Anything going on with them down there?

#2 Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:51 AM

I think there is one sailing in Auckland.
Sorry, i dont recall the name, or much else

#3 overbend

overbend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:12 AM

Anything going on with them down there?

Yes there is, contact Tony Smith at Westhaven Marine Brokers. 09 376 0102

Before I get flamed severly

Please note: I dont work for Westhaven Marine Brokers, I rate yacht brokers only slightly above tow truck drivers and private security guards on the evolutionary scale and actually prefer sailing multihulls.Posted Image

#4 Jono

Jono

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:58 PM

The one down here was bought in as a demo new boat for sale. They put good sails on it, but tried to keep it unused to sell. Which didn't happen despite a reasonable marketing effort.
Eventually they started sailing it with an average crew and results were ok but not really doing it any favours. More recently it has had a better crew and going great guns.
You have to remember in NZ we have a full gaggle of 30 - 35 foot boats all 20+ years old, and a lot of them are severely hot rodded. So you can buy cheaper, faster, and better coastal boats already.
And the only new yachts selling in NZ are discounted AWB cruising boats from Europe.
Where the FT would have worked best in NZ is an owner buying here and then heading off and chartering in Oz or USA for regattas. And there are only a few of them around.

#5 Tiger 20

Tiger 20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:41 AM

The one down here was bought in as a demo new boat for sale. They put good sails on it, but tried to keep it unused to sell. Which didn't happen despite a reasonable marketing effort.
Eventually they started sailing it with an average crew and results were ok but not really doing it any favours. More recently it has had a better crew and going great guns.
You have to remember in NZ we have a full gaggle of 30 - 35 foot boats all 20+ years old, and a lot of them are severely hot rodded. So you can buy cheaper, faster, and better coastal boats already.
And the only new yachts selling in NZ are discounted AWB cruising boats from Europe.
Where the FT would have worked best in NZ is an owner buying here and then heading off and chartering in Oz or USA for regattas. And there are only a few of them around.

Jono.
Is the boat sailing to it's rating. What's the name of the boat?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users