Less then a week to go till the HOT (Heart of Texas) regatta at Stillhouse hollow. Who is going? Also if your going are you going to camp out? Down to the last four events of the season! This should be a great event with a good party! Here is the NOR.
Annual [Sometimes] Stillhouse Hollow Sailing Club Heart of Texas [HOT] Regatta
Notice of Race [N.O.R.]
Will be held Saturday September 22, 2012
Skippers Meeting 10 AM - First race at 11 AM
We will have the pavilion rented Friday night so come on up if you can. We’ll have a jolly old time before the next day’s sailabout.. Breakfast is available @ the Marina and it’s darned good.
4596 Simmons Road, Belton TX 76571 for your little navigation system.
There will be food following the races on Saturday accompanied by libations and an “Excuse Session”.
Come sail with us.
2010 Stillhouse Hollow Sailing Club 1. Rules - The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing.
“HOT” [Heart of Texas] Regatta
September 22, 2012
2. Entries - Competitors may enter by delivering a completed entry form [and paying the $35.oo entry fee] before 10am on Sept. 22.
[Registration will be open 7 PM - 9PM Friday and 7;30 - 10 AM on Saturday.]
3. Notices to Competitors - Notices to competitors will be posted on the official notice board located @ Stillhouse Hollow, Island Pavilion Race Headquarters
4. Signals Made Ashore - Signals made ashore will be displayed from the flagpole located @ Race headquarters. If a postponement is signaled ashore, the warning signal will be made not less than 30 minutes after flag AP is lowered.
5. Schedule and Class Flags - [A competitors’ meeting will be held at 10am @ Race Headquarters.]The warning signal for the first race will be [at 11am on Saturday 22]. Subsequent races will be held as soon as possible after the end of the previous race. The class flag(s) are Numeral pennants. Order of starts @ Skippers meeting & posted.
6. Racing Area - The racing area will be the Windy parts of Stillhouse Hollow Lake with Water.
7. Courses and Marks - The course[s] will be Windward Leeward. W1, W2, and W3 designated by black letters on a white board]. All marks will be YELLOW tetrahedrons. [Course diagrams on back of page] – [Possibility of SHSC permanent marks being used in addition?]
8. Starting and Finishing Lines - The starting and finishing lines will be between ORANGE Ball and orange flag on RC boat. [The Sound Signal Starting System in Appendix S of the racing rules will be used.]
9. Time Limit - The time limit for each race will be 1 hour for the first boat to finish.
10. Protests - Protests shall be delivered to Race Headquarters within 30 minutes after the race committee finish boat docks. The protest time limit and a list of protests received will be posted on the notice board. Hearings will be held as soon as possible after racing each day in the parking lot.
11. Scoring - 5 races are scheduled. [All scores will count.] One race constitutes a series.
Please let us know how many folks [skippers, crew, significant others, etc.] plan to attend so's we can arrange for the feeding of such.
"Walk in a Good Way"
"Walk in a Good Way"