5036 replies to this topic

#4001 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:40 AM

Mariner, believe me, life just isn't fair. And you really are a helluva crackpot idiot newbie piece of insolent crap, you know that? An old non com army grunt calling himself a mariner. The reason no one's asked to see your gf's tits, is cause ur so fuking old her ugly bags sink down to her knees don't show them to us fuking asshole newbie please. Although I must admit your dumbness means ur not nearly as diabolical as your leader regatta hog, a perverted man gone so far to the dark side, the devil himself asks his advice as to how to get more souls on the path to hell itself.

RD is the leader?? Shit I thought I was following the mystical jungle Buda all this time........ damn.....:huh:

Back in line, minion, or you shall feel the wrath of the rider of the Third Horse of the Apocalypse (Steve) who shall smite you on your noggin, and you shall wake up in the flaming bowels of hell (Newark).

Just Sayin'.

#4002 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,296 posts
  • Interests:~~/)/)~~

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:13 AM

maybe she just got tired of it....been known to happen.

Man, I hope it happens to me!

#4003 FOOKINWAVE

FOOKINWAVE

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Plugged in Les Pual unplugged Taylor
    Design construction international shipping!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:16 AM

I think you all should take a break for a while. All this violent talk is not healthy. Hell "Three months of camplife on Lake Tahoe would restore even an Egytian mummy to his pristine vigor, and give him an appetite like an alligator.
I do not mean the oldest and driest mummies, of course, but the fresher ones". That the boat up the rivere huck

#4004 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:08 AM

Posted Image

#4005 Beer Can

Beer Can

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:30 AM

Haven't had a drink, never touch the hard stuff. Your craziness showed before, now it's just your insolent stupidity.

The first sign of an addict is denial.
Repeat after me Harpon, 28% proof REALLY IS hard stuff....

You know where denial will get you Harpon ?

Up a guyanese river, sitting on a busted crapper, IN a busted crapper, without a toilet, money, food or friends. Kind of like being a fish inside a fish thats dead. Acid is eating you up and you dont even realise it yet.

Well played.

#4006 Beer Can

Beer Can

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:31 AM

Mariner, believe me, life just isn't fair. And you really are a helluva crackpot idiot newbie piece of insolent crap, you know that? An old non com army grunt calling himself a mariner. The reason no one's asked to see your gf's tits, is cause ur so fuking old her ugly bags sink down to her knees don't show them to us fuking asshole newbie please. Although I must admit your dumbness means ur not nearly as diabolical as your leader regatta hog, a perverted man gone so far to the dark side, the devil himself asks his advice as to how to get more souls on the path to hell itself.

You are a deeply disturbed man.

#4007 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:05 AM

Posted Image

#4008 Bluto

Bluto

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:38 AM

1 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users reading this thread.

Did the collective ever figure out why there are always so many lurkers?

Come on Guests, what is your input?

Lets keep to the facts of the mission and interpret the unfolding story. Albeit once the story starts up again.

Currently its all the Harpoon Show. (whose writing I think is a wee bit bi-polar, but awesome in its own way)

Are we in the intermission perhaps?

The collective is retarded.Posted Image

#4009 Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

Is Harpon still harping on ffksk... Kinda reminds me of that nuisance dog on the other side of the fence, that just barks and barks because that is what he does. No reason. No justification, He just does it because he's brainless. Harpon, you listening there puppy ?? cmon, give us a woof.

#4010 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

Is Harpon still harping on ffksk... Kinda reminds me of that nuisance dog on the other side of the fence, that just barks and barks because that is what he does. No reason. No justification, He just does it because he's brainless. Harpon, you listening there puppy ?? cmon, give us a woof.

Tampoon kind of reminds me of this.

Posted Image

#4011 jibstain

jibstain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Sam Davies

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

Trying to read this thread is a soul sucking experience. Nothing of note since Andy's info and pips' meltdown. Vultures looking at the bones of last years meal.

btw, wtf is up with the bouncing boobs lady? I mean really, that's almost as bad as that horrific pink wet t-shirt with the ill-aligned nipples picture that never seems to go away.

I mean, really. What kind of person uses their tits for an avatar?

OK, I'm gonna duck out while you get all chivalrous & take me to task, but I'll check back in later.

#4012 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

You clearly have a choice to either read this thread or not, if it causes you that much distress than exercise that choice. I do find it amusing that of your posts here 90%+ are on the prior 1k days thread, including your opening post about how you were researching Internet rage and accusing people of theft by posting at work.

You may want to research effective Internet trolling instead, you aren't very good at it.

#4013 WhoaTed

WhoaTed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Interests:Italian cars
    Beer
    A bunch of other stuff

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

btw, wtf is up with the bouncing boobs lady? I mean really, that's almost as bad as that horrific pink wet t-shirt with the ill-aligned nipples picture that never seems to go away.

I mean, really. What kind of person uses their tits for an avatar?

I like how Barleymalt flies right under the radar...

#4014 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:45 AM

Posted Image

#4015 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:17 PM

Reid & Rachel were married in a secret ceremony yesterday. Soanya & Darshen have moved off the boat and are currently living in a hovel next to the daycare on a muddy 'road.'
Reid plans to get the SA fixed up with funds from Rachel's fam, and after arming her with multiple cannon, sail back to the USA and fire upon any and all SA adherents he e'er finds upon the rising waters.

oh wait, I've just conferred with Jesus and Buddha again, and they both suggest a good massage and getting laid instead of this sorta message on this thread of Incessant diatribes 'n lies.

#4016 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

Posted Image

This from a red baiting moron, who saw RW of a thousand faces everywhere he looked in his waking dreams for so long, that he practically had to take a wife ordered walk about to clear his clearly addled brain a bit.

If pip and ttt were to produce an offspring to have been sired at the heights of their Stowe-Hovian respective symptoms showing, any pics of what the two of them might produce? Timbucketoo, you should fly down to the jungles of Guyana and meet up with pip, giving your old frustratingly hateful life in Oz the slip.

Barleymaltedmilk you are a pip to be able to stay under the radar in this free for all playful hatefest.

#4017 Rich Frye

Rich Frye

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:58 PM

Posted Image

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................vart.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................filibuster.

#4018 aldo

aldo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Getting guys to put their white sticky stuff all over my face.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

Reid & Rachel were married in a secret ceremony yesterday. Soanya & Darshen have moved off the boat and are currently living in a hovel next to the daycare on a muddy 'road.'
Reid plans to get the SA fixed up with funds from Rachel's fam, and after arming her with multiple cannon, sail back to the USA and fire upon any and all SA adherents he e'er finds upon the rising waters.

oh wait, I've just conferred with Jesus and Buddha again, and they both suggest a good massage and getting laid instead of this sorta message on this thread of Incessant diatribes 'n lies.

Does this mean half of everything the grifter manages to panhandle belongs to sonya and the kid?

Better than that Darshen will some day inherit all that reid owns including a renovated and refit anne, unless it's claimed by the Smithsonian.

#4019 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

Posted Image

This from a red baiting moron, who saw RW of a thousand faces everywhere he looked in his waking dreams for so long, that he practically had to take a wife ordered walk about to clear his clearly addled brain a bit.

If pip and ttt were to produce an offspring to have been sired at the heights of their Stowe-Hovian respective symptoms showing, any pics of what the two of them might produce? Timbucketoo, you should fly down to the jungles of Guyana and meet up with pip, giving your old frustratingly hateful life in Oz the
Barleymaltedmilk you are a pip to be able to stay under the radar in this free for all playful hatefest.

Care to translate that train wreck to coherent English?

#4020 axolotl

axolotl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Camping

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

Well, here it is March. Shouldn't Stowe have gotten his PayPal statement by now?

#4021 mariner2

mariner2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

yeah, he got dispirited when his bank statement said:

Balance: NIL (I guess that makes you unbalanced huh).

Interest: ALWAYS WAS, IS AND FOREVER WILL BE ZERO.

Deposits: NIL (but you knew that).

Attempted withdrawals: LOST COUNT, but you said you were using alternatives to withdrawal....

Automated transfers to Harpons account: NIL

Automated transfers to child support account: NIL

Tax Deducted: NIL

Credit card overdraft: MAXED to your authorised credit limit of $1.

#4022 billy backstay

billy backstay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,266 posts
  • Interests:boats, cars, girls....

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

What about the paypal donations???

Attempted withdrawals: LOST COUNT, but you said you were using alternatives to withdrawal....

A premature "withdrawal" might have prevented an unwanted pregnancy???? Which pregnancy scuttled the original two-party mission......:unsure:

Reid has a credit card?? I highly doubt that????

#4023 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

What about the paypal donations???

A premature "withdrawal" might have prevented an unwanted pregnancy???? Which pregnancy scuttled the original two-party mission......:unsure:

Reid has a credit card?? I highly doubt that????

I co-signed for his credit card back in.....last week, but it doesn't work down in Guyana. The only swipe there involves hubcaps.

#4024 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

Posted Image

If pip and ttt were to produce an offspring to have been sired at the heights of their Stowe-Hovian respective symptoms showing, any pics of what the two of them might produce? Timbucketoo, you should fly down to the jungles of Guyana and meet up with pip, giving your old frustratingly hateful life in Oz the

I will attempt to translate the train wreck of the Schooner Anne (a uniquely inappropriate SA inference) to a shorter form than does this two part multi-year thread. I know those who found cliff notes too long will complain.

RS drops out of school goes surfing. Meets sailor goes sailing. Crosses oceans no radio no electronics no money no clothes. Builds another boat in backyard, big heavy schooner to go around the horn no prob. Sails on schooner. Sails to Antarctic. Decides to sail 1,000 days. Returns from Antarctic. Spends twenty years preparing aging schooner to survive 1,000 days at sea. Goes off for a thousand days with young non-seasoned woman. Pregnant, Soanya jumps ship in Oz with the help of previous long distance single handing continuous w/o resupply record holder Jon. Finishes next two years single handing 70 foot schooner till she completes a circumnavigation and returns to NYC and sees son Darshen for first time.

Lives with Soanya and Darshen on SA (Schooner Anne) going from dock to dock as he is forced to until he has no more place to keep the SA and heads off to Guyana- although the boat's not in the best of shape, with 5 or six strong exuberant youthful relatively inexperienced crew.

Crew puke their guts out through series of gales and then Andy saves the day by diving under and creating a jury rigged steering for broken rudder.

SA (Schooner Anne) miraculously drifts by the hand of Buddha, Jesus, and Moses up the same river Stowe was shooting for at the beginnning.

Crew jumps ship except tough Rachel, to eat good food, drink cold beer, take a pee in a working head, and to quit throwing up. Brave hero Andy goes off to explore mining gold in a work camp deep upriver (and upriver from the largest waterfall by volume in the world). No word from him for awhile now.

And no word at all from Stowe who seems to be stuck upriver with a broken rudder and no means of fixing the problem. Silent for a month. Very uncharacteristic.

And the clowns here, who profess to never have wished Stowe one iota of harm, carry on about this and that like loons singing their happy song as twilight takes hold of another day.

#4025 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:18 AM

Posted Image

I will attempt to translate the train wreck of the Schooner Anne (a uniquely inappropriate SA inference) to a shorter form than does this two part multi-year thread. I know those who found cliff notes too long will complain.

RS drops out of school goes surfing. Meets sailor goes sailing. Crosses oceans no radio no electronics no money no clothes. Builds another boat in backyard, big heavy schooner to go around the horn no prob. Sails on schooner. Sails to Antarctic. Decides to sail 1,000 days. Returns from Antarctic. Spends twenty years preparing aging schooner to survive 1,000 days at sea. Goes off for a thousand days with young non-seasoned woman. Pregnant, Soanya jumps ship in Oz with the help of previous long distance single handing continuous w/o resupply record holder Jon. Finishes next two years single handing 70 foot schooner till she completes a circumnavigation and returns to NYC and sees son Darshen for first time.

Lives with Soanya and Darshen on SA (Schooner Anne) going from dock to dock as he is forced to until he has no more place to keep the SA and heads off to Guyana- although the boat's not in the best of shape, with 5 or six strong exuberant youthful relatively inexperienced crew.

Crew puke their guts out through series of gales and then Andy saves the day by diving under and creating a jury rigged steering for broken rudder.

SA (Schooner Anne) miraculously drifts by the hand of Buddha, Jesus, and Moses up the same river Stowe was shooting for at the beginnning.

Crew jumps ship except tough Rachel, to eat good food, drink cold beer, take a pee in a working head, and to quit throwing up. Brave hero Andy goes off to explore mining gold in a work camp deep upriver (and upriver from the largest waterfall by volume in the world). No word from him for awhile now.

And no word at all from Stowe who seems to be stuck upriver with a broken rudder and no means of fixing the problem. Silent for a month. Very uncharacteristic.

And the clowns here, who profess to never have wished Stowe one iota of harm, carry on about this and that like loons singing their happy song as twilight takes hold of another day.

Thanks for sharing, Harpoon.

#4026 MaxHeadroom

MaxHeadroom

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:03 AM

Posted Image

Herpes -

That the most coherent post I think you have ever made.

Care to share your CV?

#4027 mariner2

mariner2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:44 AM

he's afraid that the term senior installer and other gems, will generate unrelenting mirth. Its in Linked in if you want a real belly laugh. Oh you mean SAILING CV. Youd stand a better chance of bear wrestling a neutrino. Its in the "closest thing to zero" category.

#4028 MaxHeadroom

MaxHeadroom

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:36 AM

he's afraid that the term senior installer and other gems, will generate unrelenting mirth. Its in Linked in if you want a real belly laugh. Oh you mean SAILING CV. Youd stand a better chance of bear wrestling a neutrino. Its in the "closest thing to zero" category.

No doubt.

The closest Herpes comes to having a sailing CV is playing with his toy boats in the bathtub of his section 8 hovel.

#4029 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:36 AM

The closest you two bozos marinade two and maximum idiotiindaroom come to being decent well behaved individuals, is when you're asleep or dead.

#4030 billy backstay

billy backstay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

The closest you two bozos marinade two and maximum idiotiindaroom come to being decent well behaved individuals, is when you're asleep or dead.

I'm thinking..... Pot... Meet Kettle!!

Posted Image

#4031 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

Hater.

#4032 MaxHeadroom

MaxHeadroom

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

I see you found your Meth stash.

Care to show us your CV?

#4033 billy backstay

billy backstay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

I see you found your Meth stash.

Care to show us your CV?

Rand Weeks

Chief of Design/Install,
(AEDA) Alternative Energy Design Associates
12 Hall Street #8
Brooklyn, NY 11205
718-781-4645
%20TECH%20BULLETIN%203%20~%20CHARGING%20WITH%20TRAWL%20AND%20WIND.mht!x-usc:http://mail.1000days.net/mailman/listinfo/crew_1000days.net"]rand at aenergydesign.com
%20TECH%20BULLETIN%203%20~%20CHARGING%20WITH%20TRAWL%20AND%20WIND.mht!x-usc:http://mail.1000days.net/mailman/listinfo/crew_1000days.net"]electric at 1000days.net

#4034 Albatros

Albatros

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

Rand Weeks

Chief of Design/Install,
(AEDA) Alternative Energy Design Associates

Posted Image

cosmic energy, for sure

antenna for mars communication ?
or is this a variation on the tin foil hat ?
might also be a way to improve chances of being touched by the noodly appendages of the great spagetti monster ?
instead of throwing all this useless abuse at the good SA citizens, senor Weeks might score a helluvalot brownie points by explanifying his remarkable cosmic, comic and tantric transmogrifications.

#4035 seacat

seacat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Sailing

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

I see Harpoon has a new hobby...walk into a room full of monkeys and stir them up..

#4036 billy backstay

billy backstay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

I see Harpoon has a new hobby...walk into a room full of monkeys and stir them up..

Seems that he deleted his recent post accusing us of outing him? I think he outed himself here previously. :unsure:

#4037 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

I am voting for the Flying Spaghetti Monster. The FSM is reidiculous enough to fit in with the other deities and pseudo deities on the Ferrosprout Flyer. Maybe the FSM can lend its noodly appendages and give J.C. and Buddha a hand with the massages.

Interesting how Harpoon deleted his post about Reid and Soanya living the good life sipping drinks while the crew did all the work.

#4038 trenace

trenace

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

But one can't deny that that is better seamanship than drifting for 3 years and no one doing any work.

The latter is not good for a boat.

#4039 Somebody Else

Somebody Else

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,848 posts
  • Interests:Shootings, just like HotRod!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

What's happening with Reid and the schooner Anne?

#4040 seacat

seacat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

They're sitting on the rails drinking warm Guinness..

#4041 billy backstay

billy backstay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

He's on a boat?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=R7yfISlGLNU

PS.. how does one do that "embed" thingy??

#4042 seacat

seacat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

He's on a boat?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=R7yfISlGLNU

PS.. how does one do that "embed" thingy??

Click on 'insert media', set 'Media URL' to "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v= <video code>"

for your vid it would be "

#4043 seacat

seacat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

Alex has gone country...got his own boat and movin' on for a solo 1000 days or so...

#4044 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:46 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4045 Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

Attached File  russian radio.jpg   45.87K   0 downloads Attached File  novosti-ria-konstantin-rodikov.n.jpg   59.09K   0 downloadsAttached File  charles-manson-mugshot.jpg   13.29K   1 downloadsAttached File  idfd1be19f632067f6074fdc2fe00ac9b_napoleon.n.jpg   39.6K   1 downloads

Napoleon or Genghis Khan? Moscow voters face tricky decision

Published: 22 February, 2012, 20:36
Test polls invite people to vote for Napoleon and Peter the Great

Test polls invite people to vote for Napoleon and Peter the Great
TRENDS: Election 2012

TAGS: Election, Russia, Thrills&Spills

Voting can be a complicated business. In an attempt to ensure the elections go as planned, the Moscow Election Committee will hold a dry run prior to the upcoming polls. However, on the list of candidates you’ll find some surprising names (which dont include Reid Stowe).

The election rehearsal will invite the public to turn up at 12 polling stations on Saturday February 25 to make their choices. Yet instead of five real candidates for the presidential post the list will give people the opportunity to vote either for Alexander the Great, Napoleon Bonaparte, Peter the Great, Winston Churchill or Genghis Khan.

Test polls will be held in each of Moscow’s administrative districts. “There we will demonstrate how the real election will go,” said Valentin Gorbunov, the head of Moscow Election Committee.

During the test run the committee will monitor the organization of voting, the work of supervisors, and test security cameras.

Anyone interested is welcome to come along. (BYO helmet).
YCMTSU

p.s. Napoleon is now the new president (on the left, and Harpon is on the right). Situation normal for Harpon.

Attached File  saonya.jpg   37.43K   2 downloads

#4046 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

Timbucketoo, just as I thought this thread spawned from Hell itself couldn't get any dumber or more redikulous, there you go again. This entire thread's a train wreck, long gone far off the tracks.

The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming! Stay up to the minute in news from the red scare baiting mccarthyite 1950’s days when you tune into SA for what passes for the latest from SA on the SA.

#4047 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

@ SeaCat, even if I gave these monkeys typewriters, and locked them all in a room for eternity, the best they'd come up with would still be this mess of inhumanity.

#4048 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

@ SeaCat, even if I gave these monkeys typewriters, and locked them all in a room for eternity, the best they'd come up with would still be this mess of inhumanity.

Don't understate things, Poon. This thread is more than just inhumane, it is responsible for global warming, unrest in the Middle East, the recent tornados, ugly IMS boats, the Mac 26x, belly shirts for pudgy teen girls AND rap music. Stowe is just a diversion while we pursue our real goal, global domination. There, now the cat is out of the bag.

#4049 GRUMPY

GRUMPY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,706 posts
  • Interests:Hobie Miracle 20

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

It really is time for the admins to sort out the sock draw.

#4050 kent_island_sailor

kent_island_sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

FTFY

These threads have always been totally nuts. The Cheesemonauts hate being ignored, so they can't stay away from here even though all they ever get is abuse.

It really is time for the admins to sort out the sock drawer.

#4051 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

Don't understate things, Poon. This thread is more than just inhumane, it is responsible for global warming, unrest in the Middle East, the recent tornados, ugly IMS boats, the Mac 26x, belly shirts for pudgy teen girls AND rap music. Stowe is just a diversion while we pursue our real goal, global domination. There, now the cat is out of the bag.

meow

#4052 Albatros

Albatros

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

no, not the Mac 26x ?? you can't be serious, that's way over the top.

Poon's statement on "typewriters" is quite in tune with his work on the bondoboat's electrical archeology, stuck in the hippie times, that his (and Weid's) problem, love love love and the manna will fall out of heaven for free.

#4053 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

no, not the Mac 26x ?? you can't be serious, that's way over the top.

Poon's statement on "typewriters" is quite in tune with his work on the bondoboat's electrical archeology, stuck in the hippie times, that his (and Weid's) problem, love love love and the manna will fall out of heaven for free.

A real albatross is a far better friend to sailors, and as legend has it may sometimes be the souls of recently perished salty seafaring souls.

There's truly no piercing the veil of ignorance which shrouds this thread of fools, however if i may make one more half hearted attempt to so do-FYI...

The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.

This theorem has nothing to do with The Beatle's, Woodstock, Hippies, Revolution, Reoublicans, Rick Santorm, Rush Limbaugh, Mac 26’s, Apple Products, or Biblical Manna feeding the former Egyptian Slaves during the Exodus.

And in a spirit of full disclosure the following is also from Wikipedia on those typewriting monkeys.

In this context, "almost surely" is a mathematical term with a precise meaning, and the "monkey" is not an actual monkey, but a metaphor for an abstract device that produces a random sequence of letters and symbols ad infinitum. The probability of a monkey exactly typing a complete work such as Shakespeare's Hamlet is so tiny that the chance of it occurring during a period of time even a hundred thousand orders of magnitude longer than the age of the universe is extremely low, but not actually zero.
Variants of the theorem include multiple and even infinitely many typists, and the target text varies between an entire library and a single sentence. The history of these statements can be traced back to Aristotle's On Generation and Corruption and Cicero's De natura deorum, through Blaise Pascal and Jonathan Swift, and finally to modern statements with their iconic typewriters. In the early 20th century, Émile Borel and Arthur Eddington used the theorem to illustrate the timescales implicit in the foundations of statistical mechanics.

#4054 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

Almost surely is a mathematical term with a precise meaning?. Must be In the same way that continously circumnavigating is a hovian term for drifting around aimlessly in circles.

#4055 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

Good to know that you fellas have not quit harping nor carping on historically hysterical threats to the good name of sailing, in your ne'er ending quest for truth, justice and the SA way.

#4056 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

#4057 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

Good to know that you fellas have not quit harping nor carping on historically hysterical threats to the good name of sailing, in your ne'er ending quest for truth, justice and the SA way.

For someone who hurls as much insult intended vitriol as you do, you have an amazingly thin skin with even the mildest criticism. Historically hysterical threats to the good name of sailing? Right. Let's add that to the list of crimes against humanity this thread is responsible for. You should take this to the United Nations.

#4058 Harpoon

Harpoon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

Consider it karmic payback. When you get hit with as much monkey ass shit as I have here, I would dare say I've only been able to catch about half to throw it right back.

#4059 trenace

trenace

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

And what a valuable endeavour that has proven!

#4060 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

Consider it karmic payback. When you get hit with as much monkey ass shit as I have here, I would dare say I've only been able to catch about half to throw it right back.

One thing you and Stowe certainly have in common is the way you both walk into the line of fire so eagerly, and then play the victim card when you take a bullet.

#4061 fingerbang

fingerbang

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:gypo blacktopper

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

well put doggie.

#4062 soak_ed

soak_ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

well put doggie.

Exactly what I tell my Lab when he shits where he is supposed to. Coincidence....?

#4063 mariner2

mariner2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

Perhaps the manna wasnt totally free at all. Perhaps Harpon and Reid have outlived their usefulness to the manner providers.
Must be quite a shock to the system to discover you are not loved after all, and have your supply cut off, finding that the credit card is now as empty as the crate of vodka bottles....

#4064 joe bob

joe bob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

Soooooo I am new here, trying to get a feel for what this is all about.
What I have gathered so far is-
Creepy guys internet stalking a creepy guy sailing with some airheads followed by a good dose of "I know you are but what am I" I know you are but what am I"

FEEL THE ANARCHY!

#4065 Aloha 27

Aloha 27

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:46 AM

And a monumentally brilliant first post it was.

Attached Files

#4066 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:34 AM

well put doggie.

Exactly what I tell my Lab when he shits where he is supposed to. Coincidence....?

.... I think not.

I'm a bit disturbed that this thread has degenerated to dog and ape fecal matter, but I am not surprised.

Black, Yellow or Chocolate? (The lab - not flavored feces) Does your lab hunt or is he/she just a damned good pet?

Reminds me - have to Photoshop a cat on a trap. I'll do that in the AM before the Tabman wakes up, that lazy fuck.

#4067 tabman

tabman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:20 AM

Cat on a trap? Lazy Fuck?

Fuck you! Here's your fucking cat on a fucking trap you fucking fuck!

Posted Image

Best Regards,
Tabman

#4068 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:28 AM

Creepy guys internet stalking a creepy guy sailing with some airheads followed by a good dose of "I know you are but what am I" I know you are but what am I"

FEEL THE ANARCHY!

Your first post since creating your account 7 months ago?

Rand here is a tip for you. When I get new socks I pack them in mothballs if I don't think I will need them for a while.

Posted Image

#4069 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:31 AM

Posted Image

Best Regards,
Tabman

Fuck you, Tabman. I spit pasta on my screen, for fuck's sake. The skipper's fucking face is purrfect.

You made my goddamned evening you fucking fuck of a fuck.

Fuck you,

RD

Edit - LMFAO and came downstairs to thank you again. Fuck you.

#4070 soak_ed

soak_ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

well put doggie.

.... I think not.

I'm a bit disturbed that this thread has degenerated to dog and ape fecal matter, but I am not surprised.

Black, Yellow or Chocolate? (The lab - not flavored feces) Does your lab hunt or is he/she just a damned good pet?

Reminds me - have to Photoshop a cat on a trap. I'll do that in the AM before the Tabman wakes up, that lazy fuck.

He is a yellow Lab, just a family/house dog and full of love. He has a hell of a nose and that damned dog can smell cat shit from the feral cats out in the fields around our house like you wouldn't believe. He goes back and forth and homes in on the scent and then eats what he believes is the most delicious snack ever. Funny, he isn't at all interested in the waste product from our two house cats, must be the difference in diet. There, now the thread encompasses cat shit as well as dog and ape shit. I'll see your horse droppings and raise you a load of elephant shit! The bull shit has been laying on the table since the thread started.

#4071 soak_ed

soak_ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

Posted Image

Best Regards,
Tabman

Fuck you, Tabman. I spit pasta on my screen, for fuck's sake. The skipper's fucking face is purrfect.

You made my goddamned evening you fucking fuck of a fuck.

Fuck you,

RD

Edit - LMFAO and came downstairs to thank you again. Fuck you.

Add coffee and masticated cookie bits all over my monitor and keyboard to the damage list. Well played tabman, one of your best. Oh yeah, fucking fuck you!

#4072 Albatros

Albatros

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

A real albatross is a far better friend to sailors,

to sailors, yes ... which you ain't. how about that CV of yours ? the Albatros was the icon of the marine school I got my degree, and I watched those majestic birds soaring across the oceans.

The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.

so that's what's bringing you here all over again ? trying to become the next Willie S. ? don't give up your day job yet, keep monkeying.

#4073 joe bob

joe bob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

FEEL THE ANARCHY!

Rand here is a tip for you. When I get new socks I pack them in mothballs if I don't think I will need them for a while.

That's the spirit LB.
I do apologize. I have been unavoidably detained since creating my account.

Posted Image

#4074 soak_ed

soak_ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

FEEL THE ANARCHY!

That's the spirit LB.
I do apologize. I have been unavoidably detained since creating my account.

Posted Image

So you got out early for good behavior or did you do the whole term?

#4075 joe bob

joe bob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

Very savvy Soaked
Though not for good behavior per se
thank heaven for prison overcrowding

#4076 Shaggy

Shaggy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
  • Interests:This is SA, you figure it out.......

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

http://www.walkingtheamazon.com/
Weedo shold take some notes.....

Saw the documentary last night on disc channel. Someone with more talent than me needs to put the bondo barge in the background of the last scene. 2 guys hugging in the atlantic after walking for 2.5 yrs with weedo and the good ship anne in the background wimpering... "what about Me?????"

These guys got more press and interest in the last 5k than weed got during the entire drift..... :lol:

#4077 Shaggy

Shaggy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
  • Interests:This is SA, you figure it out.......

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

Posted Image

Someone has got to be able to do something with this....... :D

#4078 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

http://www.walkingtheamazon.com/
Weedo shold take some notes.....

Saw the documentary last night on disc channel. Someone with more talent than me needs to put the bondo barge in the background of the last scene. 2 guys hugging in the atlantic after walking for 2.5 yrs with weedo and the good ship anne in the background wimpering... "what about Me?????"

These guys got more press and interest in the last 5k than weed got during the entire drift..... :lol:

I'm sure Harpoon will be along shortly to blame that on this thread.

#4079 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:54 AM

Very savvy Soaked
Though not for good behavior per se
thank heaven for prison overcrowding

Any trouble involving dropped soap?

#4080 Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

This is not healthy. The grifter, not being able to vent his pressure cooker brain with publicity detrius.
Harpoon hysterically bereft of life experiences sufficient to enable him to ghostwrite a convincing fiction...
Seacat tearing himself up mentally, with nothing provided that he can agree with harpon about.

There is an elephant in the room, and that is Reids ego, which is obviously not well.
A gibbering wreck, inside a gibberick wreck, who doesnt have a story which can be ghostwritten into marketable state...
because the self appointed senior media installer guy, has a vacuole for an imagination, and a quark's worth of life experiences to write by....
The tell tale sign of a single cell being. (with no time off for good behaviour).

Call me when they find the bodies.

#4081 soak_ed

soak_ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

This is not healthy. The grifter, not being able to vent his pressure cooker brain with publicity detrius.
Harpoon hysterically bereft of life experiences sufficient to enable him to ghostwrite a convincing fiction...
Seacat tearing himself up mentally, with nothing provided that he can agree with harpon about.

There is an elephant in the room, and that is Reids ego, which is obviously not well.
A gibbering wreck, inside a gibberick wreck, who doesnt have a story which can be ghostwritten into marketable state...
because the self appointed senior media installer guy, has a vacuole for an imagination, and a quark's worth of life experiences to write by....
The tell tale sign of a single cell being. (with no time off for good behaviour).

Call me when they find the bodies.

Whatever you are smoking, I would like to try some. I will stay away from the keyboard if I do though.

#4082 seacat

seacat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

This is not healthy. 3T slinking around dropping Turkey Turds filled with fetid gaseous bubbles of pessimistic ignorance, breaking a much welcomed silence while awaiting news from abroad.

#4083 Rich Frye

Rich Frye

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

... while awaiting news from abroad.

We're all awaiting news from a broad. Real news from Dusty or Alex or any other non-broad will work too.

#4084 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

Whatever you are smoking, I would like to try some. I will stay away from the keyboard if I do though.

Whatever you have seems to be working just fine.

#4085 billy backstay

billy backstay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:23 AM

One would think that since Harpoon/Rand is such an attention whore, he would ghost write a blog entry on 1000days.net, just for the hit counts and the attention here????

#4086 mariner2

mariner2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:30 AM

perhaps he has been instructed not to, because it would compromise potential book sales, by reducing the suspense... Thats the only plausible reason why it appears that ghostwriting is no longer occurring.

#4087 billy backstay

billy backstay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:59 AM

perhaps he has been instructed not to, because it would compromise potential book sales, by reducing the suspense... Thats the only plausible reason why it appears that ghostwriting is no longer occurring.

Book sales????

YGTBKM!! I was forwarded a copy of Soanyas "outline" of her portion of the "mars analagous mission", and it was written on a par with what my kids wrote in Grammar School... Like what I did on my summer vacation in the third grade........:(

No intention to disrespect Soy as the "nice person" that she no doubt is; but they did SHOUT OUT to tell the world that they were doing important scientific work, and to please donate to their serious "scientific" cause...:huh:

#4088 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:31 AM

Nice pussy, eh?

Posted Image

#4089 redviking

redviking

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

It's been awhile and my ten bucks on paypal got me nuthin... Weird Stowe needs to answer up...

#4090 Windward

Windward

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts
  • Interests:Building and managing websites using the Umbraco CMS

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:05 PM

It's been awhile and my ten bucks on paypal got me nuthin... Weird Stowe needs to answer up...

That should be enough moola to get to the Internet cafe.

#4091 soak_ed

soak_ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

#4092 redviking

redviking

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

Ok, is he dead yet? Soy ok? Should we check on Darshen? This is getting worrisome... I mean, Reid was so prolific before, what gives? Hard to raise money unless you post an update. Maybe Rand told him to chill... Bump

#4093 Harnesscreek

Harnesscreek

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

In other news...

Matt Rutherford is rapidly approaching Guyana- http://www.solotheam...s.org/?m=201203

A real adventure and adventurer/sailor vs....

Carry on if this has been touched on any of the previous 150+ pages...

#4094 kent_island_sailor

kent_island_sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

On a dark night the CheeseBarge slowly glides offshore and lies in wait. Eyes straining, the cheese pirates make out a 27 foot Albin Vega in the gloom. They give their weapons a final check and steel their nerves for the coming fight. This one is for keeps, the CheeseBarge has no more supplies and the rudder finally fell all the way off. They need a new flagship to continue spreading the sprouts and this is the last chance they will have before their internet domain renewal notice comes due!

#4095 Windward

Windward

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts
  • Interests:Building and managing websites using the Umbraco CMS

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

Nope, good through March 2013 Namecheap is a reseller for Enom.

All is good KIS, domain is a-ok.

Registration Service Provided By: Namecheap.com
Visit: http://namecheap.com

Domain name: 1000days.net

Registrant Contact:
1000 Days Non Stop at Sea
Reid Stowe Reid Stowe ()

Fax:
c/o Benedict, POBox 953, JAF Station.
New York, NY 10016
US

Administrative Contact:
AVdrive Inc.
Fred Sullivan ()
+1.6462051633
Fax: +1.6462053221
Wall Street Station
PO Box 306
New York, NY 10005
US

Technical Contact:
AVdrive Inc.
Fred Sullivan ()
+1.6462051633
Fax: +1.6462053221
Wall Street Station
PO Box 306
New York, NY 10005
US

Name Servers:
NS.JAGUARPC.NET
NS2.JAGUARPC.NET

Creation date: 23 Mar 2002 01:03:00
Expiration date: 23 Mar 2013 00:03:00

#4096 kent_island_sailor

kent_island_sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I totally made that up!
But seriously, I am doing boring as shit server builds and this made my day.

#4097 redviking

redviking

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

Back in Touch Wednesday, 14 March 2012 Feb. 28, 2012Supanam
All is well here in Guyana on the jungle river named Supanam. We have been out of touch because our Iridium phone that we normally send our satellite updates out on has not been getting good reception. The phone seems to work but the signal is not very strong. The internet place in town has also had trouble with their internet which comes through a phone company. Time has passed in our lives in the bush. Darshen still goes to school every morning and in the afternoon I row him ashore to play with the children of Nato, the boat builder and other friends from school. We finally got organized and hired some teenage boys to help us work on the schooner. We’ve been busy chipping out old fiberglass and putting new Fer-A-Lite in. Fer-A-Lite is the original material that the schooner was made of. We have also been chipping steel everywhere. This is only the beginning of the work that has to be done and it has been a lot more time consuming than I imagined. We have been slowly laying the groundwork for the repairs that need to be done and I have a feeling that those projects will be difficult too. We wake up at dawn every day and watch the sunrise through the trees. The motorboats start running up and down the river carrying children to school, workers to the village and lumber workers up the river. Some of the boats are so loaded that they are only a few inches above the water. The women carry bright umbrellas to shade from the sun. We still haven’t seen any tourists or foreign boats. Everyone in Supanam has been very nice and we like it here a lot. The Jaguar and the Internet Wednesday, 14 March 2012 Mar. 1, 2012
Supanam

As we sat having breakfast one morning, our friend Vishnu Singh drove by in his boat and told us that he had shot a jaguar the night before and we could go see it on the shore nearby. We often wonder if there was a jaguar prowling in the jungle that was so close we can sometimes reach out and touch the bamboo from the boat. The jaguar had been killing the villagers’ baby goats and they called Vishnu to stop the jaguar. He found the remains of a goat nearby and set some traps. Then Vishnu hid in a tree and waited through the night. He heard a noise and shone his big flashlight through the clouds of mosquitoes and shot him.

By the time we got ready to go ashore, a couple boat loads of villagers were crossing the river to see the jaguar. We rowed over very close to where the schooner was anchored, walked across a muddy field, and then across a narrow plank slippery with mud and finally saw the dead jaguar in the grass.

Darshen asked what did the jaguar say when Vishnu shot it. I told Darshen the jaguar said, “Oh my goodness. I’m shot, I’m dead now. I should never have eaten those people’s goats. I’m king of the jungle, but I learned my lesson. Next time I’ll stay far away from man and his guns.” It’s a fine line between wilderness and civilization. On occasion, each side forays into the other’s camp. As wild and isolated as this place is there is still internet, TV, and instant contact with the rest of the world. People who live in huts on poles watch American news. They are influenced instantaneously by the world media.
Bats Aboard Wednesday, 14 March 2012 Feb. 6, 2012Supanam We have had all kinds of little jungle creatures come aboard like tarantulas, giant beetles, frogs, black and iridescent blue butterflies, big spiders, strange wasps, bees, neon green flies, and bats. The first bat flew into the cargo hold bathroom while Rachel was in there. Her amazement and curiosity fluctuated between “ooohs” and yelps of fear as she looked closely at our furry intruder hanging upside down in a corner of the cargo hold. We were sitting in the cockpit the next night when he flew right past us and took up the same spot in the cargo hold. We all tried to photograph him but only Rachel got a good shot in the dark corner. The next morning we found a sweet plantain busted open and half eaten away, which attracted more flies than one could believe. Soanya covered all the food in the galley with tightly tied plastic screen and we sleep under a mosquito net. The locals said bats are bad to have around. We asked why. They said “Because they bite your ears and toes.” We don’t want bats to get too friendly either because they might bring their friends with them. Then it could get unsanitary. It is spooky to hear them flap and flutter around us at night. So far though, they haven’t bothered us too much. The Beat of a Wooden Drum Wednesday, 14 March 2012 Feb.15, 2012Supanam Finally we woke up to a clear sunny day and we really appreciated it. I was beginning to think the big wooden boat on the shore looked a lot like Noah’s ark through the curtain of rain. Darshen and I rowed ashore for a visit. The boat builder, Nato, and his crew work hard all day. We hear them pounding on the wooden hull which sounds like a big wooden drum echoing across our little jungle river. We see progress on their boat every day. The smell of fresh cut wood wafts over to us. We work every day too but our progress is difficult to see. It takes time to gather materials and workers, and plan major rebuilds. Besides being busy as a mother, Soanya does the shopping, cooking, cleaning and organizing in the aft section of the schooner, as well as sending out our stories. Rachel handles every kind of work but is now specializing in trying to solve our electrical problems. Alex takes care of every kind of muscle work and engine related jobs. They really like being here and express wonder at every little bug, butterfly, and bird. They also enjoy socializing with the local people here and getting a feel for the culture. I am still in wonder at being here. It is a special unique place far off the beaten path. It took three local pilots to get us here and it wasn’t without mishap. I almost feel more isolated here than I did at sea. I will feel more at home when I have wavey seas around me in every direction. Soanya’s View:I am really enjoying my stay here in Guyana . I experience it both as a tourist and as a familiar place at the same time. I like that I can understand and almost speak the pigeon English and that the food is fresh and delicious. Darshen is having so much fun playing with other kids his age. There are a lot of children of all ages everywhere who are happy to have another playmate and he is beginning to pick up the language too (which might be confusing for him when he gets back to New York ). Thankfully, the rains have eased off and the mud is drying so its more pleasant to walk around (traded in my rubber boots for slippers) and we finally caught up with all the laundry from the voyage over here that needed a good washing and drying in hot tropical sun. A lot of people don’t have refrigerators here. Not that they need it since no one wants to eat day old food anyway. They also don’t have hot water, but again in the tropical heat, hot water wouldn’t be used too often anyway. It’s a very simple and basic style of living, but meets all of the needs of the people. I would like to see more art and creative expressions. There doesn’t seem to be any creative writing, painting, drawing, music, theater, or sculpture going on. There is some dance and singing in the capital city, but in the countryside even that is missing. I hope I see a little more of the artsy side before I leave.

#4098 Aloha 27

Aloha 27

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

Nice work RV.
Nearly enough to get a new head for the barge.

Attached Files

#4099 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

Someone just got thrown under the bus --

"Rachel handles every kind of work but is now specializing in trying to solve our electrical problems."

#4100 Aloha 27

Aloha 27

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

The working title will be "BZZZZT! Electricity for beginners."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users