cosmicsedso

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Interests:Boats and trees.

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:15 AM

Nope. Round we go again
Jb is getting back into it but Iron Lotus is just happy to sail around with GT all Day
Huge right hand shift.. that should stir up the podium a bit

Course 1 - this is finish. Course 2 - finish at leeward end.

Spot on thanks
was going to go get a brew

#502 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:20 AM

King - WC

#503 cosmicsedso

cosmicsedso

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Interests:Boats and trees.

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:26 AM

King - WC

Roughly

Iron Lotus team 38
GT 53
JB 58
DClark 59
Jud Smith 65
Cam Miles 70
Drennan 91

#504 Mambo Kings

Mambo Kings

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:34 AM

In theory, its not quite over. Lotus needs to sail the last race cannot sail in and start celebrating yet.

Taylor would have to win and Iron Lotus finish worse than 16 for Taylor to beat Lotus. Otherwise the crown goes to Iron Lotus.

Assume IL have done the maths and will be watching Taylor like a hawk.

#505 savoir

savoir

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:42 AM

That was the last race.

#506 trt

trt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:42 AM

Its a 9 race series and it all over !!

#507 Headntac

Headntac

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:Sailing in general.

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:27 AM

Great consistent sailing by King, no bullets but comes up with the top place on the podium.
Well done
Great to watch

Bugger i wasn't sailing ........................................................(not that i got invited):huh:

HnT

#508 savoir

savoir

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:20 AM

Proof yet again that a champion team can beat a team of champions. Consistency is everything.

#509 savoir

savoir

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

Sayyyyyy, Brother Evo what happened to the pin up boy ?

#510 Bill E Goat

Bill E Goat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

Proof yet again that a champion team can beat a team of champions. Consistency is everything.

I think having several Olympians including one with a Gold medal could well be classed as a team of Champions. However having only 2 races outside the top 10 is pretty bloody good, Unlike the rest of us

#511 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

who?? lost me brother savvy. Just back from the carpark now

well done the Iron Lotus....heck of a regatta

#512 savoir

savoir

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:53 AM

Gollygosh Bill E, the sun has only just set and already the knives are out. Where did these guys finish at the last two Etchells worlds ? King and Wheen sailed last year's Farr 40 worlds and couldn't make the top 10. They won the 2011 QLD Winters but finished 22nd in the NSW states.

Yer gettin hard of heart. Check the number of Etchells world champs they had to beat.

#513 savoir

savoir

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

who?? lost me brother savvy. Just back from the carpark now

well done the Iron Lotus....heck of a regatta

I hear he hasn't made it back to the dock yet. Apparently drowning the sorrows with a little of the Bishop of Hamilton's plonk.

#514 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

ahhhh....ok. we saw them coming back in.....probably one of the blokes sailing home.

TK had a big yellow flag on his forestay towing at 15 knots. nice!

#515 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,699 posts
  • Interests:cycling, skiing and depressing the competition on the race course

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

ahhhh....ok. we saw them coming back in.....probably one of the blokes sailing home.

Now that the event is over,what are you going to blowhard about?

#516 mh111

mh111

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:22 AM

i think there were 3 olympians on iron lotus (out of 4). since when isn't that a team of champions ?

but i agree with your point...

oh, and as no-one else has said it yet : RSYS ran a excellent regatta...could not have been friendlier or easier to get on with. zero stuffiness / maximum friendlines. think the commodore struck the tone at the opening ceremony...shorts and shirt looked like his gardening gear !

sure some things were a bit pricey (bacon & egg roll the first day was $9...but $6 the next day...and $44 for 3 large beers + 3 pies was WAY over the top) but most stuff was ok...didn't try parking during the week, but was do-able on the weekend.

the race management was the best in the world...bar none.

overall, 10/10...FANTASTIC !

cheers,

#517 lydia

lydia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

In no mood to post just now after having just woken up after a long trip home.

Bit longer than usual having been stopped for 2 hours by a NSW Traffic Cop at midnight last night just 10 km short of the Qld border and been forced to unpack the boat on the side of the highway so the trailer could get measured.

Infringement notice is in the mail.

Must have been a slow night in Bryon Bay last night.

Knew we where in trouble in the first 10 seconds when he said "This looks legal in Qld but you are in NSW"

Before proceeding we then had to dismantle the "Oversize" and "Turning Vehicle" signs as we are charged with displaying them when not required.

Of course at the QLD border we had to stop and put them on again to be street legal as sure as shit he rang his mate just over the border to give him the heads up.

So the count for the night seems to be

1. Displaying safety signs when not required

2. Being "oversize" with out the required permit but not enough oversize to require signage

3. Improper lighting of overhang (port nav light on mast tip)

4. Exceeding rear overhang

5. Driving too slowly on freeway so as to be unsafe (we were driving at about 60kph at midnight trying to make the fuel last to Chinderah)

6. Travelling with an oversize load ater dark.

I really had to resist the urge to tell to get a few mates to drop over the Carabella Avenue about 0900hrs that morning for a bit of revenue raising.

So looks like a morning out to the Mullwillumbah Magistrates Court and lunch at Bryon Bay.

#518 lydia

lydia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

As for Chris's comments

Race Management was great (but done by non RSYS people)

Volunteers where sensational and really tried to make things work.

Top marks to these people especially the guy in his new Beamer X5 doing the trailer shuffles and the guys in the trailer park who were just making it all work.

Boat and sail measurers did a good job with no fuss even when there was issues. Again top marks to the volunteers doing this. Special thanks to Brian Tyquin who was running the sail measurement.

The "official" management was many ways just a fuck up been covered over by the great volunteers. Like when you put someting in writing, do what you say you will do.

That will teach me for co-operating and trying to do the right thing.

We will be smarter next time!

#519 lydia

lydia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:38 AM

BTW the way the racing was just brillant, just sensational.

Best I have done in years.

So bring on the next regatta.

Being new to the class we achieved our first 5 goals.

1. Don't put a hole in the boat
2. Don't put a hole in any other boat
3. Don't go to the room.
4. Don't go OCS
5. Don't go BFD

More reports later.

You got to start somewhere!

#520 savoir

savoir

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

i think there were 3 olympians on iron lotus (out of 4). since when isn't that a team of champions ?

but i agree with your point...

oh, and as no-one else has said it yet : RSYS ran a excellent regatta...could not have been friendlier or easier to get on with. zero stuffiness / maximum friendlines. think the commodore struck the tone at the opening ceremony...shorts and shirt looked like his gardening gear !

sure some things were a bit pricey (bacon & egg roll the first day was $9...but $6 the next day...and $44 for 3 large beers + 3 pies was WAY over the top) but most stuff was ok...didn't try parking during the week, but was do-able on the weekend.

the race management was the best in the world...bar none.

overall, 10/10...FANTASTIC !

cheers,

What a nasty bitchy lot you guys are.

How many Olympic medals of any description has King or any of his crew won in the last ten years - NONE !

How many world championships ( or even placed in the top three ) has King or his crew won in the last ten years - NONE !

How many ex world champions from the last ten years were in the fleet ? Puhhllennttyy ! ! !

#521 Bill E Goat

Bill E Goat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

Bit longer than usual having been stopped for 2 hours by a NSW Traffic Cop at midnight last night just 10 km short of the Qld border and been forced to unpack the boat on the side of the highway so the trailer could get measured.

Knew we where in trouble in the first 10 seconds when he said "This looks legal in Qld but you are in NSW"

Before proceeding we then had to dismantle the "Oversize" and "Turning Vehicle" signs as we are charged with displaying them when not required.

Of course at the QLD border we had to stop and put them on again to be street legal as sure as shit he rang his mate just over the border to give him the heads up.

2. Being "oversize" with out the required permit but not enough oversize to require signage

5. Driving too slowly on freeway so as to be unsafe (we were driving at about 60kph at midnight trying to make the fuel last to Chinderah)

I really had to resist the urge to tell to get a few mates to drop over the Carabella Avenue about 0900hrs that morning for a bit of revenue raising.

So looks like a morning out to the Mullwillumbah Magistrates Court and lunch at Bryon Bay.

What a prick, I would like to see the trailer specifications he is referring to

#522 lydia

lydia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

And about the trailer thing, anyone from Yachting Arsehats reading this, this what your bullshit buck passing to the State Associations does.

You are the National peak body and you took the soft cock approach and buck pased to the States when what was needed was a national approach.

#523 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

And about the trailer thing, anyone from Yachting Arsehats reading this, this what your bullshit buck passing to the State Associations does.

You are the National peak body and you took the soft cock approach and buck pased to the States when what was needed was a national approach.

FFS. I cannot believe you are blaming YA for your own bloody stupidity. Oh. It's Lydia. I can beleive it. With you - it's always somebody elses fault.

If the truth was known, you probably called the cop a dickhead, so he threw the book at you.

#524 lydia

lydia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

John, guess you have no idea of the history of this issue so go back to reading the paper and having your cup of tea.

And I did not call the copper a dickhead! It all gets recorded now you know!

#525 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

John, guess you have no idea of the history of this issue so go back to reading the paper and having your cup of tea.

And I did not call the copper a dickhead! It all gets recorded now you know!

No I don't. But if I break the law & get caught, I would be pissed off, but I wouldn't blame anybody else for my own stupidity in breaking that law.

You had my sympathy with the post listing what they got you for. Then I read the next post and lost sympathy for you.

#526 furcoat

furcoat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

Do you meet the new Qld specs? It's just fuckin weird how some rules relate to the state you're from and some to the state you're in.

I reckon you'd get off 1 & 5 if you smile sweetly and show some cleavage

#527 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

Do you meet the new Qld specs? It's just fuckin weird how some rules relate to the state you're from and some to the state you're in.

Don't want to frighten the magistrate.

#528 mh111

mh111

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

hahahahaha

lydia showing some clevage is likely to get him arrested...even in byron

cheers,

#529 PIL007

PIL007

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Interests:Fast Cars-Fast Boats-Fast Woman and Beer

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

Being omnipotent as he is, he will find something...AC...VOR...there is always going to be something.

#530 lydia

lydia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

Completely QLD street legal and even inspected by Qld Transport certifier two weeks ago who gave it the tick off.

#531 slap drone

slap drone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:The Culture

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

g'day Lyd's
thanks for raising this trailer thing cuz I was not aware of the changes & I have all kinds of boats behind my car many times a year, unfortunately the police take the attitude of "ignorance is no excuse" - so thanks again for bringing up the topic.

So I started to google around to see what info is out there and it is very confusing, to the extent that Yachting Australia ("Yachting Arsehats" in Lydia speak) have written to the RTA of every state and territory requesting clarification (YA article Friday, 23 July 2010) and it would appear that there is no response to date, well none that I have found yet!

Then there are the RTA reg's, which are contained over too many documents to get a straight answer, the most informative one I have found so far is "Specific permits for oversize and overmass vehicles and loads", seems that when it comes to towing boats it is a case by case situation and is based on the dimensions of the trailer itself, which in turn is governed by the "Gross Vehicle Mass" of the towing vehicle - what a shitfight! - this document does not cover what happens when you cross a border into another state or territory.

Using the Etchells class website to find the overall dimensions (class rules PDF) when viewed by the police - not a regatta measurer - it is tough to find the overall length of the mast which I think it would be in the vicinity of 10.6 mtrs and the hull would be 9.3 mtrs. Armed with this info, it is still down to the dimensions of the trailer carrying the load which will determine the dimensions of a "legal" load.

I saw a few Etchells trailers at the nationals that were configured for "Stern first" towing - is that a loophole in the new RTA rules I wonder? - other trailers at the Nationals had extension bars on the trailer to locate the tail lights further back under the boat.

Well Lyd's - looks like that trailer of yours was a problem from the start of the regatta right through to home time.

SD

#532 Flatbag

Flatbag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts
  • Interests:Shattering illusions

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

Hope you remembered to pack your wig & gown in your sailing kit. Would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in that Court. Bit of a change from their usual list of dope possession cases.

#533 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:32 PM

Being omnipotent as he is, he will find something...AC...VOR...there is always going to be something.

awwww...they love each other. I predict (in my omnipotence) it will be a short lived affair. Once Expo get's a load of your actual....not talked up skill....there will be tears.

btw...how'd ya go on the weekend? what!! no one to sail with?? with a resume like yours...wow...go figure. what does everyone else know that you don't?

Thanks for this Pil.....3 blowhards in one weekend is more than can reasonably be expected no matter the level of omnipotence...yet it happened. Love yer werk sweetie :lol:

Here's a thought....why don't you go to the Caribbean with Neil....I can't make it this year and they need drivers. bwahahahaha

#534 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,211 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:33 PM

What a prick, I would like to see the trailer specifications he is referring to

see what DAWG was sayin Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#535 Bill E Goat

Bill E Goat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:12 AM

Every trailer boat in NSW would require a permit as the max overhang from the axel is 3.5 m, this includes the mast

Vic and QLD have different guidelines

However it seems in QLD you can't drive between 6-9 & 4-7 weekdays anywhere in Brisbane gold coast or sunshine coast

http://www.tmr.qld.g...1_june_2011.pdf

http://www.vicroads....0/TR2004222.pdf

#536 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:31 AM

awwww...they love each other. I predict (in my omnipotence) it will be a short lived affair. Once Expo get's a load of your actual....not talked up skill....there will be tears.

btw...how'd ya go on the weekend? what!! no one to sail with?? with a resume like yours...wow...go figure. what does everyone else know that you don't?

Thanks for this Pil.....3 blowhards in one weekend is more than can reasonably be expected no matter the level of omnipotence...yet it happened. Love yer werk sweetie :lol:

Here's a thought....why don't you go to the Caribbean with Neil....I can't make it this year and they need drivers. bwahahahaha

No Carib for me off skiing, didn't look like you had many offers this past week ;)
Now go back to your pathetic life B)

#537 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:56 AM

No Carib for me off skiing, didn't look like you had many offers this past week ;)
Now go back to your pathetic life B)

just when i thought you couldn't be any more stupid you say that....the depth of you and Pil's bitterness is mind boggling. have fun with that!!

#538 savoir

savoir

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:04 AM

#539 Evo

Evo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:30 AM

indeed savvy....no still means no :)

#540 facthunt

facthunt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:33 AM

Hope you remembered to pack your wig & gown in your sailing kit. Would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in that Court. Bit of a change from their usual list of dope possession cases.

i can see it already, can you produce a current callibration certificate for the for the measuring equipment used, no , can you specify its tolerance ,no ,how do you know its non complient.

#541 yowie

yowie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

Nah, in Murbah Maggies it will be the vibe

#542 DtM

DtM

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

Unless you get one of the Waverley beaks who are being moved around while their Court is upgraded !!!

#543 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

Clearly you are speaking to the wrong peak body. See if you can get a silver card from these guys........

Posted Image

#544 Bill E Goat

Bill E Goat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

I have asked NSW RTA for clarification
Had a look at that site can't see anything about silver card

#545 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:15 AM

Completely QLD street legal and even inspected by Qld Transport certifier two weeks ago who gave it the tick off.

I find a few Donut jokes always breaks the ice in these situations.

#546 yowie

yowie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:33 AM

Is driving under the speed limit in NSW a sign of weakness?

#547 DtM

DtM

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

Only if you come from Queensland :rolleyes:

#548 Recidivist

Recidivist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts
  • Interests:sailing, building sailing boats, cruising, racing, day sailing.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:50 PM

Is lydia out of jail yet?

#549 lydia

lydia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

Clearly you are speaking to the wrong peak body. See if you can get a silver card from these guys........

Posted Image

Bet you these guys have more clout than the Yachting Arsehats!

#550 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

Where's the Blowhard Evo this week?
He can't be working :D

#551 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

Posted Image

Bet you these guys have more clout than the Yachting Arsehats!

They probably do because they're interested only in what happens with caravans on the road.

YA's area of interest is on the water in case you hadn't realized.

Do you also blame YA for the parking problems outside yacht clubs? And the price of grog at yacht clubs? And the availability of accomodation around yacht clubs? Probably.

#552 lydia

lydia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

"YA's area of interest is on the water in case you hadn't realized."

See there is the problem. Well done JS.

My point exactly.

#553 lydia

lydia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

Every trailer boat in NSW would require a permit as the max overhang from the axel is 3.5 m, this includes the mast

Vic and QLD have different guidelines

However it seems in QLD you can't drive between 6-9 & 4-7 weekdays anywhere in Brisbane gold coast or sunshine coast

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/3c1dc39c-7d70-455a-a2de-b4ea9ba428d8/pdf_guideline_for_special_use_trailers_carrying_dragon_boats_etc_form_26_v1_june_2011.pdf

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/9EB0518E-760C-4BC3-B067-844F9CC410D1/0/TR2004222.pdf

You are right on point there.

#554 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

So why in hell are you blaming YA because YOU failed to meet the RTA's rules?

#555 lydia

lydia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

Johnny, you are just not getting it are you!

#556 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

Johnny, you are just not getting it are you!

I get it all right. You are one of those people who always blame others for shit that happens to you. Always somebody elses fault.

#557 Beau Geste

Beau Geste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

So back to the thread, was this worth 2 grand ?

#558 yowie

yowie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

Looks like the meter might still be running.

#559 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

Just out of curiosity, did many boats sail down from Pittwater to RSYS for the Worlds? Or were they all trailered?

#560 DtM

DtM

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

I saw at least three being towed back up the coast on the Sunday after the racing finished

#561 furcoat

furcoat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

So what happened, did you get off or was the magistrate a state of origin fan?

#562 lydia

lydia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

No court date yet.

#563 mh111

mh111

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

Just out of curiosity, did many boats sail down from Pittwater to RSYS for the Worlds? Or were they all trailered?

i know of 3, but certain there was more. of the three that i know, after worlds 2 were trailed home ex rsys and 1 sailed back to rpayc

recall several boats notifying race control after finish of last race that they were sailing back to pittwater, but can't say how many

cheers,

#564 mh111

mh111

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

definitely 100% YES, without question...but where do you get 2 grand ? entry fee for 3 man crew (80% of fleet) was $1600

cheers,

#565 lydia

lydia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:34 AM

definitely 100% YES, without question...but where do you get 2 grand ? entry fee for 3 man crew (80% of fleet) was $1600

cheers,

Well worth the dollars as the tows out and back (although a bit messy for the first few days until people got it sorted) was worth the admission price alone.

#566 lydia

lydia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

We are down to fighting about two things.

But would you believe the biggest fine and one that does not seem to be negotiable is .....

Displaying the "OVERSIZE" signs.

While the mast overhang which is possible the most dangerous issue is the smallest fine of $80.00

Go figure!

#567 Bill E Goat

Bill E Goat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

So the biggest fine is for being cautious and the smallest for being dangerous

What a fucked up system we have

I have asked three time now for a contact in the RTA to discuss trailering regulations and so far got nothing

#568 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,230 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

why have a fine if everyone knows how to dodge it ?

that would be about as sensible as comparable loans or phone plans

millions of suits and penpushers would be out of work

#569 Bill E Goat

Bill E Goat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:06 AM

From my enquirers with the RTA

The NSW Centre for Road Safety (CRS) is not aware of any project to develop specific regulations for sailboat trailers. Indeed, it is not aware of any enquiries, complaints or concerns about the existing standards related to the projection of loads on trailers.

To assist you in compiling the different legislative requirements for towing sailboats, in NSW the following apply:
The Road Transport (Vehicle Registration) Regulation 2007 limits the overall length of a combination (ie a motor vehicle towing a trailer) to 19.0 meters.
Projection of Loads is specifically dealt with under the Road Transport (Mass, Loading and Access) Regulation 2007 (the MLA).  It restricts the overall length of the towing vehicle, trailer and any load carried on that trailer to the 19.0 metre limit specified under Road Transport (Vehicle Registration) Regulation 2007.
The MLA’s further require that if a load projects more than 1.2m past the rear of a trailer, the rearmost part of the load must have a red flag or other suitable object affixed that is at least 300 mm square and clearly visible as a warning to any road user in the near vicinity of the vehicle or trailer.  If used at night, the extreme rear of the load must have affixed either a lamp, emitting red light to the rear that is visible at a distance of 200 m, or at least two red reflectors capable of reflecting light from any following vehicle.
I hope this is of assistance to you. If you have any further queries relating to towing sailboats, or vehicles in general, please contact Mr Keith Simmons, Principal Manager, Safer Vehicles on (02) 8588 5870.

Regards

Safer Vehicles
NSW Centre for Road Safety
GE12/3123

This email address is not monitored for replies. Please send any further emails to RTA_Contact_Centre@rta.nsw.gov.au 

#570 Recidivist

Recidivist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

The NSW Centre for Road Safety (CRS) is not aware of any project to develop specific regulations for sailboat trailers. Indeed, it is not aware of any enquiries, complaints or concerns about the existing standards related to the projection of loads on trailers.

To assist you in compiling the different legislative requirements for towing sailboats, in NSW the following apply:
The Road Transport (Vehicle Registration) Regulation 2007 limits the overall length of a combination (ie a motor vehicle towing a trailer) to 19.0 meters.
Projection of Loads is specifically dealt with under the Road Transport (Mass, Loading and Access) Regulation 2007 (the MLA). It restricts the overall length of the towing vehicle, trailer and any load carried on that trailer to the 19.0 metre limit specified under Road Transport (Vehicle Registration) Regulation 2007.
The MLA's further require that if a load projects more than 1.2m past the rear of a trailer, the rearmost part of the load must have a red flag or other suitable object affixed that is at least 300 mm square and clearly visible as a warning to any road user in the near vicinity of the vehicle or trailer. If used at night, the extreme rear of the load must have affixed either a lamp, emitting red light to the rear that is visible at a distance of 200 m, or at least two red reflectors capable of reflecting light from any following vehicle.
I hope this is of assistance to you. If you have any further queries relating to towing sailboats, or vehicles in general, please contact Mr Keith Simmons, Principal Manager, Safer Vehicles on (02) 8588 5870.

Regards

Safer Vehicles
GE12/3123

This email address is not monitored for replies. Please send any further emails to RTA_Contact_Centre@rta.nsw.gov.au

Sorry, too lazy to check the legislation, but from dealing with similar stuff here, there is also a maximum distance from the rear axle to the rearmost point of the trailer of (IIRC) 2.5m. So you have to check also that the mast doesn't protrude more than 3.7m behind the rear axle. But if the rearmost point of the trailer is, say, 2m from the rear axle, that overhang limit will reduce to 3.2m total.

I seem to recall also that, if the rear axle is a group, the point of measurement becomes the centre of the group, not the rearmost axle within the group.

Simple, eh. Dunno how a smart bloke like lydia could get caught out.:blink:

#571 Flatbag

Flatbag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts
  • Interests:Shattering illusions

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:54 AM

Projection of Loads is specifically dealt with under the Road Transport (Mass, Loading and Access) Regulation 2007 (the MLA). It restricts the overall length of the towing vehicle, trailer and any load carried on that trailer to the 19.0 metre limit specified under Road Transport (Vehicle Registration) Regulation 2007.
The MLA's further require that if a load projects more than 1.2m past the rear of a trailer, the rearmost part of the load must have a red flag or other suitable object affixed that is at least 300 mm square and clearly visible as a warning to any road user in the near vicinity of the vehicle or trailer. If used at night, the extreme rear of the load must have affixed either a lamp, emitting red light to the rear that is visible at a distance of 200 m, or at least two red reflectors capable of reflecting light from any following vehicle.

Regards

Safer Vehicles
GE12/3123

This email address is not monitored for replies. Please send any further emails to RTA_Contact_Centre@rta.nsw.gov.au

Sorry, too lazy to check the legislation, but from dealing with similar stuff here, there is also a maximum distance from the rear axle to the rearmost point of the trailer of (IIRC) 2.5m. So you have to check also that the mast doesn't protrude more than 3.7m behind the rear axle. But if the rearmost point of the trailer is, say, 2m from the rear axle, that overhang limit will reduce to 3.2m total.

I seem to recall also that, if the rear axle is a group, the point of measurement becomes the centre of the group, not the rearmost axle within the group.

Fair go mate, he's just a lawyer, not a rocket surgeon B)

#572 lydia

lydia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:26 AM

"The NSW Centre for Road Safety (CRS) is not aware of any project to develop specific regulations for sailboat trailers. Indeed, it is not aware of any enquiries, complaints or concerns about the existing standards related to the projection of loads on trailers."

Quite strange really!

#573 kokosir

kokosir

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:28 AM

Regards

Safer Vehicles
GE12/3123

In QLD your are allowed to extend 5.5m from the center of the axle group to the tip of the mast
Any overhang larger than 3.7m from center of Axle group requried to use oversize signs and do not overtake

#574 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:29 AM

"The NSW Centre for Road Safety (CRS) is not aware of any project to develop specific regulations for sailboat trailers. Indeed, it is not aware of any enquiries, complaints or concerns about the existing standards related to the projection of loads on trailers."

Quite strange really!

Not really. Public servants. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing. Then they have the "I know nothing" response.

#575 Presuming Ed

Presuming Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

Amused to see this: http://www.ijreport....&Sort=eventdate

A large number of incidents including contact at the first windward mark and first gate mark, many of which were not protested with relatively few voluntary penalty turns taken. The class would benefit from implementing the whistle system at the Worlds.

On OCS enquiries or requests for redress the PRO conducted informal pre hearing meetings with Competitors and one or two Jury members present to review the available evidence. It was very effective in dealing with OCS issues.
Excellent race management delivered quality racing and featured an outstanding level of commuinciation and cooperation with competitors.

Question of what action should be taken, if any, when the Race Committee identifies a Competitor OCS on a Back Flag start when reviewing video evidence post race (not identified on the water)?

#576 lydia

lydia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

Amused to see this: http://www.ijreport....&Sort=eventdate

A large number of incidents including contact at the first windward mark and first gate mark, many of which were not protested with relatively few voluntary penalty turns taken. The class would benefit from implementing the whistle system at the Worlds.

On OCS enquiries or requests for redress the PRO conducted informal pre hearing meetings with Competitors and one or two Jury members present to review the available evidence. It was very effective in dealing with OCS issues.
Excellent race management delivered quality racing and featured an outstanding level of commuinciation and cooperation with competitors.

Question of what action should be taken, if any, when the Race Committee identifies a Competitor OCS on a Back Flag start when reviewing video evidence post race (not identified on the water)?

We tried to sail a really clean series and stay out of the room and did not press the issue when in doubt.

We took penalty turns once after being forced to infringe by another boat with no rights at a top mark, so that was fine.

That said, we are still finding new dings in the boat.

So the jury might be on to something there.

If every top mark collision resulted in turns two boats would get around the top mark and the rest would be doing circles for the rest of the day.

But the best was about race 3 when the middle of the fleet was so bunched it could not fit between the leeward gate at the one time.

#577 Bill E Goat

Bill E Goat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:02 AM

Finally spoke to someone that knew what they were doing.

The guidelines for rowing boats is what to use.

Ie Trailer can only be 3.5m from centre of axle, mast or anything else can be as far back as you want as long as the total length of car and boat inc mast does not exceed 19m

If overhang from the back of the trailer is greater than 1.2 you need a red flag

http://www.rta.nsw.g..._march_2011.pdf

#578 lydia

lydia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:13 AM

Finally spoke to someone that knew what they were doing.

The guidelines for rowing boats is what to use.

Ie Trailer can only be 3.5m from centre of axle, mast or anything else can be as far back as you want as long as the total length of car and boat inc mast does not exceed 19m

If overhang from the back of the trailer is greater than 1.2 you need a red flag

http://www.rta.nsw.g..._march_2011.pdf

Already been there!

Unless you can get someone from RTA to say in writing it applies to trailer yachts!

#579 Bill E Goat

Bill E Goat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:21 AM

I was told it was applicable to towing boats

#580 highndry

highndry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:inshore / offshore, cruising, travel, retirement

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:29 AM

so, what if you put a boat and trailer on a car trailer ?

why is it important to the powers that be as to what is the CARGO on a TRAILER ?

and can NSW restrict interstate people with legally registered trailers ?

WTF

it should not matter if it is a load of chooks or mattresses or cabbages or giraffes, as long as within max measurements

I am SO naive !!!

#581 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:30 AM

Do you have to hail the other trailers when you put up your red flag?

#582 highndry

highndry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:inshore / offshore, cruising, travel, retirement

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:37 AM

Code flag B :

I have an overhanging projection on the road

#583 lydia

lydia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:46 AM

I was told it was applicable to towing boats

Get it in writing and I will ask for my money back!

#584 lydia

lydia

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:48 AM

why is it important to the powers that be as to what is the CARGO on a TRAILER ?

WTF

it should not matter if it is a load of chooks or mattresses or cabbages or giraffes, as long as within max measurements

I am SO naive !!!

Something about not being interstate trade and commerce!

And the Federal law only gets worse.

#585 I'moutahere

I'moutahere

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

WTF

I am SO naive !!!

What if it had been chartered to somebody from Sydney? Or would commercial rgistration then have come into it?

#586 Recidivist

Recidivist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

WTF

I am SO naive !!!

Did you keep a log book of your rest stops?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users