#1 Wang

Wang

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:yachting

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:06 AM

Ok I will admit I have a bit of a hard on for this boat and have been watching it and its near sister but am wondering really how fast is it?

I think this thing is the fucking whip and would have one on my holiday wish list if I thought it would fit down the chimney. The boat seems to have great proportions and obviously screams down wind but how does it go up wind (besides like a 36 foot boat). I really like this thing and would like to know as much as I could about it even though I could never afford one just a big fan of the boat, the program, and the fun these boys seem to be having

#2 George Hackett

George Hackett

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:11 AM

my best understanding of the boat is she is very light but very stiff so she could hold her own upwind. i believe that was part of the design brief.

#3 PHM

PHM

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:08 AM

According to their write up of this race (Link), the General goes pretty darn well upwind in the heavy stuff...

"To our amazement the boat hung in with much larger rivals and extended on the 40 footers – all whilst sailing upwind in 30+".

#4 The Advocate

The Advocate

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,350 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:54 AM

"It's quick."

"How quick?"

"How big are your balls."

#5 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,835 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:34 PM

It goes to plaid.

#6 DRIFTW00D

DRIFTW00D

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:52 PM

$. 4th mode Please!

#7 Poodle56

Poodle56

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Beer & Adventure......

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:53 PM

She bangs...... :lol:

#8 The Commodore

The Commodore

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:To t-bone a j class boat while on port tack at a bucket regatta.

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

It goes to plaid.

#9 Wang

Wang

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:07 PM

Ok Ok I guess I had that coming when I asked how quick this badass little ride is .

But seriously just wondering how quick this boat could be. I have seen the specs (shes got a monster of a rig and the righting moment for it) but are we talking it will take a Farr 40 to the back alley and anally rape the thing up hill and 52 speeds downwind while it blowing a million and the boys are still chugging beers like its going out of style or what. I mean those numbers are allot to ask of a fairly conventional (wet lam foam core fixed keel) 36 footer.

I love how this thing seems to be a brick shit house and seems to keep going no matter what the conditions allot like the last two BIG blue 52 footers that came out of Davie Norris. But I am thinking just like both Vince and Vella that this thing cant deliver in every condition (although I have asked myself many times before how in the hell is the big blue shitter with a fucking shower in it still hanging in there right off our hip!!) and that condition is has often been when its blowing when its blowing 8-12.

This little boat is the tits and these guys attitude is something we need more of in states..... Boys of the General I salute you and give you a big thumbs up

#10 port tack

port tack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

How much U.S. would it cost to build one? Tooling still has to be around right? Very cool boat, and luv the name.

#11 trimfast

trimfast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

Seems like they designed another winner.

http://www.bakewell-white.com/wawcs0139819/idDetails=169/The-Giant-Killing-“Little-Blue-Maxi”-is-tearing-up-the-town!.html

#12 whynotsolo?

whynotsolo?

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:racing short handed, windsurfing, good rum :)

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:45 PM

General Lee's sister ship is Alfresco. Alfresco splashed first. Evolution Sails are on both boats. The sails were made in New Zealand by my sail maker which is how I became informed and interested in the boat. The boats haul ass when windy but the large/wide transom is slow in light air. Most offshore sailing in New Zealand is very windy by US standards. It is typical to see 30 knots.

There was a video earlier this year on SA of General Lee hauling ass in a downwind race. Evolution Sails had the wardrobe on the top 3 finishers. So if you guys remember the blue boats, I believe that one of them might have been the 52 ftr named Vincitore. It is not a bakewell-white design. I beleive it is an R/P. It also had an Evolution Sails wardrobe. It is the only boat that has won 3 Rolex watches in one year.

No I don't have any affiliation with Evolution Sails any more than owning and racing with them. They are great. Buy one and find out for yourself.

Cheers

#13 Lee G

Lee G

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

Who cares about how fast she is...the boat is racist. :blink:

edit - (that was sarcasm)

#14 jackolantern

jackolantern

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

General Lee's sister ship is Alfresco. Alfresco splashed first. Evolution Sails are on both boats. The sails were made in New Zealand by my sail maker which is how I became informed and interested in the boat. The boats haul ass when windy but the large/wide transom is slow in light air. Most offshore sailing in New Zealand is very windy by US standards. It is typical to see 30 knots.

There was a video earlier this year on SA of General Lee hauling ass in a downwind race. Evolution Sails had the wardrobe on the top 3 finishers. So if you guys remember the blue boats, I believe that one of them might have been the 52 ftr named Vincitore. It is not a bakewell-white design. I beleive it is an R/P. It also had an Evolution Sails wardrobe. It is the only boat that has won 3 Rolex watches in one year.

No I don't have any affiliation with Evolution Sails any more than owning and racing with them. They are great. Buy one and find out for yourself.

Cheers

you know given your posts here I don't think an endorsement from you is all that, well, useful.

#15 notallthere

notallthere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts
  • Interests:any sport that starts with S

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:06 PM

Cheers

Posted Image

Nice Evolution Logo...

#16 Speng

Speng

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts
  • Interests:stuff with sails

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

the thing I like is the 8 (or 9 if there is a hidden jib trimmer) crew.

Any idea (1) why this thing whoops so much IRC ass in Oz when a fast 36 footer is supposed to be a no-no under IRC? (2) would it do similarly in say England where the IRC competition might be more competitive?

#17 trimfast

trimfast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:51 PM

Cheers

If the general splashed second after alfresco how different is the general?

#18 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:52 PM

Cheers

Looking for a good deal on your next Opti sail? Buy an ad Douche.

#19 prozak

prozak

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:07 PM

I think I'm in love

http://www.sail-worl...-Auckland/69255

#20 Ricky Bobby

Ricky Bobby

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:if you aint 1st your last

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:18 AM

Any idea (1) why this thing whoops so much IRC ass in Oz when a fast 36 footer is supposed to be a no-no under IRC? (2) would it do similarly in say England where the IRC competition might be more competitive?

(1) partly because the guys sail it harder/faster than the others, also likes longer offshore races (where the boat has it results)
(2) all depends of the racing your doing and the conditions that race is in.

#21 Scarecrow

Scarecrow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:07 AM

Don't forget it does most of it's racing on the west coast which is as very small fish bowl when it comes to yacht racing.

#22 BlueBoy

BlueBoy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:44 AM

Don't forget it does most of it's racing on the west coast which is as very small fish bowl when it comes to yacht racing.

Correct they should bring it over to the East Coast and give it a rip in some of the bigger ocean races and see how it goes against some of the best. I'm tipping pretty good still though.

#23 tuf-luf

tuf-luf

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,571 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:16 AM

4th mode? Pheh!

These guys crank tunes to 11 and launch it downhill at ludicrous speed!

GASP

Not ludicrous speed!?

Yes, ludicrous speed.

#24 mezaire

mezaire

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:45 AM

Cheers

If the general splashed second after alfresco how different is the general?

GLee is a little longer (a foot?) but due to some designer/owner cleverness it actually rates lower than Alfresco.
Also Glee has the grinders which I think some of the Alfresco crew are wishing for!!

#25 prozak

prozak

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

What's it rate?

How does it go in w/l races?

#26 akasideshow

akasideshow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:05 PM

my guess is that its actually designed really well, perhaps a lot better than those with too many people to try and please before the boats off the design table
maybe the design brief originated with someone who knew what was fast and cared, rather than someone who just worried about appealing to a broader spectrum

flame flame flamity flame away

btw best boat I've seen in donkeys

#27 Kack

Kack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:46 PM

By golly that General really hauls ass dontshe. Weesh that Bakeright guy would drawerr one up for some 'Mericans ta git.

Go the General
:middel fangers:

#28 SailDry

SailDry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

Rates about -3 PHRF. I'll take a Farr 40 for a lot less money and enough used sails around to last a lifetime.

#29 Matt B

Matt B

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

Rates about -3 PHRF. I'll take a Farr 40 for a lot less money and enough used sails around to last a lifetime.

Ok so you take your cheap plastic 40 footer with used sails and watch the GL smoke past you. If you compare the two, then you don't understand. Apples and oranges.

#30 facthunt

facthunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

dang farr 40 varmets, wait til boss hog hears bout this, now you runlong n play with those holes in your pants.

#31 Wang

Wang

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:41 PM

I guess that is kinda the question... This boat is obviously slanted to the heavy air offshore type of race which is heaps of fun with a boat that can foot and get up and go downwind

But on the other hand how does she go against something like a Farr 40 in say a W/L or non plaid conditions

I love the size range and love the boat

#32 SailDry

SailDry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:44 PM

Ok so you take your cheap plastic 40 footer with used sails and watch the GL smoke past you. If you compare the two, then you don't understand. Apples and oranges.

I understand a speed to dollar ratio. Unlimited funding I'd prefer GL, but reality bites.

GL 1.186 $350K
Farr 40 1.192 $120K

#33 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,835 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:51 PM

I understand a speed to dollar ratio. Unlimited funding I'd prefer GL, but reality bites.

GL 1.186 $350K
Farr 40 1.192 $120K

Try again.

#34 Wang

Wang

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

F the price I love the trickle down that the smaller boats are getting......First it was the fast 50's then the fast 40's and now it would be awesome to see the mid 30's foot offshore boats get a kick in the pants. Something like the new kerr boats, Carkeek boats, and JV would be sweet because lets face it who wants to be going offshore on a small 32 footer.

#35 festus

festus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:14 PM

GL 1.186 $350K
Farr 40 1.192 $120K

Try again.

I am curious what the Pure 36 will weigh when it is built in E glass.

The design is based loosely on Bakewell-White's very successful race yacht General Lee, but with a more harbour and coastal racing focus. The Pure 36 will qualify for Category 1 approval if required, and will certainly be an offshore capable boat. Construction will be in epoxy resins with a combination of eglass and carbon laminates, with all components being produced in female moulds.

http://www.lloydstevensonyachts.co.nz/page/news/

#36 lydia

lydia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:37 PM

It never leaves West Australia so that is a bit like never going to the South coast of England

There is no real evidence that it is an IRC winner as alledged

#37 facthunt

facthunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

It never leaves West Australia so that is a bit like never going to the South coast of England

There is no real evidence that it is an IRC winner as alledged

well shoot i knowed boss hog would have somthin to say bout this,

#38 Wang

Wang

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:06 PM

That Pure 36 is pretty sweet!!! That seems like a very smart and reasonable way of bringing boats like these to a wider market of people

#39 bbr

bbr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:15 AM

Why does a 36' boat have wheels and a grinder?... a bit overkill if you ask me...

I bet a Soto 40 will cream this thing...

#40 mezaire

mezaire

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:44 AM

Why does a 36' boat have wheels and a grinder?... a bit overkill if you ask me...

Have you ever helmed a boat downwind for 24 hours at 20+ knots with a tiller?? Pretty damn exhausting!!!

And in those conditions with an assy line speed rules. If you turn the trimming winch twice as fast on every wave for 24 hours the the grinders are a no brainer.

The Soto 40 might have the legs uphill in light to medium against GLee but but for a 37 footer GLee goes uphill like a demon and I can't see many boats under 50ft getting away from here downhill in a blow, even a Soto 40. Remembering also Glee was designed for offshore work where as the S40 is a regatta/inshore beast.

#41 MSA

MSA

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:47 AM

I guess that is kinda the question... This boat is obviously slanted to the heavy air offshore type of race which is heaps of fun with a boat that can foot and get up and go downwind

But on the other hand how does she go against something like a Farr 40 in say a W/L or non plaid conditions

I love the size range and love the boat

The internet results for Geographe Bay Race Week have been taken offline but,

2 x older, IRC Modified Farr 40's would beat G.L, on corrected and over the line in the W.L courses, It started to stretch its legs in the short passage races but the legs were not quite long enough for them.

It has all been discussed here before.. As for the wheels and Grinder, for pure offshore its a great idea, inshore is a different story.

#42 facthunt

facthunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:38 AM

Have you ever helmed a boat downwind for 24 hours at 20+ knots with a tiller?? Pretty damn exhausting!!!

And in those conditions with an assy line speed rules. If you turn the trimming winch twice as fast on every wave for 24 hours the the grinders are a no brainer.

The Soto 40 might have the legs uphill in light to medium against GLee but but for a 37 footer GLee goes uphill like a demon and I can't see many boats under 50ft getting away from here downhill in a blow, even a Soto 40. Remembering also Glee was designed for offshore work where as the S40 is a regatta/inshore beast.

i have helmed at 20kts plus with a tiller and its not a problem if the rudder is ballanced, also found it best to trim as little as possible,often had guys on the boat trimming like fuck for an
hour an a half before they blew the casing out of the sheet. you only need to grind old pigs through waves.

#43 BAR KARATE

BAR KARATE

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
  • Interests:Alcoholic with a Sailing Problem

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:07 AM

Ignorance is bliss ..........

#44 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:49 AM

i have helmed at 20kts plus with a tiller and its not a problem if the rudder is ballanced, also found it best to trim as little as possible,often had guys on the boat trimming like fuck for an
hour an a half before they blew the casing out of the sheet. you only need to grind old pigs through waves.

yer an idiot. please be quiet

#45 facthunt

facthunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:32 AM

sorry i thought it was a prerequesite,quiet now.

#46 BAR KARATE

BAR KARATE

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
  • Interests:Alcoholic with a Sailing Problem

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:13 AM

sorry i thought it was a prerequesite,quiet now.

Don't worry fatchunt he's grumpy on Mondays ........

#47 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,519 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:30 AM

Are you saying that Grumpy is his sockpuppet??? :P

Grumps won't be happy about that! :o

#48 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,835 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:03 PM

Posted Image

#49 SailDry

SailDry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:32 PM

GL 1.186 $350K
Farr 40 1.192 $120K

Try again.

Pre sails and electronics.

#50 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,835 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:39 PM

GL 1.186 $350K
Farr 40 1.192 $120K

Try again.

Pre sails and electronics.

And again.

#51 SailDry

SailDry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:48 PM

Fine. What is the number then?

#52 Don

Don

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:09 AM

Don't know what GL "launch cost" was, but my one-of Reichel Pugh 36ft "sports yacht" was close as dammit to Aus $500K back in 2002.

#53 Flatbag

Flatbag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts
  • Interests:Shattering illusions

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:35 AM

Don't know what GL "launch cost" was, but my one-of Reichel Pugh 36ft "sports yacht" was close as dammit to Aus $500K back in 2002.

Much dearer than a Farr 40 at the time and it had already dropped in value by 2/3 by the time you bought it. At that rate of depreciation and in the real market today it must worth SFA now! Better hang on to it.

#54 Kack

Kack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:38 PM

With fancy new dresses and a limo ride to the prom I'd say about $550k US

#55 Wang

Wang

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:48 PM

So what we need is more rich folks (but not so rich that they can buy 52's) build some more badass boats like these so the not so rich folks like me could buy one second hand or third hand.

Alright people get your rich friends together and start spending I am not getting any younger!

#56 The Commodore

The Commodore

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:46 PM

So what we need is more rich folks (but not so rich that they can buy 52's) build some more badass boats like these so the not so rich folks like me could buy one second hand or third hand.

Alright people get your rich friends together and start spending I am not getting any younger!

You don't need to worry about rich folks buying 52's anymore.

#57 Broseidon

Broseidon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Pretty Obvious

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

You don't need to worry about rich folks buying 52's anymore.

Goodbye Med Cup

#58 Blur

Blur

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:36 PM

I actually did the math on the 36' segment some time ago. Cost on the starting line in multiples of the Average White Boat...

x1 = AWD used First 36,7
x2 = J/109
x3 = FinnFlyer 36 Club or J/111
x4 = One-off Corby 36
x5 = General Lee

But looking at the specs + sail inventory (listed here) it's reasonable. 100% carbon, grinder, retractable prop, etc, etc Go the general!

#59 Fun police

Fun police

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:27 PM

I actually did the math on the 36' segment some time ago. Cost on the starting line in multiples of the Average White Boat...

x1 = AWD used First 36,7
x2 = J/109
x4 = One-off Corby 36
x5 = General Lee

But looking at the specs + sail inventory (listed here) it's reasonable. 100% carbon, grinder, retractable prop, etc, etc Go the general!

Did that make sense to anyone else? Are you saying that Glee would be 5x the cost of a Bene 36.7?

#60 The Commodore

The Commodore

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:31 PM

x1 = AWD used First 36,7
x2 = J/109
x4 = One-off Corby 36
x5 = General Lee

Did that make sense to anyone else? Are you saying that Glee would be 5x the cost of a Bene 36.7?

Yachtworld has 36.7s from 99k to 135k, taking an average, I think what he's trying to say is General Lee would set you back $600k USD.

#61 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,835 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:38 PM

Plus a bit of change.

#62 Blur

Blur

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:32 PM

x1 = AWD used First 36,7
x2 = J/109
x4 = One-off Corby 36
x5 = General Lee

Yachtworld has 36.7s from 99k to 135k, taking an average, I think what he's trying to say is General Lee would set you back $600k USD.

At least :)

I'm sure you can do the math at 50 feet as well. A new TP52 would be >5x the cost of a First 50... But I guess you get what you pay for.

#63 n00b

n00b

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:13 AM

I'm sure we're all just bored and - from someone who grew up on Dukes of Hazzard - I do appreciate the paint job and Catherine Bach etc, but I have a hard time believing the boat is really going to perform any better than, say, a J/125?

#64 whynotsolo?

whynotsolo?

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:racing short handed, windsurfing, good rum :)

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:20 AM

Doghouse is the closest! The General was $US 700k with sails and electronics. The grinder was about 22k w/gear box, 62k for B&G electronics. You can have it for $400k, its for sale, if not already mentioned in this forum.

#65 pogen

pogen

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:16 AM

The General Lee, donning the Confederate flag, barred by NASCAR at March race at PIR

Read more: http://www.azcentral...l#ixzz1mhgOGVr4

#66 Turkey Slapper

Turkey Slapper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,868 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:02 AM

The General Lee, donning the Confederate flag, barred by NASCAR at March race at PIR

Well arnt you Yanks all fucked up!

#67 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,835 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

Exactly why I don't watch NASCAR anymore. Bunch of fucking pussies.

#68 alcoholfunnycar

alcoholfunnycar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars, fast boats.

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

Well arnt you Yanks all fucked up!

Yeah. Stupid NASCAR, banning racist dogwhistles. They aren't enlightened like Australia.

#69 trenace

trenace

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

Hmm, several years back I had read Australia was right about to amend their constitution to remove some racially discriminatory parts. No big rush, only the 21st Century: it's understandable that a prudent nation wouldn't want to be hasty.

But checking now, apparently they haven't really got rid of all that yet and are thinking about doing something about it real soon now. Ripper!

I suggest a reduction in smugness from down under with regard to commentary on America, which certain of them just can't stop doing it seems. Funny, we don't see the slightest need to comment on you, except on occasion in reply to your little remarks.

#70 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

Hmm, several years back I had read Australia was right about to amend their constitution to remove some racially discriminatory parts. No big rush, only the 21st Century: it's understandable that a prudent nation wouldn't want to be hasty.

But checking now, apparently they haven't really got rid of all that yet and are thinking about doing something about it in 2013. Ripper!

I suggest a reduction in smugness from down under with regard to commentary on America, which certain of them just can't stop doing it seems. Funny, we don't see the slightest need to comment on you, except on occasion in reply to your little remarks.

cite please

#71 trenace

trenace

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

I should have written "possibly before 2013" rather than "in 2013." Immediately prior to your post I'd seen the error and had changed it to "real soon now." Apologies for the intial imprecision and resulting need for edit. However, the exact timing is a relatively minor point. The major matter remains.

One citation: http://www.guardian....tion-referendum

I trust you can find the Australian Constituion yourself: read Section 25 and Section 51 part 26, understand that this is still the highest law of Australia in 2012, and then consider the doctrines, Cast the beam from your own eye; or, Physician, heal thyself.

#72 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

several years back eh?

btw trannie...what do you sail?

#73 trenace

trenace

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

What?

The point you were arguing was not that Australia has yet to do it, but rather that several years back it was contemplated?

Sorry, I didn't bother making a note of it.

You are seriously claiming that it was not being considered a few years back to get rid of these racially discriminatory provisions?

If anything if you were right, that would be ilustrating the point even more strongly.

#74 trenace

trenace

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

As for your edit "cleverly" (by your standards) modifying my username:

Fuck you, you are a piece of shit. Not just this one occurrence, I have seen it many times with you with many people. Go suck Gybeset's cock. You two are a pair. I will not converse with you further as you certainly are not worth the slightest effort on my part. Besides this, most likely you'd follow the local custom of stalking with telephone calls to the home. I don't need the nuisance.

#75 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

What?

The point you were arguing was not that Australia has yet to do it, but rather that several years back it was contemplated?

Sorry, I didn't bother making a note of it.

You are seriously claiming that it was not being considered a few years back to get rid of these racially discriminatory provisions?

If anything if you were right, that would be ilustrating the point even more strongly.

no....i'm saying that you bullshitted. you did

As for your edit "cleverly" (by your standards) modifying my username:

Fuck you, you are a piece of shit. Not just this one occurrence, I have seen it many times with you with many people. Go suck Gybeset's cock. You two are a pair. I will not converse with you further as you certainly are not worth the slightest effort on my part.

so you don't sail anything? ok. why are you here?

btw...are you related to that Peter Griffin bloke? if not you have a doppleganger...wonder why that is?

#76 Heriberto

Heriberto

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,022 posts
  • Interests:Mount Gay Sugarcane

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

But checking now, apparently they haven't really got rid of all that yet and are thinking about doing something about it real soon now. Ripper!

Uh oh, cleanup in aisle "Australian Smug Lecturing".

AKA, "Oh no! Someone on the interweb said something bad about General Lee's paint job! Must act superior to Americans again (always, default mode)!"

Can someone tell me why God blessed us and chose that Australians speak English?

#77 Presuming Ed

Presuming Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,643 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

You call that English? Posted Image

#78 Heriberto

Heriberto

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,022 posts
  • Interests:Mount Gay Sugarcane

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

You call that English? Posted Image

Yeah, no shit.

#79 Dorado

Dorado

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

Can someone tell me why God blessed us and chose that Australians speak English?

Because you're a Yank and that rhymes with Tank and that's why they . . . :D

#80 Jackovator

Jackovator

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

for those who couldnt get access to the youtube....http://vimeo.com/54482615

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users