33 replies to this topic

#1 TigerinCT

TigerinCT

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:23 AM

ok, qualifiers: it was perfect FT10 weather; we got a lucky and persistent shift on the first upwind; result was fast tiger = and yes, all of our good friends and competitors can post a similar night when they kicked our butt...

Crew was 3 adults and 2 12 year olds. Key competitors were 2 J109s, SC37, and a J111.

Have to enjoy things when you can...Fall is here.

#2 owlslick

owlslick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:17 AM

unfortunately there has been a lot of disinformation about the Tiger 10, those that sail them know the real story, as the video shows it can hold its' own, even short handed with family crew, while in the presence of formitable well crewed designs.

Our racer cruiser becomes the mother ship at anchor, while the Tiger becomes the boat of choice to sail, even the grand kids prefer to sail on the Tiger.

Well done, Charlie.

#3 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,071 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:03 PM

Thanks Charlie. That brightens my day.

#4 akaGP

akaGP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:44 PM

I enjoy that you guys with a team that has a minimum of crew and kids onboard was able to beat a particular J/111 with 8 people including multiple professionals onboard. Oh and your boat cost 1/4 of what the 111 did.

Very bitter Wes! If you trash all the boats you got kicked off you are going to be a very busy guy! :)

Why is no one surprised; lol.

#5 SA Lurker

SA Lurker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:58 PM

I enjoy that you guys with a team that has a minimum of crew and kids onboard was able to beat a particular J/111 with 8 people including multiple professionals onboard. Oh and your boat cost 1/4 of what the 111 did.

Very bitter Wes! If you trash all the boats you got kicked off you are NOT going to be a very busy guy! :)

Fixed it?

Poor form, LH.

#6 akaGP

akaGP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:29 PM

Very bitter Wes! If you trash all the boats you got kicked off you are NOT going to be a very busy guy! :)

Fixed it?

Poor form, LH.

Instead of apologizing it appears that Left Hook, in a chickenshit move, deleted all his posts on this thread.

"Poor Form, LH"; you can say that again.

Edited @ 3:43 PM
P.S. Instead of lurking, come out of the closet and face the music, LH.

#7 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:47 PM

I deleted my posts because nothing I said was meant as a personal slight to the good people on that black boat even though they were taken that way. If I could take them back I would do so but I can't so I did the next best thing. I'm not discussing this topic in public any further.

#8 akaGP

akaGP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:06 PM

I deleted my posts because nothing I said was meant as a personal slight to the good people on that black boat even though they were taken that way. If I could take them back I would do so but I can't so I did the next best thing. I'm not discussing this topic in public any further.

No, your words were taken exactly for what you posted; that you didn't care whether you got tossed from the black J/111 because you didn't like racing with them and was ready to walk anyway.

The honorable thing to do would have been not to delete your posts but to face the music for its content and apologize. But that would have taken guts.

Maybe you'll understand if and when you grow up.

#9 sailforbeer

sailforbeer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:20 PM

That's strangley familiar to this quote, also in reference to that same black J/111:

If you want to hear why we dropped out you'll have to talk to me in private, I don't want to discuss those things publicly

You have a lot to learn, grasshopper. Word travels fast on LIS.

#10 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,071 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:44 PM

It amazes me how easily some people get offended over little things.

#11 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,321 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:02 AM

Now back to the show........ - cool video and well done. I am envious here in Texas as nobody seems to be sweating.

Now - can anyone explain how they got the grand piano on the RC?

#12 TBone

TBone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:54 AM

It amazes me how easily people get offended over little things.

Fixed this for you, BP. You too have not been immune to the occasional indiscretion.

#13 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,071 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:12 AM

Tbone:

I hear you and I think I undertstand what you are saying.
Carry on.

I think I am happier over on the Australian thread. Less whinging. More reality.

#14 'moondance44

'moondance44

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  • Location:Dodgy Bit Of Stamford, CT and The Cows, Graveyard of LIS where bluefish get blown off wire leaders

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:51 AM

I'm amazed and offended at how friggin ugly the coach roof lines are on an FT10.

#15 TBone

TBone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:59 AM

I'm amazed and offended at how friggin ugly the coach roof lines are on an FT10.

Old news, Moon. Consequence of design by committee.

Get over it.

#16 treef

treef

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:48 AM

From the owner of the SC37 that the FT10 beat over the line (wow that's hard to type!), congratulations to TigerinCT on a nice race. You had that boat in the groove. Well done!

Now back to the show........ - cool video and well done. I am envious here in Texas as nobody seems to be sweating.

Now - can anyone explain how they got the grand piano on the RC?

We're East Coast Swamp Yankees. Sweating is uncivilized. But being serenaded by the piano on the RC boat, that's just proper yachting!

#17 dolphinmaster

dolphinmaster

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:06 PM

Tbone:

I hear you and I think I undertstand what you are saying.
Carry on.

I think I am happier over on the Australian thread. Less whinging. More reality.

Good move Bob. Curious how a simple vid. on one of your successes turns into a sandy vag moment.

#18 Matt B

Matt B

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:16 PM

Thats like sailing in the Land of Make Believe with Mr. Rogers. I expected to be broken out of the piano trance by some gay dude screaming "Speedy Delivery, Speedy Delivery!
Well done Charlie. What happened last night?

#19 'moondance44

'moondance44

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  • Location:Dodgy Bit Of Stamford, CT and The Cows, Graveyard of LIS where bluefish get blown off wire leaders

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:51 PM

Thats like sailing in the Land of Make Believe with Mr. Rogers. I expected to be broken out of the piano trance by some gay dude screaming "Speedy Delivery, Speedy Delivery!

Aug. 31 was a magical night. Helena also took a 1st in Div 2

#20 akaGP

akaGP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:44 PM

... especially when their point of view is from behind; lol.

#21 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,071 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

Thanks George.

#22 TigerinCT

TigerinCT

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:49 PM

Last night was beautiful, our race was a touch distracted...
- the rabbit didn't really do a rabbit start as planned
- we had 4 kids and 3 adults
- the piano guy didn't show up
- I was really playing with the new sails and trying to figure the boat out, and overstood by like 0.5 miles on the first beat.

All that said, the new NP technora jib and main are gorgeous. I'll post some pics later as I gratuitously endorse Bob Pattison.

#23 akaGP

akaGP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:02 PM

Thanks George.

As I was one of the proponents for an FT10 with a tall cabin top that would allow for standing room in a narrow interior filled with the keel box and sink counter, I hope that you are as sincere in your reply as I was sarcastic in my reply to moondance44.

In fact the height of the FT10 cabin top is of the same proportion as the custom built Goetz boat shown below.

Attached Files

#24 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,071 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:52 PM

George:
I was totally sincere. I do not agree with all your arguments but in this case I knew you had my back.
Thanks again.

#25 Matt B

Matt B

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:00 AM

Thanks George.

As I was one of the proponents for an FT10 with a tall cabin top that would allow for standing room in a narrow interior filled with the keel box and sink counter, I hope that you are as sincere in your reply as I was sarcastic in my reply to moondance44.

In fact the height of the FT10 cabin top is of the same proportion as the custom built Goetz boat shown below.

Yup. It's ugly too.

#26 akaGP

akaGP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:32 AM

Thanks George.

Yup. It's ugly too.

Post the photos of the "beautifull" racing boat(s) that you own, if any?

#27 StayinStrewn

StayinStrewn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, snowboarding, hockey

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:12 PM

Give it a rest already...

#28 akaGP

akaGP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:05 PM

Give it a rest already...

Aren't you curious to see the photos of beautiful boat(s) that Matt B owns; lol?

#29 Monster Mash

Monster Mash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,739 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:03 PM

Georgie getting flicked in 5, 4, 3, 2,

#30 StayinStrewn

StayinStrewn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:12 PM

um, no i'm not....in fact I don't give two shits if he does or doesn't own a boat...for about the billionth time, whether you currently own a boat or not doesn't make you any more or less qualified to opine on one design or another.

Stop getting you panties in such a bunch every time somebody doesn't agree with what you say...been old for about 5 years now

#31 akaGP

akaGP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

um, no i'm not....in fact I don't give two shits if he does or doesn't own a boat...for about the billionth time, whether you currently own a boat or not doesn't make you any more or less qualified to opine on one design or another.

Stop getting you panties in such a bunch every time somebody doesn't agree with what you say...been old for about 5 years now

Where did I claim that Matt B does not own a boat and/or that he does not have the right to express his opinion on the subject of beauty?

You know that old saying about opinions being like .........; everyone has one.

As for "getting you panties in such a bunch every time somebody doesn't agree with what you say" it appears that you are the one who needs to take a chill pill.

#32 jackolantern

jackolantern

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:44 PM

Posted Image

'nuff said.

#33 StayinStrewn

StayinStrewn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:20 AM

you're a douche...

#34 StayinStrewn

StayinStrewn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:22 AM

whatever dude, get on with your life and leave the rest of us alone...back to the topic at hand...i missed that race, but hopefully there's one last good night this week!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users