#1 Corny Shields

Corny Shields

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:49 AM

"To appreciate victory," says Huey Long, "a man has to understand defeat."

It's worth noting the passing of Sumner "Huey" Long who was profiled in Sports Illustrated in 1961 at the age of 41:

The Object Is to Win the Race

There's always a big wind there, and there's always a big sea running. It's tricky and it's dangerous. A man has his hands full driving up the Molokai Channel."

So says Sumner A. Long ("My friends call me Huey") of the waters pictured on the opposite page. Long knows what he is talking about. Twice in the past he has driven up the Molokai at the end of a Trans-Pacific Race, and he probably would be a part of the 31-boat fleet heading out for it once again this week except that he is busy on another ocean. As Long's old rivals start across 2,225 miles from Los Angeles to Hawaii, Long and his 57-foot yawl Ondine are leaving Newport, R.I., bound for England's Eddystone Rock, in a revival of a transatlantic racing classic that has not been run since 1931.

Neither Huey Long nor Ondine was around in the 1930s, but in the '60s and late '50s few important ocean races have been sailed without them. In the 1961 Trans-Pacific Race, Long sailed Ondine to a second place on corrected time. The year before that he was Class A winner in the Bermuda-to- Sweden race. He has sailed the famed biennial 635-mile Bermuda Race four times running, races of the Southern Circuit three times. He has sailed in the Annapolis-Newport race, the Block Island race, the Storm Trysail race, has twice raced from Miami to Montego Bay and twice from Buenos Aires to Rio.

At one time or another Long and Ondine have raced England's Cowes and around the buoys in Long Island Sound, and Long is the only American ever to have entered Australia's Sydney-Hobart race. Since her launching slightly more than three years ago, the present Ondine has, in fact, sailed more than 77,500 miles, the equivalent of three times around the world or one-third of the way to the moon, traveling at an average speed of three and one-half knots. Her owner has traveled even farther and very considerably faster.

Huey Long is a product of middle-class Boston suburbia who looks a little like George Raft and a little more like the grinning cartoon face that asks, "What, me worry?" That very face, in fact, grins from an ashtray on his desk in the offices of Long, Quinn and Boylan, 37 floors above New York's Park Avenue. From there Huey directs 12 different shipping firms and a vast fleet of commercial ships. Keeping a secretary and at least two telephones busy at once, Huey recently answered a reporter's questions, dictated a business letter, held a phone conversation with Ondine,s professional sailing master (who was beset with haul-out problems), challenged an employee's methods in negotiating a deal ("You trying to make us look cheap?") and concluded a deal of his own for $6 million. Then he picked up a gym bag and went off to Vic Tanny's to lift some weights—"just to keep from getting rusty."

The rust prevention continued with several vodka Martinis at The Four Seasons, and another after a shower in Long's Sutton Place apartment, which is a comfortable, cluttered blend of sportsman's trophy room and interior-decorator French. To frighten prospective brides away from this bachelor sanctum, a monstrous blue sailfish looms ominously on one wall. After his shower Long was off again double-time across town (no cabs were handy) to pick up a date—who was just as pretty but no brighter than the one he had had the night before—for more Martinis and dinner with a Greek shipping line representative at an expensive East Side restaurant. After that there was a dash downtown for a late show at the Bon Soir, where a false-nosed fellow imitating Rosemary Clooney had him in stitches. At 8:45 the next morning Long was back at his desk, with his motor racing again.

Born 41 years ago, Huey Long experienced no special kind of childhood to fan a competitive spirit to flame. "Yet," he says, "competition has been the strongest single force in my life. Winning—winning at anything I undertake—is the goal. Take the firm. People ask me why I'm not satisfied with my fair share of the market. I say because unless we fight to get every last bit of it we won't get our fair share."

Long discovered early that his share of life was to come via the sea. As a boy he played hooky from school to wander down through Boston's Faneuil Hall market to the docks on Atlantic Avenue, there to watch the ships come in. "I looked at them," he says, "and I guess I had in mind someday I'd like to own them." He sailed toy boats on the Charles and, he says, "sometimes they would sail right away from me." He collected stamps and coins. "Just looking at them was adventure," he says. "I was fascinated by the origins of stamps, by the figureheads on foreign coins, by the idea that these represented countries I had not even seen." He no longer collects either. "I've seen all the places," he explains.

Long got his first lessons in navigation as a cadet at a nautical prep school, went on to the United States Merchant Marine Academy at King's Point and then served for two years aboard an oil tanker and a passenger ship meandering along the northern and eastern coasts of South America. "It gave me a healthy respect for the sea," he says. "In a hurricane off Cape Hatteras, I was 17, standing night watch. I couldn't see for the wind and rain. The storm broke up the life boats, smashed the serving china. The ship was rolling 33 degrees. And for the first time in my life, I was seasick."

Read the rest here
Russell Long, Huey's Son, Was Profiled in People in 1980 as He Raced Clipper in the Defender Trials
December 1968 profile of the 73-ft. Tripp designed Ondine

#2 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,643 posts
  • Interests:cycling, skiing and depressing the competition on the race course

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:33 AM

Wow the loss of 2 great Maxi owners/sailors in a week. What a shame.
Hopefully there's a Maxi circut in heaven :)
Fair Winds and Strong following seas

#3 isma

isma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:14 AM

I had friends who sailed on Ondine in the late '60's. If you did a good job on watch, you'd be invited to share the sauna...yes, a sauna!

RIP indeed.

#4 Recidivist

Recidivist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • Interests:sailing, building sailing boats, cruising, racing, day sailing.

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:04 AM

A Huey Long story from way back. IIRC it was a Southern Cross Cup year and Ondine was in Sydney as part of the US team. Our crew and the US big boat boys had a pretty big party and everyone was a bit dusty for the race the next day. Ondine beat us to the shore and tacked to port but the lightish wind couldn't wind her up again as we charged in on starboard on collision course. We didn't draw as much, so our tacking point was several boatlengths past theirs. We could see the boys oversheeting like hell, grinding on winches that weren't even loaded, generally making everything worse. We called loudly and Huey started spinning the wheel one way, then the other. Ondine was by now stopped, smack in our path. With 16 tons and 8 knots, it was going to hurt if we hit. The Ondine boys (Huey included) were like deer in the headlights. The late Rolf Mische had one leg over Ondine's rail, ready to jump, when we tacked at the very last minute.

After the race, Huey came over to our boat and presented our skipper with a bottle of his specially labelled Ondine Reisling, then took us all to dinner.

Huey Long wasn't a physically big man but he was a big man in other ways.

RIP Mr Long.

#5 The Shadow

The Shadow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:03 PM

As the icons pass, so does an era of sailing.

#6 doghouse

doghouse

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,139 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

This has not been a good week.

#7 ~HHN92~

~HHN92~

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:18 PM

In the '71 Transpac (IIRC) Ondine lost her skeg and rudder after hitting something not far from the islands. Para-rescue guys from my dads AF rescue squadron were sent out to drop pumps to keep her afloat and get in to Honolulu. Afterwards we went down to see her on the hard and it was at least an 8-10' long gash where the skeg was ripped-off, with mattresses, etc still stuffed in the opening from their attempts to stem the flow.

Fair winds.

#8 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:44 PM

You've been DEAD as a sailor for years :lol:

#9 Matt B

Matt B

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:46 PM

You've been DEAD as a sailor for years :lol:

So has his cat.

#10 Madmax

Madmax

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts
  • Interests:Sailing Surfing Flying Skiing

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:19 PM

I sailed on Ondine in the Cal Cup and Long Beach Race week as a Jib Trimmer on the Beast of a Maxi in the early 80's. Huey would only come up on deck for 30 minutes at a time, a couple times a day. He would read newspapers and nap as we raced around the course. He had a dedicated and loyal crew who moved the boat around the world racing. I later raced with Russel in several Congressional Cups. The Longs are characters for sure.

RIP Huey.

#11 pitman260

pitman260

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts
  • Interests:music, law,sailing, travelling

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:38 PM

Actually the cat is still kickin' and will be 20 come May. She has spent more time sailing offshore and at night than espo ever will.

And she's probably a better tactician than (5 o'clock)Shadow!!

#12 'moondance44

'moondance44

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  • Location:Dodgy Bit Of Stamford, CT and The Cows, Graveyard of LIS where bluefish get blown off wire leaders

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:15 PM

Actually the cat is still kickin' and will be 20 come May. She has spent more time sailing offshore and at night than espo ever will.

I thoughthe was anavigator, not a tactician.

#13 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,219 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:02 PM

"To appreciate victory," says Huey Long, "a man has to understand defeat."

It's worth noting the passing of Sumner "Huey" Long who was profiled in Sports Illustrated in 1961 at the age of 41:

The Object Is to Win the Race

There's always a big wind there, and there's always a big sea running. It's tricky and it's dangerous. A man has his hands full driving up the Molokai Channel."

So says Sumner A. Long ("My friends call me Huey") of the waters pictured on the opposite page. Long knows what he is talking about. Twice in the past he has driven up the Molokai at the end of a Trans-Pacific Race, and he probably would be a part of the 31-boat fleet heading out for it once again this week except that he is busy on another ocean. As Long's old rivals start across 2,225 miles from Los Angeles to Hawaii, Long and his 57-foot yawl Ondine are leaving Newport, R.I., bound for England's Eddystone Rock, in a revival of a transatlantic racing classic that has not been run since 1931.

Neither Huey Long nor Ondine was around in the 1930s, but in the '60s and late '50s few important ocean races have been sailed without them. In the 1961 Trans-Pacific Race, Long sailed Ondine to a second place on corrected time. The year before that he was Class A winner in the Bermuda-to- Sweden race. He has sailed the famed biennial 635-mile Bermuda Race four times running, races of the Southern Circuit three times. He has sailed in the Annapolis-Newport race, the Block Island race, the Storm Trysail race, has twice raced from Miami to Montego Bay and twice from Buenos Aires to Rio.

At one time or another Long and Ondine have raced England's Cowes and around the buoys in Long Island Sound, and Long is the only American ever to have entered Australia's Sydney-Hobart race. Since her launching slightly more than three years ago, the present Ondine has, in fact, sailed more than 77,500 miles, the equivalent of three times around the world or one-third of the way to the moon, traveling at an average speed of three and one-half knots. Her owner has traveled even farther and very considerably faster.

Huey Long is a product of middle-class Boston suburbia who looks a little like George Raft and a little more like the grinning cartoon face that asks, "What, me worry?" That very face, in fact, grins from an ashtray on his desk in the offices of Long, Quinn and Boylan, 37 floors above New York's Park Avenue. From there Huey directs 12 different shipping firms and a vast fleet of commercial ships. Keeping a secretary and at least two telephones busy at once, Huey recently answered a reporter's questions, dictated a business letter, held a phone conversation with Ondine,s professional sailing master (who was beset with haul-out problems), challenged an employee's methods in negotiating a deal ("You trying to make us look cheap?") and concluded a deal of his own for $6 million. Then he picked up a gym bag and went off to Vic Tanny's to lift some weights—"just to keep from getting rusty."

The rust prevention continued with several vodka Martinis at The Four Seasons, and another after a shower in Long's Sutton Place apartment, which is a comfortable, cluttered blend of sportsman's trophy room and interior-decorator French. To frighten prospective brides away from this bachelor sanctum, a monstrous blue sailfish looms ominously on one wall. After his shower Long was off again double-time across town (no cabs were handy) to pick up a date—who was just as pretty but no brighter than the one he had had the night before—for more Martinis and dinner with a Greek shipping line representative at an expensive East Side restaurant. After that there was a dash downtown for a late show at the Bon Soir, where a false-nosed fellow imitating Rosemary Clooney had him in stitches. At 8:45 the next morning Long was back at his desk, with his motor racing again.

Born 41 years ago, Huey Long experienced no special kind of childhood to fan a competitive spirit to flame. "Yet," he says, "competition has been the strongest single force in my life. Winning—winning at anything I undertake—is the goal. Take the firm. People ask me why I'm not satisfied with my fair share of the market. I say because unless we fight to get every last bit of it we won't get our fair share."

Long discovered early that his share of life was to come via the sea. As a boy he played hooky from school to wander down through Boston's Faneuil Hall market to the docks on Atlantic Avenue, there to watch the ships come in. "I looked at them," he says, "and I guess I had in mind someday I'd like to own them." He sailed toy boats on the Charles and, he says, "sometimes they would sail right away from me." He collected stamps and coins. "Just looking at them was adventure," he says. "I was fascinated by the origins of stamps, by the figureheads on foreign coins, by the idea that these represented countries I had not even seen." He no longer collects either. "I've seen all the places," he explains.

Long got his first lessons in navigation as a cadet at a nautical prep school, went on to the United States Merchant Marine Academy at King's Point and then served for two years aboard an oil tanker and a passenger ship meandering along the northern and eastern coasts of South America. "It gave me a healthy respect for the sea," he says. "In a hurricane off Cape Hatteras, I was 17, standing night watch. I couldn't see for the wind and rain. The storm broke up the life boats, smashed the serving china. The ship was rolling 33 degrees. And for the first time in my life, I was seasick."

Read the rest here
Russell Long, Huey's Son, Was Profiled in People in 1980 as He Raced Clipper in the Defender Trials
December 1968 profile of the 73-ft. Tripp designed Ondine

#14 Matt B

Matt B

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:30 PM

If he was navigator then he would have been able to find his way off of JT's face. I guess it finally did, didn't it?

#15 tendegreealex

tendegreealex

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:47 PM

RIP Huey...
I have done Many miles on the Ondine III, now called Atalanta.
Favorite quote from Ted Turner after a 1st to finish in the 1968? Sydney to Hobart...
"Huey, I dont know what it cost, but it was worth it!"

#16 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 03:11 PM

He is neither, he is a coat tail rider to Bermuda.
Espo has better things to do at night than sail some stupid crap shoot, guessing game nite race.
Distance racers are some of the worst sailors. Look at some of the boats than clean up at night, they can't sail there way out of a paper bag with both ends open in a day race :D

ie:TM :unsure:

#17 Luca Brasi

Luca Brasi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:55 PM

Espo has better things to do at night than sail some stupid crap shoot, guessing game nite race.
Distance racers are some of the worst sailors. Look at some of the boats than clean up at night, they can't sail there way out of a paper bag with both ends open in a day race :D

DICK!

#18 cosmicsedso

cosmicsedso

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Interests:Boats and trees.

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:15 PM

So.. Not even a memorial thread about a true (US) legend can stop you guys wanking on about your petty local schoolkids squabble.
Respect to Huey
RIP

#19 Old Man On The Bow

Old Man On The Bow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

So.. Not even a memorial thread about a true (US) legend can stop you guys wanking on about your petty local schoolkids squabble.
Respect to Huey
RIP

+1, have not been on in months, look to read about a true sailing legend's sad passing and this takes over. Now I remember why I have been busy with other things.

RIP Huey and the era.

Regards

#20 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:51 PM

[

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Respect to Huey
RIP
[/quote]+1, have not been on in months, look to read about a true sailing legend's sad passing and this takes over. Now I remember why I have been busy with other things.

RIP Huey and the era.

Regards
[/quote]
Good go back to being busy ;)

#21 Former MDR Vandal 1

Former MDR Vandal 1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:05 PM

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Respect to Huey
RIP
[/quote]+1, have not been on in months, look to read about a true sailing legend's sad passing and this takes over. Now I remember why I have been busy with other things.

RIP Huey and the era.

Regards
[/quote]
[/quote]

Good job, John.

Stay classy and make sure you keep on shitting on this thread (and Bevin's) since it means something to someone. We can't have that, can we, God of PHRF Class Z.

Great jib trim, by the way. You ever going to actually drive or do you have a snappy comeback for that as well?

#22 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:11 PM

[/quote]

Respect to Huey
RIP

RIP Huey and the era.

Regards
[/quote]
[/quote]

Good job, John.

Stay classy and make sure you keep on shitting on this thread (and Bevin's) since it means something to someone. We can't have that, can we, God of PHRF Class Z.

Great jib trim, by the way. You ever going to actually drive or do you have a snappy comeback for that as well?
[/quote]
Any idiot can drive. So stick your head back in your ass and go away

#23 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:42 PM

Any idiot can drive.

maybe...but very few drive well. you will never know

nice of you to call your driver an idiot though (Luca Brasi?)

Coming from a guy who can't afford to own a car, nevermind own or drive a boat.
Go back to the jewlery store, idiot!

#24 isma

isma

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:08 PM

Classic Cayard story I'm reminded of when a jib trimmer thinks anyone can drive.

Later that summer, Tom asked me to crew for him in the Star North American’s in Toronto. The deal was that I had to drive the boat out there as he would fly in from Europe and, in fact, he would miss the first race. I was excited and of course agreed. Craig Healy and I drove the boat out there with Craig’s Laser on the roof of Tom’s old blue Chevy Malibu station wagon (aka the blue pig). We got to Toronto one week early. After getting a few reprimands for not wearing our T-shirts in the 100 degree heat while washing the boat in the boat park (very conservative - the Royal Canadian YC/ Paul Henderson), we took the boat out every day and trained against the likes of Durward Knowles, Ding Schoonmaker, Buddy Melges. Not bad for 19 year old kids from San Francisco.

Finally Tom showed up and we went out to race the second race. It wasn’t that simple but if I don’t move along here, this will turn into a novel. (Something about not wearing a blazer to get on the club launch that takes you out to the island that the RCYC is on - Henderson again) We were almost out of the regatta that morning thanks to Tom’s language.

Anyway, we get out on the race track and around the bottom mark the first time, we are in second. Bill Buchan with Doug Knight crewing are winning, Dennis Conner with Ron Anderson are in third, Buddy with Andreas Josenhans are in fourth, Schoonmaker, Knowles, Driscoll, Wright, Whipple, Allsop, etc. Now for the not-so-nurturing part of Tom:

Me to Tom as I slide out over the side into the mini hike, “How is the jib?”
Tom replies,“WHAT!” in a high pitched, almost female voice.
Me a bit more sheepishly now, “How is the jib? Is it on the marks?”
Tom, “Yea, anywhere in there is fine. If that was important, I’d be doing it!”
Me to myself, “Oh.”

Nothing said for about 10 minutes as I curled up into a ball and pretended to melt into the topsides.

#25 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:31 PM

Any idiot can drive.

maybe...but very few drive well. you will never know

nice of you to call your driver an idiot though (Luca Brasi?)

Coming from a guy who can't afford to own a car, nevermind own or drive a boat.
Go back to the jewlery store, idiot!

How old is that peice of shit floating house you live on.
Anytime you would like to have a drive off let me know, because I have tactated against you and you suck at that. Plus you where paid a $100 per Wed nite by a friend of mine who did worse with you on board than he did the year before
hahahaha!

whoever told you that was just as nasty and misinformed as you are. Whatcha going to do nasty boy...baseball bat to the knees?

crawl back under your rock arsehole....you are a blight on sailing as you have well proved on this thread. Too unco to drive eh jib trimmer john?

Oh the irony coming from a guy who sails his dad's 25+ year old boat, can't drive for shit, and has to have his friends buy him sails. You just can't make this stuff up!

#26 'moondance44

'moondance44

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  • Location:Dodgy Bit Of Stamford, CT and The Cows, Graveyard of LIS where bluefish get blown off wire leaders

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

Please join us to remember and celebrate the life of Huey Long
~
Saturday, 7 January, 2012
2 PM
~
The Chapel
King's Point Merchant Marine Academy
King's Point, NY
~

We look forward to your presence, and your reminiscences of Huey's life .

Please let us know if you would like to speak informally at the service, and share some of your memories of Huey, on and off the Ondine. We welcome your participation .

Thank you for being part of Huey's amazing life, and thank you for reaching out to us now.

Russell, Jack, Harry, and Suzanne

RSVP
There is security at the entrance of the Academy (to keep Espo out).

Please let us know if you are attending , so that we have your name.

Travel via Automobile
• From Points South and West: I-95/New Jersey Turnpike North or I-80 East to George Washington Bridge. Continue straight and follow signs for Cross Bronx Expressway; DO NOT exit in Manhattan. Follow signs to either the Bronx-Whitestone Bridge or the Throgs Neck Bridge; you may take either Bridge.

• From New England and Points North: I-95/New England Thruway South to Exit 7A in New York (I-695 to I-295/Throgs Neck Bridge). Follow to Throgs Neck Bridge.

• From the Throgs Neck Bridge: Stay to the right across bridge and take exit from the right-hand lane(s) about ¾ the way across bridge span for the Cross Island Parkway. Follow the Parkway to Exit 31E (Northern Blvd/25A); follow directions from Northern Blvd below.

• From the Bronx-Whitestone Bridge: Stay to the left across bridge and take exit from the left-hand lane(s) for the Cross Island Parkway; follow to Exit 31E (Northern Blvd/25A).

• From Manhattan: Take 34th Street East to Queens Midtown Tunnel. Follow Long Island Expressway I-495 East to Exit 32 (Little Neck Parkway). Left/North on Little Neck Parkway about ¾ mile to Northern Blvd/25A. Turn right on Northern Blvd/25A.

• From Northern Blvd/25A: Proceed east (1.4 miles from the Cross Island Parkway; 0.3 mile from Little Neck Parkway) through village of Little Neck and many traffic lights to intersection with Great Neck Road. After you pass an Exxon gas station and a four-story, brown office building on the left, you want to be in the two (2) left turn lanes here. Turn left (or North) on Great Neck Road and continue straight at second traffic light (Great Neck Road bears to the right here). Continuing northwest, the road is now Bayview Avenue/West Shore Road. At end of West Shore Road (distance from Northern Blvd/25A to end is about 2.5 miles), turn right onto Kings Point Road and then left at the next stop sign onto Steamboat Road to Academy front gate.

#27 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

I wish the admistrators would flick the both of you. This thread isn't about your bromance. Please fuck off.

#28 'moondance44

'moondance44

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

I wish the admistrators would flick the both of you. This thread isn't about your bromance. Please fuck off.

Well put.
But you are giving the administrators too much credit. They haven't the slightest idea who Huey Long was (except to think a bridge was named after him).

#29 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:50 PM

GSR is correct. deleted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users