15 replies to this topic

#1 port tack

port tack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

Bob, I really enjoyed my FT10. My dream boat is something like a SC37 or a J111. Doesn't need to be as nice down stairs as a SC37. A small gally, small berths and a nav station. Boat needs to be capable of offshore work and bouy racing. No more than a 7ft 6in draft. planning hull and overall fast, faster than a J111 is a must. Am I crazy? Can it be done and for how much?

#2 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

Perhaps if asked in the CA forum you'd get a better response, but there WAS a plan for a FT 12 that fizzled for some reason.

One thing is a boat in that size is just a LOT more than just 6 feet longer, so shipping & many other aspect become much more expensive.

#3 akaGP

akaGP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:56 AM

Bob, I really enjoyed my FT10. My dream boat is something like a SC37 or a J111. Doesn't need to be as nice down stairs as a SC37. A small gally, small berths and a nav station. Boat needs to be capable of offshore work and bouy racing. No more than a 7ft 6in draft. planning hull and overall fast, faster than a J111 is a must. Am I crazy? Can it be done and for how much?

No you are not crazy, and it already has been done.

If you are interested and can handle few more inches of draft, I know someone who already has a boat that you described; a 37.5' Goetz built flyer, well under 9,000 lbs with a full cruising interior and ~6'-3' headroom.

Attached Files

#4 GybeSetŪ

GybeSetŪ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,228 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:09 AM

Farr 40 OD plus irc 'rater' keel to your specs

bout 200k give or take

#5 port tack

port tack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:57 PM

No you are not crazy, and it already has been done.

If you are interested and can handle few more inches of draft, I know someone who already has a boat that you described; a 37.5' Goetz built flyer, well under 9,000 lbs with a full cruising interior and ~6'-3' headroom.

George how fast is it? Will it get up?

Thought about the Farr, but would like a more modern hull and a Assy is a must.

#6 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,233 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:22 PM

Port tack:
I never say, "It can't be done." If I did there would be no FT10m, no Baba 30 and no Bob Perry. It can always be done. Little by nlittle you just strip away the parts that won't work and in the end you have a good boat.
I think Schooner Creek could build it reasonably but they sure can't compete with a used production boat. We'd have to do some preliminary drawings and have SC take a look to get a good idea of a price. When you finish digesting all the advice you are getting here I'd be willing to talk to you about a project. Glad you are enjoying the 7.5.

#7 Amati

Amati

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,666 posts
  • Interests:0 (t) = 0

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:27 AM

Something close- look in Perry on Design, Amati. ( No, she's NOT for sale, but the design might amuse you.) Effortless speed. Schooner Creek build. 40'. 9600 lbs. A bit deeper than you want. Skinny.

I for one think she would make nice series boat. You would want masthead everything no doubt.

:lol:

#8 Kent H

Kent H

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

Is this what you were looking for?

#9 port tack

port tack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

Nope, 4-6 feet shorter LOA and max draft of 7.6ft. So shrink it down and maybe. Didn't know Bob didn't draw the 13.5 interesting. Wish i could warm up to the J 111.

#10 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,233 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

Port:
Ivan Erdevicki and I work together. I have know Ivan for years and he has done engineering on severaal of my boats. Ivan will be here at the house this week going over two current projects we are working on. Ivan is a great guy.

#11 LakeBoy

LakeBoy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

Hyjack Warning

Bob,

Did the Blue Pearl get built?

End Hyjack

#12 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,233 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

Lake:
Only in the mind of my clients. It just died a slow death as the economy crashed. It might come back to life but if it does it will just look like an old design to me and there is probably not a line on it that I wouldn't change today. That happens over time.

#13 nroose

nroose

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,574 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:33 AM

Bob is always the diplomat, and seems like he has no gripes, but...

Why is it called the 13.8 when it is really 13.41?

And it doesn't quite look like a Perry.

But it does look pretty good!

#14 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,233 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

The design is mine as rendered by Ivan. Simple as that. Can't remember why there is a LOA disrepancy. Ivan is currently doing a 3d model of a 29' powerboat I am working on. We collaborate.

#15 nroose

nroose

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,574 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:46 AM

My apologies, Bob.

#16 JSR11

JSR11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:One Design Sailing

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

Port Tack, GP's boat is a rocket. Way ahead of it's time. Worth looking into.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users