6 replies to this topic

#1 TalonF4U

TalonF4U

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

Who races in northwestern Nevada? I see websites claiming big Laser fleets, at least. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

#2 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,655 posts
  • Interests:SA is DEAD

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

Tahoe City YC does a Thursday night thats popular but your at the end of the season. Check their calendar. The Tahoe folks I know all do the beer can racing pretty active group during the summers. During the winters RYC dry yard tends to expand as the Tahoe sailors move to the Bay for winter sailing.

#3 Pete M

Pete M

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,839 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:22 PM

there's a guy in truckee with a modern I14

He comes down to the bay area and so cal for racing

He organizes a I14 regatta on donner lake in june, but it was canceled this year due to snow

I think he says the best place to sail on tahoe is out of tahoe city - google tahoe YC

#4 TalonF4U

TalonF4U

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:48 PM

He organizes a I14 regatta on donner lake in june, but it was canceled this year due to snow

I think he says the best place to sail on tahoe is out of tahoe city - google tahoe YC

Tahoe YC: 1.5 hrs from my prosepective residence....perhaps I'd better get a lead sled to stay on while i'm sailing dingies all weekend.

I-14-Now we're talking. I suppose he could beat up on my 505 or IC, so long as he was upright, anyway. I expect I've run into that guy at dinghy regattas in Richmond before...

Donner lake would be an epic race! I'm in! Anyone ever sailed out in Pyramid Lake?

I see lots of Laser stuff and mild PHRF stuff on the Tahoe YC website, but nary a whisper about small boats other than a three-boat multihull class in the Trans-Tahoe. Who's got the scoop?

#5 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,655 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

Given the limited places to keep your boat in the lake and they come out for winter. Probably cheaper to find a tent trailer rig or toss a camper on the truck to crash in when your at the lake. This is my set up boat is sitting on one of these next on the list is a dolly.
http://popuptimes.com/?p=136

Spent a couple of days at Donner it did seem like a decent sailing lake never sailed it. Have water skiied it way back in the day. Next time we go up to Donner I'm taking the RS FEVA to do a little sailing.

#6 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,501 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

you're jokin'

#7 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,655 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

you're jokin'

Shoot there was still lots of snow in August last summer when we were up there. This year they'll be lucky if they have water in the lake at this rate LOL.

Tahoe City YC is the top place for racing activity in the Tahoe Area during the Summer. Winter time most of the Tahoe sailors are found at Richmond YC down on the Bay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users