147 replies to this topic

#101 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,252 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:17 AM

Please allow me a quick bloviation: It's unfortunate some people didn't enjoy themselves and/or didn't find it rewarding in some way. One can't please everyone all the time. Personally, I didn't go because I have a bump knee and didn't want to wait in the mosh pit "lines" w/crutches for Gooseweiser. But, if memory serves, those lines are there every year. This should not have been a surprise - it happened even under the Go Irish administered WA.

Harden up shin dicks.

shin-dick

Using a woman's shin as an aiming device by resting the penis on her shin right before ejaculating for full facial targeting practice.
The only way he was able to hit her perfectly in the eye was by using the classic shin-dick position.
buy shin-dick mugs & shirts

shin-dick:
when you are acting like a cunt a woman will use the shin-dick technique, a strike to the shin with a stiletto then a knee to the dick...just to remind you that you are a cunt.

#102 Nautia

Nautia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:22 AM

I don't know, not sure what else went/is going on, but Nautigirl was very gracious and nice to me personally and my personal opinion is I don't think she deserves getting slagged in this way.

It wasn't her fault or Vegas's fault that the Bottom Lounge sucked for this gig.

Can't we all just get along.

:(

You're welcome. Perhaps you can see how it might have seemed misleading. It was late. No one knows how you got so drunk with drinks so hard to come by.

Getting the room picked up, SA banners down, making sure the coat check girl Patty was tipped and any leftover swag was returned to the sponsors fell on the few still standing.
Despite the mixed crowd, the nonexistent drinks, poor staffing, etc... It was no herculean effort to put forth a smile and enjoy an evening with fellow sailors on a snowy Chicago night.

Of course being blindsided the next day with random apologies from the host seemed odd but it didn't take away any of the fun. Was it unsettling to discover why, how and by whom. No well intending person wants to find out after the fact they were being played all along.

There was absolutly nothing anyone could have done at the time to fix what many perceived as poor planning. Those who made the best of the situation played through and had a great time. The others who'd rather pout then, as to bitch and blame later clearly did not.

Bottom line. If you didn't go what does it matter... you weren't there.

#103 Nautia

Nautia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:38 AM

Hotel internet has been taken over by High School Musical entourage ... neglecting to edit from a phone.

#104 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,252 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:56 AM

whatever slag, you could easily have sent a pm to vegas (or heriberto for that matter) unless you were hell bent on calling attention to yourself...bravo, well done, its all about you now. so the venue sucked, not the first time or the last. bfd.
you aren't doing yourself, or your ridiculous "nauti brand style", any favors.
i am sure your "girls" were lovely, they sure are cute as can be, and by all accounts they were personable, attractive and nice, but anything you are involved in, no fucking way would i attend or promote.
filthy low rent incompetent whore? drama mama? mt gay drink slinging hoes?
yeah...vegas had it right....you stay classy, babe.

#105 Heriberto

Heriberto

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Interests:Mount Gay Sugarcane

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:25 AM

Chicago's a great town. Fun 24/7. I'm texting this from Pippins.... Tomorrow homeward. Good time catching up with old friends and some of the nice SAers I've met over the years....

:-)

#106 Nautia

Nautia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

I miss living here too...felts great to be back. I'll keep Pippins in mind if I could ever find it again. As well as that wire fork. By the time I made it back they had packed up and left.

Safe travels.

#107 Rich Frye

Rich Frye

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

Please allow me a quick bloviation: ... I have a bump knee...

Harden up shin dicks.

Bump knee
noun

a condition of one less degree than 'shin dick', where one's knee is bumped by one's dick, as opposed to one's dick to shin.

"I would have gone to the party, but all the shin dicks there would make my bump knee look as to be lacking."

#108 12345

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

Aside from the never ending Salsa music I had a pretty good time.

Didn't even have a problem getting drinks when I needed them. HUSD

#109 Rich Frye

Rich Frye

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:58 PM

... HUSD

Harden Up Skin Dicks?

#110 12345

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:22 PM

... HUSD

Harden Up Skin Shin Dicks?

fixed

#111 Rich Frye

Rich Frye

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:28 PM

Right, my bad. Shin.

#112 Sailor90

Sailor90

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts
  • Interests:A Scow racer, Melges 24's, Laser, and big boats in Chicago.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

... HUSD

Harden Up Skin Shin Dicks?

fixed

LMAO

New SA acronym!

#113 Heriberto

Heriberto

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:39 PM

Winner, winner, Sheen dinner!

#114 Heriberto

Heriberto

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:41 PM

Or maybe that's winner winner shin dick dinner?

#115 CptRatBag

CptRatBag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

I had a good time. Sailing chicks dig pirate hats.
Posted Image

#116 chaosmaster

chaosmaster

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:57 AM

For next year's party, as much as I love the latin dancing, can we bring disco back and Do the Hustle?!?!?!

#117 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:47 AM

For what it's worth, glad to meet so many new faces and see so many old ones. Not a fan of the venue, and never would have promoted it had I known we'd share it with a full-bore salsa jam for the whole night. That said, there was lots of energy, latinas, and even some yachties on the dance floor, and I had a great time.

Thanks for your hard work Vegas and Cara and whoever else made it happen. Next year we'll figure something out that works a bit better, and where I can give all these shirts away without risking the wrath of the salseros.

And I spent about 140$ on drinks for a 'free party' but I'm OK with that. The vodka was tasty enough to have 12 of them, it had better be!

#118 Grinder

Grinder

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

So was there any gear given away? I didn't see anything but some beer holders...

#119 _Vegas_

_Vegas_

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:Kicking Ass and Going Fast

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

So was there any gear given away? I didn't see anything but some beer holders...

There were a bunch of UK Hats, UK Coozies, some gloves, Line Honors Shirts and Belts, Harken Hats, Lip Balm from Joshua Tree, Sail 22 Beer Coozies, Two UK Bags, WEST SYSTEM Wooley Caps - and Krash from Zhik was downstairs giving stuff away too - Sail 312 was there giving stuff away too -

#120 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

I gave away two new Puma vests that retail for almost 300 each IIRC, two hats, and a couple of line honors belts. Had a big box of shit to give away but not really the kind of party that worked well with that kind of thing, so I hung on to a lot of it for the next one. Nauti gave me a Prada shirt and a Nauti hat, Torresen's coozies, and saw a bunch of Zhik gear floating around. Thanks to all!

#121 katie burns

katie burns

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:17 AM

Had a good time, and the chapstick that was given out is the shit.

#122 blubberboy

blubberboy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

Thou I had no intentions of attending this Shin-Dick event, I did. And let me tell you this, I enjoyed myself....

Cons -

-Charged $8 to get in as a non drinker = bullshit (whatever, keeps the lights on)
-Waiting 15 minutes for 7up = HUSD
-Salsa music = prison rape soundtrack
-No food options upstairs (we only went downstairs to leave)
-No knifes were brandished in my presence

Pros -

-Seeing all my friends (both of them)
-Got a couple new hats to throw in the lake this year
-Saw Shrek's (Vincitore/Thirsy Tiger Shrek) long lost twin brother = Grizzly Shrek
-Broke into Ro! SUV and stole his of big bag of anal dildos, the Sisters Of Mary Immaculate & St. Philomena where a little disturbed when I drove by the convent and started throwing them at their front door.
-leaving cups of urine on the table by the coat check and watching people drink for them and making that hysterically funny face...

#123 ro!

ro!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

Thou I had no intentions of attending this Shin-Dick event, I did. And let me tell you this, I enjoyed myself....

Cons -

-Charged $8 to get in as a non drinker = bullshit (whatever, keeps the lights on)
-Waiting 15 minutes for 7up = HUSD
-Salsa music = prison rape soundtrack
-No food options upstairs (we only went downstairs to leave)
-No knifes were brandished in my presence

Pros -

-Seeing all my friends (both of them)
-Got a couple new hats to throw in the lake this year
-Saw Shrek's (Vincitore/Thirsy Tiger Shrek) long lost twin brother = Grizzly Shrek
-Broke into Ro! SUV and stole his of big bag of anal dildos, the Sisters Of Mary Immaculate & St. Philomena where a little disturbed when I drove by the convent and started throwing them at their front door.
-leaving cups of urine on the table by the coat check and watching people drink for them and making that hysterically funny face...

You should have asked for the keys blubs...they would have saved you breaking the fucking window...can I have my good backpack back..you can keep the underwear...

Anytime I can put a smile on the nuns faces is a good night for me these days....

All those dudes with their hats on sideways downstairs should have been a clue when vegas scoped the joint out....

#124 spring fever

spring fever

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:01 AM

so should moving back to the weathermark be considered?

#125 Grinder

Grinder

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:22 AM

Considered only. Weathermark wasn't the best in the world. They were full of regular patrons that were mixed in with our ilk, thus the ruckus a few years back. Optimally, we need our own space.

#126 GO IRISH!

GO IRISH!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:26 AM

Considered only. Weathermark wasn't the best in the world. They were full of regular patrons that were mixed in with our ilk, thus the ruckus a few years back. Optimally, we need our own space.

The Odyssey off of Navy Pier......

#127 TsunamiMike

TsunamiMike

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, computers, indoor climbing, fishing, hunting, reading, crossword puzzles, sudoku, other.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

The Odyssey off of Navy Pier......

What about either CCYC or COLYC? Only problem I see with COLYC is the heads are all the way up at the top of the ship.

#128 12345

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

Horribly inconvenient, employee's are not the friendliest/fastest, and not a bargain in any way what so ever.

I say boo to WM.

#129 blubberboy

blubberboy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

We need to just take over some old man dive bar. How hard is that... There are plenty of old craptacular bars out there that we could overrun. .

Upfront cost? Nothing... everyone gets a mount gay hip flask (filled) on the way in the door.. each additional hip flask cost $5... beer tub girl selling $1 goose island beer (in the new cans), proceeds got to the bar.

20 pizzas get delivered, cups, mixers, and ice set up with access for all. Hell, lets get the 'Details' chics..

KISS (keep it simple stupid)

#130 spring fever

spring fever

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

Horribly inconvenient, employee's are not the friendliest/fastest, and not a bargain in any way what so ever.

I say boo to WM.

There's never going to be a "convenient" bar for everyone. but finding one's with free private party rooms isn't hard

#131 CptRatBag

CptRatBag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:30 AM

A location near the Sheraton and Navy Pier , would be convenient. PJ Clarke's comes to mind, but there certainly are others.

#132 bowgeezer

bowgeezer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

A location near the Sheraton and Navy Pier , would be convenient. PJ Clarke's comes to mind, but there certainly are others.

Looking over my PJ Clarks receipt after Sunday dinner...
$8 call liquor..$6 draft beer..hmmmm. No seeing the love here..

#133 Grinder

Grinder

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

2-nite! 1 nite only!
The Fabulous
Nisei Lounge
Rhythm & Blues Revue
3439 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, IL 606577-10pm

Beercan blues? Midwinter blahs? Sailing season not soon enough?

Come drown your mid-winter/non-sailing sorrows and catch up with your favorite sailors while helping support the Area III All Stars Chiditarod team (and the Greater Chicago Food Depository)!

-Your favorite sailing guest bartenders (please tip heavily and often!)
-Raffle prizes
AND...a chance to donate to our award-winning Chiditarod team
...what's not to love?!

Nisei Lounge has generously agreed to donate all tips we raise to our fundraising efforts. If you are interesting in finding out more about Chiditarod, helping our team on race day (Saturday, March 3) for ground support, sabotage, etc, please let us know.

Grab a friend and come join us for this fun event for a very worthy cause! We hope to see you there!

____/)_/)/)/)_(\_____(\(\_/)/)/)/)___(\_(\/)___/)/)/)__(\(\__________

If you cannot make it, but would like to donate, please just let us know and we'll get you the information. Thanks!

Trading themed shopping carts and costumed racers for the traditional sleds and dogs, hundreds of carts take to the streets of Chicago for this urban Iditarod. For more info on Chiditarod: http://www.chiditarod.org/

#134 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

Best is always a dive bar that would otherwise be empty. My preference for these kinds of parties is to buy a couple of kegs, throw a grand or two of sponsor cash at drink specials, and run our own show with maybe a PA set up for iPhone music and mic'd contest giveaways and boat races and stuff.

Bar gets guaranteed money for drink specials, food, kegs, and the promise of a couple hundred patrons drinking after the keg runs out.

We get our own music, space, and the ability to talk to one another without old weathered latino dudes getting in our faces.

Everyone wins.

We did this at M24 Worlds and had over 300 people attend, and it was epic. We started the Anarchy CRW party a few years ago, and that thing is standing room only too. One keg, a few snacks, and some drink specials, along with a screen with some sailing shots from Photoboat...it works!

The other alternative is to somehow convince NMMA to let us rent out a room inside Navy Pier, or make a deal with one of the bars there - but they are small and insanely priced.

#135 Rich Frye

Rich Frye

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

Let's see...big dive with parking, easy to find, sponsors as members. COLYC

#136 spring fever

spring fever

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

Best is always a dive bar that would otherwise be empty. My preference for these kinds of parties is to buy a couple of kegs, throw a grand or two of sponsor cash at drink specials, and run our own show with maybe a PA set up for iPhone music and mic'd contest giveaways and boat races and stuff.

Bar gets guaranteed money for drink specials, food, kegs, and the promise of a couple hundred patrons drinking after the keg runs out.

We get our own music, space, and the ability to talk to one another without old weathered latino dudes getting in our faces.

Everyone wins.

We did this at M24 Worlds and had over 300 people attend, and it was epic. We started the Anarchy CRW party a few years ago, and that thing is standing room only too. One keg, a few snacks, and some drink specials, along with a screen with some sailing shots from Photoboat...it works!

The other alternative is to somehow convince NMMA to let us rent out a room inside Navy Pier, or make a deal with one of the bars there - but they are small and insanely priced.

not fond of the Navy Pier idea, but everyone's got a favorite dive bar. what's yours? never to early to start planning

#137 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,474 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

Heard we might have a helpful insider at COLYC...

#138 blubberboy

blubberboy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

not fond of the Navy Pier idea, but everyone's got a favorite dive bar. what's yours? never to early to start planning

Navy Queer is out of the question. Union bartenders, over priced liquor...

Richards - 491 N Milwaukee Ave
- too small, but a great shithole

The Hideout - 1354 W Wabansia Ave
- Has the room, not too far via cab from dwntwn

Deluxe 669 N Milwaukee Ave
- Not really a dive bar, good sized, easily taken takeover via 'Drunken Flash Blob' ⌐.

Weeds - 1555 N Dayton St
- Might not get a deal here..

Cut Rate Liquors - 1656 W Division St
- Vegas can stab as many people here as he pleases, This place is a true 'Dive FUBAR' My old roommate saw a guy run into this place with a machete and buryed it into some fuckers shoulder. Regulars acting irregularly, regularly...

#139 spring fever

spring fever

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

Heard we might have a helpful insider at COLYC...

all the more reason i vote dive bar!

#140 spring fever

spring fever

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

tons of places offer FREE private party rooms

Gamekeepers is right next door to me offers said-free rooms and is open til 5am on FRI-SAT. never been there, but could be worked to suit us

#141 Grinder

Grinder

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

we like to call it Schaumburg-keepers

#142 12345

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

Hey man we have to corral the burbanites somewhere.

#143 blubberboy

blubberboy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

Sporting your 773 hats... You're so city.

#144 spring fever

spring fever

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:42 AM

are you thinking Gameworks? that place is so fun!

#145 _Vegas_

_Vegas_

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:Kicking Ass and Going Fast

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

Fuck it - DuSable parking is free this time of year - 4 port-a-potties 8 Kegs of beer - bring your own chips and patio heater

#146 krash

krash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

We could do like a couple of years ago, an just stick around the boat show hall until they turn out the lights.

Oh yeah, I remember the boat show people weren't to happy about that...

#147 12345

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:39 PM

We could do like a couple of years ago, an just stick around the boat show hall until they turn out the lights.

Oh yeah, I remember the boat show people weren't to happy about that...

We could have hid inside Ocean and the bouncy castle/shoe until the boat show people cleared out.

#148 blubberboy

blubberboy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

We could have hid inside Ocean and the bouncy castle/shoe until the boat show people cleared out.

Hmmm, bouncy castles...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users