bells on, maybe shorts too, you never know. Spent the christmas break in Orlando and when we flew home last wednesday it was -1celsius, or really friggin cold. You just never know what the weather will be in march so I will bring extra hats, mitts, booties, and a box of big girl panties to pass out the guys who say its too cold or too windy to sail. Posted Image

OUCH! :lol:

Love you too amigo! :D Looking forward to seeing you all again!

Doug

#72 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

Hi guys!

Just a heads up...

I've asked the FC to list the Feb regatta on their web site and also asked him to post an entry link so we can start signing up.

I've also asked him to list the ECC's for the first weekend in March. This event is ON!!!

See you on the line!

Doug

#73 SouthernJ

SouthernJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:36 AM

Any Tigers need a crew member for the Feb race? I haven't been on a boat in nearly 7 months and I'm having serious withdrawl! Most of you know me, the chick on 007 and you know I'll work my butt of for ya! Plus I don't drink much, so more bushwackers for yall.

#74 River Sailor

River Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:03 AM

Hi guys!

Just a heads up...

I've asked the FC to list the Feb regatta on their web site and also asked him to post an entry link so we can start signing up.

I've also asked him to list the ECC's for the first weekend in March. This event is ON!!!

See you on the line!

Doug

Thanks for the clarification, Toy Tiger will be at both events!

#75 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

Hi guys!

The registration for the Feb event is finally on line! :-)

https://pensacolayac...fm?tourid=99771

The ECC's are now listed and the registration should be up for them soon as well.

See you on the line!

Doug

#76 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

Hi guys!

Just a reminder... the registration is online for both the Feb and Mar regattas. I think that the Feb Deadline is next Tue (if I remember correctly).

PYC has asked that you sign up ASAP... you do not have to pay at registration... you can pay when you get to the club. They just need to have some idea of how many boats will be there for their planning purposes.

Thanks!

Doug

#77 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

Hi Guys...

NOR has been posted on the PYC website for the ECC's.

http://pensacolayach...fm?tourid=99771

Doug

#78 Tiger 20

Tiger 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

Hi Guys...

Doug

Where the hell do I get a Valid Measurement Certificate from?

#79 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

Hi Guys...

Doug

Buy me a pitcher of Bushwackers... and I'll help ya with that! :D

Doug

(There is really none required... just standard NOR stuff...)

#80 lar015

lar015

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

Looking ahead Rush would like to do the Dogwood Regatta at the end of March on Lake Lanier. How would that work out? Still have to drag the boat back to Cleveland but it would break up the trip a little. Any details on this regatta and whether or not I could leave the boat somewhere for the few weeks between Pensacola ECC and the regatta on Lake Lanier. You can email me at l.a.rush@csuohio.edu

#81 Tiger 20

Tiger 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

Hi Guys...

Doug

Doug

SOB :P Hell you should have to buy me one.Phew I was wondering how the hell I was going to get one before the regatta.
Looking forward to it. What boats are coming. See only 5 signed up so far.

#82 JSR11

JSR11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:One Design Sailing

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

Working hard to get George P down here. 90% as of today. Thought ya'll could use a little shaking up from Da George. That should give us at least seven boats.

#83 port tack

port tack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

Is QMN coming?

#84 Fishwater

Fishwater

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

Is QMN coming?

Don't think so. Doctors orders is what I heard.

#85 Tiger 20

Tiger 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

Working hard to get George P down here. 90% as of today. Thought ya'll could use a little shaking up from Da George. That should give us at least seven boats.

Love to see George down here.Hard to shake things up when you are at the back of the fleet: :unsure:

#86 Tiger 20

Tiger 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:51 AM

Is QMN coming?

Don't think so. Doctors orders is what I heard.

Boat can still come . Let the kids sail it.
:D

#87 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

Looking ahead Rush would like to do the Dogwood Regatta at the end of March on Lake Lanier. How would that work out? Still have to drag the boat back to Cleveland but it would break up the trip a little. Any details on this regatta and whether or not I could leave the boat somewhere for the few weeks between Pensacola ECC and the regatta on Lake Lanier. You can email me at l.a.rush@csuohio.edu

Yes... we can work out storage (free) and you can launch at the club for free. We only have a ramp... which is actually a good thing since everything will have been in salt water before.

I cannot guarantee big wind... but I will tell you that I have seen the strongest winds of the year at other Dogwoods. Last year it was blowing so hard that that we we got hit by a bigger puff... we actually subed the boat! We had 8+" of water coming over the companionway. EPIC!!!

We have three on the lake... so any others are definitely welcome!

Here is the link to the NOR..

http://aiscracing.co...Dogwood_nor.pdf

Also... here is the link to the sponsoring club...

http://aiscracing.co...g/tandemserver/

Doug

#88 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

Hi Guys...

Doug

Doug

SOB :P Hell you should have to buy me one.Phew I was wondering how the hell I was going to get one before the regatta.

Tiger:

As the SE Gov... I hereby decree that new attendee's must buy all past participating crews a pitcher of Bushwackers.

Spread the love! :D

Doug

#89 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

Hi Guys...

Doug

Doug

We now have 6 total...

Hopefully we can twist Q's arm to get him there with his kids (good sailors!).

If I can think of something creative to say about George... we may have 8. ;)

Doug

#90 SouthernJ

SouthernJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

Come on George!!! You can do it! Besides, I haven't checked on your boat like you asked me to...

#91 Tiger 20

Tiger 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:47 AM

Come on George!!! You can do it! Besides, I haven't checked on your boat like you asked me to...

Yea George,
Come on down. Get warm for a few days. :P

#92 awesum

awesum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

Hi Guys...

Doug

Doug

Tiger:

As the SE Gov... I hereby decree that new attendee's must buy all past participating crews a pitcher of Bushwackers.

Spread the love! :D

Doug

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmm, BUSHWACKERS. With double floaters of coursePosted Image

#93 Tiger 20

Tiger 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

You guys are making me think :o I should leave my boat at home and just come and drink bushwackers for 3 days:P :P

#94 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

You guys are making me think :o I should leave my boat at home and just come and drink bushwackers for 3 days:P :P

You'll get the best of both there... 3 days of sailing AND 3 days of Bushwackers! :-)

Doug

#95 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:31 PM

Hi guys!

Just wanting a little input...

Did y'all like the dinners that we had last year for the NA's? If so... I'll try to organize something again.

I don't know if we can pull off a Crayfish boil again... but I am sure that we could meet somewhere and have a great time.

Just let me know what y'all think!

Doug

#96 Tiger 20

Tiger 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:40 AM

Hi guys!

Did y'all like the dinners that we had last year for the NA's? If so... I'll try to organize something again.

I don't know if we can pull off a Crayfish boil again... but I am sure that we could meet somewhere and have a great time.

Doug

Wasn't there last year but I'm up for meeting somewhere. Will have a good time no matter where. :D :D

#97 Tiger 20

Tiger 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:33 PM

Hi guys!

Doug

Wasn't there last year but I'm up for meeting somewhere. Will have a good time no matter where. :D :D

Looks like it just you and me Doug and maybe our crews..
Boats as ready as its going to be . Getting on the road wed. Crew getting there thursday-- Hopefully a practice thur pm. .
See ya there:unsure:

#98 doooouglus

doooouglus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

Hi guys!

Doug .

Boats as ready as its going to be . Getting on the road wed. Crew getting there thursday-- Hopefully a practice thur pm. .

We'll be there on Thur afternoon... putting the boat in. I don't think that the crew can get there in time for practice. You can dock your boat at PYC for free. I can be a little trick (depth and exposure). We are going to take the boat over to Palafox pier for the weekend. The charge about $30 a night and it is VERY PROTECTED!!!

Doug

#99 awesum

awesum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

Some of the Blurrr crew should be in Wed night. The rest thurs morning. In the water for a spin and over to Palafox for the weekend. I think Erika said something about me not being allowed back to do keg stands at her house, but its always a bit blurry in Pensecola. I think we will hit McGuires on thursday night, but we are open fri and sat.

Posted Image

#100 Tiger 20

Tiger 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

Hi guys!

Doug .

We'll be there on Thur afternoon... putting the boat in. I don't think that the crew can get there in time for practice. You can dock your boat at PYC for free. I can be a little trick (depth and exposure). We are going to take the boat over to Palafox pier for the weekend. The charge about $30 a night and it is VERY PROTECTED!!!

Doug

Yep.
Got a slip at the Palafox too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users