#1 us7070

us7070

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:51 PM

yachtworld listing

"No sails are included with this specifciation as the owner is keeping them for his next J/111"

so, he's selling a one year old boat, to get a new new one, but keeping the sails?

what's wrong with the current boat?

i could see keeping the boat, and buying new sails...

#2 crashtestdummy

crashtestdummy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:08 PM

yachtworld listing

"No sails are included with this specifciation as the owner is keeping them for his next J/111"

so, he's selling a one year old boat, to get a new new one, but keeping the sails?

I have heard about some build issues already developing...anyone with a boat want to provide first hand thoughts on that?

#3 j109

j109

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:33 PM

They are coming to Key West and it costs more to ship a boat both ways from the UK than the depreciation. They have had a successful season finishing 2nd in RORC Overall for 2011. She was at Southampton Boat Show and looked good. She certainly attracted the crowds attention.

#4 us7070

us7070

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:45 PM

They are coming to Key West and it costs more to ship a boat both ways from the UK than the depreciation.

well, i guess they won't know that for sure till they sell the boat...

#5 firestarter

firestarter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:18 PM

yachtworld listing

I have heard about some build issues already developing...anyone with a boat want to provide first hand thoughts on that?

I own hull #8, apart from some non-build-related teething pains it's a completely solid boat.

#6 Jambalaya

Jambalaya

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,270 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:56 PM

The owner is buying another new J111. This boat is US built so doesn't have the European spec like headlining and oven etc. My guess is he wants to upgrade to that spec. Also as a "lead buyer" I am sure he got that boat and his next one at a good price.

crashtest - I've bought two brand new and one used J-boat and there has never been a whiff of any build issue. I've looked over 3 J111's inc this one and they all looked very nicely put together.

#7 ragbag

ragbag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:25 PM

I own hull #8, apart from some non-build-related teething pains it's a completely solid boat.

I own #4, and boat has been solid. Agree with the teething issues, but I know of no reason why a more recent hull would have advantages over ours.

#8 Jim Z

Jim Z

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:50 AM

I own #4, and boat has been solid. Agree with the teething issues, but I know of no reason why a more recent hull would have advantages over ours.

Mirror RagBag's comments. We have hull #17 here in SF Bay along with RagBag's #4. Some minor teething issues that were proactively addressed by J and our local dealer. We have yet to go as fast as RagBag...;0)) and #4 has many ocean miles and racing success under her belt.

#9 hermetic

hermetic

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:17 AM

Only major recall / problem was with the turnbuckles, which the manufacturer replaced.

Other issues were cosmetic.

#10 4deckgye

4deckgye

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:07 PM

Not unusual, One design Fleet building.

#11 jolly

jolly

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:22 PM

They are coming to Key West and it costs more to ship a boat both ways from the UK than the depreciation. They have had a successful season finishing 2nd in RORC Overall for 2011. She was at Southampton Boat Show and looked good. She certainly attracted the crowds attention.

and as well as doing Key West the owner might be spending more time in US as well, so why keep a boat in UK doing nothing and have 2 boats?

look at it the other way......what an endorsement to order one more, when you you still have your original.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users