TEBOW DEMOTED TO 3RD STRING

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2879 replies to this topic

#2801 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,548 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

Great, now i am back to worrying about the Bills making another bad decision and the Bills love making bad decisions. No offer on Alex Smith was amazing, just as an example of the nonsense out of the Buffalo front office.

Reality is, if the Bills don't take him, he really is done. No team needs a QB more right now.

How they ever let Bill Polian get away to the Colts, after building a team that went to four straight Super Bowls is beyond me.  That was a blunder that will haunt the team for decades.  

The Bills should have a look at Jamarcus Russell.  Lots of upside there....  If they really want to roll the dice, Matt Leinart is well rested too.  

Tebow?  He would put people in the stands in Jacksonville, which lists four quarterbacks on its roster already.  Blaine Gabbert?  Please.  Chad Henne?  Ha ha ha. As a Dolphins fan, I feel for Jags fans when I see Henne under center.  He is like Murphy's Law in a uniform.  Ricky Stanzi?  There's a solution.  Denard Robinson?  That proves that the Jags are willing to take flyers on players from other positions who call themselves quarterbacks.  He's probably done, but if Tebow gets another chance, I suspect it will be in Jax.  

#2802 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,617 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

Tebow?  He would put people in the stands in Jacksonville, which lists four quarterbacks on its roster already.  Blaine Gabbert?  Please.  Chad Henne?  Ha ha ha. As a Dolphins fan, I feel for Jags fans when I see Henne under center.  He is like Murphy's Law in a uniform.  Ricky Stanzi?  There's a solution.  Denard Robinson?  That proves that the Jags are willing to take flyers on players from other positions who call themselves quarterbacks.  He's probably done, but if Tebow gets another chance, I suspect it will be in Jax.  

Jax was clear about not wanting him after the jets released him. Their qb situation was about as bad then. I don't know what Tebow would have done in NE to change their mind.

#2803 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,548 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

Jax was clear about not wanting him after the jets released him. Their qb situation was about as bad then. I don't know what Tebow would have done in NE to change their mind.

I remember that, but now they've had four more preseason games to watch Henne and contemplate ways to make the quantum leap to mediocrity.  Before Tebow signed with NE, one of the local ambulance chasers was running ads on the radio, lobbying for the Jags to sign him.  Pretty funny, really.  

#2804 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,617 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

I remember that, but now they've had four more preseason games to watch Henne and contemplate ways to make the quantum leap to mediocrity.  Before Tebow signed with NE, one of the local ambulance chasers was running ads on the radio, lobbying for the Jags to sign him.  Pretty funny, really.  

if jags want a Miami qb with a chance of helping them I would trade for Moore. same goes for the bills. I don't know how much it would take to get Miami to let him go but it can't be that high. front office and coach are pinning their hopes on tannehill and are impressed enough with devlin to keep him on the roster.

both the bills and the jags have other major issues but worse qb's than Moore have led teams to the playoffs. or at least managed to hang on to the reins while the defenses dragged the team into the playoffs.

#2805 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,548 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

if jags want a Miami qb with a chance of helping them I would trade for Moore. same goes for the bills. I don't know how much it would take to get Miami to let him go but it can't be that high. front office and coach are pinning their hopes on tannehill and are impressed enough with devlin to keep him on the roster.

both the bills and the jags have other major issues but worse qb's than Moore have led teams to the playoffs. or at least managed to hang on to the reins while the defenses dragged the team into the playoffs.

Agreed.  I think Moore is a good bit better than Tannehill at this point, but they have committed to the kid.  I suspect it would have to be the deal of a lifetime to pry Moore out of Ireland's hands.  He is a nice, experienced, insurance policy.  Perhaps a good tight end would get attention.  Losing Keller (the week after Dallas Clark signed with the Ravens) really hurt.  

On the other hand, one never knows what to expect out of Ireland.  They dumped FB Javorski Lane, who they spent a couple of years grooming, in favor of a guy who they cut yesterday, then went and signed a FB waived by the Texans.  This could be Ireland's last year...and the last of the ties to the Parcells era.   

#2806 silent bob

silent bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

Poor Timmy.  BG must be crushed.

Before I put him on Ignore, he used to hold forth about Timmy's HOF career.

Maybe he should amend that to read "IHOP career".

Maybe Timmy can become a priest, then he can molest little boys (like the Lizard dreams about)!

#2807 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,548 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

Maybe Timmy can become a priest, then he can molest little boys (like the Lizard dreams about)!

Some folks never learn.

#2808 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,033 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

Agreed.  I think Moore is a good bit better than Tannehill at this point, but they have committed to the kid.  I suspect it would have to be the deal of a lifetime to pry Moore out of Ireland's hands.  He is a nice, experienced, insurance policy.  Perhaps a good tight end would get attention.  Losing Keller (the week after Dallas Clark signed with the Ravens) really hurt.  

On the other hand, one never knows what to expect out of Ireland.  They dumped FB Javorski Lane, who they spent a couple of years grooming, in favor of a guy who they cut yesterday, then went and signed a FB waived by the Texans.  This could be Ireland's last year...and the last of the ties to the Parcells era.   

The Raiders accomplished something in their last exibition game they didn't manage to do once all last year, stop the run, so Seattle had to throw a bunch. They let go of the QB that carved them up, Brady Quinn.

He's got to be way in front of Tebow on the waiver list. 

Edit: 

Oops..Jets signed Quinn...nevermind....

#2809 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

Captured and reported enjoy your time out.

#2810 isma

isma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:02 AM

BG,

I worship at your throne of football knowledge.  How you can see something that everyone in the NFL has missed is a testimonial to your skill  You are a master amongst peons.

I think Tebow being dropped by the Pats and the NFL is a blessing in disguise, and if it is, it is very well disguised (apologies to Winston Churchill). 

Don't you have a date tonight with a tube sock?

#2811 hard aground

hard aground

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,641 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

Great, now i am back to worrying about the Bills making another bad decision and the Bills love making bad decisions. No offer on Alex Smith was amazing, just as an example of the nonsense out of the Buffalo front office.

Reality is, if the Bills don't take him, he really is done. No team needs a QB more right now.

Let's not forget the Raiders.

#2812 No. 6

No. 6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,444 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

Well I hate to rain on anyone's "Tebow is done" parade, but Belichick has come out and said he might re-sign Timmy at some point this season.
I know how greatly this will please my Patriots' fan friends.

#2813 Point Break

Point Break

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,096 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:49 AM

Tebow should give up the QB thing now and switch to OL or FB.

#2814 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,617 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:06 AM

Well I hate to rain on anyone's "Tebow is done" parade, but Belichick has come out and said he might re-sign Timmy at some point this season.I know how greatly this will please my Patriots' fan friends.

Belichick is nothing if not open and honest when discussing his upcoming plans. Bill saying he might resign him is as likely an attempt to get some other team to waste a roster spot on him as it is an indication that Tebow might be a patriot again.

do you think Belichick figures sitting around for a month or two is going to make Tebow a BETTER quarterback?

#2815 Tax Man

Tax Man

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

Montreal not interested.

#2816 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,517 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

I can still envision a scenario where Timmy is an NFL QB.  It does require some creative thinking along the lines of the starting and backup QBs in the NFL take a charter flight to Guantanamera and the plane has to ditch on an uncharted island where they are marooned for several years giving Timmy a window to practice and learn how to read. 

#2817 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

Montreal not interested.

he might fit in to the shit show that is the winnipeg blue bombers

#2818 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,617 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

Montreal not interested.

everyone wants to remove themselves from tebow speculation as fast as possible.

who owns his arena football rights? his lingerie football rights?

#2819 No. 6

No. 6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,444 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

Well I hate to rain on anyone's "Tebow is done" parade, but Belichick has come out and said he might re-sign Timmy at some point this season.I know how greatly this will please my Patriots' fan friends.

Belichick is nothing if not open and honest when discussing his upcoming plans. Bill saying he might resign him is as likely an attempt to get some other team to waste a roster spot on him as it is an indication that Tebow might be a patriot again.

do you think Belichick figures sitting around for a month or two is going to make Tebow a BETTER quarterback?

Stop this right now. You are taking all the fun out of tweaking my Pat Fan friends (you know who you are).

#2820 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,433 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

Where does it say MLB,  or any other sport, can not attract players out of state school systems?

Careful. Piss off the hall monitor and you will need a new screen name buddy.

Shit in Scot's Wheaties and you know he'll flick you for it, you know it's his sandbox.  Stop being such a whiny bitch, you KNOW you've never gotten so much as an official scolding for all the offensive shit you've said about me.

#2821 hard aground

hard aground

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,641 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

Montreal not interested.

he might fit in to the shit show that is the winnipeg blue bombers

except montreal has his cfl rights

#2822 Clove Hitch

Clove Hitch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,797 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

I'd like to hear where Gator thinks Tebow will end up.  That dude has a unique appreciation for the virgin turbo-christian's skills and might see an opportunity the rest of us are missing.   What do you reckon, Gator?

#2823 Bus Driver

Bus Driver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,725 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

I'd like to hear where Gator thinks Tebow will end up.  That dude has a unique appreciation for the virgin turbo-christian's skills and might see an opportunity the rest of us are missing.   What do you reckon, Gator?

Isn't that like summoning Beetlejuice?

#2824 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,033 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

I think he's blown it. The lack of improvement at this position has sealed his fate. NFL = "not for long". 

He could certainly hire a personal coach and devote this year to improving, but he will not get more than league minimum and doodly squat for a signing bonus. He's already pocketed the lions share of cash he can reasonably expect to get. The sooner he gets to work on his career, the better. 

#2825 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

A league of his own - ala usfl. Most owners in the NFL are devil worshipers and they will never let Tebow take the helm of their teams.

#2826 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:10 AM

Ultimately Tebow will probably be a us senator which is troubling.

#2827 Timo42

Timo42

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,391 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:14 AM

I think he's blown it. The lack of improvement at this position has sealed his fate. NFL = "not for long". 

He could certainly hire a personal coach and devote this year to improving, but he will not get more than league minimum and doodly squat for a signing bonus. He's already pocketed the lions share of cash he can reasonably expect to get. The sooner he gets to work on his next career, the better. 

Fixted.

I'm thinking televangelist, the sleazy kind that rolls around in a Benz paid for with prayer offerings.

#2828 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,106 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:14 AM

Where does it say MLB,  or any other sport, can not attract players out of state school systems?

Careful. Piss off the hall monitor and you will need a new screen name buddy.

not to worry 

he's scraping teh bottom of a HR 50'er with a toothbrush

All's kool while the Kat is  Busy  Away

#2829 Clove Hitch

Clove Hitch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,797 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

A league of his own - ala usfl. Most owners in the NFL are devil worshipers and they will never let Tebow take the helm of their teams.

yikes.  if you've given up on him, he's certainly done. maybe he'll defy the ban on travel to N. Sentinel Island and try to convert the heathens.

600px-North_Sentinel_Island.jpg

#2830 Bus Driver

Bus Driver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,725 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

Gotta love headline like this -

One thing to know: Tim Tebow is done in the NFL … for now

http://sports.yahoo....ocid.yahoo.html

#2831 bikerrew

bikerrew

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

Someone put a Tebow bumper sticker on my truck.......Now it won't start.

#2832 Bus Driver

Bus Driver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,725 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

Someone put a Tebow bumper sticker on my truck.......Now it won't start.

zno9c7.gif

#2833 Bus Driver

Bus Driver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,725 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

I figure Timmy will be watching real NFL players, playing actual NFL games, on TV.  

Like the rest of us.

#2834 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,617 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

I figure Timmy will be watching real NFL players, playing actual NFL games, on TV.  

Like the rest of us.

kind of the Jets to spend last year easing him into this role.

#2835 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:14 AM

Like the rest of us.

kind of the Jets to spend last year easing him into this role.

mariah-carey-clapping.gif

#2836 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,106 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

Tebow has yet to be picked up by the chargers

so still has a long way to fail / fall

#2837 Tax Man

Tax Man

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

Do you suppose he sits on his couch with a clipboard, dreaming of sitting on the bench with a clipboard?

#2838 slap

slap

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

After last night I doubt if there are many Broncos fans wishing that Tebow was back.

#2839 Bus Driver

Bus Driver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,725 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

Being determined is different than being stubborn.

http://sports.yahoo....09622--nfl.html

#2840 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

Timmy and Manti would make a lovely couple.

#2841 Raz'r

Raz'r

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,664 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

Being determined is different than being stubborn.

http://sports.yahoo....09622--nfl.html

I guess someone has figured they've made enough money, and been hit in the head enough times already.  I won't do it unless I'm the QB!  Another way to say "I quit"

#2842 silent bob

silent bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:16 AM

Timmy and Manti would make a lovely couple.

But who would catfish who?

#2843 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,106 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:23 AM

Tebow > chargers

FYI looking for new word as SUCKING no longer cuts it

Suck-gestions Anyone ???

#2844 Bus Driver

Bus Driver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,725 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

Timmy to Jacksonville?

http://sports.yahoo....38944--nfl.html

Or, Timmy to LA?

http://www.latimes.c...y#axzz2eVtjPaSK

#2845 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

Tebow > chargers

Suck-gestions Anyone ???

http://deadspin.com/...gers-1155533770

#2846 hobot

hobot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,406 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:20 AM

Tebow > chargers

Suck-gestions Anyone ???

Holy Hell, the comments section alone is a great read.

#2847 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,106 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

Tebow > chargers

Suck-gestions Anyone ???

that's way too kind 

#2848 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

Tebow > chargers

Suck-gestions Anyone ???

No kidding - my favorite was the one about Rivers looking like a french-fry tossed into a seagull pit.  Classic.

#2849 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

Tebow > chargers

Suck-gestions Anyone ???

Those are the best part. You should read the ones from the Redskins and the Cowboys. Had me crying.

http://deadspin.com/...kins-1257835174

http://deadspin.com/...boys-1263538485

#2850 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

"By the way, San Diego has the nicest weather on Earth, and yet no one lives there. And this is because it sucks. It's the Tampa of California. Half of its population consists of Navy plebes who will accuse you of being gay within seven seconds of you walking into a local tavern. The rest of the city is populated by bodybuilders and dental hygienists. You have to work hard to make a town this lovely this uninhabitable."   ^_^

#2851 hobot

hobot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,406 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Tebow > chargers

Suck-gestions Anyone ???

Those are the best part. You should read the ones from the Redskins and the Cowboys. Had me crying.

http://deadspin.com/...kins-1257835174

Get a clue. Get the joke. Stop being butthurt.

I gotta save the Cowboys one for later, the first ones killing me!

#2852 Bus Driver

Bus Driver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,725 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

2dllqg1.jpg

#2853 silent bob

silent bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:22 AM

2dllqg1.jpg

Eating Cheetos and watching porno flicks!

#2854 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,106 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

"By the way, San Diego has the nicest weather on Earth, and yet no one lives there. And this is because it sucks. It's the Tampa of California. Half of its population consists of Navy plebes who will accuse you of being gay within seven seconds of you walking into a local tavern. The rest of the city is populated by bodybuilders and dental hygienists. You have to work hard to make a town this lovely this uninhabitable."   ^_^

Pretty much what I been sayin

at least the part about it SUCKING here

It's so crowed here NoOne lives here any more

But you can come visit for a while Mid-Winter and get a Tan (But ya gutta Go Home)

#2855 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,517 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

So the Broncos have somehow managed to win 13 straight regular season games w/o Tebow.  Weird. 

#2856 Bus Driver

Bus Driver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,725 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

So the Broncos have somehow managed to win 13 straight regular season games w/o Tebow.  Weird. 

God must not be a Tebow fan.

#2857 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,433 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

Must be all those crappy receivers that Tebow had.

#2858 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,433 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

2dllqg1.jpg

Eating Cheetos and watching porno flicks!

Only appropriate godly porn.  And calling the number below.

#2859 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,517 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

What if they had a rally and nobody came?  I have no idea which one is our lizard boy.....Mullet boy on the right? 

AP-Tebow-Rally-Football.jpg

#2860 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,548 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

Must be all those crappy receivers that Tebow had.

How many of them were there when Tebow was there?  Certainly not Welker.  The Jags should sign Tebow.  They are awful anyway.  He cannot make them worse.  The new GM needs to review his earlier opinion and think about how to hold things together until they can draft Teddy Bridgewater.  

http://news.yahoo.co...-132241709.html

Put it this way, that is about the only way I would be interested in going to see the Jags play.  It is a relatively short trip for me now.  As it stands, I would rather hang out at the tiki bar and watch silly redneck tricks on the river than go see Chad Henne suck some more.  With a river full of bass boats and pontoon stinkers, there is a far better chance of me seeing something that would make me jump up and yell "TOUCHDOWN".

#2861 Bus Driver

Bus Driver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,725 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

What if they had a rally and nobody came?  I have no idea which one is our lizard boy.....Mullet boy on the right? 

Saw that.  Was scheduled to begin at 3:16 PM and run for 3 hours and 16 minutes. 

15 people showed up.  Kinda funny in a really sad way.

(edit) It was about 40 people.  No doubt Jack will cite this as an example of my dishonesty.  <_<

But, Timmy has an offer to play in Russia.

http://www.csmonitor...wants-him-video

#2862 Tax Man

Tax Man

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

Jacksonville has a tv station apologising for having to carry its games.  I don't think it could get worse with the Tebow zoo in town.

#2863 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,433 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

Saw that...the rally that started at precisely 3:16 p.m., clearly their priority was football.

#2864 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,106 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

It's time for Tebow to just move on

http://msn.foxsports...ck-storm-091613

091713-NFL-Patriots-Tebow-TIME-TO-WALK-A
{C}
Tim, the writing is on the wall.

FOX Sports By David Whitley, Special to FOXSports.com
Share This Story

Updated Sep 17, 2013 4:30 PM ET

Tim Tebow must look at football these days the way Barack Obama looks at Syria: There are no good options.

The Russians want to help, though there are a few hitches. Like the Russian American Football Championships being so obscure the KGB doesn't even know it exists.

His fans want to help, but all they can do is hold vigils in the Jaguars’ parking lot. The other option is going to work for Gene Simmons, a.k.a. The Demon. I realize Tebow played for Urban Meyer — but this would be another level of infamy entirely.

His best career move would be to accept reality. ESPN college football analyst Lee Corso summed it up best: “Tebow's got a great future outside football. He's got more important things to do than screw around with the NFL.”

And the NFL has better things to do than screw around with Tebow. For the millionth time, he's a great guy with a stirring story — but if you still believe all Tebow needs is a fair shake, I have some property near Chernobyl I'd like to sell you.

I probably could have made some money at EverBank Field Monday afternoon. A Tebow rally started at 3:16 p.m. and lasted three hours and 16 minutes. The numerology paid homage to John 3:16, one of the Bible verses Tebow used to write on his eye black.

The theme was “Jags – Tebow Why Not?” Granted, Tebow couldn't be worse than Blaine Gabbert. (Neither could Billy Graham, but you don't see teams offering him any free-agent deals.)

091213-7-NFL-Peter-Schrager-OB-PI_201309 SCHRAGER SPEAKS What's the good word? Peter Schrager lets you know in his weekly podcast. Head to iTunes to hear it!

If Tebow couldn't make it in New England, he can't make it anywhere — anywhere in the NFL, that is. The Patriots were a perfect situation for him to develop: Established starter, innovative approach, patient staff, loving owner.

Problem was, Tebow still throws like a guy putting out a kitchen fire with a wet towel. He should throw in that towel and get on spreading his gospel, building orphanages and being a great humanitarian.

That's better than being an NFL quarterback, but Tebow’s faith in himself is almost as strong as his faith in God. Given that, what's his best option?

There's that $1 million offer to play two upcoming playoff games with the Moscow Black Storm. The first thing I'd do is demand the 32,263,230 rubles up front, since the entire league is valued at approximately $4.38. It doesn't even have a website, though the team has a Facebook page. The lead entry:

“¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿.....¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿, ¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿, ¿¿¿¿¿ 28-¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿. ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿. ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿.”

Translation: “We know Comrade Tebow reads defenses like you read Russian. We're just milking this for publicity.”

The Moscow owner said Tebow’s people are advising him to junk football and become a full-time motivational speaker. If only he’d listen.

Feed your NFL addiction! Come feast on all the news in our updating blog.

The only potential upside to Russia is that Vladimir Putin might drop by wanting to compare chest hair. That could allow Tebow to grab the Super Bowl ring Putin swiped from Robert Kraft, who would then force Bill Belichick to give Tebow another chance.

Speaking of publicity stunts, there's option No. 2: The LA KISS. The Arena League team offered Tebow a three-year contract potentially worth “millions of dollars” last week.

“It wasn't about publicity,” Paul Stanley said on the TODAY Show. “He would be great for the sport.”

Stanley co-owns the team with band-mate Simmons. In case you're not up on your KISS knowledge, he's the one with the “Starchild” makeup. Simmons has gallivanted around the world sporting “The Demon” makeup the past four decades.

To be fair, the Tebow 3:16 crowd should know KISS doesn't really stand for Knights in Satan's Service. Simmons never minded fanning such suspicion since it helped sell KISS albums, T-shirts, wine, comics and urns.

The Demon would give six inches off his tongue to snag Tebow. The mere offer last week spawned about 10,000 photo-shopped Internet pictures of Tebow in KISS makeup. If he actually signed, next season's opener would be a mini-Super Bowl of hype.

From a football standpoint, Arena ball is Tebow’s best hope. Threading the tight passing lanes of indoor football might improve his delivery and get him an NFL gig. Hey, it worked for Kurt Warner.

I know. The odds of that happening are about as good as Simmons being named the next Pope — but it would be fun to watch if you could stomach the cheesiness of it all.

The sad fact is teams want Tebow for his name, not his arm. Seeing him as a Moscow Black Stormer or LA KISSer would be the modern-day version of Jesse Owens racing a horse at a minor-league game. Tebow deserves a more dignified exit.

The Tebow brand is based on his image and the belief the NFL shafted him. Tebow can’t take all those rubles without looking greedy. If he bombs in the Arena League, it would validate what the Broncos, Jets, Patriots, Corso and almost everybody else knows.

Tebow has a great future, but it’s not in football. If he keeps trying to prove otherwise, even the people in the EverBank parking lot are going to lose faith.

#2865 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,517 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

From that link: 

Tebow still throws like a guy putting out a kitchen fire with a wet towel.

#2866 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:08 PM

Report: Several NFL Teams Interested In Tim Tebow As Grounds Crew Worker

http://www.theonion....-tebow-a,33884/

#2867 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

You know Tebow sucks when the Rams won't answer his agent's phone call, yet would rather dust-off a 44-year old Brett Favre with a game plan of "wing it".  http://ftw.usatoday....ay-quarterback/

For that matter, given the current crop of Suck that is parading around the NFL pretending to be a professional, paid QB, and Tebow isn't even on the radar is a statement to how incredibly, terminally bad he is as a QB.

Bradford>top 10 NCAA QB's>Favre>Quinn>Freeman>Ponder>Cassel>Weedon>Gabbert>Henne>Palmer>Hoyer>Glennon>Manuel>Pryor>Flynn>every backup QB on a NFL roster>John Elway's jockstrap>TIM TEBOW

Gaytard's eye for football talent is unrivaled.

#2868 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,617 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

Tebow is better than some of the 3rd QB's on rosters.  If you absolutely had to put someone into a game as an emergency QB to win a game Tebow would be ahead of several 3rd  QB's on NFL rosters.  There are 2 real problems that keep Tebow from being considered for NFL rosters. 

The first is that he doesn't have the skill set of an NFL QB and no one has any hope of him acquiring that skill set.  Many 3rd QBs are young players that teams think might develop.  Yes he is a competitor but unless you can consistently beat the other team with your arm and by making the right reads, the defenses will catch up.  Tebow is a stop gap solution that sets your team back in the long run and is a seat filling gimmick.  Which leads to the second problem.  The legions of Gatoresque fanboys who still think that Tebow is Payton Manning and Adrian Peterson rolled into one.  

Tebow isn't worth the distraction caused by TEBOW NATION to teams.  Look what he did with the Jets, took a confident yet unskilled Sanchez and turned him into a filled with self-doubt and still highly unskilled QB.  Just by sitting on the bench, messing up some punt protection plays and on several occasions finding some wide open areas of turf to throw the ball into.  

You know Tebow sucks when the Rams won't answer his agent's phone call, yet would rather dust-off a 44-year old Brett Favre with a game plan of "wing it".  http://ftw.usatoday....ay-quarterback/

For that matter, given the current crop of Suck that is parading around the NFL pretending to be a professional, paid QB, and Tebow isn't even on the radar is a statement to how incredibly, terminally bad he is as a QB.

Bradford>top 10 NCAA QB's>Favre>Quinn>Freeman>Ponder>Cassel>Weedon>Gabbert>Henne>Palmer>Hoyer>Glennon>Manuel>Pryor>Flynn>every backup QB on a NFL roster>John Elway's jockstrap>TIM TEBOW

Gaytard's eye for football talent is unrivaled.

#2869 slap

slap

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

The following quarterbacks have gotten jobs since Tebow was cut:

1. Austin Davis, Rams
  2. B.J. Daniels, Seahawks
  3. Brady Quinn, Rams
  4. Jordan Palmer, Bears
  5. Josh Freeman, Vikings
  6. Seneca Wallace, Packers
  7. McLeod Bethel-Johnson, 49ers
  8. John Skelton, 49ers and Titans
  9. Matt Flynn, Bills and Packers

http://www.sportsgri...d-of-tim-tebow/

He's not coming back to the NFL.

#2870 Bus Driver

Bus Driver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,725 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

CFB broadcasting -

http://sports.yahoo....45903--nfl.html

#2871 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,106 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

CFB broadcasting -

http://sports.yahoo....45903--nfl.html

how long till the Jr Collage's pass him around and off to a High Skool 

Tebow should Brand-Up with a Towel Co. and do commercials with him handing them out by the Showers 

#2872 Pete M

Pete M

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,009 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

tebow hired by espn

for the sec network

hope he doesn't go all Jesus on air

#2873 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:25 AM

tebow hired by espn

for the sec network

hope he doesn't go all Jesus on air

Amen!

#2874 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,617 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

Must have been tough for Tebow when the Cowboys gave Jon Kitna the one game emergency QB slot instead of Tebow, 

#2875 Fat Point Jack

Fat Point Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

How much do you think his new job pays?

His pay for not playing was pretty good.

#2876 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

Must have been tough for Tebow when the Cowboys gave Jon Kitna the one game emergency QB slot instead of Tebow, 

I was just having the same conversation with my pals - how bad do you have to be that a guy who teaches high-school history, and hasn't been involved in football for over 4 years is a better option than Tim Tebow?  It's mind-boggling that some fucking idiot actually traded up to draft him in the first-round, and yet not one team, even the shitty ones, will touch him with a 10-foot pole. 

#2877 chinabald

chinabald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,579 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

You parents might get this one.

It's like being a kid at the orphanage when someone adopted Stuart Little. You were passed over for a mouse.

#2878 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,106 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:35 PM

^^^ Gunna Need a Longer Pole ^^^

Tim Tebow would still rank in the Top 10

of vendors throwing peanuts at any Padres Home Game 

peanut20man-thumb-550x402-1137431.jpg?w=

this time of year  ^_^

#2879 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:01 AM

^^^ Gunna Need a Longer Pole ^^^

Tim Tebow would still rank in the Top 10

of vendors throwing peanuts at any Padres Home Game 

peanut20man-thumb-550x402-1137431.jpg?w=

this time of year  ^_^

That man could out-throw anyone with a bag of warm nuts.  RIP Peanut Man!

#2880 dreaded

dreaded

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,816 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:42 AM

159676.jpg