5 replies to this topic

#1 Kapt'n Kirk

Kapt'n Kirk

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:02 PM

Another WIRW in the books and thanks to all the boats in P1 for a great week of level racing. Things were extremely close this year, you could never relax or you'd be passed quickly. Great time on and off the water and I hope we see the Tigers back in numbers next year!

#2 dolphinmaster

dolphinmaster

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:32 PM

Another WIRW in the books and thanks to all the boats in P1 for a great week of level racing. Things were extremely close this year, you could never relax or you'd be passed quickly. Great time on and off the water and I hope we see the Tigers back in numbers next year!

Anything to report about the boats, conditions, tactical excellence, windshifts, pure "boats" speed from Bob the maestro etc?

R

#3 Kapt'n Kirk

Kapt'n Kirk

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:30 AM

Anything to report about the boats, conditions, tactical excellence, windshifts, pure "boats" speed from Bob the maestro etc?

R

R,
We saw everything from 4-22 knts of breeze in flat water conditions. Penn Cove offers "staduim racing" with lots of current and wind shifts while we sailed against one other Tiger, 2 Farr 30's, 1 Hendo and a J 90. All boats seem to have similar speed with the Tigers but we had a little more point in 8-10. It was very educational sailing downhill with the Farrs as they just poled back and pointed at the mark when ever the breeze was up. Made us very attentive to our angles and boat speed. Tuesday was the big breeze day and my main trimmer work his ass off up hill. We managed to hold our own with the others even though it's not our ideal conditions.

#4 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,967 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:56 AM

I was watching. Thanks you guys. But I always thought you could do it. I trust the boat.

Kind of sorry I wasn't there for any of the toga type parties but I'm not at my best in a toga.
I'd have to drink a lot.

I think I actually could do that. It may not be pretty.

Thanks for making the boat go.

#5 dolphinmaster

dolphinmaster

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:04 AM

[quote name='Kapt'n Kirk' timestamp='1311640230' post='3344452']
[quote name='dolphinmaster' timestamp='1311633142' post='3344309']
[quote name='Kapt'n Kirk' timestamp='1311627724' post='3344211']
[/quote]

R
[/quote]

R,
We saw everything from 4-22 knts of breeze in flat water conditions. Penn Cove offers "staduim racing" with lots of current and wind shifts while we sailed against one other Tiger, 2 Farr 30's, 1 Hendo and a J 90. All boats seem to have similar speed with the Tigers but we had a little more point in 8-10. It was very educational sailing downhill with the Farrs as they just poled back and pointed at the mark when ever the breeze was up. Made us very attentive to our angles and boat speed. Tuesday was the big breeze day and my main trimmer work his ass off up hill. We managed to hold our own with the others even though it's not our ideal conditions.
[/quote]

Thanks KK

[quote name='Kapt'n Kirk' timestamp='1311640230' post='3344452']
[quote name='dolphinmaster' timestamp='1311633142' post='3344309']
[quote name='Kapt'n Kirk' timestamp='1311627724' post='3344211']
[/quote]

R
[/quote]

R,
[/quote]

Thanks KK

#6 windwagon

windwagon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:54 AM

It was a great week- some very well sailed boats- Kirks was best. When we made mistakes we paid instantly.

We played with our rig tensions more than usual- and really enjoyed feeling the boat respond accordingly. Tues as the wind was blowing dogs off chains we were going upwind w/ great speed and point- unfortunately my 4 year old jib halyard snapped at the sheave on the tail end of our first beat. Thinking about replacing the single sheave with a double and going up a size. No, the jib was not oem.

I think people could tell we were having a blast in our boats- hope more Togers join us next time.

Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users