5036 replies to this topic

#4901 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,511 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

gator has been calling for an end to the jewish state on these insane pages for years. too many of you cocksuckers make light of it, and dismiss him as harmless, while his patholgically consistent verbiage calling for genocide against jews becomes more virulent and the so called admin. here continues to allow this walking talking glock owning hate crime waiting to happen to spread his filth in this sewer of servile syncophants- some without conscience.

I have no idea who Gaytor is, although its mildly entertaining to read your POV on him and being a Marine I dont take kindly to thoughts like that... probably not a good idea for me and this Gaytor to be in the same room with no windows... alone... he might get hurt, severely

An Internet tough guy.

Now this thread has everything.

Think you'll find he's genuine.

My link

#4902 Drop Bear.

Drop Bear.

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Interests:none.

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

gator has been calling for an end to the jewish state on these insane pages for years. too many of you cocksuckers make light of it, and dismiss him as harmless, while his patholgically consistent verbiage calling for genocide against jews becomes more virulent and the so called admin. here continues to allow this walking talking glock owning hate crime waiting to happen to spread his filth in this sewer of servile syncophants- some without conscience.

I have no idea who Gaytor is, although its mildly entertaining to read your POV on him and being a Marine I dont take kindly to thoughts like that... probably not a good idea for me and this Gaytor to be in the same room with no windows... alone... he might get hurt, severely

An Internet tough guy.

Now this thread has everything.

Think you'll find he's genuine.

My link

Sure, he's a marine. I wasn't doubting that.

But everything said after that is Internet nonsense.

#4903 redboat

redboat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,270 posts
  • Interests:none

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

as for your hero RS, he's planning to construct a modest new South American nautically themed green eco friendly money making enterprise up a lazy river. u just can't stop the guy's free market enterprising exuberant spirit to provide for his family. it seems to know no bounds.

in other words, his wood & cheap labor grifting stint ?

yikes :rolleyes:

Tantraland? Club Weid?

Send your tax deductible contributions today..

#4904 bugger

bugger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Interests:sailing

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:06 PM

The first rule of business is to sell something that others want to buy.

What can R and S sell that others want to buy?

I continue to find this thread incredibly entertaining. But I don't know how *they* can monetize that.

#4905 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,148 posts
  • Interests:...pimping HOOTs
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:03 PM

haters, all of you, just you wait for 'Poon to come and set y'all right !!!

..did he maybe,just maybe,,,hopefully get banned for his words of loving kindness in that 'other' thread :)

you're hoping i was banned one moment and want me to tell more the next?

you're as SA crazy as gaytor.

he says
i hope israel dies
a thousand times
i hope they destroy the jewish state
nuke em to death
serves em right
it's only fair
kill the dirty zionists

and then if i confront the neo nazi lowlife scumbag enough taking his idiocy to task he says

'oh, did i say that?'
i didn't mean it.
i don't wish harm on zionists or jews.

it's the result of a fascist mob abusive mentality allowed to run rampant on SA for fucking far too long

...for just -one- second,,I thought that maybe you had joined the ranks of other civil,coherent posters :unsure:

....you proved me wrong <_<

#4906 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

I'm glad Reid and family are happy and healthy. But besides his family, friends and SA, no one really gives a shit.

#4907 bongholio

bongholio

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

Indeed. Throughout all of these glorious summer months the painting, carving, teaching, groveling and pontificating have continued in earnest but, the underlying question still remains unanswered.

WHAT ABOUT THE RUDDER?

#4908 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:32 AM

Indeed. Throughout all of these glorious summer months the painting, carving, teaching, groveling and pontificating have continued in earnest but, the underlying question still remains unanswered.

WHAT ABOUT THE RUDDER?

Check the Gold Digger thread.

#4909 MaxHeadroom

MaxHeadroom

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:22 AM

it's the result of a fascist mob abusive mentality allowed to run rampant on SA for fucking far too long

So what part of Anarchy don't you get?????? Are you truly that fucked up on Meth?

Your a part of this mob along with the rest of us!!!!.

Mr Pot, meet Mr Kettle.

FFS

#4910 Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:16 AM

you gotta love the way Reid prays to everything, just to cover his bases. Its as though he is truly lost, and has absolutely no faith in anything. And now at his age, stuck up a river with a busted rudder, zero incoming with paypal, and running out of shyt to do fingerpainting, he now wonders how he can sustain his lifestyle....... doh. So come on ye faithful, dig deep and paypal Reid another can of beans... Nothing more entertaining than a slow darwin award, or suenyas realisation that the water surrounding their boat is full of their own garbage.. doh to the power of 10. cmon poon, send them fresh supplies. Surely your monthly rouble allowance can extend to that..

#4911 Aloha 27

Aloha 27

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

WHAT ABOUT THE RUDDER?

Pay attention!
Steering has been modified and is now done with two lines to the chainplates.

Willie supervised this operation. It's good to go!

#4912 Ironweed

Ironweed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:57 AM

Does anyone know what ever happened to that fellow that went into the jungle with the gold miners?

#4913 Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:34 AM

when they find his skull it will be recognizable because it WONT have any teeth fillings.

#4914 axolotl

axolotl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Camping

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:36 AM

Hey Pilgrims! There's a really good show, Gold Miners, on the Discovery Channel that exposes what former crew Whoo-zits is experiencing. There is a gold rush in Guyana, people are making major money and the former crew guy is involved in a gold rush bonanza 2012. Let us pray he is not dead and is doing well. Any misssives from the long lost crew?

#4915 WhoaTed

WhoaTed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Interests:Italian cars
    Beer
    A bunch of other stuff

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:21 AM

August Monday
Tuesday, 14 August 2012
August 9, 2012
Supanaam...(PARTY PARTY PARTY boat boat beach blah blah blah)...We were told the police shut down the music at six o clock but everyone went somewhere else after that to party until the wee hours of the morning. They called it the "Washdown."

We returned to the schooner at sunset, happy that we went after all. I was especially glad to see how many children there were having fun with the adults and how teenagers came with their parents but found their own fun and could still check each other out. In America, parents and teenagers don't really party together and children don't party with adults, but in this place there was fun for everyone.

Awww, that's just Jobbie Nooner...all the Lake St. Clair white trash know about that one. SHEEE-it, bro...

#4916 pipsqueak

pipsqueak

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

as for your hero RS, he's planning to construct a modest new South American nautically themed green eco friendly money making enterprise up a lazy river. u just can't stop the guy's free market enterprising exuberant spirit to provide for his family. it seems to know no bounds.

wow. how out of touch with reality can this guy get!
*no need to answer that.
i don't think there will be too much eco tourism since the state dept of Canada and U.S. have issued travel warnings following the recent riots.
here is Canada's tw..the U.S. is similar but in pfd form so i won't link it here.
http://www.voyage.gc...g.asp?id=116000

this video is very graphic.. i personally did not watch it as i saw some of the photos published on local blogs already, too brutal.

Posted Image
so sad for guyana..

#4917 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,148 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:24 AM

hopefully things remain quiet upriver :unsure:

#4918 Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:55 AM

The rioters probably got sick and tired of a grifter throwing rubbish in their river. Reid is like a flaming parcel on your doorstep. Leaves you wondering whether it will self extinguish, or whether you need to get your fluffy slippers singed. My money is on him self extinguishing. Even third world countries get sick of grifters eventually.

#4919 Beer Can

Beer Can

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

The first rule of business is to sell something that others want to buy.

What can R and S sell that others want to buy?

I continue to find this thread incredibly entertaining. But I don't know how *they* can monetize that.

If Reid or Sonya had the ability to write AND even a hint of a sense of humor about themselves, they might be able to sell something. Let's face it, they have had some interesting/different experiences. The problem is that they take themselves so damn seriously and their writing is ponderous at best.

#4920 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,249 posts
  • Interests:~~/)/)~~

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

Hey look!

Something actually drifted longer than Reid!

#4921 Albatros

Albatros

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

Hey look!

Something actually drifted longer than Reid!

yeah, but you'll have to admit that a mars analogous mission outweighs a North sea deep current survey by far, no ? but then on the other hand, probably there is more spirit to be found in that bottle B)

#4922 Windward

Windward

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts
  • Interests:Building and managing websites using the Umbraco CMS

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

Will be a month since the last update on Friday, so its not looking good.

Between these folks and the 3200 ft catamaran in Marin, has everyone taken a European holiday?

#4923 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,148 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:33 AM

..windward,,it looks like you're touched with a certain telepathic wisdom..........

...sorry to hear about mom,glad they're going to fix the rudder!

Unexpected Turn Wednesday, 12 September 2012 Supanaam
Sept.9, 2012

Here our story of The Voyage to the Mystic Jungles of Guyana takes an unexpected turn.

I knew my Mom, Anne, the namesake of our schooner, was going into the hospital for shoulder surgery. We emailed everyday during the 1000 Day voyage and even in the wilds of Guyana we managed to find a skype connection so we had short little chats regularly. I was very surprised when my sister Mary emailed me saying, "Here is your ticket home, Mom has had complications and now the doctors are saying she might not make it." I quickly arranged for our best helper, Rocky, to move on the schooner with his pregnant wife and look after Soanya and Darshen. The next day I caught a ferry out of Supenaam across the Essequibbo river, caught a bus to the Georgetown airport and flew home to North Carolina. I was praying that I could lay my hands on her and heal her. My brother and his son picked me up at the airport and gave me the news that Mom had just died. Mom was the most wonderful mother anyone could have and I soon found out she had touched and made many more people feel special than I knew. She and my Dad Harry are both 83 and have been married 62 years They had just moved into an old folks home. I couldn't understand why they did that because they were both so healthy and full of life. When I hugged my Dad, he cried for the first time I had seen him cry in my whole life. With tears in my eyes and no forethought I told him I wanted to bring my family back and live with him in the family home. He agreed that was what he wanted to do. Mom was the oldest and the loved matriarch of a big extended family. The church was packed for her memorial and she was hailed as a saint.

When Soanya called, I told her what I felt I had to do and she understood, always on the same wavelength and supportive. Now we plan to try to finish up what work we can do in the next month and leave Guyana to haul out and re build the rudder. Getting out of Guyana will be a lot of work and it won't be easy navigating for two days through uncharted mudbanks on the fast flowing river. I'll be relieved to be on blue water again. Hauling out will be a difficult job for me because at this moment our little family is alone and with out crew.

Anybody who wants to come down and sail with us is welcome to give us an email. We plan to be in Guyana until the beginning of October. Then we will sail to Trinidad to haul out (tentatively). We will make various stops up island and plan to sail to Wilmington NC after the huricane season, the second week in November to arrive in the US around the beginning of December.

I framed a picture of Mom dated it, and screwed it to the very front of the interior of the pilote house. She will guide and look after us as she did on the 1000 Day Voyage. She will give us strength and courage to come home and be with her Man.

#4924 Drop Bear.

Drop Bear.

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Interests:none.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

" I was praying that I could lay my hands on her and heal her."

Ffs.

#4925 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,148 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

Ffs.

...I guess he's limited to healing the living :mellow:

#4926 Beer Can

Beer Can

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

I don't want to make light of anyone's death but what does it say about him that he thought he could have healed her with his hands? Well, at least his financial worries may be temporarily relieved.

#4927 MaxHeadroom

MaxHeadroom

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

Better hit the blessed paypal button folks - The brothers in Trini tend to look poorly on grifters sailors without the funds to pay for things like haulout, chocking and hard storage.... Perhaps they will trade out some rain forest lumber the bring with them on the trip

No Cash, No Splash....

#4928 Beer Can

Beer Can

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

Better hit the blessed paypal button folks - The brothers in Trini tend to look poorly on grifters sailors without the funds to pay for things like haulout, chocking and hard storage.... Perhaps they will trade out some rain forest lumber the bring with them on the trip

No Cash, No Splash....

I see his emotional reunion with his old man (with the waterfront North Carolina property) as potentially impacting his financial situation.

#4929 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,224 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

Ffs.

Stowe is Stowe, but we need to leave him be for this. Losing loved ones is off limits. My condolences to him and his family.

#4930 redviking

redviking

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

Ffs.

Stowe is Stowe, but we need to leave him be for this. Losing loved ones is off limits. My condolences to him and his family.

Agreed. I actually am starting to feel sorry for him. In theory, his plan to sail non-stop wasn't really that bad. Sure, he muddied the waters with nonsense, but in reality he did drift around the world and made it back in one piece, and expected a book deal and other cash flow options which were not forthcoming. Must be disappointing. Then he tries to save his boat, which by all accounts must be disappointing. Now he's moving back home to live with Dad, must be disappointing. Life is full of disappointments, but he must feel like Job or something... I know - fix it for me - He must feel like getting a JOB - did it for you. But, for once, I actually feel sorry for our favorite grifter sailorman!

#4931 soak_ed

soak_ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

I know that ridiculing Reid is the favorite past time of many here at SA however the man's mother just died. If making fun of a situation like that makes you feel better I am pretty sure you have more problems than Reid Stowe will ever have. Sometimes there is a fine line between being an anarchist and being an asshole.

I offer my sincere condolences to Reid and his family in their time of loss.

If you can't do the same perhaps you should just STFU and resume the ridicule after a reasonable time has passed.

#4932 soak_ed

soak_ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

No Cash, No Splash....

You sir are a cuntwad of the first order.

But we already knew that didn't we.

#4933 Beer Can

Beer Can

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

I know that ridiculing Reid is the favorite past time of many here at SA however the man's mother just died. If making fun of a situation like that makes you feel better I am pretty sure you have more problems than Reid Stowe will ever have. Sometimes there is a fine line between being an anarchist and being an asshole.

I offer my sincere condolences to Reid and his family in their time of loss.

If you can't do the same perhaps you should just STFU and resume the ridicule after a reasonable time has passed.

Point well taken.

#4934 Ironweed

Ironweed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

My condolences to RS. It is hard to lose a parent and I'm glad he is altering his plans to head back home. It remains to be seen if the boat makes it to blue water.

#4935 redboat

redboat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,270 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:55 PM

Ffs.

Agreed. Condolences are due. Mom and Dad were certainly loving and patient parents without whose support RS could not have embarked on his escapades.

#4936 Remodel

Remodel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts
  • Interests:Sailboat racing and long distance cruising

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

Ffs.

Agreed. Condolences are due. Mom and Dad were certainly loving and patient parents without whose support RS could not have embarked on his escapades.

Condolences indeed. The loss of a parent is keenly felt, and i am sorry for him.

That said, it's sad that he gave more space to eulogizing over a dead seabird than his own mother.

#4937 bugger

bugger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:05 AM

Lastest update from the Cheesemonauts......

Leaving Supanaam

Saturday, 22 September 2012

After seven months tied to the bamboo jungle in Supanaam, it was finally time for us to leave. Joe, who owns some great old tug boats from the 1950’s, invited us to Wakenaam, one of many islands on the wide Essequibo River delta. Joe exports raw molasses out of Guyana to ports in the Caribbean that make rum. He bought some of the tugs in NY and I remembered them from my stay in NYC. We loved Supanaam and were sad to leave, not knowing if we would ever be able to make it back to this hidden and isolated paradise.

After so many months anchored in the fast flowing jungle river, it was not easy getting our anchors up. Our best helper, Rocky who is 21, brought his pregnant wife Jessica along to live with us during our stay at Joe’s in Wakenaam. A few friends helped us get our anchor up, then Rocky rowed them to shore and dropped them off while Soanya and I maneuvered the schooner until Rocky got back. (We are still steering the schooner with ropes to the back of the rudder and have decided this is the way we will sail back home to North Carolina if we can’t get the rudder fixed during our stay at Joe’s tug and barge dock.)

We motored slowly past the moored boats and ferry docks, waving and shouting good- bye to everybody. We then turned our gaze into the morning sun rising in the east across the Essequibo River to search for our landmarks on the Wakenaam coast. The Supanaam is a narrow river that flows ”black” when the tide goes out and empties out into the Essequibo which is always a light muddy shade, but is also beautiful. The expanses widened up until we could see the broad and beckoning North Atlantic. We powered against a strong sinking tide and crept slowly alongside the most obvious tugboat in a cluster of four. A man stepped out of the shade just as we arrived and threw our mooring lines over the big bollards of the tugboat. With some heaving, Rocky and I secured the schooner. What a coincidence it was to find ourselves next to a group of old barges and tug boats from NYC.

The foreman invited me up to see the boss and Joe graciously and proudly showed me around his home and boats. He is a hands-on man with boat and motor experience beginning in his childhood. He asked each of his workers if they had the right size bolts and gave advice as we toured each boat. The 1950’s tugboats are from an era of great style and he keeps them in great shape.

Now we have a little over a month until we plan to leave Guyana on the first of November. I am beginning to realize that we will never get all of the jobs I hoped to do finished when I returned from my week in America. I will focus on getting the schooner looking good and as seaworthy as possible before we set off. We don’t have any committed crew for any of the legs of the voyage yet. We are tentatively planning to stop in Barbados and the Virgin Islands on our way back to North Carolina and hope some of our friends are ready for adventure on the schooner ANNE.

#4938 Beer Can

Beer Can

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

Can a boat be "as seaworthy as possible" or is it seaworthy?

#4939 Great White

Great White

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Interests:Racing, cruising, bicycle riding and touring, hiking, xcountry skiing.

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:51 AM

So it doesn't sound like any more refit, a haulout or any real work will be done.

#4940 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,148 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:26 AM

''We are still steering the schooner with ropes to the back of the rudder and have decided this is the way we will sail back home to North Carolina if we can’t get the rudder fixed during our stay at Joe’s tug and barge dock.'' :mellow:

''We don’t have any committed crew for any of the legs of the voyage yet. We are tentatively planning to stop in Barbados and the Virgin Islands on our way back to North Carolina and hope some of our friends are ready for adventure on the schooner ANNE''

...since when was North Carolina their 'home'??

...maybe they should post on crew-pool anarchy,,,low-cost vacation folks :)

#4941 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,148 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:29 AM

So it doesn't sound like any more refit, a haulout or any real work will be done.

...maybe the new sucker friend,joe will come through!!
...good times on th'Anne!!! :lol:

#4942 Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

Dont tell me the bottom feeders are still grifting their way around guyana ? What happened to the scores of willing crew ? Slunk away to the forest, never to be seen again eh... Sounding like its time for another consignment Weido..

#4943 redboat

redboat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,270 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

The luv voyage continues. Weid relies on the luv and kindness of others around him to stumble from day to day. Now this fellow Joe who sounds like a resouceful sort who might very well have the ability to McGyver a more permanent rudder solution than ropes.

Then "home " to North Carolina where he will no doubt move into the family digs and soak up whatever family luv and $$$$ he might be able to suck up.

Will the schooner Tantra revisit her old trade route and load up with cash cargo? Drugs or hardwood? Where would he have to clear customs if he goes to the Carolinas?

All aboard. This might be the last opportunity for anyone to voyage on the cheese scow. Come on Rand and Jesse. Show your luv.

#4944 bugger

bugger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Latest news from the Cheesemonauts

Pulling out the Fore Mast
Wednesday, 10 October 2012
October 7, 2012
Wakenaam, Guyana

Our biggest news here is that we finally got one of our masts out and laying down on the shore where we can chase out some rot and refinish them. This was a long time coming and the masts are quite crusty and will love to be cared for and refinished and brought back to their original beauty.

Our friend Joe, who has a big operation shipping raw molasses out of Guyana invited us over pull out the masts with his big hydraulic excavator. The arm on the excavator was just long enough to lift the foremast out and because it couldn't take hold of the mast high enough, when the mast came out of it's hole it swung sideways. That was a little disconcerting, but we had the mast lashed twice to the bucket of the excavator. We got her laid down comfortably and have already stripped her and made our first splice.

Rocky and Jessica are our only helpers now and it is a big job for us. I have been asking around for more workers, but they say it is rice harvest season now and everybody is occupied. All the landings have piles of rice sacs full of rice in the shell they call "paddy."

We have been really busy trying to keep up with our schedule of departing here the first week in November, so we can set off from St Thomas for Wilmington NC and arrive the beginning of December before the winter storms begin. We have a few people sailing out of here with us and a few more meeting us in St. Thomas for the ocean voyage back. We are still considering a few more adventurous souls who want to experience the ocean on the mighty, mythic, but flawed Schooner Anne.

It will be quite a change for us after almost a year isolated beyond other foreign boats and travelers.

#4945 Somebody Else

Somebody Else

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts
  • Interests:Shootings, just like HotRod!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

One of the things I don't get about people who insist on traditional boat-building is that many of their cherished features really only persisted because better engineering and materials simply weren't available or because the economic climate and availability and cost of materials was profoundly different.

Take solid wooden masts: Up until around 150 years ago, trees were free for the cutting. I guess in Guyana they may still be if you don't get caught. They were meant to have a service life of a few years, after which time they would usually be checked or sprung beyond repair.

Same deal with many of the popular Baltimore Clipper-style yachts, revenuers or warship replicas; those ships were not built to last; they were meant to be built cheaply with available material, not fall apart in a gale, and earn a profit for their owners (or win a battle). The so-called "tall ships" of this era -- the brigantines and topmast schooners and their ilk -- were cheap to build when they were designed; not so much, these days.

Romanticising beyond that simple reality is one of the things that sort of creeps me out about "schooner people."

#4946 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,148 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

'' I have been asking around for more workers, but they say it is rice harvest season now and everybody is occupied.''

.....can't imagine why people are passing on such an opportunity!!!...................go figure!

#4947 Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

shipping barrels of molasses ? You mean that brown sticky stuff that bears an amazingly close resemblance to hashish ?
yeah right. Molasses.
Nothing to see here people, move along.......

#4948 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,148 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

shipping barrels of molasses ? You mean that brown sticky stuff that bears an amazingly close resemblance to hashish ?
yeah right. Molasses.
Nothing to see here people, move along.......

...yer mean good 'ole Guyana Gumbo?!!!

#4949 bugger

bugger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

Another update from the Cheesemonauts.

Ship on Fire Saturday, 13 October 2012 October 10, 1012
Wakenaam, Guyana

We often imagine our story from the eyes of our son "The adventures of Darshen." He has seen things that few people have seen. Imagine being tied next to a ship on fire...

Almost a year ago when we arrived in Georgetown, Guyana, after a 35 day non-stop at sea voyage from NYC, we found a little safety and security from the raging river currents and pirates that everybody warned us about by tying up next a ship on the dock at the mouth of the river. The ship was named Miss Reanna from the island of Wakenaam in the delta of the biggest river in Guyana, the Essequibo. We made friends with the crew and exchanged visits and food. Miss Reanna is an old steel riveted cargo boat built in Denmark before WWII. When we arrived at Joe's boatyard in Wakenaam imagine our surprise when we found our stern almost touching the stern of Miss Reanna!

We were having lunch when we heard a worker from one of the tugboats call out. At first we didn't realize something was wrong and thought they were just calling out to each other as they always do. Then we saw a waft of smoke come out of a porthole of Miss Reanna and we thought they were welding inside. Within minutes smoke was puffing out all of portholes along the side and the workers started running. The crew then took off their shirts, dunk them in a bucket of water and tied them around their faces as masks and rushed into the smoke coming out of the pilothouse door. In two minutes they were back outside and leading a deck hose inside but were soon back out huffing and coughing.

The workers from the tugboat and barge nearby ran over to help. There is a long narrow dock to Miss Reanna and five men ran down the dock carrying a heavy long hose. Then four different strong men manhandled a gas powered pump down the dock and passed it on board. The back of the boat was burning so they had to set the pump on deck amidships. The wind blew the smoke on to about 20 men who arrived to help. Red flames danced out of the pilothouse and windows along the side. The deck became too hot to stand on, so they sprayed the deck as they pointed the hose in different windows.

In the meantime we sat in our cockpit thirty feet from their stern watching in awe and little bit fearfully as the fire raged bigger and the men salvaged what they could, emptying deck lockers of paint cans and flammables. As the drama continued, the weight of all the water that was being pumped into the boat made the stern sink lower and the bow rise out of the water. Luckily, within an hour less and less smoke came out of the portholes and it looked like the fire was doused. Many of the men went inside and soon pieces of burned wood were being thrown overboard into the river. They took a sledge hammer to the living quarters inside to make sure there were no smoldering fires left.

That evening the wind shifted and blew the smells of fire, charred wood and paint over to us. The women and children of the crew all showed up to see the damage. We found out that it was a welding fire that started in a hidden spot far from where the welder was working. They said they would have the ship in working order in less than a week.

#4950 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,249 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

Another update from the Cheesemonauts.

Almost a year ago when we arrived in Georgetown, Guyana, after a 35 day non-stop at sea voyage from NYC, we found a little safety and security from the raging river currents and pirates that everybody warned us about by tying up next a ship on the dock at the mouth of the river. The ship was named Miss Reanna from the island of Wakenaam in the delta of the biggest river in Guyana, the Essequibo. We made friends with the crew and exchanged visits and food. ...

And punched out a window with Anne's freighter prodster, as I recall.

After a month at sea, having some extra cheese to trade is impressive.

It never occurred to him to go help handle hoses?

#4951 kent_island_sailor

kent_island_sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,789 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

I was thinking the same thing - this seems to be a place that kicks it 18th century style where everyone turns to for the bucket brigade.
Well.........almost everyone :rolleyes:

#4952 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

I used to love loathing Reid. Now it all just seems so sad. Pathetic really. Whether on the Anne or on a plane ticket (Paid for by Dad) Weed and family will eventually move in on him in NC and consume whatever savings he may have left. With God's grace, Dad expires before the savings does. Like watching a wreck happen in slow motion...

#4953 Albatros

Albatros

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

[It never occurred to him to go help handle hoses?

but ...but ... you have it all wrong, he's a shaman, remember ... the fact they put out the fire is for sure due to his shamanic powers, all you naysayers, non-believers and bashers should pony up for gratitude and hit the paypal button, now ! B)

#4954 Somebody Else

Somebody Else

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

Ship on Fire Saturday, 13 October 2012 October 10, 1012
Wakenaam, Guyana

Since there is not an article such as "A" or "The" or "Our" or "Some" in front of "Ship on Fire" a reader would assume the 1st person "Our Ship on Fire..." which I take as nothing less than a sensationalistic ploy to keep readers interested in a blog that has "gone south" both literally and figuratively.

As the dream sours for the delivery crew and the only people left to work are those who have no choice, work on the boat grinds down to a snail's pace and interest in anything that could be remotely termed a "project" dwindles to close to nil.

I feel sorry for the naive Soanya for throwing her lot in with the cheese nut log, but that was her choice. I guess the guy has some social skills/is charismatic but Jiminy Cricket! One look in his eyes or listen to his poetry should have waved her off.

Posted Image

#4955 Somebody Else

Somebody Else

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

Oh! And help with some other boat's problem (the fire)?

Posted Image

#4956 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,148 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

....oh,,methinks both the Anne and the blog are heading-north soon,,,and oooh,what a close call for our hero's :o

..many adventures to come,,,,
.......concealing the bails of gumbo with help from the molasses tycoon
.....recruiting crew with ago old tactics such as a-penny-in-your-beer
......taking the child's-eye-view as the mighty rudderless famous ship takes on a storm or two
.....planned stop in Bermuda or wherever,,,and their 'welcome' from adoring fans
.....and the triumphant return to good ole US of A,,,the land of cheering hoovians.

...I can hardly wait :mellow:

...better get some more 'Depends' soon.

#4957 Somebody Else

Somebody Else

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

Anne isn't rudderless.

They have given up on the complicated technical marvel of the so-called "quadrant" and reverted to an external system of rope and fairleads.

Of course, knowing this crew from their self-presented evidence, I use the word "fairlead" loosely.

#4958 redboat

redboat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,270 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

"In the meantime we sat in our cockpit thirty feet from their stern watching in awe and little bit fearfully as the fire raged bigger and the men salvaged what they could, emptying deck lockers of paint cans and flammables."

I sure hope it didn't go down this way and Weid did everything he possibly could to aid the desperate efforts to extinguish the flames.

Meanwhile locals find labor in the rice fields less exploitive than working for Stowe.

#4959 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,148 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Anne isn't rudderless.

They have given up on the complicated technical marvel of the so-called "quadrant" and reverted to an external system of rope and fairleads.

Of course, knowing this crew from their self-presented evidence, I use the word "fairlead" loosely.

....sorrry,,should'a said virtually rudderless,,,much like the whole campaign**

**campaign--I use the term loosely,but remember this effort is a fundraiser for 'save-the-seas' or somesuch,,,,ironic as it seems

#4960 redboat

redboat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,270 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

Had Weido stayed anywhere in the NY metropolitan area he would have had quite a handful with Sandy. He yet again dodges a bullet.

#4961 167149

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

something totally irrelevant...........or is it??

Attached Files

#4962 Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

So while the distraction has others putting out a fire, a group of people are taking paint tins out of the back of the boat, which coincidentally happens to be within stepping distance of the ferrotub.... And the paint tins are now where exactly ?
If memory serves fellow marina occupiers have claimed that things have gone missing and ended up on the ferrotub..... The last time was waterproof yellow Jackets wasnt it ?

#4963 bugger

bugger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

This is too funny to let die.

Schooner Anne is Sailing Home
Nov 19, 20012

Ahoy friends. So sorry we have not been posting our story as regularly as usual. Our computer is on the blink and we have been on the move through wild and exotic places. We managed to pull and repair our masts and repair our rudder on the little island of Wakenaam in the mouth of the Essequibo river. Almost a year ago we sailed into the isolated and biggest river in Guyana with a local pilot onboard. We ran aground twice. So trying to weave our way back out to sea weighed heavily on my mind and I always planned to get local guidance. Getting stuck where we knew pirates roamed was a little scary for us. Better than finding a pilot, we found a small cargo freighter with a 12 foot draft that offered to long line tow us through the uncharted maze of islands and mudbanks and set us free out at sea. We took the tow and watched as they churned up the mud even when we were almost out of sight of land. We loved Guyana, but I would say only the bravest adventurers should go there. In almost a year we didn't see a tourist or another sailboat. We plan to write more when we have time.

We set sail directly for St Thomas and flew off the wind, averaging six and seven knots and hitting almost 10 during the squalls. We plan to depart St Thomas with Jennifer from Brooklyn on Tuesday the 20th of November and hope to arrive in Wilmington, North Carolina the first week in December. This will be our sail home to the schooner Anne's birthplace. Harry, my dad has moved back into the family home and is waiting for us to come and engage him and do the family thing.

Thanks everybody for helping in so many ways. Stay tuned as the story continues.

#4964 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,148 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

...hmmm,,funniier what's not said than what is :mellow:

.....I wonder if some of the Bounty crew's ready for another 'mission' :huh:

#4965 Albatros

Albatros

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

http://sailingaround...y-hilfiger.html

Somebody ('Poon, 'Poon, where art thou ?) ought to draw Weid's attention to the opportunities he has missed upon ... what would be the name of Weid's fragrance ? ;)

#4966 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,224 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

Only in Cheesemonautville would 6-7 knots off the breeze be called flying.

#4967 bugger

bugger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Only in Cheesemonautville would....

- spending months anchored in a river count as a brave and noble adventure
- the support of water conservation charity be used without any apparent efforts at water conservation
- the nature of 'repairs' (rudder, masts, etc.) be completely glossed over
- what these people do be considered so brave, daring or unusual
- good writing be so completely lacking from what could have been an interesting story

#4968 billy backstay

billy backstay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,261 posts
  • Interests:boats, cars, girls....

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

The drifter-grifter rises again, like the Phoenix, from the ashes!

YCMTSU!!!

#4969 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,249 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Only in Cheesemonautville would....

- the nature of 'repairs' (rudder, masts, etc.) be completely glossed over

Parts is parts and fixed is fixed.

#4970 Aloha 27

Aloha 27

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

And seaworthy becomes "as seaworthy as possible"...

#4971 redboat

redboat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,270 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

Weido must have come into some cash to effect repairs to masts and rudder.

Wonder what goodies from Guyana are/were tucked away in the hold for sale to the highest bidder. Hardwoods, gold, drugs? This is Stowe's old trade route and he's probably again using it for an infusion of capital.

Soon he'll be back at the family compound..At least his father won't have to wire funds to distant accounts anymore.

#4972 kent_island_sailor

kent_island_sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,789 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

At this point I just hope he gets home without hurting anyone.

#4973 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,148 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

''We set sail directly for St Thomas and flew off the wind, averaging six and seven knots and hitting almost 10 during the squalls. We plan to depart St Thomas with Jennifer from Brooklyn on Tuesday the 20th of November and hope to arrive in Wilmington, North Carolina the first week in December.''

...........any eyes in StThomas??
.........how's the weather routing!!?

.....edit.......found a site for marine traffic,,,,I don't suppose the Anne carries a AIS transponder?

#4974 slap

slap

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

I've noticed that Harpoon hasn't been around for a few months. Maybe those big fat paychecks stopped rolling in.......

:rolleyes:

#4975 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,148 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

.........hmmm,,very quiet on this front,,,,VERY quiet!!!
...........the boat goes to south america,,,goes up a river where 'only the most adventurous' go,,,,,
,,,,,,,after a few months,,they moor-up with a 'trader' make 'renovations',,,take on a 'load',,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,get ready to journey home,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,then put on a -cone of silence- for the first time in a decade :mellow: :blink: :o <_<

#4976 redboat

redboat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,270 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

He's back

By: Sanah Sayani - email

Posted Image
WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - Reid Stowe becomes the first man to travel at sea consecutively without stopping to resupply. Setting a new world record of 1,152 consecutive days at sea. Reid Stowe's boat "Anne" is now docked in Wilmington and plans on being here through the winter.
"I started ocean voyaging when I was a teenager," said Stowe. "I built my first boat just down inland behind Ocean Isle Beach behind our family cottage when I was 20 years old."
The North Carolina native started the journey with his wife Sonya Hamad.
"On the 1000 day voyage, I made the commitment to go to sea for three years," said Hamad.
However, 306 days later, Hamad ended her trip. She was pregnant.
"For the sake of my kid and for everyone, I thought it would be best if I got off the boat," said Hamad. "That meant Reid would have to keep going on his own."
The quest was a journey Stowe had been preparing since he was 20 years old. He had everything he needed, physical and mental.
"It was my love," said Stowe. "It was my passionate love of life and my love of what I do at sea that kept me going and kept me healthy."
Just a few weeks into the journey, the boat was hit by another ship causing damage to the front of the boat. A little over a year later, his son Darshen was born. Stowe continued on his journey, nothing would stop him.
"It wasn't about the records," said Stowe. "I didn't even think the records were that important, it was more about man exploring on and man evolving."
The three year adventure ended in July 2010 in New York. Since then, the family has been traveling at sea to ports in North and South America.
Stowe broke more than one record, he became the first man to travel alone at sea for 846 days.
Hamad also set a new record, becoming the first woman to be at sea consecutively for 306 days.
Stowe says he's going to take a few years off to take care of his family and try to give his son a normal life.
Their journey can be followed on www.1000days.net.

Don't know what's more impressive, getting the barge home or getting it through customs. Whatever, he can now sit and meditate all day in the shade of his family's bank accounts.

#4977 redviking

redviking

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

OK, somebody has to be in Wilmington... C'mon, go take some pics. Interview Reid. Buy some art. Take pics.

#4978 Beer Can

Beer Can

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Anyone who has followed this knows that he didn't think that the records were all that important to him (not). It's only in every press release and mentioned every chance they get. Also, they refer to Sonya as his "wife," probably so that he won't scare his southern scam targets, err... new neighbors. When did that marriage happen? Certainly not until years later, if at all. Which is cool, except that now he's marketing himself as being married when he kicked her (and his soon to be born son) off the boat to continue drifting for a couple of years.

#4979 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,224 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

I'm sorry, but the idea of Stowe "taking a few years" off is just hysterically funny. Does that mean he will actually do something productive now?.

#4980 aldo

aldo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts
  • Interests:Getting guys to put their white sticky stuff all over my face.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

I'm sorry, but the idea of Stowe "taking a few years" off is just hysterically funny. Does that mean he will actually do something productive now?.

^ Funny

#4981 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,148 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

OK, somebody has to be in Wilmington... C'mon, go take some pics. Interview Reid. Buy some coca. Take pics.

...........fixed it fer-ya :P

He's back

By: Sanah Sayani - email

Posted Image
WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - Reid Stowe becomes the first man to travel at sea consecutively without stopping to resupply. Setting a new world record of 1,152 consecutive days at sea. Reid Stowe's boat "Anne" is now docked in Wilmington and plans on being here through the winter.
"I started ocean voyaging when I was a teenager," said Stowe. "I built my first boat just down inland behind Ocean Isle Beach behind our family cottage when I was 20 years old."
The North Carolina native started the journey with his wife Sonya Hamad.
"On the 1000 day voyage, I made the commitment to go to sea for three years," said Hamad.
However, 306 days later, Hamad ended her trip. She was pregnant.
"For the sake of my kid and for everyone, I thought it would be best if I got off the boat," said Hamad. "That meant Reid would have to keep going on his own."
The quest was a journey Stowe had been preparing since he was 20 years old. He had everything he needed, physical and mental.
"It was my love," said Stowe. "It was my passionate love of life and my love of what I do at sea that kept me going and kept me healthy."
Just a few weeks into the journey, the boat was hit by another ship causing damage to the front of the boat. A little over a year later, his son Darshen was born. Stowe continued on his journey, nothing would stop him.
"It wasn't about the records," said Stowe. "I didn't even think the records were that important, it was more about man exploring on and man evolving."
The three year adventure ended in July 2010 in New York. Since then, the family has been traveling at sea to ports in North and South America.
Stowe broke more than one record, he became the first man to travel alone at sea for 846 days.
Hamad also set a new record, becoming the first woman to be at sea consecutively for 306 days.
Stowe says he's going to take a few years off to take care of his family and try to give his son a normal life.
Their journey can be followed on www.1000days.net.

...holy FUCKSTICKS :blink: :blink: :D ......thaey're actually pretending they just landed from the oddessey!!!
.........pretty amazing they made it :mellow:

#4982 redviking

redviking

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

http://www.starnewso...ICLES/121219879

Oh yeah, let the grifting continue...

#4983 Aloha 27

Aloha 27

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

http://www.starnewso...ICLES/121219879

Oh yeah, let the grifting continue...

That's what happens when a "media" source doesn't do it's homework and simply goes with whatever crap the "subject" spoons out.

#4984 Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

"Though we were separated, we knew we were together under special circumstances," Stowe said. "We had altered our perception of the world and turned ourselves into an eternal space."

YCMTSU

He voided the ho, and avoided his responsibilities. He says he has now returned to look after his father who has Altzheimers.... Oh Palease. When it involves responsibility, he put his pregnant girlfriend ashore and sacred sideslipped away.
He didnt "find himself in Guyana". He went there to grift off Suenya's relations and in search of child labour. He has come home because its inheritance time. This charlatan deserves all the eternal space he can get. Go away captain Stowe. Move along Hovian people. Your grifter hero has returned to suck the lifetimes assets off his father, and there is nothing to sue here.

#4985 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,148 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

"Though we were separated, we knew we were together under special circumstances," Stowe said. "We had altered our perception of the world and turned ourselves into an eternal space."

YCMTSU

He voided the ho, and avoided his responsibilities. He says he has now returned to look after his father who has Altzheimers.... Oh Palease. When it involves responsibility, he put his pregnant girlfriend ashore and sacred sideslipped away.
He didnt "find himself in Guyana". He went there to grift off Suenya's relations and in search of child labour. He has come home because its inheritance time. This charlatan deserves all the eternal space he can get. Go away captain Stowe. Move along Hovian people. Your grifter hero has returned to suck the lifetimes assets off his father, and there is nothing to sue here.

............the sacred journey of power-of- attorney :mellow:

#4986 Aloha 27

Aloha 27

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

YCMTSU

............the sacred journey of power-of- attorney :mellow:

And, sadly, isn't that a fact.

#4987 fingerbang

fingerbang

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:gypo blacktopper

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

When the time comes for The Anne and Reid to part ways, I sure hope the winner of the ebay auction is able to attain the slip adjacent to the old(er) Puma, here on Lake Michigan.

#4988 Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

You would have to power up the Celluloidal Avoider to get two eternal (wastes of) space (Stowe and Anne) to part ways... Without the use of harpoon's flux capacitor and a liberal splashing of Russian free vodka, you will just get more finger doodlings in excretia on sail cloth to sit in awe of.....

#4989 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,148 posts
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

You would have to power up the Celluloidal Avoider to get two eternal (wastes of) space (Stowe and Anne) to part ways... Without the use of harpoon's flux capacitor and a liberal splashing of Russian free vodka, you will just get more finger doodlings in excretia on sail cloth to sit in awe of.....

............not t'mention those bales of coca in the hold :mellow:

#4990 tabman

tabman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

So,is he still asking for donations while the boat is tied up at his father's house?

#4991 MaxHeadroom

MaxHeadroom

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Does he ever stop asking for donations?

#4992 Asymptote

Asymptote

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

That's $10 free vodka, not the cheap stuff, don't forget.

#4993 tabman

tabman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Does he ever stop asking for donations?

Of course you're right, what was I thinking. . .

#4994 redboat

redboat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,270 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

Right. Stowesy and Hovian Nation were scratching and clawing for recognition of any records they could claim. Without pushback from certain circles he would lay claim to half the records in sailing.

I guess the fellow who was going to help him with the book project wisely ran off to more profitable assignments/.

#4995 Somebody Else

Somebody Else

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

I guess the fellow who was going to help him with the book project wisely ran off to more profitable plausible assignments.

*cough*

#4996 167149

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

I guess the fellow who was going to help him with the book project wisely ran off to more profitable plausible assignments.

*cough*

spot on

#4997 Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

If I was in the place of Mr Stowe senior, faced with the task of stashing Reid Stowe (return of the not so prodigal son) reflecting the dead opposite of everything I ever believed in, Im not sure Id want to remember much about the present either.

Its also a pretty good legal defence for when Reid unloads the boat and starts Stoweing the stash around the family home and the Hovian Grifters start descending on the family home like a Zombie movie....

I feel sad for the deteriorating state of Mr Stowe senior, and wish him all the best. At the same time, I can understand why he would want to tune out and aVoid Stowe.

There is only so much Void Ho and bong fumes that a father can stand from a grifter son bent on Stoweing the stash or groweing the hash..

#4998 axolotl

axolotl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Camping

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Kudos to Reid. I think he's in his sixties(?) now and has found the perfect situation to swallow the anchor in. How many of us have a waterfront home with a proven blue water boat parked in front of it? All paid for too.

#4999 redviking

redviking

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Reid is ahoying quite a bit on FakeBOOK... Surely there has to be a plan in the works that will keep our favorite drifter from joining the ranks of the employed. Funny that there wasn't a write up on the sail back to the USA. Wonder why?

#5000 Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Probably because the ghostwriter has been recalled to be briefed on his next mission, having reached the point of diminishing returns. (Reid is as diminished as is humanly possible now)...

Free Russian Vodka is not to be wasted on spent campaigns.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users