8 replies to this topic

#1 dolphinmaster

dolphinmaster

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:07 AM

Come on SD folks, spill the beans. Enough bitchin about morons.

#2 Clewless

Clewless

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:37 AM

Very simple - with the storm the day before, it was light and lumpy but the angles were perfect for us.

With the winds quite a bit south of where it normally blows from, the FT's had good angles to beat/tight reach out the bay to 1st mark. It was a long deep spin run on leg 2, another good angle for FT's. Followed by a tight spin reach to 3rd mark and close to a straight beat on leg 4. Then a tight spin reach to the finish. The course was almost perfect for our limited OD sail inventory. 4 FT's in the top 6 out of 122 boats.

We would have caught the Ed if only we had a working kelp stick....

Clew

#3 dolphinmaster

dolphinmaster

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:06 PM

Very simple - with the storm the day before, it was light and lumpy but the angles were perfect for us.

With the winds quite a bit south of where it normally blows from, the FT's had good angles to beat/tight reach out the bay to 1st mark. It was a long deep spin run on leg 2, another good angle for FT's. Followed by a tight spin reach to 3rd mark and close to a straight beat on leg 4. Then a tight spin reach to the finish. The course was almost perfect for our limited OD sail inventory. 4 FT's in the top 6 out of 122 boats.

Clew

Thanks CDub,

so it appears the FT is a real cudgel in the light. What were the wind speeds and was there much current?

Bob, I use to have an SR Max by Glen Henderson and in the light, it was awesome. I always wondered what specific aspects of the underwater shape were so favorable to slipperyness. What about the FT-10? With all the hull discussions going on the boards, let's not leave off the Tiger.

#4 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,450 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:20 AM

That's just great you guys. Wait till I tell my wife. She'll say, "Oh,,,that's nice."
I may strut around the house tonight. I think I have a right to do that given your results.
Yippee!

#5 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,450 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:18 PM

Bump:
I had to get that post about handbags off the top.
Not unless some of you Oz Tiger sailers need new handbags.

#6 Jetsam

Jetsam

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:50 PM

Clew

Nah..

Posted Image

#7 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,329 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:07 AM

Clew

it was like this:

#8 superduperbow

superduperbow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:08 AM

is the hot rum races here in SD outside the bay!!!!! OMFG FINALLY BACK INTO THE OCEAN!

#9 FT-10 #9

FT-10 #9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:sailing

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:55 PM

is the hot rum races here in SD outside the bay!!!!! OMFG FINALLY BACK INTO THE OCEAN!

Starts in the bay near the West end of Shelter Island, goes out into the ocean for a bit, and returns to finish where it started.
Can be a bit random.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users