12 replies to this topic

#1 Jerryd

Jerryd

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:12 PM

Seems like I saw a comment about used 7.5's available, but I can't find any listings? Maybe it was a dream :blink:

Jerry

#2 ACP

ACP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:43 AM

Try contacting Flying Tiger Boats directly for more information. There are a couple of demo FT 7.5s you could ask about. Might be a good way to get a well kept essentially new boat for a good deal.

#3 youngpunk

youngpunk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Offshore going fast

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:31 AM

hey Andrew.....
what does a new 7.5 run for? and what would it cost to charter one for a couple days.

#4 Monster Mash

Monster Mash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,739 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:26 AM

Shame the 7.5 never took off. I feel sorry for Tom. Stevens and Akagp screwed the pooch.
Where is Stevens now?

#5 Tiger 20

Tiger 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:14 AM

Shame the 7.5 never took off. I feel sorry for Tom. Stevens and Akagp screwed the pooch.
Where is Stevens now?

Great boat.

#6 akaGP

akaGP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:44 AM

Where is Stevens now?

Bill DaMan Stevens and GP live heir dreams every single day compared to pathetic trolls like you who waste their lives spewing shit while spinning wheels, going nowhere.

I am proud and grateful to have known such men as Bill and Brian Stevens; for me, their word was their bond.

#7 Jerryd

Jerryd

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

Where is Stevens now?

Bill DaMan Stevens and GP live heir dreams every single day compared to pathetic trolls like you who waste their lives spewing shit while spinning wheels, going nowhere.

I am proud and grateful to have known such men as Bill and Brian Stevens; for me, their word was their bond.

I don't know who these people are, but is it safe to say that the 7.5 is no longer being produced and therefore no used ones are available??

#8 Steam Flyer

Steam Flyer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,027 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:28 PM

Where is Stevens now?

I don't know who these people are, but is it safe to say that the 7.5 is no longer being produced and therefore no used ones are available??

Prolly not inthis country. Last I heard, the builder was making a run of them (a hundred? more?) for the Chinese Navy to use as sail trainers.

FB- Doug

#9 ACP

ACP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:49 PM

Glad you guys are interested. I really do think it is a good boat. With a few more boats around the interest would really start to spread. There are 5 boats in the US: mine, one in Dana Point, one went east (alabama I think), and two at Flying Tiger Boats. Last I heard they are being used for the Chinese navy academy, (although not quite a hundred). The boat is being produced and new boats can be purchased. I don't know the price but imagine it is around $44,000 base price. My boat has been up for charter. I think it was around $270 per day. It would be great to see some more boats out there. All this info is nonofficial - email Flying Tiger Boats for more info.

#10 GybeSetŪ

GybeSetŪ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,221 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

Where is Stevens now?

incorrect

#11 TVHSD

TVHSD

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:41 PM

I can get you used FT 7.5 or even a new one for that matter. All you have to do is ask. tom@flyingtigerboats.com

#12 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,093 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

GP:
I am with you on that.

#13 GybeSetŪ

GybeSetŪ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,221 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

hardly late breaking news but answers the questions (2010)

FT 7.5m
As mentioned above, the yard is close to delivery of (15) FT 7.5s. We went through them piece by piece and are quite happy with the job the builder has done. The original FT 7.5 that was in San Diego and then the East coast is now headed back to SD. After some minor detailing it will be offered for sale well under replacement cost. Two more FT 7.5s will land in San Diego in May to bring the San Diego total to 5 boats.

Demo Race Sails on the FT 7.5m
We are offering demo sails in San Diego on (2) FT 7.5 every Tuesday evening beginning April 19. We have a race committee provided by Harbor Sailboats and will match race the boats with owner prospects driving. Bring your crew of 3 total and we will provide a representative aboard with you for an evening of real world testing. If you fly in, I will put you up for the night on a charter boat and if you buy a 7.5, I will refund your airfare. (some restrictions apply) Email me for reservations as openings are limited. You don't have to be an owner prospect to participate but you do have to be a promoter or at minimum, a guest celebrity.

any more news on the fleet build for the asian market

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users