#4601 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

[quote name='redboat' timestamp='1334864291' post='3679808']
A couple of compliments on ONE of Stowes's posts ans suddenly the bands play , fireworks fill the sky and we should elevate Stowe to one of the greatest sailors of the last 50 years. Not gonna happen. Drifting, sails down, for months at a time still does not constitute ocean voyaging.

Nice try

It is interesting to note that to this crowd of generally non ocean going sailors, that successfully circumnavigating, no matter how slowly it is done, could possibly not be "constituting" ocean voyaging. Perhaps you need to check a good globe for reference: the charts you may or may not use in your efforts on the water evidently do not suffice to educate you to the ignorance of that statement of 'fact' in your besotted, befuddled mentality.

#4602 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

... as is Chuck's.

The articles in Cruising World about Stowe were written by Herb McCormick

You could look him up in wiki for more info.

--------------

Herb McCormick Returns to Cruising World as Senior Editor

Award-winning marine journalist Herb McCormick has returned to Bonnier Corp.’s cruising title. McCormick, who headed the magazine from 2000 to 2005, will now be responsible for creating and editing content, representing the magazine at boat shows and industry events, writing boat tests and assisting with the magazine’s industry-leading Boat of the Year program, all as senior editor.

“Herb brings a bounty of talent and experience to our staff,” said Mark Pillsbury, editor-in-chief of Cruising World. “Herb is a wonderful storyteller, and full of know-how and tales to share with our readers. We’re excited to welcome him aboard.”

Over the decades McCormick has served in a range of editorial roles at Cruising World, and has also been a sailing correspondent/sports writer for The New York Times. McCormick is also the author of two books to be published later this year — One Island, One Ocean and Gone to the Sea — and co-authored Out There, a book about the first BOC Challenge.

Throughout his career, McCormick has received many accolades for his work, including the National Marine Manufacturers Association Director’s Award; the BoatU.S. Monk Farnham Award for Excellence in Editorial Commentary; and more than a dozen first-, second- and third-place citations from the Boating Writers International annual writing contest.

In addition to writing, McCormick is also a veteran ocean racer, competing in the Newport to Bermuda, Pacific Cup, Transpac, and Sydney to Hobart races. Most recently, McCormick completed the 28,000-mile Around the Americas expedition around the North and South American continents as crew and writer aboard the 64-foot cutter Ocean Watch.

#4603 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,227 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:13 AM

It is interesting to note that to this crowd of generally non ocean going sailors, that successfully circumnavigating, no matter how slowly it is done, could possibly not be "constituting" ocean voyaging. Perhaps you need to check a good globe for reference: the charts you may or may not use in your efforts on the water evidently do not suffice to educate you to the ignorance of that statement of 'fact' in your besotted, befuddled mentality.

You win on a technicality. Well done, Harpoon. Well done, indeed

Meet Poon Lim --

Posted Image

133 days in a life raft.

"After approximately two hours in the water, he found an 8' square wooden raft and climbed into it. The raft had several tins of biscuits, a forty litre jug of water, some chocolate, a bag of sugar lumps, some flares, two smoke pots and an electric torch....When told no one had ever survived longer on a raft at sea, Poon Lim replied, "I hope no one will ever have to break that record."

His sponsors? Will power and self reliance. Story here.

#4604 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,227 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

3 and 1/3 Days at Marathon Without Resupply
Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Mission Accomplished!

It's been 3 days 6 hours and 42 minutes since my walk first began in Hopkinton with a backpack full of mung beans, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and water -- and today I am finally in Back Bay. After 26.2 miles of walking, resting, and sleeping in the bushes of the few public parks along the course, I have completed the Boston Marathon. As I sauntered up the sidewalk on Beacon Street to Kenmore Square, I was overcome by a sense of pride that I had done something that no man had ever done before. I spent more time completing the Boston Marathon than anyone in history. I was able to accomplish this through rigorous conditioning and a lifetime of strolling at a leisurely pace.

In this modern age where so many people "run" marathons, most people don't understand what I accomplished or the hardships I have endured. In Natick, I tripped over a section of sidewalk that the roots of a beautiful maple tree had buckled up. I'm sure I completely fell down because when I regained consciousness, I had a scab on my knee and the back of my head -- and the sprout-greenhouse fastened to the top of my dragon hat was nothing more than a well turned compost pile in a 2 quart Ziploc. I looked up at that proud maple tree and said, "You tripped me, you sneaky tree, but I love you and your branches and your shade and even your tripping root!"

I was a little dehydrated on day 2 and was fortunate to have my water jugs and a laminated menu from Lloyd's Diner, which I bent in half and adeptly captured the rain from a sprinkler that was watering the mulch of the tire store on Central St. at the base of the big hill up to Wellesley. When the sprinkler rain stopped, I still had about half the marathon to go and my travel guide showed no public water fountains between me and the finish. So I stayed at the tire store for another 8 hours, guessing they'd probably water the mulch again first thing in the morning, and it paid off. My uncanny ability to predict tire store mulch waterings is the result of many years of wandering around high traffic corners shaking an aluminum cup full of coins and screaming - "Hey you, Mr. Marathon Runner! What's your hurry? Stop running in the street and walk the sidewalk! Slow down and trip over a sidewalk buckle caused by a tree root and say to the tree - 'Hello majestic tripper of people in a hurry down the sidewalk, thanks!". I know I inspire marathon runners, because they always run faster when I'm behind them with my inspirational messages.

My friend Allen was following me on the GPS and told me that I had drawn a snake. Sure enough, there it was. A perfect snake, with a half digested robin's egg at about the Newton fire station.

#4605 Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:29 AM

Yep, well done, you are now "notable" which doesnt mean anything other than one odd fckr. So having satisfied the sponsors with that effort, I guess they are all still behind you for stage 2 ? You remember stage 2... The one where you hang out down at the riverfront with your broken down sandshoes, and try and find a homeless guy that you can con out of his sneakers by offering him a swig from whats left of your 60% proof waterbottle. And when he is most vulnerable, nick his coat containing his pension payment and pay the other homeless teens to give you man massages. All a part of their unique upbringing huh ?. Im sure there is a doco or a book in that magical mystical mugging molesting tour there somewhere..mmmm?

#4606 Albatros

Albatros

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

being an historic sailing figure,

and that, he will never be, epic failure.
historic bum, grifter, drifter, clown, polesitter ... historic in many ways, but historic sailor ? nope, would be an insult to so many real historic sailors whose prime purpose never was to get their names in history books, unlike Weid.

No less a sailing rag than Cruising World, referred to as the NY Times of sailing publications, put Stowe in as one of the notable sailors of I believe the last forty or so years. Although you may wish your denial to be true, it appears far more likely Stowe will get his wish not you. And despite absurd depictions of someone virtually single handing a seventy foot schooner for three full years non- stop, as a lazy drifting pole sitting grifter on this site and advanced unmercifully by its adherents wherever they could, it remains Stowe's singleminded commitment to sailing his dreams and the immeasurably hard work and suffering it has taken, that will indeed put his person into the annals of sailing history, however nauseating a thought you here as a group might well believe that to be.

thanks for a really really good laugh ... no less than Kroozing world, wow, shock and awe (and a keyboard)
come to think if it : his "immeasurably hard work and suffering", his claims that he's doing that for humanity and the notion that he is crucified overhere for all that ... are you going to apply for Weid to be come Saint Weid, patron of mars analogous drifters ? we can throw in a couple of miracles for good measure too, like the inversion of his organs, or the miraculous escape from the big Maersk monster.
:D

#4607 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

being an historic sailing figure,

and that, he will never be, epic failure.
historic bum, grifter, drifter, clown, polesitter ... historic in many ways, but historic sailor ? nope, would be an insult to so many real historic sailors whose prime purpose never was to get their names in history books, unlike Weid.

No less a sailing rag than Cruising World, referred to as the NY Times of sailing publications, put Stowe in as one of the notable sailors of I believe the last forty or so years. Although you may wish your denial to be true, it appears far more likely Stowe will get his wish not you. And despite absurd depictions of someone virtually single handing a seventy foot schooner for three full years non- stop, as a lazy drifting pole sitting grifter on this site and advanced unmercifully by its adherents wherever they could, it remains Stowe's singleminded commitment to sailing his dreams and the immeasurably hard work and suffering it has taken, that will indeed put his person into the annals of sailing history, however nauseating a thought you here as a group might well believe that to be.

thanks for a really really good laugh ... no less than Kroozing world, wow, shock and awe (and a keyboard)
come to think if it : his "immeasurably hard work and suffering", his claims that he's doing that for humanity and the notion that he is crucified overhere for all that ... are you going to apply for Weid to be come Saint Weid, patron of mars analogous drifters ? we can throw in a couple of miracles for good measure too, like the inversion of his organs, or the miraculous escape from the big Maersk monster.
:D

That's been the obviously plan all along! How could you have been so smart. The application for beatification has been in the Vatican's hopper since the day Weid's famous crucifixion pic appeared in the hilarious and goodly innocent blog pub, 1000 days of hell.

#4608 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

Some years ago, having little or nothing to interest him upon the water, an unknown local sailor of a sort, upon hearing of a strange white man called Stowe, did decide one day to devote all his excess time, of which in his indolent soul there were far too much, towards efforts to destroy this bleached white quarry, his reputation, that of his strange hulking boat and stalking his friends until the ultimate victory of defeat t'were within his grasp.

He worked tirelessly spreading the word of his obsession with the great white whale of a sailor, being certain whenever and wherever they spoke of his obsession he or his lemming crew, would be there, as if by a puff of smoke appear, and put an end to any and all speech which might be so uneducated to believe there were any worth to his ultimate quarry, this great white weid. The Great White Weid.

For who was this sailor, who unlike me, appeared to ne'er sweat nor work, his children grown and rich, whilst I had but to slave for mine dark days and nights over time eternal!

The indignity dug so deep, that they did vow in their distress to not tithe as did the rest, in the deepest depths of afflicted soul, that they would beach for good this great white sailor whose skin was yet somehow bleached by white and not the dark stains of true sailing man under stark shining sun. He shall not live In peace, was muttered to mine ears for multitudes of times to overhear, and all his friends who try to stop them they too shall feel the wrath of the godly path. The obsession waxed and waned as if by the cycles of the secondary orb above, yet as they grew old and the quarry and object of their obsession and his terrible dark boat, redolent of parmigiana, remained alive and afloat, in their innermost soul some did yet cry for vengeance, vengeance against this great bleached white whale of their obsession.

#4609 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,244 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Mission Accomplished!

It's been 3 days 6 hours and 42 minutes since my walk first began in Hopkinton with a backpack full of mung beans, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and water -- and today I am finally in Back Bay. After 26.2 miles of walking, resting, and sleeping in the bushes of the few public parks along the course, I have completed the Boston Marathon. As I sauntered up the sidewalk on Beacon Street to Kenmore Square, I was overcome by a sense of pride that I had done something that no man had ever done before. I spent more time completing the Boston Marathon than anyone in history. I was able to accomplish this through rigorous conditioning and a lifetime of strolling at a leisurely pace.

In this modern age where so many people "run" marathons, most people don't understand what I accomplished or the hardships I have endured. In Natick, I tripped over a section of sidewalk that the roots of a beautiful maple tree had buckled up. I'm sure I completely fell down because when I regained consciousness, I had a scab on my knee and the back of my head -- and the sprout-greenhouse fastened to the top of my dragon hat was nothing more than a well turned compost pile in a 2 quart Ziploc. I looked up at that proud maple tree and said, "You tripped me, you sneaky tree, but I love you and your branches and your shade and even your tripping root!"

I was a little dehydrated on day 2 and was fortunate to have my water jugs and a laminated menu from Lloyd's Diner, which I bent in half and adeptly captured the rain from a sprinkler that was watering the mulch of the tire store on Central St. at the base of the big hill up to Wellesley. When the sprinkler rain stopped, I still had about half the marathon to go and my travel guide showed no public water fountains between me and the finish. So I stayed at the tire store for another 8 hours, guessing they'd probably water the mulch again first thing in the morning, and it paid off. My uncanny ability to predict tire store mulch waterings is the result of many years of wandering around high traffic corners shaking an aluminum cup full of coins and screaming - "Hey you, Mr. Marathon Runner! What's your hurry? Stop running in the street and walk the sidewalk! Slow down and trip over a sidewalk buckle caused by a tree root and say to the tree - 'Hello majestic tripper of people in a hurry down the sidewalk, thanks!". I know I inspire marathon runners, because they always run faster when I'm behind them with my inspirational messages.

My friend Allen was following me on the GPS and told me that I had drawn a snake. Sure enough, there it was. A perfect snake, with a half digested robin's egg at about the Newton fire station.

Classic..I'm shocked that the Mayor, Governor, and Pres Obama weren't there at the finish line to congratulate you on a truly momentous achievement. You must be exhausted after such a titanic effort, Forrest Gump has nothing on you. What an athletic achievement. Harold Channing should be calling any minute now so you can spend an hour talking about prep schools and the new extreme sport of marathon procrastination. The paypal button should be going like Hovian on Earth Day, should garner enough for a fancy new dragon hat.

#4610 redboat

redboat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,278 posts
  • Interests:none

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Mission Accomplished!

Very analogous RD.

Sadly for HP, he responded to our positive response to one minor 1000 day post as an opportunity to proclaim Weid's greatness and validity. Doesn't change the past or the prospects of the future.

Could have kept his mouth shut or even said, "see guys, Stowe's not all that bad.", but no, he had to muck up an otherwise pleasant benign moment.

#4611 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

Yessiree bob, just like I've caused this thread to remain alive at all, I have certainly forced all the negativity about Stowe here to exist, simply because I have attempted an alternative to the nearly constant and consistent derisive tone. I wholeheartedly see yer point, if it wasn't fer me putting in my two bits, you boys would be busy lauding Stowe's fundraisin' proclivities, praisin' Charle Doane's writing, insights and experience, and generally finding joy in your high road of all consuming love of Soanya Darshen Stowe's child raising committment and Anne's strong seaworthiness over the course of time. If only I had been successfully silenced! You'd likely be praisin' Stowe's tenacious seamanship to the heavens. You're right, the fault's entirely mine, that a negative word's e'er been said on this thread from hell. And in other news, trayvon was shot simply cause he didn't remove his hoodie, and ’she' was raped cause of her too short skirt. Yep, blame me for the resumption. That'll fly.

#4612 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,244 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Yessiree bob, just like I've caused this thread to remain alive at all, I have certainly forced all the negativity about Stowe here to exist, simply because I have attempted an alternative to the nearly constant and consistent derisive tone. I wholeheartedly see yer point, if it wasn't fer me putting in my two bits, you boys would be busy lauding Stowe's fundraisin' proclivities, praisin' Charle Doane's writing, insights and experience, and generally finding joy in your high road of all consuming love of Soanya Darshen Stowe's child raising committment and Anne's strong seaworthiness over the course of time. If only I had been successfully silenced! You'd likely be praisin' Stowe's tenacious seamanship to the heavens. You're right, the fault's entirely mine, that a negative word's e'er been said on this thread from hell. And in other news, trayvon was shot simply cause he didn't remove his hoodie, and ’she' was raped cause of her too short skirt. Yep, blame me for the resumption. That'll fly.

You have a strange way of trying to achieve your goal, Poon. Maybe if you are just a bit more antagonistic and abusive we will ignore Stowe's negatives and organize that ticker tape parade down the Supranam. Yeah, that will work.

#4613 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

You have a strange way of trying to achieve your goal, Poon. Maybe if you are just a bit more antagonistic and abusive we will ignore Stowe's negatives and organize that ticker tape parade down the Supranam. Yeah, that will work.

The 'goal' you mention has long been proven completely unattainable here by the vast majority of those who post. I thought it would be fitting and right to attempt to try to allow some who read this to see some light as to the inaccuracies of the characterization of Stowe as a lazy grifter pan handler drifter not a sailor, as this crowd loves to see him. He has indeed achieved a modicum of mention and appreciation by some of the mainstream sailing press. You've long ago lost your battle, and yet continue in many obviously mistaken beliefs, such as his circumnavigating and passage making do not pass muster as ocean voyaging. The slurs here have been mainly relegated to a pack of lies. Of course now you'll retort and resort to the SOS, ask the same few rhetorical pandering punk questions etc etc etc. Blah blah blah...

#4614 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,244 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

The 'goal' you mention has long been proven completely unattainable here by the vast majority of those who post. I thought it would be fitting and right to attempt to try to allow some who read this to see some light as to the inaccuracies of the characterization of Stowe as a lazy grifter pan handler drifter not a sailor, as this crowd loves to see him. He has indeed achieved a modicum of mention and appreciation by some of the mainstream sailing press. You've long ago lost your battle, and yet continue in many obviously mistaken beliefs, such as his circumnavigating and passage making do not pass muster as ocean voyaging. The slurs here have been mainly relegated to a pack of lies. Of course now you'll retort and resort to the SOS, ask the same few rhetorical pandering punk questions etc etc etc. Blah blah blah...

So dispel the "inaccuracies" I listed above as I asked you to. Show where I have lied. Step up or shut up, Poon.

#4615 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

I just did corn pone. You're too blind to see too deaf to my words to hear.

Telling me to stfu hasn't worked so well for you yet bc. Mebbe you do hear what I'm tellin ya somewhere in yer soul, and you really don't wanna accept the truth of it. Telling me to shut up doesn't work.

Why don't you?

#4616 Shaggy

Shaggy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,527 posts
  • Interests:This is SA, you figure it out.......

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

Funny how the rats flee the sinking ship of abuse en masse, making wee lil rat noses trying to say, we never did it, we never went overboard in our abusiveness, even as their scurrying rat feet run down the anchor chains and jump into the mud that still sticks to them like it sticks to Stowe.

Stowe's fundraising is not all that unlike well known racing sailors who spend a great deal of time fund raising from individuals and corporations to be able to engage in their life dreams of competing/ campaigning in single handing circumnavigating races in a proper boat. His tendency for ridiculous hyperbole and self serving fact stretching has brought some of condemnation upon his head, as well as the unique strangeness of a home built slow Schooner and an unerring mind set of being an historic sailing figure, although the abuse heaped upon him by this crazed crowd defies its own hashish hazed imaginative powers.

Umm, say what you want but Harpoon has a point there.

Um, no he doesn't,
The well known racing sailors are actually moving around the planet most of the time and not claiming to benefit mankind whilst stuck in the mud rudderless, creating art..... They did not drift aimlessly nor did they claim anything that they did not accomplish. They did not hit anything bigger than them or pout when no one showed up when they came home. They did not grift on the docks for over a year in NYC pumping crap into the h20 while associated with a water conservation charity. They did not don Dragon hats nor did they turn their insides outside and brag about it. The cheesemonaught cannot hold a candle to any of em.....

#4617 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,244 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

Telling me to stfu hasn't worked so well for you yet bc. Mebbe you do hear what I'm tellin ya somewhere in yer soul, and you really don't wanna accept the truth of it. Telling me to shut up doesn't work.

Why don't you?

Which post did you provide links to the research done on the driftathon? . Provide a link, Poon, not more bs and dodging. All of your insults and assertions are mold to the clorox of reality. You don't want to accept the truth, because the truth paints Stowe in a light you don't like.

#4618 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

Funny how the rats flee the sinking ship of abuse en masse, making wee lil rat noses trying to say, we never did it, we never went overboard in our abusiveness, even as their scurrying rat feet run down the anchor chains and jump into the mud that still sticks to them like it sticks to Stowe.

Stowe's fundraising is not all that unlike well known racing sailors who spend a great deal of time fund raising from individuals and corporations to be able to engage in their life dreams of competing/ campaigning in single handing circumnavigating races in a proper boat. His tendency for ridiculous hyperbole and self serving fact stretching has brought some of condemnation upon his head, as well as the unique strangeness of a home built slow Schooner and an unerring mind set of being an historic sailing figure, although the abuse heaped upon him by this crazed crowd defies its own hashish hazed imaginative powers.

Um, no he doesn't,
The well known racing sailors are actually moving around the planet most of the time and not claiming to benefit mankind whilst stuck in the mud rudderless, creating art..... They did not drift aimlessly nor did they claim anything that they did not accomplish. They did not hit anything bigger than them or pout when no one showed up when they came home. They did not grift on the docks for over a year in NYC pumping crap into the h20 while associated with a water conservation charity. They did not don Dragon hats nor did they turn their insides outside and brag about it. The cheesemonaught cannot hold a candle to any of em.....

You missed the point.

Gee, who woulda thought someone around here woulda missed the point and repeated like a hypnotized zombie and closed mind, the stowe this s reidickulous mantra talking points fer the millionth and one time.

to repeat:

Stowe's fundraising is not all that unlike well known racing sailors who spend a great deal of time fund raising from individuals and corporations to be able to engage in their life dreams of competing/ campaigning in single handing circumnavigating racing.

#4619 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

Why don't you?

Which post did you provide links to the research done on the driftathon? . Provide a link, Poon, not more bs and dodging. All of your insults and assertions are mold to the clorox of reality. You don't want to accept the truth, because the truth paints Stowe in a light you don't like.

Links? I don't need to send you no stinkin' links!

#4620 Nambat

Nambat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

Um, no he doesn't,

You missed the point.

Gee, who woulda thought someone around here woulda missed the point and repeated like a hypnotized zombie and closed mind, the stowe this s reidickulous mantra talking points fer the millionth and one time.

to repeat:

Stowe's fundraising is not all that unlike well known racing sailors who spend a great deal of time fund raising from individuals and corporations to be able to engage in their life dreams of competing/ campaigning in single handing circumnavigating racing.

No it is not, I spent a lot of time working with people who wanted the companies I worked for to sponsor them. As a "corporation" we were looking for people who could generate positive press and who would display our logo and write about our product in a positive way.

We had metrics that quantified the amount of exposure and positive references we would receive from the people we sponsored.

Simply put, Reid would fail to meet those criteria.

#4621 Asymptote

Asymptote

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

Why don't you?

Links? I don't need to can't send you no stinkin' links!

Fixed.

#4622 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

Um, no he doesn't,

You missed the point.

to repeat:

No it is not, I spent a lot of time working with people who wanted the companies I worked for to sponsor them. As a "corporation" we were looking for people who could generate positive press and who would display our logo and write about our product in a positive way.

We had metrics that quantified the amount of exposure and positive references we would receive from the people we sponsored.

Well of course that's true, Reid is a very different character than a typical round the world racer. That really does not dispute the original statement at all, which you seem to have such a problem with. Reid's constant fundraising efforts, on the phone every day calling potential sponsors, while he worked and supervised volunteers in making his boat ready 7 days a week, 12 months a year, was not very unlike....blah blah blah,

You sound like a corporate guy. I can easily see how a guy like Stowe might be a poor choice for corporate sponsorship by many. In a culture where winning and a good clean name is everything, a man like Stowe subjected to the campaign of disparagement led by SA, is lower than a poor risk, and perhaps bad enough even w/o.

#4623 Nambat

Nambat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

Yup, a good clean name goes a long way. And it has nothing to do with SA, he soiled his name long before that. . .

#4624 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

SA conducted an organized multiyear smear campaign against his name and every name with whom he was associated, however loosely or short lived. You give SA's ability to motivate the storm and drang troops from this thread too little credit for swaying those once on the fence as yourself, and turning those with an anti-Stowe bias to begin with into full fledged Stowe & Hovian haters, spewing scurrilous character assassination all over the Internet, as if it were a holy crusade. Not to mention those small companies who may have previously considered giving him a hand in his unusual quest, scared off by SA's virulent anti-Stowe obsessiveness.

#4625 Nambat

Nambat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:12 PM

SA conducted an organized multiyear smear campaign against his name and every name with whom he was associated, however loosely or short lived. You give SA's ability to motivate the storm and drang troops from this thread too little credit for swaying those once on the fence as yourself, and turning those with an anti-Stowe bias to begin with into full fledged Stowe & Hovian haters, spewing scurrilous character assassination all over the Internet, as if it were a holy crusade. Not to mention those small companies who may have previously considered giving him a hand in his unusual quest, scared off by SA's virulent anti-Stowe obsessiveness.

Nope you are wrong, everything that came up on SA happened before
the thread started, dumping waste in the Hudson, Drug smuggling, and not paying child support. . .

#4626 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,244 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

The SA thread didn't start until Stowe was close to leaving, he had been trying to raise funds for years with limited success. Truth isn't character assasination, libel, slander or whatever else you claim. But don't let silly things like facts interfere with a good spin. You would do Baghdad Bob proud, I think I'll call you Hovian Hank.

#4627 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,227 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:56 AM

Um, no he doesn't,

You missed the point.

to repeat:

Well of course that's true, Reid is a very different character than a typical round the world racer. That really does not dispute the original statement at all, which you seem to have such a problem with. Reid's constant fundraising efforts, on the phone every day calling potential sponsors, while he worked and supervised volunteers in making his boat ready 7 days a week, 12 months a year, was not very unlike....blah blah blah,

You sound like a corporate guy. I can easily see how a guy like Stowe might be a poor choice for corporate sponsorship by many. In a culture where winning and a good clean name is everything, a man like Stowe subjected to the campaign of disparagement led by SA, is lower than a poor risk, and perhaps bad enough even w/o.

Using your logic, Puma would have been just fine if Ken Read decided to drop out of the Volvo and do some charter fishing aboard the boat off the coast of Brazil.

Here's what you don't get, Harpoon. When sponsors in the sailing world (racing, cruising, cause based) donate money or equipment to a project, they may not always get the ROI expected. Sponsorship is always a roll of the dice, but at least they know that the recipients of their support will do their best to promote their products. Reid was a sailing sponsor's worst enemy. Who's still sponsoring him? Wake up and smell the coffee.

The scientific "Mars Analogous Mission" became the "Love Voyage" because? Please, Harpoon, convince us that Reid did not bilk donors and sponsors.

Then there's this --

Liars don't cut it, Harpoon.

#4628 redboat

redboat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

Think the early publication of false 501c(3) status might have done something to dissuade one or two potential sponsors? Those pesky details.

#4629 Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

Speak to any crime statistician, and they will tell you that the likelihood of being caught for a dishonesty offence is about 1 in 13. So if you have a situation where someone has committed a fraud offence say, half a dozen times, how many times would they REALLY have done it and gotten away with it. I suppose the same logic applies to drug smuggling..... Then again, he might just have been caught the first time with both types of offending... look, there goes a flying pig....

#4630 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,788 posts
  • Interests:~~/)/)~~

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

The scientific "Mars Analogous Mission" became the "Love Voyage" because?

Montel knows.

BTW, thanks for sharing the Poon Lim thing. What a nightmare.

#4631 Beer Can

Beer Can

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

Harpoon, you will never have any credibility because the basic premise of your daily rants is faulty. With rare exception, Stowe is not being "smeared" or libeled here. He did plead guilty to drug smuggling. He did not pay his child support for many years. He did abandon his pregnant girlfriend and new-born child for two years. He did say he'd do a lot of things, such as research, that he did not do. He did perform in the Void Ho video. He did report being massaged by Buddha and Jesus.

Nobody here made these things up to assasinate his character. He is responsible for each and every one of them. I would suggest that, against this background, rational beings could not avoid poking fun at his delusions of grandeur. And it makes your consistent shrillness all the more incomprehensible.

#4632 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,244 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

Hater.

#4633 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,227 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

Harpoon, you will never have any credibility because the basic premise of your daily rants is faulty. With rare exception, Stowe is not being "smeared" or libeled here. He did plead guilty to drug smuggling. He did not pay his child support for many years. He did abandon his pregnant girlfriend and new-born child for two years. He did say he'd do a lot of things, such as research, that he did not do. He did perform in the Void Ho video. He did report being massaged by Buddha and Jesus.

Nobody here made these things up to assasinate his character. He is responsible for each and every one of them. I would suggest that, against this background, rational beings could not avoid poking fun at his delusions of grandeur. And it makes your consistent shrillness all the more incomprehensible.

I might also add that SA had no "organized multiyear smear campaign". Of the folks that regularly contributed to the original thread, I only personally met 2 of them. I met more people from Reid's shore team than SA contributors to the 1000 days thread. Soanya is a very nice person and smarter than most people here give her credit for. Sterling and Donna are both very nice people as well. I've met more Reid supporters in person than Reid detractors from SA. Go figure.

Reid is very fortunate to have had such good friends that love him unconditionally. Talk to Sterling and Donna, Harpoon. They've met me, as has Soanya.

Hater.

Racist.

#4634 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,244 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

Elitist bouy racer

#4635 Aloha 27

Aloha 27

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:41 AM

Racist hater.

#4636 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,227 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

Racist hater.

Racist, hater, elitist, buoy racing golfer with a weak short game..

#4637 Nambat

Nambat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:11 AM

Montel knows.

An interesting video about Poon Lim The Poon Lim Story

#4638 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,227 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:14 AM

Montel knows.

Much more in depth than the Wiki article. Thanks for posting the link, Tab. Truly incredible.

#4639 Beer Can

Beer Can

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:34 AM

Montel knows.

Much more in depth than the Wiki article. Thanks for posting the link, Tab. Truly incredible.

Requires an indomitable spirit to survive that sort of thing.

#4640 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,788 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:58 AM

Montel knows.

Fuckers. :P

#4641 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,227 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:59 AM

Montel knows.

Brilliant story. I'm looking froward to the translation and release of Poon Lim's book.

#4642 Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Attached File  russian radio.jpg   45.87K   9 downloads

Tune into the Lim Poon evangelical show daily...
Free vodka's and man massages
oh, and listen up, commando is the go, so get a fkn haircut comrade.

#4643 WhoaTed

WhoaTed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Interests:Italian cars
    Beer
    A bunch of other stuff

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Any chance maybe there could be a ban on any further posting of that pic? The look on Rand's face creeps me out every time. There ain't enough HTFU in the world to get over it

#4644 seacat

seacat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Sailing

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

Well, this thread keeps replaying itself over and over like a bad song stuck in your head..

We're leaving on a long trip, but here's a new post from Andy before I sign off...

From Andy - April, 23rd
Sleeping in the Jungle

Here are some audio clips that are representative of a typical night in the Guyanese Rainforest.

1) Nightly Torrential Downpours – it rains most nights in the rainforest but then again it does most days as well, hence the name (as I discovered firsthand). The sky is always indicating possible rain a head and every bushman has his own telltales of predicting the future, believe me. It never storms, however. Only once did I see a little peep of lightening and a little beep of thunder and that was on the coast. Just rain, lots and lots of rain. It's said to rain twice in the jungle: first when the atmosphere drops buckets on the forest below, and second, when that water finally makes its way through the dense canopy down past all the flora and hits me walking amongst the trees. Sometimes, by the time the second rain is finished another first rain is already getting started. Wet.

There aren't many blue skies to dry out with but if you're lucky enough to catch a blast of sun through an opening in the canopy it's likely to only last an hour or two. On the other hand, if you live in a clearing, as many of the miners and Amerindians do, then it's no problem drying your clothes in an afternoon, that is, if it doesn't rain. The weather though, is surprisingly temperate. It's not hot in the jungle. If you put some work in, then sure, you'll break a sweat but that's mostly because of the humidity. The HUMIDITY—the jungle must be the closest natural environment we have on Earth's land that is like living in a cloud. I wasn't able to measure it but I'm going to guess that the moisture content in the air bounces between 98%-100%. Another crucial lesson I was fortunate enough to learn organically.

Before departing into the jungle with the gold miners I asked the leader, Mr. Bell, what I should bring. He rattled off a short list of basics and highlighted that I should probably bring a sleeping bag of some sort for when it gets cold at night. Well, I thought to myself, sure a sleeping bag, right. Like I'm going to stuff yet another freaking thing in my exploding backpack to stay warm in the tropical rain forest. These people don't know what cold really is, I'm a Northerner buddy. You ever seen snow, didn't think so. I mean come on, this is South America. We're less than six degrees off the equator. I'll be fine with my little sleep sack that's as thin as a sheet. Sure wouldn't want to get too hot you know. Well, I tried to hold up that front for as long as I could, and did for many nights, until we got to the furthest point in the jungle on our trip. That's where it's cold, in the parts where you're smothered in dense green. With each new camp as we progressed into the rainforest, the miners would wake up before dawn kind of giggling with anticipation and curiosity about what I thought of things. One by one they would look to me and say (by spitting out some Creole which I'd then have to decipher) something along the lines of: "booy, it was cold last night buddy. AnhDy, you get cold, right?" And I'd reply, "na man, just a bit brisk, that's all." Then, "a little chilly, but I wouldn't call it cold." Finally, to the disappointment of my fellow Northerners, I woke one morning and just outright exclaimed "okay, last night cold. What the hell is this place? Where have I taken myself?" Now cold is a relative term in this instance but lets just say it was cold enough to wake you in the middle of the night and leave you fidgeting until morning. (I will note here that hammocks do not provide much insulation against, well, anything really. And, when you´re a newby trying to sleep a full night in one, fidgeting does indeed occur. After you get used to it, fantastic.) Seriously, I slept fully clothed in jeans, long sleeve shirt and two layers of socks. To guess, maybe it got down in the range of 50-60*F. So, it's not really the temperature so much as it is the moisture—the cloud effect. To my satisfaction the miners where freezing, shivering even.

Anyway, here is the clip.

I know that sounds like white noise but I assure you that's just a heavy rain. The kind of rain that rises a small river by six feet overnight, as I witnessed time and time again with shock. (All this, mind you, during their so called "dry" season.) One guy, an Amerindian from the Patamona Tribe who is also a miner, even told me a story about a time where he saw a river (the one I was staying on—spelled something like Echyrock and pronounced "itchy-rock") rise twenty-plus feet in as little as six hours! The power. That's the result when you are surrounded by jungle ridges on either side and all that rain has to funnel down a small river.

Posted Image

Photo: The gorge adjacent to Kaieteur Falls, carved out by the Potaro River.

2) Howler Monkeys - the mysterious Howler Monkey (Guyanan Red Howler, that is.). The elusive creatures that hang in leisure all day only to awake you in the night with their horrifying howling. And not just one, a whole pack. The first night I awoke to this experience I rocketed straight up in my hammock squirming all around. I might as well have been in a cold sweat but instead I was just a bit cold. I remember thinking, oh shhi– what's that noise? And how is it coming from all directions, whatever it is. Why am I the only one disturbed by this!? Something terrible is about to happen. We're under attack? At least these guys have guns at the camp but they probably can't hear over their own snoring. It was an amazing experience. Howling though, that's what someone else named it. I prefer to call it a long distance growl; the monkeys' roar can be heard for miles. If the jungle were to have a horror movie soundtrack, this would be it. It brings the feeling that something menacing is coming from the dark to evaporate all perpetrators. Coming perhaps, from the Heart of Darkness.

#4645 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,244 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

Pretty shot, sounds like he is having quite an adventure.

#4646 Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:02 AM

Any chance maybe there could be a ban on any further posting of that pic? The look on Rand's face creeps me out every time. There ain't enough HTFU in the world to get over it

okay,
well its a choice between these close runners for the best alternative limpoon pic:
Attached File  charles-manson-mugshot.jpg   13.29K   3 downloads Attached File  r9.jpg   26.79K   2 downloads Attached File  joker.jpg   151.93K   3 downloads Attached File  novosti-ria-konstantin-rodikov.n.jpg   59.09K   3 downloads Attached File  r43.jpg   102.01K   3 downloads Attached File  saonya.jpg   37.43K   3 downloads
and a choice between the type of effect that Limpoon hopes to generate:
Attached File  Flag-Pins-Guyana-Russia.jpg   67.14K   3 downloads Attached File  film.jpg   96.86K   3 downloads Attached File  R40.jpg   16.11K   4 downloads

Attached Files

#4647 Albatros

Albatros

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

Well, this thread keeps replaying itself over and over like a bad song stuck in your head..

We're leaving on a long trip, but here's a new post from Andy before I sign off...

From Andy - April, 23rd
Sleeping in the Jungle

so the great Weid soap has its first spin-off series ... Melrose jungle anyone ? B)

#4648 Remodel

Remodel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,394 posts
  • Interests:Sailboat racing and long distance cruising

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

From Andy - April, 23rd
Sleeping in the Jungle

so the great Weid soap has its first spin-off series ... Melrose jungle anyone ? B)

It must drive them crazy that the spin-off is much more well-written, informative and entertaining than the original.

#4649 Rich Frye

Rich Frye

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

From Andy - April, 23rd
Sleeping in the Jungle

It must drive them crazy that the spin-off is much more well-written, informative and entertaining than the original.

How many months at El Dorado and we have two post? I can't wait to hear what comes next after the 'miners be trippin'' and ' it gets cold here' posts...
And yes, they are still better written and more informative than the day-care mooching in an impoverished country Weids. Although not as much to laugh at. My input would be , how 'bout actual info from Drew on how goes the mining.

#4650 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,788 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

My input would be , how 'bout actual info from Drew on how goes the mining.

If he dug up anything interesting enough to talk about, he'd be smart not to talk about it.

#4651 Beer Can

Beer Can

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:27 AM

okay,
well its a choice between these close runners for the best alternative limpoon pic:
Attached File  charles-manson-mugshot.jpg   13.29K   3 downloads Attached File  r9.jpg   26.79K   2 downloads Attached File  joker.jpg   151.93K   3 downloads Attached File  novosti-ria-konstantin-rodikov.n.jpg   59.09K   3 downloads Attached File  r43.jpg   102.01K   3 downloads Attached File  saonya.jpg   37.43K   3 downloads
and a choice between the type of effect that Limpoon hopes to generate:
Attached File  Flag-Pins-Guyana-Russia.jpg   67.14K   3 downloads Attached File  film.jpg   96.86K   3 downloads Attached File  R40.jpg   16.11K   4 downloads

Looks like Rand is tweezing the hell out of those eyebrows. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

#4652 Somebody Else

Somebody Else

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,954 posts
  • Interests:Shootings, just like HotRod!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:45 AM

Looks like Rand is tweezing the hell out of those eyebrows that eyebrow.

This is what you meant, right?

#4653 Albatros

Albatros

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

aw shit, wrong thread, sorry folks !

Attached Files

#4654 auscat

auscat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

Racist hater.

Is you sure you isint dorag?

#4655 Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

My input would be , how 'bout actual info from Drew on how goes the mining.

If he dug up anything interesting enough to talk about, he'd be smart not to talk about it.

Another couple of weeks and he wont be sleeping, for fear of waking up and finding his phone, shoes and teeth fillings missing.

You dont walk into someones secret goldmine, carrying a device which blows the secret of where it is. That is Weido calibre dumb and probably the last mistake he will make... ever.

#4656 NickDG

NickDG

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

Posted Image

#4657 Cowcharge

Cowcharge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

Page 7? Bah.

#4658 aldo

aldo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts
  • Interests:Finding spoog for my face.

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:46 PM

Fuck off and let it die.

#4659 bugger

bugger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  • Interests:sailing

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

Is this thread dying? Or should it die? I thought about that for a while but need the entertainment.

There are suddenly a whole bunch of updates from the Cheesemonauts on their website (I can't be bothered copying and pasting). While there is less of the mystical this-and-that rubbish, and actually some nice descriptions of what they see, there is the usual quota of self-aggrandizement.

Notably absent is any discussion on the status of the boat or a planned departure date. Hurricane season is approaching.

#4660 WhoaTed

WhoaTed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Interests:Italian cars
    Beer
    A bunch of other stuff

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

Is this thread dying? Or should it die? I thought about that for a while but need the entertainment.

There are suddenly a whole bunch of updates from the Cheesemonauts on their website (I can't be bothered copying and pasting). While there is less of the mystical this-and-that rubbish, and actually some nice descriptions of what they see, there is the usual quota of self-aggrandizement.

Notably absent is any discussion on the status of the boat or a planned departure date. Hurricane season is approaching.

Prick.

#4661 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,167 posts
  • Interests:...pimping HOOTs
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

...errrm,,where's their site?....gottalink?..........curious minds n'all.........

#4662 bugger

bugger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  • Interests:sailing

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

Go there at your peril:

http://1000days.net/home/

#4663 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,167 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

AhAhAhHAHAHAHAH!!!.....just sooo much here,,,love it :)

Boatlife to the Rescue!
Tuesday, 29 May 2012
May 7, 2012
Supanaam

We are on an adventure in a wild far away place, but our mission, besides growing together towards God and inspiring the world, is to Save the Schooner Anne. As you know, she sailed longer on the high seas without stopping than any boat in history and she did it on contributions and virtually no budget. Thanks to the continued help of such companies as Boatlife we are attempting to rebuild the schooner.

When we originally built the schooner over thirty years ago we sailed the schooner raw down to the Caribbean to finish her off. Little did we know that the work would go on for many more years. One thing we learned was how to work on the schooner on the go in far away places on a small budget. That was part of my reasoning in choosing to come to Guyana. Then there was a long winter coming on in NYC and we didn’t have a host or place to stay. So off we sailed!

Before we left we tried to think of every thing we would need to accomplish this mission, somewhat like we did for the 1000 Day Voyage. Imagine thinking of everything you might need for three years and packing it up nice and tight! If it is not packed up waterproof, then it might be destroyed by the elements. We learned that by experience.
We contacted the companies that helped us for the 1000 Day Voyage and it was amazing how many of them said they had fallen upon hard times and couldn’t help us now.

Boatlife company was ready to help and asked us what we needed. I always try to be modest and not ask for too much and Boatlife supplied us with all our needs. The product they made and supplied us with is a rubbery, silicone-like sealant of different mixes for different jobs. When we laid down our wooden deck, we caulked all the seams with Boatlife. Now we are using Boatlife to re bed all of our windows, fittings and new deck woodwork. My experience over thirty years using Boatlife is that the product lasts forever. It has always been the surface or thing that it is attached to that breaks down. So we are doing the best we can to make sure that the work we do is long lasting. Thanks to Boatlife for helping to Save the Schooner Anne!
Attached File  dubfark.jpg   43.42K   22 downloadsAttached File  dubfark.jpg   43.42K   22 downloadsAttached File  dubfark.jpg   43.42K   22 downloadsAttached File  dubfark.jpg   43.42K   22 downloads

#4664 redviking

redviking

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

Surprised Oxy Clean hasn't sponsored him... I'll keep an eye on channel 342.

#4665 axolotl

axolotl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Camping

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

"We contacted the companies that helped us for the 1000 Day Voyage and it was amazing how many of them said they had fallen upon hard times and couldn’t help us now."

YCMTSU!

#4666 Albatros

Albatros

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

boatlife
boatlife
boatlife
boatlife
boatlife

back to yer regular program, sponsored by Boatlife, Parmeggiano cheese (shaken, not stirred) and Doyle rags

p.s. : Boatlife is the works, WORD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4667 soak_ed

soak_ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

boatlife
boatlife
boatlife
boatlife
boatlife

back to yer regular program, sponsored by Boatlife, Parmeggiano cheese (shaken, not stirred) and Doyle rags

p.s. : Boatlife is the works, WORD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jebus, I do love Parmigiano Reggiano. Maybe I can write them and tell them I live in Poland and I am planning to camp in my back yard for 1,000 days or so and they will send me a whole wheel of the stuff for sustenance. I would be in cheese heaven. That and real Swiss Emmentaler cheese. That's some mighty fine cheese too. Cheese, glorious cheese

#4668 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,244 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

"We contacted the companies that helped us for the 1000 Day Voyage and it was amazing how many of them said they had fallen upon hard times and couldn't help us now."

YCMTSU!

That is classic, I just about choked when I read it. Poon should be along any time now to blame the former sponsors declining to fund the mystic third world boatyard refit on us.

#4669 redviking

redviking

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:19 AM

That stuff must be pretty good down there. This was written after Soy bogarted the splif:

"When I climbed back on to our schooner, I saw Reid’s primitivist sculptures greeting me and I realize how even in the modern world, the one I grew up in, there are people who understand that society needs to return to some of this simplicity, some of this living with nature and awareness of man, earth and sky unity. The urbanites call it the “Green Movement” or “going green.” That’s why Reid and I were here expressing our urge to get back to nature. We represent those who have come full circle. We are the forerunners just like Reid always said, of humans who are seeking eternity while alive, with the earth, not just on the earth. "

Forerunners. Yeah, no worries, I'll give you that. I just haven't seen to many people packing up and to follow your "fore-running."

#4670 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,227 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:07 AM

AhAhAhHAHAHAHAH!!!.....just sooo much here,,,love it :)

Boatlife to the Rescue!
Tuesday, 29 May 2012
May 7, 2012
Supanaam

We are on an adventure in a wild far away place, but our mission, besides growing together towards God and inspiring the world, is to Save the Schooner Anne. As you know, she sailed longer on the high seas without stopping than any boat in history and she did it on contributions and virtually no budget. Thanks to the continued help of such companies as Boatlife we are attempting to rebuild the schooner.

When we originally built the schooner over thirty years ago we sailed the schooner raw down to the Caribbean to finish her off. Little did we know that the work would go on for many more years. One thing we learned was how to work on the schooner on the go in far away places on a small budget. That was part of my reasoning in choosing to come to Guyana. Then there was a long winter coming on in NYC and we didn't have a host or place to stay. So off we sailed!

Before we left we tried to think of every thing we would need to accomplish this mission, somewhat like we did for the 1000 Day Voyage. Imagine thinking of everything you might need for three years and packing it up nice and tight! If it is not packed up waterproof, then it might be destroyed by the elements. We learned that by experience.
We contacted the companies that helped us for the 1000 Day Voyage and it was amazing how many of them said they had fallen upon hard times and couldn't help us now.

Boatlife company was ready to help and asked us what we needed. I always try to be modest and not ask for too much and Boatlife supplied us with all our needs. The product they made and supplied us with is a rubbery, silicone-like sealant of different mixes for different jobs. When we laid down our wooden deck, we caulked all the seams with Boatlife. Now we are using Boatlife to re bed all of our windows, fittings and new deck woodwork. My experience over thirty years using Boatlife is that the product lasts forever. It has always been the surface or thing that it is attached to that breaks down. So we are doing the best we can to make sure that the work we do is long lasting. Thanks to Boatlife for helping to Save the Schooner Anne!
Attached File  dubfark.jpg   43.42K   22 downloadsAttached File  dubfark.jpg   43.42K   22 downloadsAttached File  dubfark.jpg   43.42K   22 downloadsAttached File  dubfark.jpg   43.42K   22 downloads

Boatlife -- that green product that is eating the rest of the boat.

Check out the 1000 days site picture of the "sand dune".

Posted Image

That's about as natural as Paris Hilton's left tit.

Y really CMTSU. Glad they are alive and well.

#4671 cscow1

cscow1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:water...

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:18 AM

Posted Image

That's about as natural as Paris Hilton's left tit.

Y really CMTSU. Glad they are alive and well.

Not to question your typically sincere posts, RD, but I swear....before going to the site to confirm, if you ARE making this shit up I am going to Void Ho Video spam the living piss out of you. For all his shortcomings, Weed's fashionable eyewear make it highly unlikely he saw that bit of sand and called it a "sand dune".

#4672 cscow1

cscow1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:water...

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:34 AM

I stand corrected.

One can only imagine how he might describe an actual sand dune, should he ever make it to the Great Lakes...

Posted Image

Edit: For the benefit of Wag aka "Great Lakes Sparky" aka Harpy...that body of water toward the upper right of the pic is Lake Michigan. Silver Lake, to the center/left, is a great lake but not among the Great Lakes.

#4673 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:49 AM

There has never been anything said, written, espoused, related, told or contributed on this forum which has actually been to anyone's benefit, with the possible exception of my erudite, pleasingly rational and occasionally informative posts.

#4674 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:00 AM

Reid & Soanya sound like a happy cruising couple, raising their seaborne spawned son in an exotic and interesting life, while like so many cruisers, they depend in part on the help of strangers; the financial largesse of friends and family back home to keep the sailing kitty from flowing in only one direction towards empty-in the sometimes poor albeit blissful islands of content in the cruising life, which quite often never contain quite so much the same poverty of the soul and heart as do many of the cities and towns of so-called civilized prosperity.

#4675 slap

slap

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:47 AM

Harpoon -

Thanks for the bump. I thought this thread was dying.

#4676 By the lee

By the lee

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:51 AM

Jebus, I do love Parmigiano Reggiano.

That stuffs the best. I get it here on the "Drive" which is Vans. little Italy. :rolleyes:

Btw, what colour will the baby be this time? :huh:

#4677 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,167 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:45 AM

Reid & Soanya sound like a happy cruising couple, raising their seaborne spawned son in an exotic and interesting life, while like so many cruisers, they depend in part on the help of strangers; the financial largesse of friends and family back home to keep the sailing kitty from flowing in only one direction towards empty-in the sometimes poor albeit blissful islands of content in the cruising life, which quite often never contain quite so much the same poverty of the soul and heart as do many of the cities and towns of so-called civilized prosperity.

...ah ,,smokin der bathsalts again,rya?!

Attached File  reidboat art.jpg   138.89K   4 downloadsAttached File  tinfoilman.jpg   12.87K   5 downloadsAttached File  up in smoke.jpg   8.43K   4 downloads

#4678 MaxHeadroom

MaxHeadroom

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:23 AM

...ah ,,smokin der bathsalts again,rya?!

Herpes was gone just long enough to complete and fail the Betty Ford (Or whatever Hoboken court ordered program he was sentenced to) 28 day spin and dry - And now is once again spun on meth - Can't wait for his next round of rage - Always entertaining

#4679 Albatros

Albatros

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

There has never been anything said, written, espoused, related, told or contributed on this forum which has actually been to anyone's benefit, with the possible exception of my erudite, pleasingly rational and occasionally informative posts.

don't know if Dorag will agree to the level of uniqueness you claim.

#4680 redboat

redboat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

Coming to a theater near you.............

http://ftp.michaelty... PRESS KIT .pdf

I'm actually more interested in seeing how Moitessier is portrayed.

Will Stowe drag out the Void Ho pajamas and face paint for this cinematic triumph?

#4681 aldo

aldo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts
  • Interests:Finding spoog for my face.

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

Let me translate that for you.

#4682 Rich Frye

Rich Frye

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:14 PM

... I always try to be modest and not ask for too much..

Best spit take, roll on the ground like an epileptic, drink went down the wrong pipe, fit of hilarity post ever.

#4683 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,244 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

Isn't this the part where you click your heels together three times and mutter "there's no place like home" over and over?. Funny, the people I know that are doing extended cruising worked hard, saved up their kitty, and live within their means. They take odd jobs to make ends meet, and when the money runs out they will get jobs again, and may wind up mothballing the boat for a while. They don't, however, expect other people to fund their lifestyle or make grandiose proclamations about all the wonderful things they are doing for humanity . Begging is not a career, Poon. It is an escape.

#4684 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:26 PM

Without the abusive responses, there may be about three pages of 'This is Ridiculous' left. One man's begging is another man's fundraising. One man's joke is another's entrant in sailors of the decade. Stowe is decidedly different, completely attuned to the music of his own drummer. He continues to live aboard and successfully sail his self-designed and built ship while under duress. Sailing for extreme lengths of time, and far off ports of call, which make his efforts well stand alone in the pantheon of those who chose to make their lives upon the sea. For dem who don't unnerstan dis concept, they're called sailors.

#4685 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:04 AM

Coming to a theater near you.............

http://ftp.michaelty... PRESS KIT .pdf

I'm actually more interested in seeing how Moitessier is portrayed.

Will Stowe drag out the Void Ho pajamas and face paint for this cinematic triumph?

Thanks for the link. I'll look forward to being able to see the film. Here's hoping it's good enough to win some awards and acclaim and not just disappear into the black hole of dire shorts.

#4686 Great White

Great White

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Interests:Racing, cruising, bicycle riding and touring, hiking, xcountry skiing.

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:19 AM

Isn't this the part where you click your heels together three times and mutter "there's no place like home" over and over?. Funny, the people I know that are doing extended cruising worked hard, saved up their kitty, and live within their means. They take odd jobs to make ends meet, and when the money runs out they will get jobs again, and may wind up mothballing the boat for a while. They don't, however, expect other people to fund their lifestyle or make grandiose proclamations about all the wonderful things they are doing for humanity . Begging is not a career, Poon. It is an escape.

+1, thats my friends and other people I know.

#4687 Rich Frye

Rich Frye

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:27 AM

Best spit take, roll on the ground like an epileptic, drink went down the wrong pipe, fit of hilarity post ever.

I should note that 'couch' did not spew the above quote. Should be obvious who did.

Hey 'Poon...filibuster.

#4688 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,244 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:35 AM

I should note that 'couch' did not spew the above quote. Should be obvious who did.

Hey 'Poon...filibuster.

Hater.

#4689 Albatros

Albatros

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:16 AM

Sailing Drifting for extreme lengths of time, and far off ports of call, which make his efforts well stand alone in the pantheon of those who chose to make their lives upon the sea others. For dem who don't unnerstan dis concept, they're called sailors drifter-grifters.

Boatlife
Boatlife
Boatlife
Boatlife

#4690 Rich Frye

Rich Frye

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

Always been a Sikaflex man myself.

Now folks, what we had yesterday is what's called spitting the hook. We had a big nasty junkfish on and he deleted his post. Let's see if it won't take the bait and run for the unpteenth time...

Hey 'Poon...filibuster...

#4691 Aloha 27

Aloha 27

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:53 PM

... I always never try to be modest and not ask for too much..

Fixed.

#4692 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,227 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:24 AM

Purpleheart Wood for the Schooner Tuesday, 12 June 2012 June 11, 2012

Supanaam

I have written before about my long relationship with Purpleheart wood from Guyana. It goes back to 1971 when I first saw the wood and heard its unforgettable name in New Zealand aboard the 26 foot gaff rigged cutter Plumbelly. The Purpleheart beam we now have on the deck was a long time coming. Since we got to Guyana we had a lot of opportunities to get wood. There is a lumber mill within sight of us just up the river, but we have a very low budget so I had to wait for the right opportunity. There are giant rafts of wood that float down the river next to us, but the wood is not milled. Our boat builder friend Nato is now working on his fifth boat in the fifty to sixty foot range. His wood is chainsaw milled for his frames and planks. Some of the planks that are floated up to the shore of his boat yard are two by eight inches and 50 feet long so that one plank stretches the length of the boat. He has been offering us this wood but I just couldn’t figure out how to work with such freshly cut rough wood. Nato’s brother Chevon is also a boat builder, but now he is cutting wood out of the jungle with a portable bandsaw type mill. I have noticed that most of the Greenheart and Moro wood that they use warps incredibly, but they know how to use the wood to their advantage. So I asked Chevon to find some Purpleheart wood for me and I gave him the sizes we needed.

I would like to go up into the jungle with them but we have chosen to stay on the malaria free coastal area and I don’t want to risk it by going up into the jungle. We have had so much work to do on the schooner that I have not been in any hurry to get the wood we need to put around the top of our bulwarks. Finally the wood arrived and we stacked and covered it in Nato’s boatyard. We carried one 31 foot by 2 by 6 inch plank out to the schooner with our Boston Whaler and hoisted it up on deck with our halyards. First we used a twice as light one inch thick plank to get some experience and now we are almost ready to try to fit out and bolt on a big plank. This is very exciting and a little intimidating to have such a piece of wood on the deck ready to become a part of the schooner.

We still have a lot of other jobs going on around the schooner such as rebuilding the Purpleheart wood floor in the cargo hold. We are trying to patch every leak and crack in the fiberglass hull inside and out. We are mostly done outside and the schooner has a very patchy look that blends in with the jungle. We don’t intend to finish paint the schooner until the very end of our rebuild job. Fiberglas repairs inside the schooner require removing woodwork and insulation and putting it all back together again. We have been rebuilding the interior carpentry and sanding and varnishing it outside as we go. We have mostly used tropical hardwoods on the interior and they are varnishing up really beautifully. Most of the wood has sheen so when one looks into the wood closely it appears to have shiny layers whose dimensions can be looked into.

It is all a lot of hard work but it is satisfying and we must Save the Mighty Schooner. At this point I must add that our biggest difficulty is getting the modest amount of money we need t do the job. Anybody who thinks it was a worthy endeavor to sail on the high seas longer than any man or woman or boat in history, please help us out so we can save the boat that did it and return to civilization. We receive donations through the Pay Pal on our website and we have a tax deductible partner on the front page of our website. We welcome personal letters from anyone interested in talking to us about how we can go forward.

Best wishes to all.

#4693 Somebody Else

Somebody Else

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,954 posts
  • Interests:Shootings, just like HotRod!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:11 AM

That's a pretty neat update. It sounds honest and sincere.

#4694 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,225 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:53 AM

Reid has purple wood?
He should see a doctor about that.

#4695 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

funny that the last word on a forum of much more than a hundred thousand views is a dick joke.

#4696 Albatros

Albatros

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

the modest amount of money....yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn

always good to hear from the grifting furriner

BOATLIFE
BOATLIFE
BOATLIFE
BOATLIFE
BOATLIFE

#4697 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,167 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

''We carried one 31 foot by 2 by 6 inch plank out to the schooner with our Boston Whaler and hoisted it up on deck with our halyards.''

...WTF!!,,,where did the 'boston whaler' come from??? :blink:
.......never heard or saw mention of that before <_<

...anyone wanna check a few police reports,,juss'ayin

''We welcome personal letters from anyone interested in talking to us about how we can go forward.''
..sounds like they're losing confidence about -ever- leaving guyana,different than their origional plan,,which had them back by spring?? :blink: :lol:

#4698 Cowcharge

Cowcharge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

"Before we left we tried to latch onto every sucker we could find to pay for everything we would need to accomplish this mission, somewhat like we did for the 1000 Day Voyage. Imagine conning enough people to give you everything you might need for three years and packing it up nice and tight! If it is not packed up waterproof, then it might be destroyed by the elements. We learned that by experience the last time a bunch of free stuff got spoiled through our "what, me worry?" maintenance policy.
We contacted the companies that helped us for the 1000 Day Voyage and it was amazing to no one but me how many of them said there was no way in Hell they were going to be suckered into being laughingstocks again, with another negative-return investment in a floating wreck full of lazy, mooching, New-Age moonbat hippies."

"Boatlife company said they had a bunch of outdated LifeCaulk that the EPA was threatening to bankrupt them over if they didn't move it out of the wetlands behind the factory, and that shipping it to Guyana was much cheaper than proper disposal or fines. I always try to beg as much out of each sucker as I can, but this was the best I could do, now that everyone except that filmmaker that thinks this is a wooden boat knows what we're really about. The product they made and supplied us with is a rubbery, silicone-like sealant that came from bad batches mixed by drunken scabs during a strike. When we laid down our wooden deck, we caulked all the seams with Boatlife bought by my parents. Now we are using Boatlife to re bed all of our windows, fittings and new deck woodwork in the rotten, worm-eaten, unvarnished wood that underlies everything onboard. My experience over thirty years using Boatlife is that the product lasts forever. It has always been the surface or thing that it is attached to that breaks down when you spend less than ten minutes a year to maintain it. So we are doing the best we can to make sure that we squeeze every last ounce of the stuff into Anne like Botox into Heidi Montag, so that when the schooner finally gets too tired to float, we can ball up all the LifeCaulk into a LifeRaft. Thanks to Boatlife for helping to Save Us All From Our Inevitable Demise!"

"I would like to go up into the jungle with them but that would entail work, and I don't want to risk it by going up into the jungle. We have had so much sight-seeing and bad sculpting to do that I have not been in any hurry to get the wood we need to put around the top of our bulwarks. Finally the lazy ungrateful natives did my work for me and wood arrived and we stacked and covered it in Nato's boatyard. We carried one 31 foot by 2 by 6 inch plank out to the schooner with the half-sunken Boston Whaler we mooched from the natives and hoisted it up on deck with our halyards. Fortunately the rotten masts held despite the lack of cotter pins in the "rigging", and now I have a huge chunk of green wood for my indentured servants to so something with while I make more tool boxes that are too heavy to lift and too small to hold much because of all the stupid carvings I cover them with, inside and out."

''We welcome personal checks from anyone interested in paying for us to continue to sit on our asses watching poor Guyanese fight to keep the Ugly American afloat.''

Fixed it.

So WhorePoon thinks that all cruisers are moochers, huh? Sort of casts doubt on his claims of thousands of miles of blue water experience, doesn't it?

#4699 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

"Before we left we tried to latch onto every sucker we could find to pay for everything we would need to accomplish this mission, somewhat like we did for the 1000 Day Voyage. Imagine conning enough people to give you everything you might need for three years and packing it up nice and tight! If it is not packed up waterproof, then it might be destroyed by the elements. We learned that by experience the last time a bunch of free stuff got spoiled through our "what, me worry?" maintenance policy.
We contacted the companies that helped us for the 1000 Day Voyage and it was amazing to no one but me how many of them said there was no way in Hell they were going to be suckered into being laughingstocks again, with another negative-return investment in a floating wreck full of lazy, mooching, New-Age moonbat hippies."

"Boatlife company said they had a bunch of outdated LifeCaulk that the EPA was threatening to bankrupt them over if they didn't move it out of the wetlands behind the factory, and that shipping it to Guyana was much cheaper than proper disposal or fines. I always try to beg as much out of each sucker as I can, but this was the best I could do, now that everyone except that filmmaker that thinks this is a wooden boat knows what we're really about. The product they made and supplied us with is a rubbery, silicone-like sealant that came from bad batches mixed by drunken scabs during a strike. When we laid down our wooden deck, we caulked all the seams with Boatlife bought by my parents. Now we are using Boatlife to re bed all of our windows, fittings and new deck woodwork in the rotten, worm-eaten, unvarnished wood that underlies everything onboard. My experience over thirty years using Boatlife is that the product lasts forever. It has always been the surface or thing that it is attached to that breaks down when you spend less than ten minutes a year to maintain it. So we are doing the best we can to make sure that we squeeze every last ounce of the stuff into Anne like Botox into Heidi Montag, so that when the schooner finally gets too tired to float, we can ball up all the LifeCaulk into a LifeRaft. Thanks to Boatlife for helping to Save Us All From Our Inevitable Demise!"

"I would like to go up into the jungle with them but that would entail work, and I don't want to risk it by going up into the jungle. We have had so much sight-seeing and bad sculpting to do that I have not been in any hurry to get the wood we need to put around the top of our bulwarks. Finally the lazy ungrateful natives did my work for me and wood arrived and we stacked and covered it in Nato's boatyard. We carried one 31 foot by 2 by 6 inch plank out to the schooner with the half-sunken Boston Whaler we mooched from the natives and hoisted it up on deck with our halyards. Fortunately the rotten masts held despite the lack of cotter pins in the "rigging", and now I have a huge chunk of green wood for my indentured servants to so something with while I make more tool boxes that are too heavy to lift and too small to hold much because of all the stupid carvings I cover them with, inside and out."

''We welcome personal checks from anyone interested in paying for us to continue to sit on our asses watching poor Guyanese fight to keep the Ugly American afloat.''

Fixed it.

So WhorePoon thinks that all cruisers are moochers, huh? Sort of casts doubt on his claims of thousands of miles of blue water experience, doesn't it?

actually, it was your ugly mother fucker who asked me for money last time she came over to suck my dick. i gave her the usual two dollar fee for her toothless slobbering lousy bj, and she rightfully complained she couldn't buy nearly any crack for that, so she'd have to resort to cuntinuing to sell her long used up big hairy 'n wide cuntal crack fer cheap. then she complained bout her no good idjit of an asshole son who wastes his fukin time thinkin he's being clever and sarcastic on sailing fuking anarchy. some asshole hell spawned no good b'stard who's evidentslly calling hisself my mother's a cow____>>>> charge----- @ r stowe even though him i don't even know.

#4700 narecet

narecet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

We contacted the companies that helped us for the 1000 Day Voyage and it was amazing to no one but me how many of them said there was no way in Hell they were going to be suckered into being laughingstocks again, with another negative-return investment in a floating wreck full of lazy, mooching, New-Age moonbat hippies." [snip]

actually, it was your ugly mother fucker who asked me for money last time she came over to suck my dick. i gave her the usual two dollar fee for her toothless slobbering lousy bj, and she rightfully complained she couldn't buy nearly any crack for that, so she'd have to resort to cuntinuing to sell her long used up big hairy 'n wide cuntal crack fer cheap. then she complained bout her no good idjit of an asshole son who wastes his fukin time thinkin he's being clever and sarcastic on sailing fuking anarchy. some asshole hell spawned no good b'stard who's evidentslly calling hisself my mother's a cow____>>>> charge----- @ r stowe even though him i don't even know.

If people are known by the company they keep, then you're doing a fine job for Reid, Harpoon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users