<h3>America's Cup Uncovered - Opening
Posted on 28 July 2011
A global first, the new weekly magazine program America’s Cup Uncovered is designed to connect viewers with the people, places and stories that are the backbone of the America’s Cup. Featuring behind-the-scenes sneak-peeks, athlete profiles and up-close action on and off the water, America’s Cup Uncovered will take an in-depth look at the 34th edition over the next two years, offering an exclusive window into one of the most prestigious events in sport.
With more than 90 weekly programs planned, the first episode will feature a variety of segments that will set the stage for future America’s Cup Uncovered episodes:
- The show begins with a focus on the complete reinvention of the America’s Cup, as the sport drives towards the future.
- Viewers will be introduced to the new home of the America’s Cup - San Francisco - and how the natural amphitheater of the San Francisco Bay is setting the stage for the Cup’s transformation.
- Up close and personal with James Spithill (Australia) of ORACLE Racing, the youngest skipper to ever win the Cup, and what a typical “day at the office” entails, with eyes always set on defending his team’s win.
- A preview of Cascais, the site of the inaugural America’s Cup World Series, which is the new professional circuit bringing the America’s Cup experience to port cities around the globe.
- And finally, a visit to the past, with a visit to Auckland, New Zealand, where locals recall their Cup experience and how the oldest trophy in international sport helped rebuild and modernize their city’s waterfront.
Each episode is available online for seven days, until the next episode is aired each Saturday, and from select international broadcasters, including:
Hong Kong - PCCW
UK - BSkyB
Spain - Mediaset
Portugal - TVI
LATAM - ESPN Sur
USA - ComCast Sports Network
South Africa - Supersport
New Zealand - TVNZ
By the way, that will be lame if you only get broadcast coverage if you are using ComCast, but at least we have the on-line offering.